WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-10-2014, 01:56 PM

The Mattitude Era is looking to come up from OCW...The Mattitude Era is looking to come up from OCW...
Default #FreeRiley

From the main page: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/5333...ates-freeriley

Alex Riley wants back in the ring, especially after Vince's "brass ring" comments.
What do you guys think?

I really like Riley, and I really enjoy him on the pre-shows. But if the guy wants back in the ring, I don't see why they wouldn't give him a shot. He was pretty damn over coming out of his feud with The Miz way back in 1982 or whenever that was. Then his push got derailed (if I remember correctly, rumor has it him and Cena got into a thing). But I'd like to see him given another shot.

Last edited by The Mattitude Era : 12-10-2014 at 02:01 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

DCLXVI is looking to come up from OCW...DCLXVI is looking to come up from OCW...DCLXVI is looking to come up from OCW...DCLXVI is looking to come up from OCW...

Saw his Twitter feed a few days ago and he is all about it. Apparently him and Tyson Kidd stole the show at a recent event. Will he go over or will they find a place for him? I don't know. I do know he is actively wrestling right now and is a smart dude.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-10-2014, 07:21 PM

LuckyLouie is looking to come up from OCW...LuckyLouie is looking to come up from OCW...

I never liked him, he was generic in the ring besides his finisher. But I have not seen him wrestle for a while.
But I dont care for him so this isnt that important. But this could be cool if the younger guys are gonna try and step up.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-10-2014, 08:07 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

To be perfectly honest, I was never all that impressed with Alex Riley. Personally, I think he's better as a commentator. Riley's wrestling career peaked when he was ultimately being Miz's toady during his title run. Inside the ring, he was average. I thought he was pretty solid on the mic but, overall, he didn't show me anything particularly special. He's not bad, but he's not great. He's a passable pro wrestler all in all but there are a lot of guys on the main roster and in NXT that are just head & shoulders above Riley.

The problem with Vince's "brass ring" comment is that it ultimately came off to me as a means of trying to pass the buck on some issues with WWE from himself and onto the talent. It's no secret that Vince McMahon is THE decision maker on anything that goes on, which means he ultimately decides who gets pushed, who doesn't, how strong they're getting pushed, how much time they're given to ultimately impress him & prove that they should be pushed. Vince is the one who insists on scripted promos and, at times, restricted move sets and this sometimes leads to wrestlers who're not really able to fulfill their potential. How can you grab that "brass ring" when you may be told by the boss himself not to grab it? Vince's legendary for his mood swings, so it's little wonder that most wrestlers walk on egg shells around him as they're never gonna know what'll set him off or what kind of mood he might be in. Going up to him and telling him that you think you deserve a push and that all you want is a genuine, rock solid opportunity to prove yourself, which Vince alleges is what he ultimately wants, could wind up getting you in hot water if Vince is in a bad mood. Due in part to the mood, maybe he thinks you were using a disrespectful tone, maybe said bad mood gives him the notion that you're being disrespectful to guys who've been there & paid more dues, or whatever. Instead of getting your push, you might find yourself jobbing out to El Torrito for the next 6 months.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 12-10-2014, 08:08 PM

HurriKane is looking to come up from OCW...HurriKane is looking to come up from OCW...HurriKane is looking to come up from OCW...

Dude had the most epic theme song, I would love to see him come back, and hopefully get a nice push in the mid-card. I don't know who he'll feud with, but he could be a nice wrestler to have on the card, doesn't have to be a top guy, but could be along the lines of a Jack Swagger.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:45 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

PeterSellersSTL is looking to come up from OCW...PeterSellersSTL is looking to come up from OCW...PeterSellersSTL is looking to come up from OCW...PeterSellersSTL is looking to come up from OCW...

he had wrestlemania headliner all over him, it'll be interesting to see if he gets his wish
sendpm.gif
Old 12-10-2014, 09:25 PM

The Mattitude Era is looking to come up from OCW...The Mattitude Era is looking to come up from OCW...

Does anyone have any ideas on how you would bring back to the ring? I was thinking they could have him somehow begin feuding with a wrestler while a pre-show analyst. Maybe have him get into with Cesaro while Cesaro is a guest host or something. Or maybe have him continuously/subtly take shots at a certain wrestler to the point where that wrestler eventually shows up and says blah blah blah. This could somehow snowball into an in-ring return. I'm not suggesting Cesaro, just the first guy that popped into my head.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-10-2014, 10:44 PM

faltemer is looking to come up from OCW...faltemer is looking to come up from OCW...

I just saw him at live event vs Tyson, and saying he stole the show is a hilarious stretch. To begin with it was a fairly weak show, and he still only managed to be the fourth best match on the card. Ambrose/wyatt, goldust/stardust vs usos, and swagger/rusev were all much better. Hell his match was only slightly better the diva matches.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-11-2014, 07:55 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I have no interest in seeing Alex Riley in the ring again. He is perfect at what he does on the pre-shows, so I would keep him there.

Now Booker T on the other hand. I'm still struggling to find a reason he still has a job. He and Lawler really need to go.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-11-2014, 08:13 AM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mattitude Era View Post
But if the guy wants back in the ring, I don't see why they wouldn't give him a shot. He was pretty damn over coming out of his feud with The Miz way back in 1982 or whenever that was. Then his push got derailed (if I remember correctly, rumor has it him and Cena got into a thing).
Yeah, and I thought his getting nailed with a DUI (subsequently dismissed) at the height of his program with Miz had something to do with his derailment, although I would note in cynical fashion that, unlike other performers who are cited for this offense, the company didn't take Riley off the active roster when it happened, apparently because they wanted to finish the program first. Once the plotline ran it's course, Riley found himself buried backstage. Hypocritical, no?

Personally, I think Riley is just another Average Joe. He looks good, but so do many others. Same thing with his ring repertoire. But if he's timing the "brass ring" message from Vince McMahon to assert himself, all the power to him.

You figure it can't hurt to ask, right?.....that is, unless Vince decides to see it as a diss.

Oh well, it worked for Zack Ryder....at least for a while.
sendpm.gif