WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > Wrestling Spam Zone
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-21-2017, 02:45 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Too many gimmick matches?

Does anyone else feel like WWE is having way too many gimmick matches recently?

GBoF had 2 and Battleground has 2 gimmick matches. Not to mention that almost every week RAW/SD/205 also has gimmick matches.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 03:37 PM

Vageena Hertz is looking to come up from OCW...Vageena Hertz is looking to come up from OCW...Vageena Hertz is looking to come up from OCW...

Not enough I'd say.

Have every match every week be a gimmick match.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:35 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Too many matches period. How much televised/internet WWE wrestling is there a month now? About 32 hours on average I would guess. Has kb's head exploded yet?
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 07-21-2017, 04:40 PM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Not when it's Jinder Mahal vs Randy Orton part 3. It needs a gimmick match now because the first two were nearly identical. I can only guess Mahal vs Orton part 4 will be fought in a cargo plane and the first to parachute to the ground is the winner.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:29 PM
PM me your cat's farts.
WWE Diva's Champion

BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
Not when it's Jinder Mahal vs Randy Orton part 3. It needs a gimmick match now because the first two were nearly identical. I can only guess Mahal vs Orton part 4 will be fought in a cargo plane and the first to parachute to the ground is the winner.
That's a gimmick match I could get behind.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:42 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Just the opposite, I'd be open to them doing even more than they do now. Between Raw, Smackdown, NXT, and 205 Live there's 7 hours of weekly content. Every other week or so you can throw in an additional 3 more for the PPV's. If there was less gimmick matches the standard matches would seem even more stale.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:23 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
If there was less gimmick matches the standard matches would seem even more stale.
Well, I feel the other way about this. I think having gimmick matches (especially on TV) almost every week waters down the gimmick match.

Look at Ladder (including TLC and MiTB) matches. There are close to 10-15 of these a year and subsequently, the gimmick has lost some of the charm.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:36 AM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD619 View Post
Well, I feel the other way about this. I think having gimmick matches (especially on TV) almost every week waters down the gimmick match.

Look at Ladder (including TLC and MiTB) matches. There are close to 10-15 of these a year and subsequently, the gimmick has lost some of the charm.
I see where you're coming from. I personally liked those matches. I think it's better to have more gimmick matches, though I certainly do think it would be a problem if there became too many of them. Look at hardcore matches. Awesome if there's only some. It gets old if there's nothing BUT hardcore. Same would go for most other gimmick match types. Except for tag team triple threats, those are terrible no matter what.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.