WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlezolympics '10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...
Default Survivor Series Rules -Under Review

Valid points were brought up today about the voting in the Survivor Series matches. Though my OP's in those threads very clearly stated that the team with the most overall votes for survivors would win, it turns out people voted for sole survivors and felt that should be the outcome on the match. This will be under review until tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone who pointed out the issue.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Throwing a tantrum
King of the Ring

Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...

There is one major flaw with that, that is taking the teamwork out of a match that involves that historically, a team. The biggest argument I saw in the Team Canada thread is their ability to work as a team. There are four men in the match for each side, and the better put together team wins the match against a soul survivor.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Beep Bop Boop
ROH Pure Champion

Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...

While I get what TM is saying, I also understand the opposite point of view. I understand the way you set up the voting, IC, but I don't think that is the best way to do it. As someone pointed out in the US vs. Canada thread, what is to stop people from voting for every member of a team in order to raise their total vote count rather than just who they think will survive. I will be OK with whoever ends up winning that match, but I think the voting should be changed to two options, Team A or Team B, or the individual with the most votes is the sole survivor.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Don't thank me; I've done nothing
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. TM View Post
There is one major flaw with that, that is taking the teamwork out of a match that involves that historically, a team. The biggest argument I saw in the Team Canada thread is their ability to work as a team. There are four men in the match for each side, and the better put together team wins the match against a soul survivor.
Surely this is not a "Who you think would survive?" argument but a "How the votes are interpreted" argument.

Team Canada might have received more combined votes but more people thought Hulk Hogan would survive than any other competitor so therefore IMO he should be declared the Sole Survivor.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Deadly Rap Cannibal
King of the Ring

Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...

Like I said in the US vs Canada thread, there were 11 posters who voted for every single member of Team Canada to survive as opposed to 4 posters who did the same for Team USA. That's a difference of 28 total votes. There is no one who can come up with a legitimate argument for voting every member of a team to survive in that particular match.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Throwing a tantrum
King of the Ring

Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...

But that would go down to every match being a soul survivor match. Many Survivor Series matches are not. A good team always does well in Survivor Series match. .
Old 02-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Beep Bop Boop
ROH Pure Champion

Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
But that would go down to every match being a soul survivor match. Many Survivor Series matches are not. A good team always does well in Survivor Series match. .
This is true, which is why I think that another option for IC should be for posters to vote for either Team A or Team B. That way if TM thinks all of Team Canada should survive, he can vote for Canada, but if I think Hulk Hogan will be the sole survivor, I can vote for Team USA. Get rid of any controversy.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Throwing a tantrum
King of the Ring

That would clear up confusion. If I were to pick the best single person out of all those in the match, Hulk Hogan has a chance. Not to go off topic, but I of course picked Team Canada, and could argue my points for it.

But the way IC had it set up, he was being creative to give people a chance to have fun in it. If polls were more customizable, I am sure he would have went a different route.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Future Endeavored

TheThirdHebner is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
You voted for Bret Hart, who has survived one out of the six Survivor Series style matches he's been in. Aside from that, teamwork matters less in this style of match then a regular tag. The sheer number of participants makes it a bit of a free-for-all, and the elimination factor weighs against "teamwork".

Aside from that, who's to say that, kayfabe, these guys would work well together? Edge and Jericho at their best play a heel, while Hart and Benoit were straight-arrow faces. Hogan and Austin are faces, and Angle does either equally well, whereas Michaels is best as a "tweener" type. I think that favors the US
Old 02-21-2010, 05:06 PM
.you.lose.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Well that is effectively the problem. Are we voting for the better team, or for who we think would actually win? These are two completely different things.

According to the OP in the USA vs Canada thread, we are supposed to be voting for only one team and ONLY the PARTICIPANTS we think would SURVIVE. Realistically, the people that voted for all four members of team Canada are saying that they think Canada would clean sweep USA, and while that may be their opinion, it has seriously swayed the voting.

The majority of people supporting USA have basically read the above rules and stated, "Well Canada is really good, and would take down 3 of our 4 guys, so based on the guidelines, I'm only voting for Hogan to survive." Thus, Hogan got more votes than anyone on team Canada, but Canada in total got more votes.

I stated this before in the USA/Canada thread, but follow the theory here:

If I have 10 people supporting Canada and 20 supporting USA, and all the USA guys only vote for Hogan, team USA gets 20 votes. If all 10 guys supporting Canada vote for all members of team Canada, Canada gets 40 votes, and by the logic provided, should win, even though fewer people are actually in favor of them winning.
sendpm.gif