WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlezolympics '10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Gold Medal - Steve Austin vs Edge vs Mitsuharu Misawa
Steve Austin 22 52.38%
Edge 9 21.43%
Mitsuharu Misawa 11 26.19%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2010, 08:16 PM
[This Space for Rent]
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to TheOneBigWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsayne View Post
As for this match, I see zero chance of Edge winning, the whole Ultimate Oppertunists argument just needs to be thrown out, as in the majority of the matches he won during that phase of his career he had someone running interferance and helping him out, something that can't happen in this match, he won't have Lita, Big Show or La Familia to help him out, he's on his own in a match with two wrestlers that a far superior to Edge in about every way, not to mention the easily injured Edge has already been in a war with Misawa, so he's gonna be lucky just to be able to walk to the ring, he may hit one or two big moves but he's gonna be so banged up and hurt that I doubt he's going to be able to capitalize and get a quick fall

This match really comes down to Austin or Misawa, and seeing as how Austin, much like Edge has a history of neck injuries, I don't see things working well in his favor especially against someone like Misawa, my vote right now is leaning towards Misawa
Anyone who tries saying the Ultimate Opportunist/Triple Threat = best match for Edge logic needs to be thrown out is plain and simply too scared to admit it is Edge's best chance at winning, and he becomes very dangerous in this style of match.

With it being 1 fall to a finish, that increases my belief that Edge will steal one here. Should he win? Probably not. In one-on-one matches, Edge can out-wrestle Steve Austin, but not out-brawl. I don't know enough of Misawa to say any different - but I do know if what has been said about Misawa and Austin are true, then they will wrestle each other to the death with Edge trying his hardest to stay out of the picture.

I don't give a shit what Edge has won, or lost. All it takes is proving he can, and in saying that I point out the John Cena v. Rob Van Dam v. Edge match that happened July 3rd, 2006 on Raw. Edge stole the victory from both, with a title shot to the head, after Cena hit an F-U on Van Dam.

Misawa has been argued to be unstoppable and impervious to pain. Steve Austin will test that theory. As a result, if Misawa is so unstoppable, he'll be the guy targeted by Austin & Edge in a two-on-one effort, until Edge or Austin turn on the other. At which point Edge will return to his staying out of the picture gameplan.

Misawa hits a finisher, Edge quickly comes in and dumps Misawa out of the ring, steals the victory by pinning Austin - after Misawa does the dirty work in getting Austin down and out. Edge wins.

If this is not believable to anyone - prove to me why, and do so without saying my logic is simply "stupid". If you want to earn my vote, then do so. Calling me names isn't going to prove me, or anyone else, anything except for you don't have the intelligence to actually state anything worth paying attention to.

Be Happy, Have Faith, Believe That ALL Things Are Possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
There are a lot of retards in this world, it only takes one of them to lick an elevator button for all of us to be fucked.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Gone but never forgotten.
Mr. Money in the Bank

D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to D-Man Send a message via MSN to D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill View Post
With it being 1 fall to a finish, that increases my belief that Edge will steal one here. Should he win? Probably not. In one-on-one matches, Edge can out-wrestle Steve Austin, but not out-brawl. I don't know enough of Misawa to say any different - but I do know if what has been said about Misawa and Austin are true, then they will wrestle each other to the death with Edge trying his hardest to stay out of the picture.

I don't give a shit what Edge has won, or lost. All it takes is proving he can, and in saying that I point out the John Cena v. Rob Van Dam v. Edge match that happened July 3rd, 2006 on Raw. Edge stole the victory from both, with a title shot to the head, after Cena hit an F-U on Van Dam.
Come on, Will... don't start the arguments that are blatently convenient towards your goal to give Edge a gold medal like you do in all WZ Tournaments. If Edge had any kind of wins over Misawa or Austin in the real world you'd be writing book reports about them on here. But the fact is that he doesn't. Why? Because he NEVER WOULD.

Just like X already said, there is no way, on any planet or parallel universe, where Edge could come out on top over Austin in this type of matchup. And there's no need to get into the hypothetical, far-fetched theories about him stealing pins or using sneakiness, either.

I'm sure that a bolt of lightning could come down from the sky and strike Austin dead during the match. But we need to play the odds here. Austin is a fucking PSYCHOPATH, especially in a no-DQ setting. He is damn near untouchable in a no rules setting, since his record in those matches are at an extremely high percentgae rate. Not to mention that the opponents he defeated were almost all high profile. Undertaker, the Rock, HBK, Triple H... you name it, he's beaten them. Edge is just another checkmark on this list.

As a matter of fact, seeing Misawa's resume, I'd go out on a limb and say Edge has the LEAST chance of winning this match. Misawa is damn near invincible... he feels no pain... he has no boundaries. If anyone is more catered for this type of matchup, it's Misawa. However, Austin has defeated opponents that are not only high-profile, but more catered to this match-type. Misawa might have had battles in this type of atmosphere, but not with opponents like Austin had.

Austin's going to win this one.

Click for Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696
Let's IP ban you and find out. Who the fuck are you kidding? Do you really think you understand the situation better than I do? Fuck off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal
I will say it though, this would be pretty fucking cool if it didnt suck ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC25 View Post
Wait...a SMILEY with a LIGHTSABER!? God, no! Anything but that!
Are you going to hurl your virginity at me next???
sendpm.gif
Old 02-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Don't thank me; I've done nothing
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

I have to agree somewhat with the argument that this is kind of match that Edge would be able to steal a victory and maybe against any other opponents I would side with the Ultimate Opportunist. However, Misawa and Austin both are tougher and as smart as Edge.

As tough as Misawa is, Austin is just so intense that even if it takes 10 Stunners I think the Rattlesnake will just about get the job done
Old 02-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Global Moderator
ECW Champion

jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Edge and Steve Austin fought with nothing but passion and anger. They made a career out of doing so, but it cost them a good amount of matches at the same time. Rarely did they use their head and think rationally about the situations they were in. That would happen in this match. Edge would do something to piss Austin off early on, and from that point on they would completely focus on each other... while Misawa calmly waits for the perfect opportunity to jump in and put one of them away. And believe me... an Emerald Flowsion would put either one of these guys away.

So yeah... I really don't see this match going any other way. Wrestlers like Misawa wrestle with not just their brute strength and toughness, but with their brains as well. You just cannot say the same for Edge and Austin. Edge gets called the 'Ultimate Opportunist' for knowing when to cash in a contract at the perfect moment, not because he was smart enough to win matches like these. Steve Austin always depended on being able to stomp a mudhole in people on his way to victory... okay, for one, in no way, shape, or form would Misawa ever let that motherfucker do that to him, but more importantly... Austin would be too focused on kicking Edge's ass anyway, since like I said... there's no way 30 seconds into this match that Edge doesn't do something that Austin loses his mind over. Edge is a complete slimeball, while Austin is perhaps the biggest hothead in pro wrestling history; you put those two in the same ring, it's guaranteed they focus on each other throughout the match. The only time Misawa would have to intervene would be to stop sure pinfalls, but that's it. Besides, all he has to do is stay alert, and strike at the perfect time... which he would undoubtedly do.

sendpm.gif
Old 02-18-2010, 02:29 AM
Turn Bayley heel
TNA Champion

Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Tastycles

The point of a triple threat match, as well as shoehorning people onto cards, is to allow strong wrestlers to win. Cena loses triple threats a lot more than singles matches for precisely that reason. Indeed, they are the sort of match that guys like Edge often win. I would say that spells bad news for Misawa, the biggest name in the match. Steve Austin is therefore in his element. The way Edge operates is often by taking advantage of someone from behind, and I imagine he will eliminate Misawa from the decision in that manner before being split by Stone Cold.

That being said, I've always tried to keep it kayfabe, and Misawa has the most in his arsenal, so I'm going to vote for him. Because of the way triple threats often go though, I don't think either option is the wrong one.

WrestleZone Tournament, 2015
sendpm.gif