WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-30-2010, 12:00 AM

Y2JChrisJericho is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via MSN to Y2JChrisJericho

I actually don't mind it at all, I wanted Morrison or Bryan to win, but this puts him back in the title hunt which is nice. It also sets up a Sheamus-HHH feud, a king vs. king feud, but this reminds me a lot like King Booker, where he continued the gimmick and faced HHH at Summerslam 2007 I believe in a king-king feud. I was hoping HHH would come back as a heel but it doesn't seem like it would happen, have Triple H return, and have them have a no contest. This makes Sheamus look strong and HHH doesn't lose his return match. Have them continue the feud setting up a world title match between Sheamus and HHH and whoever the world champion is at the time. HHopefully it than leads to a Triple H heel turn which is desperatley needed.

I want to see Sheamus face the Miz though, and I actually want Miz to win cleanly. It could be interesting to see how Morrison plays into all of this considering his history with the Miz.

RAW IS JERICHO.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-30-2010, 12:11 AM

Marky-Marc is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammsteinerteen View Post
You don't get the point of King of the RIng. King of the ring is meant to push young wrestlers that have not yet won world titles. I'll give you examples:

Bret Hart
Owen Hart
Stone Cold
Triple H
Kurt Angle
Edge
Brock Lesnar
William Regal

Not one of those men held a world title. It's because WWE was meant to push these guys. Not make them look good. Thats why Sheamus' win was pointless. What will this do for him? He already reached main event status. He never needed this.
Just because that's what happened in the past doesn't mean that's what it's meant for.

Sheamus is a 2-time WWE Champ, so logically, shouldn't he be the winner? SHouldn't he be the only one that should win? That's what happened. Him losing would make him look bad, People who are mad that Morrison didn't win are just marks for him.

Heels are better kings, it fits their charactes better, especially Sheamus. We don't need Morison wearing a cape and a crown he's fine the way he is. Plus it sets up a rubber match of Morison v. Sheamus, hopefully.

I like Sheamus winning and everyone saying they dropped the ball and they don't know what they're doing are ignorant fucks.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-30-2010, 12:21 AM
All 6's and 7's
WWE Diva's Champion

Tech N9ne is looking to come up from OCW...Tech N9ne is looking to come up from OCW...Tech N9ne is looking to come up from OCW...Tech N9ne is looking to come up from OCW...Tech N9ne is looking to come up from OCW...

I see it the same way as quite a few other posters. I would have preferred Morrison to win. I also agree that it is some sort of side angle to have "The King Of The Ring" face off against "The King Of Kings".

I actually don't seem to mind as much as everyone else. As I had said in a previous thread, it is another "feather" added to the cap of Sheamus. I can see him using the actual "King" gimmick for a decent amount of time.

The WWE Championship does not need to be on Sheamus right now. This is a good way to have his focus off the title, yet keep him relevant and has a "title" of his own.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:24 AM
3 Time Elite Openweight Champion
Million Dollar Champion

The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...

WWE dropped the ball big time with Sheamus winning KOTR!!!!!!!!
i was hoping it would be used to make John Morrison into a full main eventer but damn WWE drops the ball on a Morrison push again!
sendpm.gif
Old 11-30-2010, 12:31 AM
Yaz ain't enough, I need Fluttershy
WWE Women's Champion

Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammsteinerteen View Post
You don't get the point of King of the RIng. King of the ring is meant to push young wrestlers that have not yet won world titles. I'll give you examples:

Bret Hart
Owen Hart
Stone Cold
Triple H
Kurt Angle
Edge
Brock Lesnar
William Regal

Not one of those men held a world title. It's because WWE was meant to push these guys. Not make them look good. Thats why Sheamus' win was pointless. What will this do for him? He already reached main event status. He never needed this.
Erm.....

And, for the record, Booker won his King of the Ring, as a wrestler who, technically, had already won five world titles. This theory that world champions can't win King of the Ring Tournament's is quite bogus, really. Now, could Morrison have used the win? Sure, he could have. Does that mean he deserves the win? Not really, at least until he learns to cut a money promo. The WWE has decided they're going to make Sheamus a fixture in the main event for decades, period. People may not like to hear this, but in comparing his push to the top, it would appear as though they're grooming Sheamus much in the same way they groomed Taker upon his debut. This can only help keep him in that same trajectory, and I'm quite fine with that. Remember guys, big picture. Let's just say Morrison wins. He uses this for a PPV Title mach, maybe against the Miz... Then what? Then what do you do with him? Well, if he keeps on the same way he has been for a while, he's merely going to drop back to the mid-card, and he's going to Billy Gunn this chance. That is, unless he puts on some major work. Sheamus, you can build this as something to brag about for a while, and bridge it to his feud with Triple H, to which keeps him in the main event scene much longer. Again guys... Big picture thinking
sendpm.gif
Old 11-30-2010, 12:34 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

drobs85 is looking to come up from OCW...

Although they are two different people, i don't see Sheamus being able to continue with a "King" gimmick or making it entertaining over the long haul ala "King Bookaah". King Booker's reign was well written and booked. Til this day every time i think of "King of the Ring", i think of King Bookaah. So where Sheamus goes from here to me remains a good question. I agree with the guy about Triple H returning and proclaiming he's the King. But the only problem is they have already done that with King Booker.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:35 AM

zman21 is looking to come up from OCW...

they should of gave it to morrison or jackson. sheamus dident need it. this is just something to add to resume cause he already is a main event performer
sendpm.gif
Old 11-30-2010, 12:38 AM
WOO!
WCW TV Champion

The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...

Morrison should have won, but Sheamus is a solid pick. Sheamus did need a minor boost, but JoMo could have used this way more. Sheamus is already a main eventer, JoMo needs to get that last little boost. I can only hope his push just keeps going, he deserves it. As for Sheamus, I think this sets up a potential return for Triple H. The King of Kings vs The King of the Ring.... Has a nice ring to it. Sheamus can use this to build even more top momentum as a heel, but if HHH returns then he'd either get over even more or lose. I have to think that this will lead to another big push for Sheamus.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-30-2010, 12:41 AM
Be a man!
WWE Diva's Champion

Muffin Top Merkley scored a win over Santino Marella...Muffin Top Merkley scored a win over Santino Marella...Muffin Top Merkley scored a win over Santino Marella...Muffin Top Merkley scored a win over Santino Marella...Muffin Top Merkley scored a win over Santino Marella...Muffin Top Merkley scored a win over Santino Marella...Muffin Top Merkley scored a win over Santino Marella...Muffin Top Merkley scored a win over Santino Marella...Muffin Top Merkley scored a win over Santino Marella...Muffin Top Merkley scored a win over Santino Marella...Muffin Top Merkley scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to Muffin Top Merkley

I have mixed feelings in regards to Sheamus winning this year's King of the Ring tournament.

Did Sheamus really need to be the winner? No. He is already a two time WWE champion and didn't need to add King of the Ring to his resume. That being said, just because most King of the Ring winners in the past, had yet to be world champion, there is nothing stating that a former champion couldn't win it. Some King of the Ring winners, still never amount to much after sitting in the throne. For Example: Billy Gunn, Mable & William Regal.

I would have preferred Alberto Del Rio to be the tournament winner this year as it would greatly add to an already excellent character, as well as it would benifit him to have the title of King of the Ring under his belt.

My main issue with Sheamus winning, is the road that he took to get there. Beating Kofi Kingston, getting a bye in the semi-final round and then facing and injured John Morrison isn't a great accomplishment.

I would have liked to see, Ezekiel Jackson winning against Drew McIntyre and then Sheamus facing Jackson and beating him to advance to the finals. I'm not sure why this didn't take place as it wouldn't have hurt McIntyre or Jackson. In fact, Jackson looked weaker not being able to dispatch of McIntyre and make it back to the ring before the ten count.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-30-2010, 01:01 AM

nightshifty is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm glad Sheamus won. Him winning King of the Ring is really solidifying him as a bigger main eventer. Your main heel is going to need more accolades than just two WWE title reigns. Morrison has already been intercontinental, ECW, and tag team champion. He doesn't really need more to be a serious main eventer, except a big storyline heading to 'mania. Good move creative staff.
sendpm.gif