WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-05-2010, 11:10 PM
All 6's and 7's
WWE Diva's Champion

Tech N9ne is looking to come up from OCW...Tech N9ne is looking to come up from OCW...Tech N9ne is looking to come up from OCW...Tech N9ne is looking to come up from OCW...Tech N9ne is looking to come up from OCW...

I think they are a good idea. It sure beats them having a filler match thrown in there.

It gives a match added hype as well as meaning. I think they should actually add a few more of them. Throwing in a match for a Mid Card number 1 contendership is an idea they should take more stock in. It should help bring credibility to that mid card title, because the match that determined the number 1 contender for it, was held in grueling fashion on PPV.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:58 PM

Henhouse is looking to come up from OCW...

It depends how you do it. WWE did it quite well at TLC, with the Ladder Match. As long as you make the #1 contendership SEEM big enough to be on PPV, then it will be. If you just hype it as another match, or don't hype it at all, then it won't draw. The odd title match on the main show isn't necessarily a bad idea, because it keeps viewers interested. But not when it's done regularly.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-24-2010, 09:50 AM

cliffordlfc is looking to come up from OCW...

Depends who's wrestling really. Neither Mr.Anderson nor Matt Morgan need the match on iMPACT cause they don't need to build this storyline any further. Morgan and Anderson have been feuding with Jeff Hardy for months now so it makes sense why it's on the Pay-Per-View. I have absolutely no problem with it at all, to be perfectly honest.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-25-2010, 12:06 AM
WZCW Grand Slam and
ECW Champion

ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...

I think what matters more is the build leading to the match. It's what drives the fan's to invest in the actual match. Regardless of who faces the champion or when. It reminds me of Armageddon 2007 when Triple H faced Jeff Hardy for a title shot and Jeff won. Back then, I felt that Triple obviously outmatched Hardy, but given the story leading up to it, I just couldn't help being curious about the match and how the two would react regardless of who won in the end.

In this case you have Morgan concerned over the well being of Anderson while he's struggling to recover from his concussion. It leaves you to wonder if Anderson will be 100% and how will Morgan react in the match given his stance as of late on injured wrestlers.

I highly doubt we'll get the ensuing title match on Impact. The reason being the one IDR! mentioned. There's just not enough time for it. It's best to take the story step by step like they are doing. Not to mention that the overall objective is to prolong Jeff Hardy's reign and the near inevitable Anderson title victory until possibly Lockdown. I see nothing wrong with a #1 Contender's match headlining Genesis. Especially if there's a well constructed story to sell it with.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Actually,I have to disagree completely. Just last Sunday,John Morrison and Sheamus put on a stellar match to determine the No.1 Contender to the WWE Title at RR. The build to it was created seemingly out of thin air,as JoMo rushed in to save Santino from a savage beating at the hands of the Celtic Warrior. They then battled numerous times and became heated rivals even before the KOTR tournament was announced. However,Sheamus' victory propelled their animosity toward one another to new heights and to settle things,the Raw GM decided to offer of the now vacant spot to the two rivals. It's given Sheamus something to do until HHH gets back,it's revived John Morrison's career and sent it to the heavens and the match itself had great spots from start to finish. I might be a little biased because I love JoMo and saw the match personally but I think most would agree with me.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:25 AM
WZCW Grand Slam and
ECW Champion

ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rox View Post
Actually,I have to disagree completely. Just last Sunday,John Morrison and Sheamus put on a stellar match to determine the No.1 Contender to the WWE Title at RR. The build to it was created seemingly out of thin air,as JoMo rushed in to save Santino from a savage beating at the hands of the Celtic Warrior. They then battled numerous times and became heated rivals even before the KOTR tournament was announced. However,Sheamus' victory propelled their animosity toward one another to new heights and to settle things,the Raw GM decided to offer of the now vacant spot to the two rivals. It's given Sheamus something to do until HHH gets back,it's revived John Morrison's career and sent it to the heavens and the match itself had great spots from start to finish. I might be a little biased because I love JoMo and saw the match personally but I think most would agree with me.
You say there was no story, but then you wrote it out and mentioned why you invested in that particular Condender's match. It may not have been the main event of the show, but you just pointed out why it drew you in as well as what the match did. I don't see why that's a reason to disagree. Is it because it wasn't the main event?
Old 12-25-2010, 12:55 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...Hawkeye worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Killjoy View Post
You say there was no story, but then you wrote it out and mentioned why you invested in that particular Condender's match. It may not have been the main event of the show, but you just pointed out why it drew you in as well as what the match did. I don't see why that's a reason to disagree. Is it because it wasn't the main event?
I was disagreeing with the OP. I think #1 contender matches on PPV are a great idea,if there's a solid story behind it and interest generated before the go home show.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:49 AM

Marky-Marc is looking to come up from OCW...

I generally like the idea of #1 contenders matches on a PPV. It gives it a big fight feel and something more interesting to the match rather than the normal fued.

Though I agree with the OP where it is a let down when the title match happens on Impact. I hate when WWE does this (example Morrison). You announce that the #1 conters match is at a PPV and not Raw, the title match should be set for the following PPV, every time.

Think back to I believe 2007. Jeff Hardy had a #1 contenders match with HHH at Armageddon. Jeff won and faced Orton for the WWE Title at The Rumble. This is how it should be done. When Morrison beat Sheamus at TLC I figured he'd fight Miz at the Rumble, why he didn't I don't know but it was a let down.

Same for when TNZ does it. The title match should be held at the PPV, if this happens, I'm more than ok with #1 contenders matches at PPV's.
sendpm.gif