WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > "Best Two Series"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-24-2009, 03:56 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Skillz scored a win over Santino Marella...Skillz scored a win over Santino Marella...Skillz scored a win over Santino Marella...Skillz scored a win over Santino Marella...Skillz scored a win over Santino Marella...Skillz scored a win over Santino Marella...Skillz scored a win over Santino Marella...Skillz scored a win over Santino Marella...Skillz scored a win over Santino Marella...Skillz scored a win over Santino Marella...Skillz scored a win over Santino Marella...

Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels, Hell In A Cell, Badd Blood 1997

Sick, sick match. Wicked match from start to finish. Great psychology, and great timing of spots. Some of the best selling I've ever seen by HBK, and great offense by Taker. One of the best chair shots ever on HBK at the end of the match, and an incredible debut by Kane.

Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar, Hell In A Cell, No Mercy 2002

What a classic match this is. 2002 had many great matches, and this one was one of the best matches of the year. Taker put Lesnar over on a next level in this match. This was just a bloody, vicious, brutal war that told an amazing story. Easily the second best HIAC match in history.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Master of the Aussie kiss
WCW TV Champion

Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via MSN to Sparky

1) Like many people is The original HIAC with HBK. This match is one of the best in both mens Career. its not like some things where people think it is good simply becouse it was the first one. People think it was Awesome becouse it was. Every time i see that match I am in sudden Awe and i Long for a rematch between those two. I have a complete mind blank at this hour of the night, So i am just going to go with, my favourite of the Biker Taker...

The ladder match against Jeff Hardy. Never before had I seen The undertaker in a match like that. It was a great backwards and forwards match that made me stop and think that the undertaker is indead THE MAN. and the same as IC25 said, for a minute ther i actually thought Jeff had it. Also after the match was brialliant, it don't always happen after a match like that. I wasnt expecting anything like that to happen.

I will add the second proper one later on.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-01-2009, 05:07 PM
MCMG: 1-696-696-6969
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

2012isbs is looking to come up from OCW...2012isbs is looking to come up from OCW...2012isbs is looking to come up from OCW...2012isbs is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to 2012isbs

Brock Lesnar in HIAC
I agree with Asterick that this match was great I loved it when taker grabbed Heyman's tie and used it to pull his face in to the cell wall. Lesnar hanging of the rafters of the cell to kick him was awesome. It showed how Taker could and would sell. The finish was awesome Lesnar is about to be tombstoned he flips over it looks like he's gonna Tombstone tkaer then he flips him in a backbreaker hold, he proceeds to throw him to a fireman's carry and BOOM F-5 1..2..3 Lesnar wins. Taker showed he would put people over when he was big in his house the Cell.

Big Show Casket match Survivor Series 2008
The match itself was okay it went back and firth had an awesome choke slam by Taker to Big Show. Big Show showed he could win if he wasn't afraid of caskets. For the first time a casket was destoyed during the match. The action spilled in to entrance ramp then the druids came and brought a new csket for the match Taker then set it up and Irish whipped BIg Show in to casket the door shut an dit was over. I loved this match because it was gimick match which I totally mark out for and It was an awesome finish. I know the casket match will give me red rep but who cares.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Throwing a tantrum
King of the Ring

Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...

Undertaker vs Edge
Wrestlemania 24

Although it isn't the best match probably, it was the best match of Wrestlemania and the best match of Undertaker's streak in my opinion. It was a great match with a lot of hype, a lot of intensity and a lot of great spots in the match. It was a great pace, for both Edge and Taker. The match was full of close finishes and although it was obvious that Taker was going over, sometimes Edge was causing the fans to think otherwise.

Ugh, I am so uncreative, but I have to go with Jeff Hardy's match as well. It was one of the best ladder matches involving a non ladder match like wrestler ever. Because of this match, Jeff was given such credibility, that itself is important. Just like Edge ws fooling the fans, Jeff fooled us all into making us think he was going to win.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:30 AM
The Legend Killer himself
Knockout Champion

TwistofRKO is looking to come up from OCW...TwistofRKO is looking to come up from OCW...TwistofRKO is looking to come up from OCW...TwistofRKO is looking to come up from OCW...TwistofRKO is looking to come up from OCW...

I'll get hounded but:

1998 Unforgiven- Kane vs Undertaker- Inferno Match. I was very young at the heights of their rivalry, but to me, this got me into wrestling. Everyone thinks this is a stupid gimmick match, but even watching on Youtube, right now, I still like it. My favorite rivalry of all time, personally.

Undertaker vs Mick Foley- KoTR 1998- Can't add too much else. Extremely well worked, lots of action.

I would put up the Hardy vs Taker, but I refuse to acknowledge anything from that terrible biker gimmick.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Resident Hip Hop Junkie
Knockout Champion

Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to Pimpin Send a message via MSN to Pimpin Send a message via Yahoo to Pimpin

vs HBK in HIAC This match was the first ever hell in a cell match. It's success led to many more hell in a cell matches. In my opinion this is Taker's 2nd best HIAC matches & it also was the perfect time for Kane to make his WWE debut.

vs Jeff Hardy ladder match on RAW in 2002 This match to me never gets old. It looked like Jeff would win. Taker took some pretty good weapon shots himself. He even had a Last Ride reversed. In my opinion this match proved that Jef Hardy could hang with the main event players & showed his potential to be a great main event player if given the chance.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Tell me what's on ur so called mind
Million Dollar Champion

The Mark of Zur-En-Arrh worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Mark of Zur-En-Arrh worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Mark of Zur-En-Arrh worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Mark of Zur-En-Arrh worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Mark of Zur-En-Arrh worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Mark of Zur-En-Arrh worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Mark of Zur-En-Arrh worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Mark of Zur-En-Arrh worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Mark of Zur-En-Arrh worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Mark of Zur-En-Arrh worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Mark of Zur-En-Arrh worked a dark match on ECW recently...

vs Bret Hart Summerslam 96 WWF title

A face Taker vs a heel Hitman with HBK as the ref. A very good, back and forth match that showed off both mens full range of abilities, with a typical ending featuring HBK and Bret antagonising each other, resulting in Taker dropping the title in typical screwjob fashion, and of course was the catalyst for the build to the HIAc match.

They had a similar match in the UK i believe not long after, but without HBK so it wasn't as good imo.

vs Batista at WM23 for the WHC

One of my favourite title matches ever. Started off all guns blazing, with the Deadman actually trying to defend himself and recover from the Animal's onslaught in the early stages, even being caught in a Spinebuster during Old School, and being Powerslammed through the announce table, but in the end, the streak lived on as the Deadman survived the Batista Bomb, and put the Animal to rest with a devastating Tombstone Piledriver.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:08 PM
WZCW's Living Legend
X-Division Champion

Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...

First one is a repeat:

Taker v. Mankind - King of the Ring 98 - Hell in a Cell

Why I think this is one of Taker's finest outings is because of the level of professionalism that Taker displayed. Not ONCE did Taker break kayfabe during the match, even after he very well thought he killed Mick Foley. The fact that Taker did not lose his composure or climb down off the cell to check out Mick to me shows how much respect he has for the business and the craft to which he participates.

Taker v. Edge - Summerslam 2008 - Hell in a Cell

I might get some flack for this, but I truly love this match. It helps that I was present during the match, and I could feel the energy in the arena. But even watching it on the SS dvd, I can still appreciate this match for it's logistics. Over the last several HIAC matches, the aura around the cell has dwindled as the matches have been lacking that "thing" that makes us love HIAC so much. But this match was able to rekindle that "thing." It was like a TLC HIAC match, with all three coming into play during the match. HIAC matches can become boring because there is only so much someone can do with the cell as a weapon. But by bringing these other elements into the match, it was just extraordinary and very entertaining.

Also, when Taker send Edge to "Hell" and lit the ring on fire, people were going nuts. I was one of them. I could smell the mat burning and it was just a spectacle like I'd never seen. Truly a gem.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:32 AM
Future Endeavored

matty256 is a member of the JOB SQUAD

vs Ric Flair-Wrestlemania 18
I wasn't expecting much out of this match because i didnt think Flair could still go but he proved me and wrong and suprised me which is why imo this match was the best on the card. YES even better then the somewhat overrated Hogan Rock match. There were a few good spots in this match including Taker superplexing Flair all the way off the top rope which looked like one of the most painful superplexes i've seen espeically with Flair and his back problems. I also enjoyed The Arn Anderson run in with him hitting a spinebuster on Taker. I can remember thinking Flair was going to win cause back then they really never metioned Taker being undeafted at Mania or at least not much as they do today. But i was wrong Taker won via Tombstone in an all time great match.

vs Shawn Micheals-Wrestlemania 25
Everyone knew this was going to be an awesome match and that is was.This match had so many great moments. I was alittle scared for Undertaker when he dived over the top rope and hit the camera man ( Sim Snuka) and it looked like he landed awkard on his head but Taker got up and these 2 continued their epic match.The only question i have though is if Bam Bam Bigelow and some not that well known footballer player can headline Wrestlemania 11 then why cant these 2 legends who have helped make Wrestlemania what is today headline the 25th anniversary of the event which happened to be in their homestate instead of the lackluster HHH Orton match