WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-01-2015, 10:59 AM

Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...

All they have to do post-Mania is give Axel a microphone and have him say the movement is not over. "AXELMANIACS, WE HAVE 364 DAYS TO MAKE AXLEMANIA RUN WILD" or something to that effect. Keeping it over (if it is in fact over) would not be difficult just because WrestleMania season has passed.

Curtis Axel can be a very consistent mid card act, adding depth which is sorely needed.

The question is always the same. Does WWE care enough about Curtis Axel to give him consistent TV time?

The son of Curt Hennig has been part of a failed faction, been a Paul Heyman Guy, and been thrown in a make-shift tag team. AxelMania may be his last opportunity to make people care. Here's hoping he makes the most of it.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-01-2015, 12:41 PM
I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Million Dollar Champion

Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sally View Post
It's so hard to say whether something big is being planned for Curtis Axel's benefit. Sure, he's currently getting some mileage out of the "I was never eliminated at the Rumble" schtick, yet, not only can I not see what Creative would plan to grow from this.....I can't imagine why they'd want to.

To me, Curtis Axel is a career midcarder, designated to be a supporting player for the rest of his career, never a top singles act.
If management can find something that proves me wrong, I'd love to see it.

In the meantime, as long as all his bragging, posturing and pointing to the WM31 banner in the arena continues......yet he keeps on getting crushed in the actual matches.....I would think the company is just giving him some air time in reward for being a good soldier backstage.
If they can find a way to keep using this gimmick(the clock on the Tron is a nice touch, and screwing him out of the Battle Royal at Mania would be a great touch too), and people are generally entertained by the absurdity of it, and it can give Axel some relevance as a midcarder that people actually get some enjoyment out of, then isn't that at least something positive?

#AxelMania doesn't have to make Axel a credible threat to anybody who has a solid standing on the card, but with all of the midcarders who are "just there"(something that Axel has been for the most part), its nice to have some who the crowd feel an incentive to support, even if its in an ironic way.

To me, if done right, #AxelMania has the potential to do for Axel what the "Mizdow" gimmick has done for Damien Sandow. Axel isn't as good as Mizdow on the mic, but he is good enough to make this work, and he's also ten times the in-ring performer that Mizdow is, so that's a nice bonus.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:53 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Pillman View Post
If they can find a way to keep using this gimmick(the clock on the Tron is a nice touch, and screwing him out of the Battle Royal at Mania would be a great touch too), and people are generally entertained by the absurdity of it, and it can give Axel some relevance as a midcarder that people actually get some enjoyment out of, then isn't that at least something positive?

#AxelMania doesn't have to make Axel a credible threat to anybody who has a solid standing on the card, but with all of the midcarders who are "just there"(something that Axel has been for the most part), its nice to have some who the crowd feel an incentive to support, even if its in an ironic way.

To me, if done right, #AxelMania has the potential to do for Axel what the "Mizdow" gimmick has done for Damien Sandow. Axel isn't as good as Mizdow on the mic, but he is good enough to make this work, and he's also ten times the in-ring performer that Mizdow is, so that's a nice bonus.
Thank you, you said it better than I could. Your point is the one I was going for.

Axel will never be main event and he will probably never be an upper mid carder, let's face it he is boring, good in the ring, but nothing else going for him. One hashtag has changed that.

This is if you think about it, a ridiculous gimmick, but it's working. The fans are getting it and they love it. Best of all it's making them care about Axel where they didn't before. The WWE isn't using another wrestler to get him over, they're not pulling out all the stops.

Maybe this is a sign for the WWE that we don't need complicated gimmicks and storylines, we don't need all the bells and whistles. Give us simplicity and something to entertain us without having to think too much about it. That's what makes wrestling enjoyable for me when I don't have to think.

Last edited by Navi : 03-01-2015 at 12:55 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-01-2015, 01:12 PM

King502 is looking to come up from OCW...

Axelmania is great the clock is great (if he could read it write) I feel this will go over huge
sendpm.gif
Old 03-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Knockout Champion

MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...

I can see him getting a small push leading into wrestlemania, where Axel will come down to the ring and demand a match. only for somebody like Austin the come out and drop him with a stunner or a returning Superstar like Sheamus will hit the ring and Squash Axle in no time at all and i'm afraid thats all I can see happening with this angle.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:19 PM

MrTDG is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Pillman View Post

This is kind of along the lines of what I was thinking. I thought the clock was hilarious. I am also hoping that he is a key player in the Andre the Giant battle royal. I'm not a fan of battle royals, but when done correctly, they can set up a feud. Bret Hart's face turn at WrestleMania IV, Power and Glory eliminating the Legion of Doom in the tag team battle royal before Wrestle Man VII, etc.

Either that, or he screws a budding baby face out of the victory and proclaims himself the King of the Battle Royal, coupled with a gimmick involving his ability to toss any man over the top rope. It's little simple things that can be done to get mid-card talent over and there is nothing wrong with being a perennial mid-carder if you are entertaining in that spot.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-01-2015, 08:59 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

While it won't get him a World Championship anytime soon, the whole Axelmania thing is hilarious. Unlike when he was a boring interchangeable underling for Barrett in the original Nexus, or when he tried to get over by constant mentioning of his dad's legend status, or the failed attempt at using Heyman to get him over, and I won't even start on Rybaxel. By a landslide this is the most entertaining he's ever been. Him ranting each week about how he thinks he is still in the Royal Rumble makes me laugh each time. If they do something similar to him at Wrestlemania he could (kayfabe) think he is in the Andre Battle Royal all summer until he ultimately gets into a Summerslam match or something. He's likely to enter a role similar to Santino or Slater at this point, but at least he's found something to do that's entertaining for once.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Marry me Billie Kay!!!
WWE Diva's Champion

#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...

If it works as an entertaining mid-card act then go with it. Miz and Mizdow wasn't supposed to last this long but due to their dedication they have made their segments into the entertaining parts of the show.

WWE needs more acts like Axelmania and Miz and Mizdow. Segments produced for the middle of the show for some quick entertainment. I know I would prefer it over recap #48 of what happened at the start of the show.

sendpm.gif
Old 03-01-2015, 10:55 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene's Disaster View Post
If it works as an entertaining mid-card act then go with it. Miz and Mizdow wasn't supposed to last this long but due to their dedication they have made their segments into the entertaining parts of the show.

WWE needs more acts like Axelmania and Miz and Mizdow. Segments produced for the middle of the show for some quick entertainment. I know I would prefer it over recap #48 of what happened at the start of the show.
Well this is another thing I forgot. How many times have we bitched and complained about how dead the crowds are, especially for the middle of the card. With silly gimmicks like this, it gets the fans going, which helps the wrestlers and the whole atmosphere of the show changes for the better.

I've watched RAW and see the top tier guys get their pops at the beginning and the end, but the middle is where it starts to drag and people start to tune out. We see them come alive for Mizdow, and now their coming alive for Axel. Anytime you see the fans having a good time with what's happening then you know you've done something right. All I know is I totally enjoyed his match last night because of the crowd and how he reacted to them. It made him seem human for a change.

Never did I say he would be able to climb the ladder with this gimmick, but it's a hell of a lot better than what's he's done in the past. It's just plain fun and that's what wrestling should be fun.

Last edited by Navi : 03-01-2015 at 10:57 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-05-2015, 08:04 PM
Million Dollar Champion

MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I hope so. I like the quality of his wrestling matches and while he lacks charisma, there is something old school about his promo style- and he has improved a lot on the mic. He made that mistake a couple weeks ago, but unlike Cesaro he didn't really draw attention to it and just kept going.

Also, I kind of felt bad for Axel when Ryback bullied him for no reason. Last we saw, they were friends but now because Axel is an unpopular villain and Ryback is a popular... good guy, it really felt like Ryback was jumping on the 'put down the loser' bandwagon. I don't think 'sympathetic' was what WWE was going for when they scripted that match.

I suspect that Axel MIGHT go the same route that Sandow did. Of course, since we aren't sure where Sandow will go after breaking up with the Miz, it's unclear whether there will be a satisfying pay-off.
sendpm.gif