WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-14-2018, 04:32 PM
Messiah's Avatar
Messiah Messiah is offline
WWE Champion
Knockout Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 705
Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Zack Ryder deserves to get released..

Undertaker deserves everything he gets for the work he's put in for 25 years. Just deal with it, don't cry about it.
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-14-2018, 08:50 PM
oneguy oneguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 24
oneguy is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

This has got to be the most stupid post ever, in the history of the Internet. Undertaker got his special schedule because he's EARNED it!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:05 AM
IconicLegend IconicLegend is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3
IconicLegend is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Well your facts are all invalid. Undertaker didnt begin part timing til sometime in the late 2000s. Not to mention while a full time or part time performer he is still one of the biggest draws in the company itself which is why they manage to keep him coming back year after year even after his two Mania loses to Lesnar and Reigns

His career itself minus the streak he had at Mania was legendary itself.

And a portion if his streak is more accomplished then Zack Ryders entire career.

Undertaker is just about done. He knows it. WWE knows it. And real fans such as myself know it. But now they seem to have him on board to appear more than usual because once he's gone there wont be another mania or anything that'll convince him to return. So WWE wants to milk it dry as much as possible this time around and have him appear more to have matches against a few people that WWE and Taker both seem suitable to square off against him in his final run with the company

Undertaker will most likely have a rematch at Mania against Cena. Or he will have a match against someone like Daniel Bryan possibly or another big name. But regardless who he faces off against, he will win all his building up to his final mania to make him look strong as ever. And then he will lose at Mania for his 3rd time and retire

But dont ever open your mouth and say a jobber like Zack Ryder is more deserving then Undertaker to have a part time schedule. Ryder never even won a mid card title nor a world title. When he manages to do either of those on multiple occasions, and can main event in WWE for a few years, then talk.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:07 AM
IconicLegend IconicLegend is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3
IconicLegend is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

The most successful thing Ryder ever done in his career was be apart of Edges little crew when it was him and Hawkins
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-17-2018, 01:15 AM
Maimed Maimed is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 17
Maimed is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Gotta love it when people think their opinions are facts.

Objectively, The Undertaker has been a part-timer longer than he's been a full-timer.

Just because you bust your ass working at McDonalds for the first two years of your working career doesn't entitle you to 30+ years of special treatment because you paid your dues once upon a time.

You can argue that it's Vince's company and he can do what he wants, but you're wrong. It's a publicly traded company and thus he has a responsibility to his shareholders. Shareholders invest in a company based off its long-term earnings potential.

By the way, this isn't the indies... no single superstar "Draws". People ordered/attended WrestleMania long before the card is ever finalized. Nobody says "I'll wait to see what the main event of WrestleMania looks like next week before I decide to order a ticket and go," so that logic is totally flawed. The company is the draw. Individual superstars don't really move the needle like you might think.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-17-2018, 05:42 AM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is online now
Registered User
WCW TV Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Posts: 1,761
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maimed View Post
Gotta love it when people think their opinions are facts.

Objectively, The Undertaker has been a part-timer longer than he's been a full-timer.

Just because you bust your ass working at McDonalds for the first two years of your working career doesn't entitle you to 30+ years of special treatment because you paid your dues once upon a time.

You can argue that it's Vince's company and he can do what he wants, but you're wrong. It's a publicly traded company and thus he has a responsibility to his shareholders. Shareholders invest in a company based off its long-term earnings potential.

By the way, this isn't the indies... no single superstar "Draws". People ordered/attended WrestleMania long before the card is ever finalized. Nobody says "I'll wait to see what the main event of WrestleMania looks like next week before I decide to order a ticket and go," so that logic is totally flawed. The company is the draw. Individual superstars don't really move the needle like you might think.

Sorry to disagree with you but go back and learn your history before posting something. Yes you right, in today version of wwe, not on guy is a draw especially for wrestlemania, people will buy tickets for the show itself and not for whoever is on the card. Having said that, this wasn't always the case, back in the 90's when taker started, it was all about who was on the card and taker was a big part of their success over the year. The guy only took break when he was seriously injured and was a draw for the company since they first started the character. He was a full time guy for over 20 years and the only reason He's a part timer now or like I call him a special attraction is because he busted his ass for the company and his body broke down.

Yes today's fans will show up to mania no matter what, but if you give them a choice between seeing taker or Ryder, they will be more excited to see taker because of what he meant to the business. Ryder is a good hand for wwe but He's not in the same league as taker as far as being a attraction for casual fans.

In the end, It's like comparing Apple to Orange or in wrestling term comparing hulk Hogan to koko b ware. Yes both we're popular but one made money for the company and the other was a good hand.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-17-2018, 08:39 AM
M.V.W. M.V.W. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 35
Posts: 68
M.V.W. is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55
Sorry to disagree with you but go back and learn your history before posting something. Yes you right, in today version of wwe, not on guy is a draw especially for wrestlemania, people will buy tickets for the show itself and not for whoever is on the card. Having said that, this wasn't always the case, back in the 90's when taker started, it was all about who was on the card and taker was a big part of their success over the year. The guy only took break when he was seriously injured and was a draw for the company since they first started the character. He was a full time guy for over 20 years and the only reason He's a part timer now or like I call him a special attraction is because he busted his ass for the company and his body broke down.

Yes today's fans will show up to mania no matter what, but if you give them a choice between seeing taker or Ryder, they will be more excited to see taker because of what he meant to the business. Ryder is a good hand for wwe but He's not in the same league as taker as far as being a attraction for casual fans.

In the end, It's like comparing Apple to Orange or in wrestling term comparing hulk Hogan to koko b ware. Yes both were popular but one made money for the company and the other was a good hand.
To your point Taker spiked ticket sales for Mania a few years ago w/ the match against Shane McMahon. WWE wouldn't spend time promoting certain talent, matches or segments if star power didn't matter. The brand-first focus probably has more to do w/ their investors more than anything.
__________________
Twitter: @libsuperstar
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-17-2018, 12:28 PM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is online now
Registered User
WCW TV Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Posts: 1,761
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.V.W. View Post
To your point Taker spiked ticket sales for Mania a few years ago w/ the match against Shane McMahon. WWE wouldn't spend time promoting certain talent, matches or segments if star power didn't matter. The brand-first focus probably has more to do w/ their investors more than anything.
First of all, you did understand the point i was making since i never said the Taker would Spiked ticket sales in today's environment but i guarantee you that that match help them get more subscription and buys for the network, Anyway, all i'm saying is, For most fans, Taker means more to the business then Zack Ryder does and it's not about who the company push and promote, it's all about the drawing power of the character and Taker had drawing power for most of his career when Fans where drawn by the characters and not the company.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-17-2018, 12:43 PM
M.V.W. M.V.W. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 35
Posts: 68
M.V.W. is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55
First of all, you did understand the point i was making since i never said the Taker would Spiked ticket sales in today's environment but i guarantee you that that match help them get more subscription and buys for the network, Anyway, all i'm saying is, For most fans, Taker means more to the business then Zack Ryder does and it's not about who the company push and promote, it's all about the drawing power of the character and Taker had drawing power for most of his career when Fans where drawn by the characters and not the company.
Yes, I was agreeing. Just pointing how more of an attraction Undertaker is than Ryder.
__________________
Twitter: @libsuperstar
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-17-2018, 01:26 PM
#hamler #hamler is offline
Trending Worldwide.
WWE European Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Age: 25
Posts: 1,957
#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maimed View Post
You can argue that it's Vince's company and he can do what he wants, but you're wrong. It's a publicly traded company and thus he has a responsibility to his shareholders. Shareholders invest in a company based off its long-term earnings potential.
Long term earning potential? Yet Zack Ryder has drawn nothing of note during his time in WWE. I guarantee you WWE shareholders don't give a flippity floppity fuck what kind of content the WWE produces as long as sponsors are happy and they're making money. Undertaker has brought in more money in his days as a part timer than Zack Ryder has his entire career.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJosé View Post
Hamler takes some names and kicks some ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Hamler's got one of the best minds for wrestling on this site.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices