WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Stop asking me what I'm gonna do!!!
WWE European Champion

Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...

It is obviously not always important for the top guy to be the World Champion but it is always a given that he will be featured prominently on the show. More often than not, the biggest story on a show is the story for the title. It happens about 85 percent of the time but obviously not always.

As for the deal with Christian I think that we should all wait at least till next week before we decide. If he is demoted down the card or suffers another loss to Orton under his rematch clause, then, by all means start bitching. If there is a feud between the two however, then please I'll have to see how the feud pans out before I start bitching.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:47 PM

Walker456 is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via MSN to Walker456

I cant see Christian getting demoted down the card any time soon. After the Draft Smackdown was left with hardly no main event talent. Which is a good thing because now they have to push people alot more , But that takes time Christian has proven to everyone that he can be in the main event. So i can see a Ortan , Christian Feud happenin here leading in to Over the Limit.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-08-2011, 03:35 PM

Da Truth is looking to come up from OCW...

I can understand putting the title on the biggest star on the brand because of the popularity or they are the guy; however, there wrestlers in the "E" who gets bigger pops than Cena or Orton, such as Santino so should he be the Champion. Punk recieves way mor he than Miz and is more believable as a heel, but he's not a champion right now.
I don't think the issue of Orton holding the title is the problem because we knew it would eventually happen. It was the way it was done. They could have done a mini feud between Orton and Christian going into the next ppv or since the Henry and Khali came out they could have been part of the main event and Christain could have lost that way. We talking about the pg era and being example for the kids, what about hard work and diligence will help you achieve your goals(for more than a couple days, lol).
This can be savaged though by having a couple months feud betweem the two. and Pleeeease Vince, will you guys stop it with the rko out of nowhere thing; it's getting very very old.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-08-2011, 04:16 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

As a fan, I was very happy to see Christian become the World Heavyweight Champion. I was a little disappointed in seeing Orton take the title on SmackDown! but I think people are quickly jumping to conclusions about this. They're assuming that Christian is no longer going to be in the title picture, that he's not going to be WHC again without even waiting to see what happens on the next episode of SmackDown!. What happened on SD! could possibly be the beginning of an intriguing storyline for Christian so why not wait for some follow up on this before going on the war path?

I don't think the #1 guy has to be champ whether it's Orton or Cena. Both of these guys are so over and have accomplished so much that they no longer need to be World Champions to be solidified as top guys in the company. In the case of John Cena, I look for him to eventually begin feuding with Alberto Del Rio over the WWE Championship. Del Rio is already very over as a heel and I'm wondering if Vince thinks taht Del Rio feuding with Cena over the WWE Championship will make the feud more meaningful. It's possible as it's John Cena, the overall biggest star in wrestling right now, holding probably the overall most well known wrestling World Title at this point. When it comes to Randy Orton, there's at least some possibility that his match with Christian this past Friday on SD! is the beginning of an intriguing storyline for Christian. We ultimately won't know until SD! so I'm willing to wait and see if there's actually something to really be disappointed over before I start to rant about it.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 05-08-2011, 04:25 PM

K-Mac is looking to come up from OCW...

I have no problem with Orton becoming the Champ. I do, however, have a problem with how they did it. They could have at least given Christian a 3-week reign, and had him drop the belt to Orton at Over the Limit.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:40 PM

tripleddd is looking to come up from OCW...

At first i didnt really understand the thread but aving read it and the responses it seems its now centered on christian and orton. I think Christian should of held the title until the next ppv at least (it just seems a pat on the head) Is christian any less of a star than say jbl, eddie or chris benoit even the miz - of course not . christian should of been champion to the next ppv lost it ok to probably Kane in my opinion and then in turn he loose it to Randy Orton. It just smacks of lazy writing and taking the piss out of us the fans - imo theres at least 3or 4 ppvs worth of material there .plus it would give the time to see who else on smackdown was rerady to compete for the whc
sendpm.gif