WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > The GSD - General Spam Discussion
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-24-2018, 05:31 PM
Join WZCW because writing is hip
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default Jeff TRIES to cook things!

Well...I often experiment with certain cooking things. I made a Big Mac dip for nachos once and ever since I've been trying to experiment with food to recreate that magic. But have failed at every turn.

Today's mediocre effort:

*Marinated Striplion Steak Surprise on a bed of heavily buttered rice*

Here's what I did, or should I say...here's how I failed.

I took a frozen Striplion Steak and dethawed it in the microwave. I poked it several times with a fork when it was thawed. Then I made a marinade that only a madman would throw together:

Mazola Oil (three cups!)
Frank's Red Hot (ten dashes)
Tons of salt and pepper
Garlic salt, lots of it
Worchestershire sauce (Not much, just a dab)
Parmesan cheese (The real stuff, not cheap plastic can stuff)
Zesty Italian dressing (Lots of it)
Soya Sauce
Italiano spices
Browning Sauce (For that wonderful black color that people love when eating)

Mixed it well in a glass loaf dish. Threw in steak and wrapped it all in plastic. Let it sit in the fridge for 2 hours. Flipped the steak. Let it sit for another 1.5 hours.

Cooked a couple cups of rice, put it to one side to stay warm. Pre heated oven to 425 and threw the sauced up steak in a turkey roasting dish and went to cut my hair for 25 minutes.

Flipped steak then waited another 10 minutes. Took it out and it was still slightly red in the middle so I got worried and fried it a little on a pan. I overcooked the fuck out of it.

Chopped it up and threw it on a huge bed of rice. It kind of reminded me of something that might taste good but not quite there yet.

The rice was perfect but the steak was overcooked and the Zesty Italian Dressing overpowered the taste of the steak. Almost though....almost.

Join WZCW now.

Last edited by Jeff Deliverer of Mail : 02-24-2018 at 05:36 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:21 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

A warm pink center never hurt anyone Jeff.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:22 PM
Join WZCW because writing is hip
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...

I should have left it pink dammit.

Join WZCW now.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:49 PM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

You shouldnt defrost meats in a microwave.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:05 PM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...

This title is misleading. I thought you were trying to cook things, not food. Was almost ready to challenge you to deep fry a pillow. What a disappointment.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:13 PM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
Flipped steak then waited another 10 minutes. Took it out and it was still slightly red in the middle so I got worried and fried it a little on a pan. I overcooked the fuck out of it.
With steak, it's not a big deal to have a pink center. Unlike ground beef, which is processed and can introduce undesirable elements, strips of steak are just cut straight from the cow and packaged. In fact, steak usually tastes better when you don't cook it well done. Also, if you're going to thaw steak, there are better ways to do it than putting it in the microwave.

And if you ever want to treat yourself, get a decent ribeye steak, marinade it overnight (Lawry's marinade will work, we like the teriyaki) and then grill it. So, so good.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:59 PM
Gentleman of the Old School
WWE Diva's Champion

Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Gelgarin

If blood doesn't come out then you're doing it wrong. Good advice for many things in life, including steak.

I'm also super not down with marinades for decent cuts. If you've got something lower quality, or been saddled with medallions by a sociopathic butcher then it's all good, though personally I favour a dry spice rub instead (salt, pepper, paprika and whatever takes your fancy), but if I've got a quality cut then I want to to taste like steak, not sauce.

On a steak related note, am I the only one to have found fillet to be a profoundly disappointing cut of meat for the price? If you're not chopping it up to do tartare then it feels like you're paying extra for a cut of meat that won't be consistently cooked throughout. Possibly it's better for those who enjoy their meat well done, and while I'm generally in favour of punishing bad people, I do feel like less of a fuss could maybe be made over it.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:11 PM
Humming The Bassline
WCW TV Champion

Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelgarin View Post
If blood doesn't come out then you're doing it wrong. Good advice for many things in life, including steak.
I concur. Medium rare is my golden target for steak. Even a little bloody isn't bad either.

Quote:
I'm also super not down with marinades for decent cuts. If you've got something lower quality, or been saddled with medallions by a sociopathic butcher then it's all good, though personally I favour a dry spice rub instead (salt, pepper, paprika and whatever takes your fancy), but if I've got a quality cut then I want to to taste like steak, not sauce.
Also concur with this. I hate marinated steaks. I use dry rubs, local grocery store here has some pretty good mixes of them with different spices. Some give a really nice kick, and with dry rubs they create a nice crust if you will on the top of the steak.

Quote:
On a steak related note, am I the only one to have found fillet to be a profoundly disappointing cut of meat for the price? If you're not chopping it up to do tartare then it feels like you're paying extra for a cut of meat that won't be consistently cooked throughout. Possibly it's better for those who enjoy their meat well done, and while I'm generally in favour of punishing bad people, I do feel like less of a fuss could maybe be made over it.
Fillet is overrated. Give me a ribeye, T-Bone, or Porterhouse any day of the week over fillet.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:18 PM
Gentleman of the Old School
WWE Diva's Champion

Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Gelgarin

I like it when it can still moo.

T-bone and Porterhouse are much less of a thing over here. You'll generally only see them if you go to a speciality butcher. I think it all gets sliced up for Sirloin. Ribeye is far and away my favourite cut though. I avoided it for years because it looks like shit, but I got one of those dry ice crates with half a cow in it for a birthday a few years back and was quickly made a convert.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:25 PM
Humming The Bassline
WCW TV Champion

Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelgarin View Post
I like it when it can still moo.
Maybe half a moo for me.

Quote:
T-bone and Porterhouse are much less of a thing over here. You'll generally only see them if you go to a speciality butcher. I think it all gets sliced up for Sirloin. Ribeye is far and away my favourite cut though. I avoided it for years because it looks like shit, but I got one of those dry ice crates with half a cow in it for a birthday a few years back and was quickly made a convert.
We actually butcher the cow ourselves. My wife's aunt and uncle raise cattle so every year around January or so we head out to the middle of nowhere (and considering my state is nothing but middle of nowhere, that's saying something), and we cut up an entire beef. Normally we take about a quarter of it, so I have a chest freezer filled to the top on one half with hamburger meat, steaks, roasts, and sausage. That will normally last us a year and then some. We butchered later then usual last year, and butchered again not 8 months later so way earlier then usual, so now I'm well stocked up on all the steaks I could want, cut to my preference. The plus side is my wife prefers simple round steaks (I do not know why) so I get all the ribeyes, T-Bones, and porterhouses to myself. It's so much cheaper than buying directly from the store, even if it does take one day of my life away each year to butcher and process it ourselves.

Add in it's from a small local farm, it's all grass fed too which is even better.

Last edited by Ty Burna : 02-24-2018 at 10:27 PM.