WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > "Best Two Series"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...
Default Best Two - The Undertaker

The Deadman, our fourth participant in the "Best Every Two" series, has had many different personas - from the personification of evil, to the ministry of darkness, to the American Bad Ass, back to the deadman. He's literally fought everyone - including himself at Summerslam 1994. He's feuded with almost every big man in history, and gotten good matches from them.

The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels, Badd Blood

Not the Undertaker's most memorable HIAC match, and he didn't even win it, but this match was terrific. A lot of action, both men sold like champs, and the finish involved the debut of Taker's brother Kane, which launched another all-time character, and led to some great moments in its own right.

The Undertaker vs Jeff Hardy, Monday Night Raw

I know, I know. I am picking an upset here. Between his matches with Hogan, Batista at Wrestlemania 23, and so many others, I went with a match on Raw. But this was a ladder match for the WWF Championship, with Taker in the heel persona, and Hardy as the uber-dog. Taker sold for Hardy like nobody has sold for anyone, ever. I was standing, thinking Hardy might actually take the belt from Taker. And then the very end, where Taker looks quizzically at Hardy before raising his hand in respect - Hardy should call Taker and thank him every day for the run he got that night. What a classic.

What's your take? Taker vs Foley? Taker vs Orton? Or the Taker vs Rock vs Angle Vengeance triple threat? I'd love to see what people pick for this one!
sendpm.gif
Old 01-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
TNA Champion

Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via AIM to Little Jerry Lawler Send a message via MSN to Little Jerry Lawler

I got two different ones...

Undertaker v. Rock v. Kurt Angle- Vengeance 2002

Best match I've ever seen. All three performed greatly thoroughout the match and I loved it when Taker did the Angle Slam, Angle did the Rock Bottom, and Rock did the Ankle Lock. The crowd was intense during this match and it involved plenty of close pinfalls. I would like to have seen Undertaker retain so I could see him face Lesnar even though they would fight at Unforgiven, but the Rock retaining was okay.

Undertaker v. Kurt Angle- No Way Out 2006
This was one of the most underrated pay-per view matches in WWE history. Undertaker showed that at his age, he can still put on a damn good match and Angle showed why he's one of the best ever. I knew that Kurt Angle was going to win but I would have lost it if he made Undertaker submit. He looked close to tapping out three or four times. I loved the ending and Taker telling Angle he wasn't through with him yet. They had another great match on Smackdown but Mark Henry ruined it which lead to Taker v. Henry at WM 22.

P.S. I loved it when Michael Cole said Kurt Angle has never submitted when he did to Brock Lesnar in their Iron Man match.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:49 PM
I Am The One Who Knocks
WCW TV Champion

Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Monkey_Mania

The Undertaker Vs. Triple H - Street Fight - Wrestlemania 17

Gosh motherfucking damnit. Was this match awesome or what. In my opinion it was better than the main event of that show. This almost made my list for the Triple H thread. Amazing back and forth action in this one. A match where I thought Taker was really was going to lose. Especially when he lifted Trips up for the Last Ride, and then slammed him with the sledgehammer. Only to have the Undertaker kick out at the last minute. Fantastic match.

Now for the one thats going to get me a lot of flack.

Undertaker vs. Underfaker - Summerslam 1994

Looking back. This match is atrocious. But as a 7 year old kid. This match was off the charts. Back then Taker was one of my favorites. Then all of a sudden he is fighting himself? Im very intrigued. Then in the end when the real Undertaker beat the fake I screamed so loud my mom took me to the hospital. It may not be the best match, but it is very memorable especially from a mark standpoint.

sendpm.gif
Old 01-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Beep Bop Boop
ROH Pure Champion

Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...Thriller Ant is being held back by Triple H...

I have to agree with IC25 about the ladder match with Jeff Hardy. I've watched it tons of times on youtube, and it never gets old. There were so many times where you actually thought that Jeff Hardy was actually going to become the undisputed champion. Taker took some good shots with the ladder and a chair, and actually had a Last Ride reversed. I am a huge Jeff Hardy fan, and I know that he would not even be close to where he is now without this match.

For the other match, I know a lot of people will criticize, but it must be said: Hell in a Cell vs Mankind at King of the Ring 1998. It was one of the first showings of the Cell, which has been home to many a great match since then Plus, Is there any doubt that Foley being thrown off the top of the Cell into the announce table is one of the top 5 most iconic moments in the history of WWE? Add in the accidental spot of Foley being put through the roof of Hell in a Cell with a chokeslam, and you have one of the most memorable matches of the last decade.

EDIT: Thanks IC, mistake fixed.

Last edited by Thriller Ant : 01-24-2009 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Mistake
sendpm.gif
Old 01-23-2009, 11:50 PM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

LTH4L, thanks for the agreement on the ladder match. Such a classic. But remember, the Taker / Foley match was not the first HIAC match, the one vs Michaels at Badd Blood was.

I'll never give anyone flack for voting for Taker vs Foley. That match was sick, even if it was for only two spots. It reminded us that Taker had a ridiculous killer instinct, and that Foley has to be actually legally dead to stop going in a match.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-24-2009, 12:15 AM
Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
ROH Pure Champion

Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...

The Undertaker vs Bret Hart - SummerSlam 1997

One of Hart's last great matches in the WWF, thanks in no small part to the Undertaker being spot on as well. One of the best matches I've ever seen from either of these men, although I did have to pick between this and the One Night Only encounter - ultimately, I went with SummerSlam for HBK being Special Guest Referee, adding to the unpredictability and entertainment level of the match, and also for the match happening in a bigger environment. Great effort from both parties, and one of my all time 'Taker and Hart favorites. Despite 'Taker being on the losing end here, it was still an excellent match for him.

Hell in a Cell - Undertaker vs Mankind - King of the Ring 1998

Yeah, I had to. There's no denying this is easily among the most famous matches of all time. The match is just etched into the mind of anyone who sees it. Everyone comes out looking amazing here - Foley looks like the toughest son of a bitch in the world, and Undertaker looks like the biggest badass in the WWF, even moreso than he was before. A great match to watch, a history making bout, solidified Hell in a Cell as King of Gimmick Matches, and brought Mick Foley's popularity to new heights. Excellent match, one of 'Taker's best, and one of history's most famous.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Undisputed WWE Champion

NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...

Undertaker v. Mankind - Boiler Room Brawl

It may not have been his most technically sound match, but I loved it. Mankind and him worked very well off of each other, and it was an entirely new thing to fight in the Boiler Room.

Undertaker v. Stone Cold - The night Owen died

Again, not necessarily a great match, but considering the events surrounding the match and show, they did a hell of a job. Every fan knew what had happened, and yet most of us were in awe of the match, mostly because of what it must have taken to still go out there and put on a show.

CREDIT: DAVE
sendpm.gif
Old 01-24-2009, 12:28 AM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

Wow, really guys?? Well, maybe I can attain the elusive Sam rep with this one...

Undertaker Vs Kurt Angle, NWO 2006

This match was fucking SICK. Near falls, brawling, high impact moves, numerous near falls, and happened during a time when Taker seemed truly invincible, but Angle has JUST recently won the title. Something had to give. and it was mostly Bones. Just an amazing clinic by both, if you have never seen it, find it.

Undertaker Vs Randy Orton, WM 21

YEA I SAID IT. I loved this match to bits. Great near falls, EPIC fucking entrance by Taker, and the only time anyone has felt the streak was TRULY in danger. Sick reversals of finishing moves, and the catalyst of Orton becoming what he is now. Great match.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:35 AM
I Am The One Who Knocks
WCW TV Champion

Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Monkey_Mania

See NorCal. I would have to disagree with you on one point you made. You said Randy Orton was the only legitimate claim to Taker's streak. I disagree with you on that. Not the match itself as it was fantastic. I think out of all his Wrestlemania matches the one with Trips which I posted on earlier was the one where he was in most danger of losing. The only reason people dont say this. Is because the streak was not made known until one year later. When he faced Ric Flair. Then afterwards everyone was saying about the streak and who would end it. Trips in my opinion was the closest, too bad nobody said anything about the streak back then.

But all in all good choices are being made by all on their choice of Taker matches.

sendpm.gif
Old 01-24-2009, 01:28 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I so want to choose that ladder match with Jeff Hardy as one of my top two, but it has to fall to a close third...

1) Taker vs Foley, HIAC What can I say about this match that hasn't already been said? Oh, I know, how about the fact that these two delivered one of the most talked about matches of all times, and Taker was up there on top of that cell with a broken freaking foot!!! I tend to forget that sometimes when watching the match, but Taker's foot was broken at the time, which is why it took him so long to climb the cell in the first place. Just an amazing display of professionalism that boh men displayed in delivering this classic.

2) Undertaker vs Kane, WM20 I might get some flak for this one, because the match itself was, for the most part, pure crap. But the reason that this makes my list is because of how much I marked out when the lights went out, the bell rang, and those druids started filing down the ramp. This was the first match where Taker returned as the deadman after spending a couple of years as the American Badass. I was never really a fan of the biker-Taker, although I imagine that it was a lot closer to the truth for Mark Callaway. Of course I knew that he was going back to his roots, but I still got chills watching his entrance for that match, and it is actually one of my top 5 or 6 all-time Wrestlemania moments.
sendpm.gif