WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-23-2012, 04:25 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
I haven't really seen Alex Riley do much of anything that warrants getting a push. He was given a slight push last year during his feud with The Miz and I think it was pretty evident that Riley is someone that just wasn't ready and didn't have the ability overall.

Riley is someone that got kind of a late start in wrestling. He's been in the business in total for less than 5 years and turns 31 years old in less than a week. There are guys on the WWE roster in the same age range like Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Randy Orton, John Cena, The Miz, etc. that have been in wrestling for at least a decade or longer. They have far more experience, they've demonstrated much more in the ways of overall ability and fans have gotten behind them. Even someone that's been in wrestling roughly the same length of time, like Kofi Kingston for instance, have just simply gotten over with the fans more than Riley had.

Plus, there's also the thing about Riley getting arrested for drunk driving last year, so that's also something that's put some doubt into the WWE brass' mind about Riley.
Riley got the DUI long before his push, back when he was still with the Miz. And back then he was a practical non-entity who barely wrestled other than squash matches. He was just as much of a jobber when he was with the Miz as he is now.

Fans got behind Riley as well once he turned face. He just has this amazing charisma and he's more over than his current position in the WWE would have you believe. He might not be ready to be a world title contender, but his current talents do warrant more than what he's currently being given. He should at the very least be used the same way that guys like Zack Ryder (until the burial kicked in) and Kofi Kingston are, as a consistently appearing midcard face who jobs to main event heels in competitive efforts

Sure he got a late start, but others have started at much later ages with much success. Guys like Rico, MVP, and most notably DDP have entered the business at an advanced age with varying degrees of success.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-23-2012, 06:56 PM
xavyer
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

xavyer is looking to come up from OCW...xavyer is looking to come up from OCW...xavyer is looking to come up from OCW...

The WWE already drop the ball with a great talent like Sean o' Haire, now history is about to repeat it self in some way, Riley is good in the ring, ok, he may need more experience, but he's a guy that can only get better,and he's got the talent to make it if the WWE gives him a decent shot at it, he was geting a good push last year, but to be honest, i don't know what happened, maybe he rub Vince McMahon the wrong way or something because he went from maineventing a few RAW shows to the dog house, but if they would have continued with his push, he would probably be a big star by now, who knows, but i guess we will have to wait and see what hapens with Riley, i sure hope the guy gets an oportunity, or a good fued to start......
sendpm.gif
Old 04-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Team Finnley Baylor
ECW TV Champion

It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...

The Alex Riley thing looks to be heat generated if you ask me. Riley's reasonably over with the fans, his gimmick's not horrible, and he could have been a good contender to be United States champion.

What it also looks like is that whatever Miz touches turns to crap. Not saying Miz actually has anything to do with this de-push from Riley, but it's just a weird coincidence.

Riley could be pushed as a face once more I suppose, but it may be possible that a repackage would have to take place. Once you're buried under a certain character, it's tough to get that character back up and running like it used to be. See Zack Ryder for example.

I think it would be fine to push Riley, but I can also see why he's not being pushed. Creative has nothing for you... what are you going to do?!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Mr. Wrestling

#heel420 is looking to come up from OCW...#heel420 is looking to come up from OCW...

I've never invested in Riley he doesn't interest me. His feud with The Miz last year after Mania was mediocre at best, and he really hasn't done anything since than besides get squashed by Tensai.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:08 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlin View Post
Speaking of Riley, with what he did on RAW tonight, would that be taken as a heel move, ratting out another face or should it just be assumed he was in on it from the beginning?
I assume that he was in on it from the beginning. If they really want to push Riley, they'll have Punk retain the title and then Jericho can go "I would be WWE Champion right now if it wasn't for Alex Riley" and start a feud from there.

I really hope they push Riley as a face. Doing it as a heel would be a waste considering how over the guy is with the live crowds.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-24-2012, 01:18 PM

ramblinroy682 is looking to come up from OCW...ramblinroy682 is looking to come up from OCW...

You wanna put some instant pop with Alex Riley pair him with Zack Ryder and give them the tag belts. You could easily do some angle with Riley being the Broski of the week and showing up on Ryder's you tube show. They have similar enough looks in terms of spiked hair and personalities in terms of being cocky without any real reason for backing it up. Riley is at his best when he's playing that smug, arrogant guy. Why not, let him run with it a playful way like Ryder. Plus, Ryder can carry the team on the mic and even in the Ring.

The two of them could take the straps from Primo and Epico and have a decent run. The tag division hasn't had a team with decent promo skills or charisma in a long time. Let them feud with O'Neil/Young after they take the belts from the Colons. Then they could go through Hunico and Commacho or the Uso. They could be the team to spark a little comeback in the tag division. Let's face it, neither of them are really going to be pushed to the singles main event anytime soon. I for one would enjoy watching them.

C'mon WWE it's about time you listened to one of my ideas...

I could go on and on about guys currently in WWE who would make a great team and this is just one of the pairings...
sendpm.gif
Old 04-24-2012, 03:26 PM
What is The Rock cooking?
WWE Diva's Champion

midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to midgensa

I like Riley and have wondered what exactly went wrong for him to drop out of sight so fast.

I liked him as Miz' henchman and thought their feud was ok as well. I think that he has struggled at times to get the crowd to react, but I think with the right feud he could maybe make a move up the card.

He needs to develop some I guess. He just got thrust into the spotlight with The Miz and it propelled him to unreal expectations I think. He just needs to relax and bide his time and he will get a shot at some point.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Layeth The Smackdown!

ForzaItalia is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to ForzaItalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
I assume that he was in on it from the beginning. If they really want to push Riley, they'll have Punk retain the title and then Jericho can go "I would be WWE Champion right now if it wasn't for Alex Riley" and start a feud from there.

I really hope they push Riley as a face. Doing it as a heel would be a waste considering how over the guy is with the live crowds.
Definitely was not a heel move. Riley said he was kicked out by Punk after seeing him drink the Jack Daniels. Notice, how Punk never drank it and it was a set up the whole time. He most likely told Riley to get Jericho to walk by and see him with the alcohol to set Jericho up. And also Jericho mentioned to Riley that he better not be setting him up or fooling him or else he would be sorry.

Call me crazy, but maybe just maybe Jericho may call out Riley after he loses, if he loses this Sunday. This could be the start of Riley being put back on TV and the start of a mid-card push of a baby face star in A-Ry that WWE desperately needs. Hopefully, WWE took notice of the movement, the reaction Riley gets every time he walks down the ramp, and how he was the number one trend worldwide last night. This could be the start of Riley's comeback to TV!

Credit to ThePeoplesPeep
sendpm.gif