WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-29-2010, 11:00 PM
InZayn In The Membrane
WWE Diva's Champion

Johnny Scumm scored a win over Santino Marella...Johnny Scumm scored a win over Santino Marella...Johnny Scumm scored a win over Santino Marella...Johnny Scumm scored a win over Santino Marella...Johnny Scumm scored a win over Santino Marella...Johnny Scumm scored a win over Santino Marella...Johnny Scumm scored a win over Santino Marella...Johnny Scumm scored a win over Santino Marella...Johnny Scumm scored a win over Santino Marella...Johnny Scumm scored a win over Santino Marella...Johnny Scumm scored a win over Santino Marella...

Glad Sheamus won. The only person who should've won actually. Think about, 2 time WWE Champ? Yeah, he's gotta win.
No-one else had truly achieved enough to become King. All Hail King Sheamus of Raw.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-29-2010, 11:04 PM

Miz_Is_Awesome is looking to come up from OCW...

Giving Sheamus the King Of The Ring is just a perfect set up for the return of "The King of Kings", Sheamus will continue to call himself the king every week until HHH Comes out on a PPV and beats the hell outta him, setting up HHH v Sheamus III At WM.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-29-2010, 11:10 PM

RIPRKO1005 is looking to come up from OCW...

Pointless to make the winner someone who is already a two time champ and is just gonna get squashed by HHH when he returns. WWE dropped the ball big time morrison has been on a hot streak lately and could of benefited way more.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:18 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Rammsteinerteen is looking to come up from OCW...Rammsteinerteen is looking to come up from OCW...

Terrible move by WWE. Very stupid move by them. What exactly will Sheamus prove by doing this? He beat John Morrison for this, and everyone knows that JoMo really needs this push. But WWE just wants to make Sheamus look good by giving him a second push. Sheamus is a two F******* time world champion, and he gets an award that is meant to push younger guys. Edge, Brock Lesnar, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, HHH, Ken Shamrock, William Regal, and Booker T did not win the WWE world title once after winning KOTR as far as I'm concerned. So why the hell did they give it to Sheamus. I would've rather see anyone else in the tournament win it than Sheamus. Everyone else in the tournament has not yet held a world title. Everybody else could have gotten that boost. Sheamus is selfish, he doesn't need this. Del Rio, Kingston, Danielson, Morrison, Rhodes, McIntyre and Zeke needed a push. Especially McIntyre, that dude honestly is stuck in the dog house. WWE really knows how to screw things up, giving a prestigous award to someone who doesn't need it. Just my opinion, but I've never been so disappointed
sendpm.gif
Old 11-29-2010, 11:18 PM
The Hunt is On
Knockout Champion

Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to Joe's Gonna Kill You

I would have Really liked to see Morrison win here because I'm a Huge Fan of his and I was a little disappointed that he didn't win because I think it could have really helped to establish Morrison and cement his spot, but I'm not that mad because I like Sheamus and I can understand why he won this match and this probably sets up a feud between Sheamus the King of the Ring and a returning HHH The King of Kings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
Help us JGKY, you're our only hope.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-29-2010, 11:21 PM

Rammsteinerteen is looking to come up from OCW...Rammsteinerteen is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz_Is_Awesome View Post
Giving Sheamus the King Of The Ring is just a perfect set up for the return of "The King of Kings", Sheamus will continue to call himself the king every week until HHH Comes out on a PPV and beats the hell outta him, setting up HHH v Sheamus III At WM.
Yeah, that feud has a big similarity with the one Triple H had with Booker T. No one cares about this crappy feud. Winning King of the Ring should not set up a feud. It should boost a young wrestler that has not won a world title yet. Sheamus won two world titles. So the whole thing is screwed up anyway. King of the Ring is meaningless this year.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-29-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichoholic4Life View Post
Glad Sheamus won. The only person who should've won actually. Think about, 2 time WWE Champ? Yeah, he's gotta win.
No-one else had truly achieved enough to become King. All Hail King Sheamus of Raw.
You don't get the point of King of the RIng. King of the ring is meant to push young wrestlers that have not yet won world titles. I'll give you examples:

Bret Hart
Owen Hart
Stone Cold
Triple H
Kurt Angle
Edge
Brock Lesnar
William Regal

Not one of those men held a world title. It's because WWE was meant to push these guys. Not make them look good. Thats why Sheamus' win was pointless. What will this do for him? He already reached main event status. He never needed this.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Knockout Champion

Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I really liked the win for Sheamus. He is the correct pick to win the tournament. It cements his status as a main event player and also sets up a rather nice tagline (King of Kings vs KOTR) for a feud with a returning HHH. I liked the fact that Sheamus was able to dominate his opponents, helping to further establish him as a powerhouse.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-29-2010, 11:47 PM

Wrestling Free Thinker is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammsteinerteen View Post
You don't get the point of King of the RIng. King of the ring is meant to push young wrestlers that have not yet won world titles. I'll give you examples:

Bret Hart
Owen Hart
Stone Cold
Triple H
Kurt Angle
Edge
Brock Lesnar
William Regal

Not one of those men held a world title. It's because WWE was meant to push these guys. Not make them look good. Thats why Sheamus' win was pointless. What will this do for him? He already reached main event status. He never needed this.

Just because you won King of the Ring doesn't guarantee ANYTHING. Or that if you lose you're done. Shamrock beat Rock in the finals, who became the bigger star?

Morrison was already looking strong but Sheamus only competed in one other match while Morrison had to work 2 before and had that bad arm. Sheamus already lost the last couple of months so he should look strong going into a possible feud with HHH.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-29-2010, 11:58 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
I have no problem with this. The booking was done in a logical, concise way. Sheamus had an easy passs to the finals, where Morrison lost because he went through 3 tough matches and had a bad arm. Could Morrison have used the win more? Logic would say yes, because Sheamus is a two time WWE Champion, but I'd argue otherwise.

Sheamus had no direction whatsoever heading into this tournament. He was feuding with Santino, of all people. He had gone from defeating John Cena at 2 straight PPV's to losing to Santino, and Morrison once. He desperately needed the win to establish credibility. With HHH's return looming, Sheamus couldn't go into a feud he most likely will lose without much needed momentum. Enter being the 18th King of The Ring.

Morrison looked like a star in defeat. He battled through injuries, and tough matches with both Cody and Del Rio. Having already defeated Sheamus, I'd argue he didn't need the win as much. He was elevated by the loss tonight. This was good for both men, and well booked. Sheamus gets the win he needs to secure momentum heading into an inevitable feud with HHH, and Morrison gets momentum from taking the tougher road to the finals and taking Sheamus to the limit despite a bad arm. A good night for both men.
I agree completely. Sheamus is someone that's had no real direction, generally speaking, since he left the WWE Championship and main event scene a while back. His feud with Morrison has been good and Morrison has benefitted from it as has Sheamus.

I've got no problem with Sheamus winning it, though I do believe that Morrison needed it more. Of course since Sheamus won, I'm not surprised to see that many people are already calling it a stupid move or how the WWE dropped the ball and all that. Whenever something doesn't go exactly as some fans believe it should go, you can expect to hear all the whining and complaining. Morrison looked like a million bucks tonight even though he lost. He looked like a star with a lot of heart. With Morrison already having one clean win over Sheamus at a big ppv, it made all the sense in the world for Sheamus to win this match and set up a rubber match between the two at the upcoming TLC ppv.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif