WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Interactive (Tournament) Archives > Tournaments Archive > Women's Tournament (2015) > Japan Region
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who wins this match up?
Awesome Kong 6 31.58%
Sara Del Rey 13 68.42%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 06:06 PM
Reaper of Miracles
World Heavyweight Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel
Default Japanese Region, Osaka Subregion, 2nd Round: (2) Awesome Kong vs (10) Sara Del Rey

This is a second round match in the Japanese region. It is a standard wrestling match. It will be held at the Kyocera Dome in Osaka City, Osaka, Japan.

#2 Awesome Kong

VS.

#10 Sara Del Rey

There will be 1 day of discussion before the poll opens. It will remain open for 2 days. Spam rules will apply. In case of a tie the winner will be decided based upon how many people have made a case for them in the discussion thread. One per each poster.

Who wins the match up?
sendpm.gif
Old 01-22-2015, 12:54 AM
...7, 8, Better stay up late...
Million Dollar Champion

nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...

You may be asking yourself "What the fucking fuck am I supposed to do here?" & certainly at first glance it is a tough decision.

Until you think about it for a second.

Sure Kong is a beast & has laid waste to many a foe in a quite vicious manner, but there is one lady who gives not one single fuck. That lady is Sara Del Rey, her opponent in this match. Sara has won 3 out of 4 against Kong in singles competition, one of those wins being a title match. So everything else aside, that speaks volumes.

Plus, Sara Del Rey is a fucking badass & voting against her has been known to cause soul cancer (which is 10x worse than ball cancer). I dont feel like dying this week, so I am voting SDR.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-22-2015, 03:21 AM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmare View Post
You may be asking yourself "What the fucking fuck am I supposed to do here?" & certainly at first glance it is a tough decision.

Until you think about it for a second.

Sure Kong is a beast & has laid waste to many a foe in a quite vicious manner, but there is one lady who gives not one single fuck. That lady is Sara Del Rey, her opponent in this match. Sara has won 3 out of 4 against Kong in singles competition, one of those wins being a title match. So everything else aside, that speaks volumes.

Plus, Sara Del Rey is a fucking badass & voting against her has been known to cause soul cancer (which is 10x worse than ball cancer). I dont feel like dying this week, so I am voting SDR.
You would know since you have ball cancer. I'm just glad that shit isn't contagious, or I'd be fucked...again.

You pretty much said it though. Head to head, Del Rey has the numbers in her favor. It would be another close fight due to Kong having been given a chance and succeed on bigger stages, but those 3 out of 4 wins don't lie. Del Ray moves on.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:06 AM
The current reigning and defending
Undisputed WWE Champion

Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...

My initial thought was Kong, but thre longer I think about it, the more i am thinking maybe Del Ray could win this. She's an excellent performer, very highly respected as she's now one of the head trainers in the WWE Performance Center (and should be wrestling on TV as well). As others have pointed out, SDR does have the advantage over Kong in head-to-head matches...she is definitely capable of another win.

But the fact remains that if Kong gets her hands on you, she's going to cause some serious damage...I'm going to have to think about this a bit more before I vote.

IT'S A DILAPIDATED BOAT!!!
sendpm.gif
Old 01-22-2015, 09:57 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Ah shit....I dunno who to pick here. Along with Cheerleader Melissa, Kong & Del Rey are probably the two biggest female indie stars of the past 10 or 15 years.

In terms of technical ability and overall athleticism, Del Rey has the clear advantage over Kong. However, Kong's lost a lot of weight and, of course, has to be in much better physical condition than she's ever been as a wrestler. In terms of raw power, it might be tempting to go with Kong because of her sheer size, but Del Rey is obviously a gal that has some power going on, she's got some pretty impressive guns for a woman in the pic.

Del Rey utilizes a lot of power moves in her arsenal along with her technical capabilities. For instance, she's known to use a broad variation of suplexes, fall away slams, the powerbomb, etc. and some of those moves are gonna be pretty hard to pull off on someone as heavy as Kong. I think she'll be able to manage some of them, displaying some impressive feats of strength, but I don't see her being able to rely on them with the same degree of success as she would with someone much smaller, which most women in wrestling or life in general are.

Kong's arsenal is pretty much straight out brawling and power. She's easily imposed her will on women Del Rey's size regularly, so I see no problem with her using a pretty devastating power arsenal against her.

When it comes to overall star power, Kong definitely has the advantage here. Kong has been a major star in the United States and Japan whereas Del Rey is known primarily on the American indie scene. She was a 1 time WWWA World Women's Champion in All Japan Women's Pro Wrestling, 1 time AWA Japan Women's Champion, 1 time AAAW Tag Team Champion in GAEA Japan, 1 time Hustle Super Tag Team Champion in Hustle, 1 time NWA World Women's Champion, 2 time TNA Women's Knockout Champion in TNA and she's the current RPW Women's Champion in Resistance Pro Wrestling.

I'm leaning towards Kong, but it's entirely possible I could be persuaded to go Del Rey.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 01-22-2015, 11:38 AM
I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Million Dollar Champion

Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...

Putting aside accolades and impact, this matchup has an advantage that wasn't really present in the first round showdowns- an extensive head-to-head history.

And that head-to-head history, as already noted in the thread, favors Del Rey.

Sara is 3-1 in head-to-head pairings against Kong, with those three wins coming in three different promotions, and one representing a successful defense by SDR of her Shimmer title. She also owns a 2-1 edge in tag team matches against Kong, and won a Battle Royal that also included Kong.

History doesn't lie folks, not many women in the industry can claim to have Kong's number, but Sara Del Rey owns that distinction, and it should earn her a win here.

Also, as a side note, Del Rey and Kong have worked as a tag team on multiple occasions and, aside from one DQ loss in a match where they were squashing the Shimmer tag champions, are predictably undefeated when joining forces(but even in those cases Del Rey scored the winning pinfalls).
Old 01-22-2015, 01:11 PM
...7, 8, Better stay up late...
Million Dollar Champion

nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Yaz View Post
You would know since you have ball cancer. I'm just glad that shit isn't contagious, or I'd be fucked...again.

You pretty much said it though. Head to head, Del Rey has the numbers in her favor. It would be another close fight due to Kong having been given a chance and succeed on bigger stages, but those 3 out of 4 wins don't lie. Del Ray moves on.

Ball cancer may not be & you can still have a healthy life with just one nut, but crabs are certainly contagious. If Pancake would have just bought that jug of shampoo instead of those bedazzled sunglasses, neither of you would be in this mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Naitch View Post
My initial thought was Kong, but thre longer I think about it, the more i am thinking maybe Del Ray could win this. She's an excellent performer, very highly respected as she's now one of the head trainers in the WWE Performance Center (and should be wrestling on TV as well). As others have pointed out, SDR does have the advantage over Kong in head-to-head matches...she is definitely capable of another win.

But the fact remains that if Kong gets her hands on you, she's going to cause some serious damage...I'm going to have to think about this a bit more before I vote.

Getting her hands on Del Rey to cause damage is inevitable, but is it enough to get the win? Sara Del Rey is one of the toughest ladies I have ever seen wrestle & can take as much as she can dish out. She may not be able to unleash all of her power arsenal because of Kong's size, but clearly by her win\loss record, she has figured out a way to beat her on more than one occasion. Kong is a tough opponent, but Sara Del Rey has her number. Success on a bigger stage is all well and good, but it should not trump an actual winning record against someone. SDR has just that & deserves the win here.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Worshipping At The Palace of Bliss
Million Dollar Champion

The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I'm going with SDR, mainly because of her record against Kong since I don't think there's any other advantage going for either.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:58 PM
What's the craic?
WWE European Champion

FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Far be it from me to contradict what has come before... but Del Rey is actually 4-1 up on Kong...
  • SHIMMER Volume 15
    13. October 2007 @ Eagles Club in Berwyn, Illinois (United States of America)
    Sara del Rey (c) defeated Amazing Kong [SHIMMER Title Match]
  • NWA Pro TV-Taping @ Newark
    4. April 2008 @ JFK Recreation Center in Newark, New Jersey (United States of America)
    Sara del Rey defeated Amazing Kong (c) [NWA World Women's Title Match]
  • JAPW Double Header - Afternoon Show
    9. May 2009 @ Recreation Center in Rahway, New Jersey (United States of America)
    Sara del Rey defeated Awesome Kong
  • ROH Supercard of Honor V
    8. May 2010 @ Manhattan Center in New York City, New York (United States of America)
    Sara del Rey defeated Amazing Kong
  • ROH Salvation
    24. July 2010 @ Frontier Fieldhouse in Chicago Ridge, Illinois (United States of America)
    Amazing Kong defeated Sara del Rey

Pedanticness aside, like stated before the head to head record is very hard to discount. The only edge Kong does have is that she has had the opportunity to display her wares on the largest US stages and her booking there might indicate that del Rey's record against her in TNA and WWe could be significantly different.

However, I'm going to go with cold hard facts over 'What ifs' in this instance and give my vote to SdR.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:23 PM
I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Million Dollar Champion

Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitFinlay4Life View Post
Far be it from me to contradict what has come before... but Del Rey is actually 4-1 up on Kong...
  • SHIMMER Volume 15
    13. October 2007 @ Eagles Club in Berwyn, Illinois (United States of America)
    Sara del Rey (c) defeated Amazing Kong [SHIMMER Title Match]
  • NWA Pro TV-Taping @ Newark
    4. April 2008 @ JFK Recreation Center in Newark, New Jersey (United States of America)
    Sara del Rey defeated Amazing Kong (c) [NWA World Women's Title Match]
  • JAPW Double Header - Afternoon Show
    9. May 2009 @ Recreation Center in Rahway, New Jersey (United States of America)
    Sara del Rey defeated Awesome Kong
  • ROH Supercard of Honor V
    8. May 2010 @ Manhattan Center in New York City, New York (United States of America)
    Sara del Rey defeated Amazing Kong
  • ROH Salvation
    24. July 2010 @ Frontier Fieldhouse in Chicago Ridge, Illinois (United States of America)
    Amazing Kong defeated Sara del Rey

Pedanticness aside, like stated before the head to head record is very hard to discount. The only edge Kong does have is that she has had the opportunity to display her wares on the largest US stages and her booking there might indicate that del Rey's record against her in TNA and WWe could be significantly different.

However, I'm going to go with cold hard facts over 'What ifs' in this instance and give my vote to SdR.
You are right sir, I checked a Database that confirms that Del Rey did in fact score a DQ victory against Kong on 4/4/08 in New Jersey, less than a month before Kong dropped the NWA title back to MsChif.

Del Rey 4-1 in singles against Kong. One more reason to get her the vote.