WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > "Best Two Series"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-12-2009, 09:12 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Marquis is getting phone calls from TNA...Marquis is getting phone calls from TNA...Marquis is getting phone calls from TNA...Marquis is getting phone calls from TNA...Marquis is getting phone calls from TNA...Marquis is getting phone calls from TNA...Marquis is getting phone calls from TNA...Marquis is getting phone calls from TNA...Marquis is getting phone calls from TNA...Marquis is getting phone calls from TNA...Marquis is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via MSN to Marquis

Bret Hart vs The British Bulldog- In Your House 5

I had hard time choosing between this match and their match at summerslam. Both of the matches are classics, and while usually i tend to lean towards clean single matches(I.E no managers). In the end i decided to go with their match at IYH. Reason being i felt the pace of the match was better and moves were executed more smoothly. Great match from two of my all time favorites.

Bret Hart vs Owen hart- Wrestlemainia X

This was an easy one for me. As soon as i saw this thread this is the first match that came to my mind. I loved the build up to it, the whole Owen wanting to step out of his brothers shadow. The match itself was easily in my opinion Hart's greatest match. From when the ball rang to the end, the match kept me glued to my screen. Back and forth display of some of the greatest technical wrestling from both men, and a rather unpredictable pin from Owen, is why i easily had no problem choosing this match for Hart's best Two.

Last edited by Marquis : 02-12-2009 at 09:44 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-15-2009, 06:55 AM
Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Undisputed WWE Champion

NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...

The first match I'll list is Bret v. Owen at Wrestlemania X. It definitely Bret's best match of the night (yes, better than winning the title), and was a huge jumpstart to the rest of Owen's career. Experiencing the match live is a memory I'll never forget. For an opening match, the crowd was loud, and going crazy. Everyone wanted Bret to win, but respected Owen by the end, and had no problem showing it.

I'm also going to list his match with Stone Cold Steve Austin at WM XIII. I've only seen the match through replays and the internet, but I always get pumped watching it, and the ending is an everlasting image, that everyone remembers. Seeing Austin's "crimson mask" was incredible, and always gets a slight grimace from me when I see it. The Sharpshooter is one of my favorite moves ever, and this match showed off the sheer greatness of the move.

CREDIT: DAVE
sendpm.gif
Old 02-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Future Endeavored

Age of Orton is looking to come up from OCW...

After reading the posts here I see a lot of Bret/Austin - Mania 13 but I don't think that was they're best match.. it's just that match changed the story from top to bottom.. but back at Survivor Series 1996 they had a match promoted as Bret Harts return and that match wrestling wise put Austin out there, it was all over the place, fast paced in general a brutal match but not many people seem to remember it.

Also Bret Hart Vs Owen Hart - Summerslam 94..
Old 02-21-2009, 01:11 PM

WillYouStopIt! is looking to come up from OCW...

Great choices from the previous posters. Seeing that all of the more popular matches have already been listed, I'll go ahead and choose two matches of Hart's that aren't mentioned too often.

Bret Hart vs 123 Kid - Raw 7/11/94 - I don't know about you guys, but this match caught me completely off guard back when I first watched it. At first I expected both men to have a good match, one you'd expect to see on a Monday Night Raw. By the end of it I was so caught up in the action, that I was begging for both wrestlers to kick out so that the match could continue. You had Bret Hart, the World Champion, the face of the WWF, going up against a young rookie in 123 kid. Nobody in their right mind would give the kid a chance in a match like this, but then the match began and he just threw everything he had at the Hitman. Both men just performed so well in the match. You had 123 Kid showcasing his aerial ability as well as his martial arts maneuvers, while the Hitman used his arsenal of perfectly executed moves. Besides that, Bret Hart was giving the kid some of the hardest European uppercuts I've ever seen, only to be countered with the kid delivering some tremendous martial arts kicks to the Hitman. Just an incredible match with two very talented performers.

Hart Foundation vs The Rockers - MSG 11/25/89 - Another match that blew me away unexpectedly. I hope this is the right match, because the dates for these MSG shows are sometimes confusing. I chose this match because both teams showcased everything that made them so great. The crowd in this one was also really great. Both teams from what I remember were faces so the crowd was divided, with the Hart Foundation getting a little more of the support of the fans. The match itself was a back and forth battle where each of the four men really showed off their particular strengths. Both Marty and Shawn did their high-flying moves, along with their synchronized attacks, most notably the double super kick. Just great stuff. The hart foundation on the other hand brought their great teamwork and perfect execution to the match. They performed all of their great team moves, including the one where bret catapults Jim using the top rope onto the opponent. Bret would wear down Michaels or marty and then when he was in trouble, tagged in The Anvil who would just bulldoze his way through the smaller rockers. Holy Hell, this match was great. If I remember correctly, Jim Neidhart gave one of the greatest shoulder blocks I've ever seen to Michaels. Michaels just exploded off of him. This match is a perfect example of how great the Hart Foundation was as a tag team, but more importantly, how great the tag team division of the 1980s was.
sendpm.gif