WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-11-2010, 03:11 PM
WWF Champion
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Why Always Me is looking to come up from OCW...Why Always Me is looking to come up from OCW...Why Always Me is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully View Post
I haven't BOO'd him only because I refuse to pay the ticket prices to see a live-event of the WWE during this godawful PG Era.

If I got a free ticket, I'd boo him mercilessly and yell loudly how much he sucks.

Why? Because I boo ALL Faces. Always have, always will.

That said, if VKM ever gave Cena a Heel Turn, I'd likely stop booing and start cheering him. Even though I honestly don't care for Cena's style on the mic and his in-ring skillz, I think he's a hard-working sincere guy who's probably a good guy IRL.

So until Cena becomes a Heel (which will never happen in stupid PG Kiddie Era), I'll boo him mercilessly simply because I find booing Faces entertaining.
So - you boo all faces becuase you find it entertaining? Not becuase you dislike the character of the faces, you prefer the heels, simply because you find it entertaining?

That sums it up - the vast majority of people boo Cena becuase it's the cool thing to do. You even said yourself 'if VKM ever gave Cena a Heel Turn, I'd likely stop booing and start cheering him'. You don't know what his character would be like if he turned heel, but you have alrready made the decision to cheer him if he turned heel?

No logic there at all, as with most of the John Cena haters.

TBH, I am indifferent to Cena. He was much better when he was the rapper, but i am not too sure if that would work as a main event gimmick or not (would like to see it tried though).

Just like Hogan, Bret, Shawn, Austin and The Rock before him, Cena is the face of the company and deservedly so. In other posts I have high-lighted his passion for the business and his work for charity (make a wish foundation). I agree at times his gimmick is a little stale but to boo him becuase its the cool thing to do or simply because you boo al faces is just stupid. I am just waiting for people to turn on Randy Orton now that he is a face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Jerry Lawler View Post
The Rock isn't in the same league as Austin let alone claiming that Cena isn't in the league of both him and Austin.
The Rock IS in the same league as Austin :-)

Last edited by Why Always Me : 07-11-2010 at 03:15 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-11-2010, 03:21 PM

dotty_84 is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't think it's the cool thing to do. I dont mind Cena though i don't really like to watch his matches. People boo as he's Main eventing for the belt all the time! plus people who are rooted in the Attitude era probably think Cena has made the PG which they don't prefer (which is utter crap).

Weird thing is these people who hate Cena guarantee loooooooved The Rock now if Cena was in the Attitude era guarantee all the haters would be loving it. You can see that Cena would be awesome in Attitude era.

"Ham, Mayonaise, Mustard!" that made me laugh.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Calgary Kid is looking to come up from OCW...The Calgary Kid is looking to come up from OCW...

Before stating any kind of negativity, I'll preface my comments on Cena by saying this: I went to school in West Newbury and was in the same grade as one of his brothers. His family seem to be good people; additionally, given his record with charity, Cena seems to be a classy individual and a really nice guy. As such, I do have kind of a soft spot for him.

That said, he bores me to death. I turn on Raw every Monday, and either he's giving a promo, or someone else is and I'm counting down the seconds until his music hits. Somehow or another, whether announced at the top of the show or two commercial breaks in, it's announced that he will be in the main event, which is usually of little to no substance.

Cena in the main event is starting to remind me of penis enlargement spam. It's there every time you check your mail, and even if it's in the junk filter, you can't escape it and are perfectly aware of that. Depending on the subject line, it's good for an occasional laugh, but it's ubiquity is tiresome and unwanted by most people who aren't naive or trying to make money.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-11-2010, 03:47 PM

BLACKIELAWLESS is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotty_84 View Post
I don't think it's the cool thing to do. I dont mind Cena though i don't really like to watch his matches. People boo as he's Main eventing for the belt all the time! plus people who are rooted in the Attitude era probably think Cena has made the PG which they don't prefer (which is utter crap).

Weird thing is these people who hate Cena guarantee loooooooved The Rock now if Cena was in the Attitude era guarantee all the haters would be loving it. You can see that Cena would be awesome in Attitude era.

"Ham, Mayonaise, Mustard!" that made me laugh.
I like finishers myself and I hate that the fu can put anyone out.The Fu is a move that used to be something that everyone did in a match but since Cena is calling it the fu we're all supposed to think that it is so devastating.

No, i was not a Rock fan.I laughed a few times at some of the funny stuff that he did but the Rock had the same problem that Cena has now.His finisher was over rated too.jmo
Old 07-11-2010, 03:49 PM

dotty_84 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Calgary Kid View Post
Cena in the main event is starting to remind me of penis enlargement spam. It's there every time you check your mail, and even if it's in the junk filter, you can't escape it and are perfectly aware of that. Depending on the subject line, it's good for an occasional laugh, but it's ubiquity is tiresome and unwanted by most people who aren't naive or trying to make money.
That is going into my Sig hahahaa!

If he just wasn't so in your face it'd be alright. Saying that he rakes in the money and the majority want to seem, he's a great role model for WWE like Kid said his charity work is insane and that seem genuinely nice.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Bulletproof Tiger
WWE European Champion

Kenny Powers scored a win over Santino Marella...Kenny Powers scored a win over Santino Marella...Kenny Powers scored a win over Santino Marella...Kenny Powers scored a win over Santino Marella...Kenny Powers scored a win over Santino Marella...Kenny Powers scored a win over Santino Marella...Kenny Powers scored a win over Santino Marella...Kenny Powers scored a win over Santino Marella...Kenny Powers scored a win over Santino Marella...Kenny Powers scored a win over Santino Marella...Kenny Powers scored a win over Santino Marella...

Its probably jealousy to see a man cater to thousands of fans with tons of women screaming. I'm sure fans would have booed Jeff Hardy years ago too, if he didn't do the swanton bomb. People say his moves, clothes, belt, etc. but I just don't see why people have to boo the man out of building no matter what he says. There really is no reason for it. I'm no Cena fan and I believe his promos can be a little overbearing at times. I prefer Cena as a character out for blood attacking whoever crosses him instead of the Dudley Do Right cute happy go lucky Cena that makes corny jokes.

He isn't the only one to criticize though. Austin, Rock, and Mr. Anderson have become corny and have come off too cute at times. I was one of the biggest fans of the Rock, but sometimes I just can't stand him. The good thing about someone like the Rock or Anderson is that they are allowed to switch between heel and face. Cena has been a face for years now and isn't changing his character anytime soon.

I just think no matter who it is Cena, Hogan, Triple H, HBK, Rock, Austin, Jericho, Angle, Anderson, etc. If you see too much of a person in a role where he is unbeatable and constantly on television, of course you are going to get sick of him. That is why people boo Cena or any other superstar. I really don't think it has much to do with his ring attire, performance, or even abilities on the mic. Sometimes wrestling fans just need a break from wrestlers always on top.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:00 PM
If you have ghosts...
Knockout Champion

El Rev sXe is looking to come up from OCW...El Rev sXe is looking to come up from OCW...El Rev sXe is looking to come up from OCW...El Rev sXe is looking to come up from OCW...El Rev sXe is looking to come up from OCW...El Rev sXe is looking to come up from OCW...El Rev sXe is looking to come up from OCW...

I hate Cena, but it ain't cause is "the cool thing". seriously,I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything but that is one of the stupidest thing I have read here on WZ. you may agree or not, you may like it or not, but Cena haters considered that he is a piece of crap as a wrestler (WRESTLER NOT ENTERTAINER), has this pathetic SuperCena gimmick FOR kids, needs to win most of the matches (and when he loses it's NEVER because someone is actually better than him, it's with a dirty tactic) amongst other things. I started to hate him when he defeated HHH at Mania 22. I mean, I think from that point he started to beat every single wrestler that RAW has to offer. that's why people hate him, I mean when this new guy starts to beat every single one of your favorite superstars, you don't like him! people are bored with Cena "overcoming" the odds.

oh and for the people that made the comparisons with Hogan:seriously, that was two decades ago. times change and so does people, not everyone wants to see "same old shit" LOL and I mean by that not everyone wants to see a gimmick that has been done 20 years ago (in wrestling all gimmicks are recyclables but gimmicks as big ones as Hogan are stale after seeing it many times) obviously kids doesn't know that so they accepted.

Fortunately I have beard too so...

A great sig maker: FutureShockWWE!
sendpm.gif
Old 07-11-2010, 04:10 PM
parental discretion advised
Knockout Champion

Hazardous is looking to come up from OCW...Hazardous is looking to come up from OCW...Hazardous is looking to come up from OCW...Hazardous is looking to come up from OCW...Hazardous is looking to come up from OCW...Hazardous is looking to come up from OCW...Hazardous is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Cena, Hogan, Triple H, HBK, Rock, Austin, Jericho, Angle
Kenny, i agree with you on that, but i do have to ask, out of those guys, how many won the WWF/E title less than 10 times and are still considered the TOP guys of their time?
HBK: 4 times
Rock: 7 times
Austin: 6 times
Jericho: 4 times
Angle: 5 times
(note, i did exclude WCW title during the invasion story line, as it was a worthless title)

that is proof that your top guys CAN be top guys and not have the belt around their waist all the time as long as they have some great story lines, and promo's to back it up.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Hogan Matters!
WWE Diva's Champion

goodlay is looking to come up from OCW...goodlay is looking to come up from OCW...goodlay is looking to come up from OCW...goodlay is looking to come up from OCW...goodlay is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't hate Cena, but I do dislike him. The problem with Cena is his wrestling is so predictable, he ridiculously oversells everything, and he always comes back with the same four moves. He drastically changes from acting like a ten year old on the mic, to being super serious solider John Cena. He isn't funny on the mic and his yelling promos are terrible. Not to mention from 2005-2007 he basically had the belt the whole time and was unstoppable.

I liked Cena from 2002-early 2005. The rapper gimmick was really unique and he pulled it off extremely well as a jackass heel and a charismatic face. But once WWE decided to make him Superman and the face of the company, it's been all downhill for me. They slowly phased out his rapper gimmick and now he's just a white guy who wears jean shorts.

I can't blame WWE for constantly putting the belt on him though, because the kids absolutely love him and when they pan the Raw audience, it's basically a sea of the orange "Never give up" shirts. Cena's a mainstream star and he is the biggest draw for WWE since Austin or Rock. I just hope he doesn't break Ric Flair's 16 world title reigns, because no one deserves it and plain and simple the record just shouldn't be broken.

Theo
sendpm.gif
Old 07-11-2010, 05:04 PM

dionlyone18 is looking to come up from OCW...

Ummm THe Rock got booed a lot too even as a face.think about it. the Rock main evented 5 Wrestlemanias in a row.. he was booed 4 out of 5 of them. wrestlemania 15 he was with vinny mac mania 17 it was in texas against austin 18 he was against hogan and had alot of respect for him and 19 he was a full heel agains t austin....

I really wish people would stop comparing cena to rock and austin and hogan three difrrent people. they all carried the company and honestly the rock never carried the company he was just really over with the crowd as quickly as rock rose thats how quickly he left the WWE. techinaclly the rock left in 2004 and never came back around the same time cena was on the rise. people didnt want to see someone take the rocks limelight and and they dont want anohter household name so ow everything cena does itscompared because people cant take the fact that there is life after the rock...i never like dthe rock like everyone else did mainly cause ive always rooted for the bad guy..i just wish people would stop linking cena and rock. no way are thier charecters are the same. and im glad cena left his rapper gimmick behind. it was gettign stale and old. he cant joke around like he wants because of the pg era..and in all honesty the only ones that boo him are the adult guys.. im 20 i respect cena and i dont cheer for him but i dont say hes lame and cant wrestle .newsflash NONE OF YOU CAN WRESTLE if you could youd be in the ring with cena instead of bitching about him online.