WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-29-2018, 01:31 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...

Only truly caught from the end of AJ-Nakamura through Reigns vs. Lesnar. I was pretty much in and out as I was at the radio station working on my show.

Anyways, I liked what I saw from AJ and Nakamura here. They finally had a story to click with the match and keep me invested. This continues to get more personal between the two skilled competitors. The two will most certainly meet in s third bout at BackLash (possibly Falls Count Anywhere?) that'll likely see Nakamura win the title. From there they'll likely have a fourth match.

Undertaker vs. Rusev was sort of fun. I was thinking to myself Rusev has to be having the time of his life trading punches with The Undertaker. That has to be a surreal feeling for any pro wrestler right? Anyways, I liked that they let Rusev dominate and had it go longer rather than just bury him..then the ending happened. I still feel like Rusev can bounce back and use "The Undertaker barely beat me" for a rub.

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns III unlike Jack-Hammer, who I normally agree with, I thought it was a pretty fun match. They used the same moves but it worked with the story that they were selling. Roman can't beat the Suplexes. Brock always gets crushed with the Superman Punch. Finished was botched though. I still feel like the wrong guy won though. Then again, WWE will likely have Strowman beat Brock at SummerSlam. Maybe, they've finally given up on the Roman Reigns experiment?
Old 04-29-2018, 05:27 AM

UncleSav4ge is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Watch most of the show and have to say, I was nice to watch a show that had no smart fans in the audience.
What do you means by " no smart fans in the audience " ? cause I was there and many others who huge wrestling fans, not just WWE but indy wrestling as well.

You might not want to generalize next time, cause that wasn't a smart comment.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:13 PM
WWE Women's Champion

XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't even think their is much controversy to be honest. Few social media comments, but nothing really major. Saudi is only going to care about how they behave in their country.

They are an entertainment business. It's not their place to judge their culture. Just entertain their fans and make money. I'm sure Vince was thrilled with how it turned out.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:58 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSav4ge View Post
What do you means by " no smart fans in the audience " ? cause I was there and many others who huge wrestling fans, not just WWE but indy wrestling as well.

You might not want to generalize next time, cause that wasn't a smart comment.
What I meant is that watching it on the network, it felt like there was no smart fans in the audience since the reactions to the matches felt more like a casual crowd that would cheer for the babyfaces and boo the heels instead of the normal reactions from a smart crowd. So if there we're smart fans in the audience, they we're in the minority because you really couldn't hear them on the broadcast like you would during mania a few weeks ago.

So that why I generalize because it felt like their weren't none.

On a side note, I just finish watching the rumble match and I got to say, this was better then I was expected. They're we're action, comedy and surprises. Pretty much what you needed in a good rumble match. Loved the ending with strowman just eliminating guys left and right. Cass eliminating Bryan was a nice touch which can be use in the build up to They're match next Sunday and having strowman win at the end was the right move .
Old 04-30-2018, 04:40 AM

UncleSav4ge is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
What I meant is that watching it on the network, it felt like there was no smart fans in the audience since the reactions to the matches felt more like a casual crowd that would cheer for the babyfaces and boo the heels instead of the normal reactions from a smart crowd. So if there we're smart fans in the audience, they we're in the minority because you really couldn't hear them on the broadcast like you would during mania a few weeks ago.

So that why I generalize because it felt like their weren't none.

On a side note, I just finish watching the rumble match and I got to say, this was better then I was expected. They're we're action, comedy and surprises. Pretty much what you needed in a good rumble match. Loved the ending with strowman just eliminating guys left and right. Cass eliminating Bryan was a nice touch which can be use in the build up to They're match next Sunday and having strowman win at the end was the right move .
I get your point but keep in mind, most of us here in Saudi Arabia never attended a WWE event, so for such a huge event and even for me it was my first time attending an event, I didn't care who was the babyface and who was the heel, most of us were just happy that we were able to attend a WWE event.

To be honest I didn't expect the crowd to know much about WWE and the chants and all that, it was better than what I expected.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:41 AM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

A great crowd can make a mediocre show work, and the crowd at the GRR made that show work. I don't know if it needed the help, but it was a much better night for having them.

I had to juggle work and the GRR, so I missed the Cruiserweight match and the Cena vs HHH grudge match. I had a good time though as it was a slow day at work, and it was the first time in a long time that I could participate in the Live Discussion forum.

My biggest criticism is that some of the matches seemed rushed. The Usos seemed to be over with the crowd, and from what I remember they got flattened by The Bludgeon Brothers.

The matches really were great, especially for matches that had to be thrown together abruptly right before another network special. The casket match was the most fun for me, and the rest of the matches were fun as well. I can see the positive of having a show that's just a show, without any high tension drama predicating the matches.

The rumble was neat. I liked seeing the crowd show love to Daniel Bryan. I wish there would have been more surprises, like maybe have Punk return for a night or have more NXT members participate. From what I remember they only had Tucker Knight and Roderick Strong from NXT. I'm guessing that more would have been done if not for issues with travel.

All in all it was a fun show that exceeded expectations, and the crowd made it clear that the WWE would not regret doing another show in Saudi Arabia in the near future.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:45 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviousdominous View Post
All in all it was a fun show that exceeded expectations, and the crowd made it clear that the WWE would not regret doing another show in Saudi Arabia in the near future.
WWE is coming back in this year itself. In November but in Riyadh this time.

Also, I read that the authority over there apologised because a female was shown in some sort of advertisement. They also said that they have made it clear that the women won't be showcased at any cost even in the future.

I watched it almost as the whole. Glad for Braun Strowman and Daniel Bryan. No idea about what's Universal Title picture is. Nakamura is looking better as a heel. NO SPEAK ENGLISH. Ladder match was the show-stealer for me. How did Balor get cut near his eye? Interested in Backlash. It is co-branded now.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:05 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

There were some dodgy moments for sure, like the rich assholes with their back to camera and the action within minutes and them catching the WWE guy telling them to move or sit. The local camera work seemed more off than usual and hilariously exposed Cena's burgeoning bald patch more than ever.

The lack of real talent there in the Rumble was a major disappointment and much of the show seemed not to follow "TV Logic", why have Drew cut a hot promo on Monday and not be on the show for example? Zayn not being there but Heyman being there seemed an odd choice and ultimately, the pops for Jericho and Rey seemed somewhat muted. There was no Cien, no Aliester Black or even a few more old school names. Hornswoggle didn't really cut it in the same way throwing someone even like Jeff Jarrett or The Hurricane would have done.

What was good though was it was a genuinely fun show... I took a friend of mine who has learning disabilities to the local pub to watch and he loved a lot of it and it was good to reconnect a little with the show in that way without the jaded eyes of a 30+ year watcher.

Taker looked surprisingly good, Bryan did great and Titus stole the show, albeit inadvertantly, that might have saved him from firing when the releases come as you an imagine Vince pissing himself backstage and gaining a new respect for how he "took it like a champ".

One issue seemed to be the fallout of the shake up made some matches seem odd as certain guys were on RAW/SD now and it made it somewhat predictable who would win.

Not sure how you unpick Brock v Roman... to be honest if that was the planned finish with Brock going over then Roman screwed it up and to be honest, that's his last chance in my eyes. If it was the other way round then Roman again seemed to botch it a bit. They seem to be ready to move on to Strowman and that in itself isn't a bad thing at all.

As an experiment it seemed to work, the crowd were hot other than the idiots at the VIP section... WWE would be good to say next time it's standard arena seating rather than the empty armchairs but if it's a choice between those battles and getting women on the card then it's a no brainer which to push for. It showed these "glorified house shows" could be more over time. The downside is they got a lot of the money upfront, so if the political stuff isn't resolved then it's easy to see the company downgrade the production going forward.

It was a C+ for me, as fun as some of the UK house shows I've seen over the years but not on the level of a good RAW taping, even with the big guns like Taker assembled.

Last edited by THTRobtaylor : 04-30-2018 at 03:08 PM.