WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlezolympics '10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who SURVIVES?
Chris Jericho (CAN) 20 33.90%
Bret Hart (CAN) 25 42.37%
Chris Benoit (CAN) 16 27.12%
Edge (CAN) 17 28.81%
Hulk Hogan (USA) 26 44.07%
Kurt Angle (USA) 9 15.25%
Shawn Michaels (USA) 9 15.25%
Steve Austin (USA) 18 30.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Don't thank me; I've done nothing
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

I hate to be in any way critical of how things are run for the WZO as IC has done a great job but I think that how the Survivor Series matches have been tabulated is incorrect.

More people have thought that Hulk Hogan would survive than any member of team Canada, therefore should Hogan not be declared Sole Survivor giving the victory to Team USA?
Old 02-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

The results are under review. I do, however, encourage people to read my OP and see if they feel I was clear about how the results would be tabulated. But valid points have been made all around.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Future Endeavored

TheThirdHebner is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC25 View Post
This is a second round 4-on-4 Survivor Series Match in the 2010 Wrestlezolympics. This match follows traditional Survivor Series rules. Once one team has eliminated all 4 men on the opposing team via pinfall, submission, count-out, or DQ, the match ends, and the surviving team advances.

The match will open for discussion on Friday, February 12th, and voting will begin on Saturday, February 13th. This is a non-spam thread, so if you decide to post, you must provide reasons why you are backing a particular wrestler. You may vote without posting.

To make discussion interesting, please take the time to explain who wins / loses falls and who the surviving wrestlers will be.

WHEN VOTING, YOU MAY ONLY VOTE FOR MEMBERS OF ONE TEAM OR THE OTHER. ONLY VOTE FOR THOSE WRESTLERS YOU FEEL WILL SURVIVE AND BE STANDING AT THE END OF THE MATCH!!!
I assume "OP" means Opening Post or Original Post? This is the opening post in this thread, minus the pictures.

Looking at this, I don't see anywhere where it says that the total votes determine the winner, just that you should only vote for those wrestlers you feel will survive and be standing at the end of the match.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:33 PM
.you.lose.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote from OP:

WHEN VOTING, YOU MAY ONLY VOTE FOR MEMBERS OF ONE TEAM OR THE OTHER. ONLY VOTE FOR THOSE WRESTLERS YOU FEEL WILL SURVIVE AND BE STANDING AT THE END OF THE MATCH!!!

I believe this is what influenced many supporting USA, including myself, to vote strictly for Hogan or for Austin/Hogan. Realistically, if you support a sole survivor and the opponents support the entire opposing team, you will only gain 1 vote to their 4, and cannot possibly win the match.

EDIT: I am in agreement with ThirdHebner here, as I was not given any impression that the TEAM with the most votes would get the win. I also checked the match rules thread, and could not find that stated there either.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Deadly Rap Cannibal
King of the Ring

Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC25 View Post
The results are under review. I do, however, encourage people to read my OP and see if they feel I was clear about how the results would be tabulated. But valid points have been made all around.
If you read the post you were clear, but there were a lot of people who probably didn't bother to read it or forgot about it. It also seems like there were a lot of posters who wanted a certain country to win so they voted for all 4 guys to survive in order to give them more total votes. It happened for all of the countries, but it happened the most with team Canada. I counted about 11 different posters who voted for every member of Team Canada to win and only 4 posters who voted for every member of Team USA.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Don't thank me; I've done nothing
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
If you read the post you were clear, but there were a lot of people who probably didn't bother to read it or forgot about it. It also seems like there were a lot of posters who wanted a certain country to win so they voted for all 4 guys to survive in order to give them more total votes. It happened for all of the countries, but it happened the most with team Canada. I counted about 11 different posters who voted for every member of Team Canada to win and only 4 posters who voted for every member of Team USA.
To me for someone to think that all members of Team Canada would survive against a team with HBK, Angle, Austin and Hogan smacks of unrealistic "homer" voting.

Even with that an American still received the most votes.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:18 PM

cartman is looking to come up from OCW...

I would have to say team Canada because they have 3 people that are strong submission guy's that would wear team USA out,along with the ultimate opportunist Edge who could pin a guy that's 10 times better than him out of nowhere. Yes team USA has the star power but along with that comes the big ego's. And there tag team accomplishment's were not the best unlike Jericho,Edge,and Hart.

I see the match starting with Benoit and Angle starting out having a submission clinic going on for about ten minutes without a tag finally angle get's a tight ankle lock on looking like he's gonna tap out Benoit screaming in pain tag Edge in for the spear and Kurt is gone.

Shawn Michaels come in with Edge for a good back and forth Edge tags in Jericho they go back and forth for a while Jericho looks like he's getting the upper hand and tries the lionsault, Michaels rolls away in time,and Jericho lands on his feet Shawn does Sweet chin music for the 123.

Benoit comes in full of steam get's the the Crippler Crossface on but Shawn does a quick roll up and Benoit is out of there.

Bret comes in to get Michaels, Michaels being so worn down tries to do a running closeline and misses.Hart does a body slam into the Sharpshooter and Shawn taps.

Bret tags Edge in, it's Hogan vs Edge hogan is taking Edge to the cleaners. Bret being great at tag matches does a surprise tag with Edge,Hogan not knowing that does the atomic leg drop on Edge but Hart comes in and does the Sharp Shooter and passes out after a minute.

Austin is the last member of team USA he is going against Bret.It's pretty back and forth until Austin get's a stunner out of nowhere Stone cold goes for a pin and it's a 123. Austin gloating on his knee's for a second thinking about what he had just done forgetting about Edge for a second.Edge realizes this and does a monster spear for the 123.

It's over and the sole survivor is the ultimate opportunist Edge.
sendpm.gif