WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlezolympics '10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Beep Bop Boop
ROH Pure Champion

Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. TM View Post
That would clear up confusion. If I were to pick the best single person out of all those in the match, Hulk Hogan has a chance. Not to go off topic, but I of course picked Team Canada, and could argue my points for it.

But the way IC had it set up, he was being creative to give people a chance to have fun in it. If polls were more customizable, I am sure he would have went a different route.
I totally get why he did it that way, and that was a good idea so it wasn't just a Team A vs. Team B scenario. Now that we've seen it in action, however, I think we can agree that we either need clarification to keep the polls this way or change it to A vs. B.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Don't thank me; I've done nothing
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
But that would go down to every match being a soul survivor match.
How so? Surely if two members from the same team garner enough votes to be the first and second highest scorers then they would be considered the survivors, not just the highest being Sole Survivor.

Take a look at the Team Japan vs. Team Mexico match. Inoki, Kobashi and Misawa gained more individual votes than any member of Team Mexico. Therefore I consider those three survived the match, while Liger was eliminated
Old 02-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Throwing a tantrum
King of the Ring

Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThirdHebner View Post
You voted for Bret Hart, who has survived one out of the six Survivor Series style matches he's been in. Aside from that, teamwork matters less in this style of match then a regular tag. The sheer number of participants makes it a bit of a free-for-all, and the elimination factor weighs against "teamwork".

Aside from that, who's to say that, kayfabe, these guys would work well together? Edge and Jericho at their best play a heel, while Hart and Benoit were straight-arrow faces. Hogan and Austin are faces, and Angle does either equally well, whereas Michaels is best as a "tweener" type. I think that favors the US
The fact that many of them have tagged together before, or trained the others helps significantly. And bringing up Bret Hart's Survivor Series results are a little silly, as NONE of those matches were in his prime. From 1992-1997, that is the 6 years of Bret Hart's prime in the WWE, and he was perfect in Survivor Series in those years, only wrestling once of course, because many f those years he was main eventing the card.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Future Endeavored

TheThirdHebner is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
The fact that many of them have tagged together before, or trained the others helps significantly. And bringing up Bret Hart's Survivor Series results are a little silly, as NONE of those matches were in his prime. From 1992-1997, that is the 6 years of Bret Hart's prime in the WWE, and he was perfect in Survivor Series in those years, only wrestling once of course, because many f those years he was main eventing the card.
Why is it silly to cite Hart's record? You're citing the fact that some of these guys tagged or trained together, and that certainly wasn't in their primes.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Throwing a tantrum
King of the Ring

Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...

...are you trying to argue that training doesn't matter because it is not during their prime? Bret Hart was a jobber during his early days, but he went on to becoming the most important man in the New generation Era. And in his prime, he was perfect in Survivor Series matches, and that is what matters. Just because you are in your prime, it doesnt mean you lose your ability to tag with a former partner.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:24 PM
.you.lose.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Realistically, nothing in the matchup matters anymore, so debating who would win is pointless. The voters have decided already that either:

A. If the rules specifically state that the TEAM with more votes wins, then Canada has already won.

or

B. If the rules specifically state that the team with the MEMBER(S) with the most votes wins, then USA should have won.

The individual participants really have nothing to do with it anymore, simply which way the format for the tournament should be. Two choices, A or B.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Future Endeavored

TheThirdHebner is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
...are you trying to argue that training doesn't matter because it is not during their prime? Bret Hart was a jobber during his early days, but he went on to becoming the most important man in the New generation Era. And in his prime, he was perfect in Survivor Series matches, and that is what matters. Just because you are in your prime, it doesnt mean you lose your ability to tag with a former partner.
HOw do you figure? They operate under completely different ideologies now, whereas their "training" was real-life, not kayfabe. Jericho and Edge cheat constantly, something that Hart and Benoit wouldn't put up with. Their opposing personalities and morals would destroy team chemistry.

EDIT: Also, the Rockers were a great team, but once HBK turned heel, I wouldn't think they would operate nearly as well together.

Last edited by TheThirdHebner : 02-21-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Throwing a tantrum
King of the Ring

If you wanted to go COMPLETELY keyfabe, Team USA would have torn each other apart. Hogan would have beef with Shawn and Angle, and vice versas, and Stone Cold would have done what he has done EVERYTIME he was with a teammate, he would have stunnered them all. You can't be completely keyfabe when your one partner's catchphrase was Don't Trust Anybody.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...
Default USA / Canada Resolution

First off, I'd like to send a thank you out to TheBigOneWill for doing some unsolicited legwork for me over the weekend to help me reach a quick and easy decision on the controversy surrounding the semi-final Survivor Series match. Here is the data he came up with:

1. 29 total people voted for Canada. 31 total people voted for the USA.

2. Two people - Ryahhitman316 AND The G - total ignored both the opening post AND the poll instructions, and voted for members of BOTH teams. Ryanhitman voted for all 4 Canadians, as well as an American. The G voted for 3 Canadians and 2 Americans. As a result, both of these poster's votes have been disqualified.

As a result, the decision has been reversed, and the USA will face Japan for the Gold Medal, while Canada will face Mexico for Bronze.

I will have a new format in place for these match-ups, since it's clear the way it was being run is too complicated for people, especially those who do not read OP's for instructions.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Throwing a tantrum
King of the Ring

I am not comletely sure what happened here, If Canada loses those 7 votes against, and USA loses those 3 votes against, Canada still has a lot more votes for. The rules stated that the nation with the most votes for would win. After the subtraction, Canada has 71 votes, United States has 59.

If there can be no agreement, I move to a triple threat Survivor Series match. The first in history.