WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-30-2017, 03:07 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Lana Is Getting Another Shot

It was revealed today that Lana will get her third shot at the SmackDown Women's Championship on next week's show. The reason why she's getting another shot is because her left shoulder was technically up and she's been "ranting" about it all week on Twitter.

I have this terrible feeling that this whole program will lead to Lana beating Naomi for the title. With next week's show being held on the 4th of July, I could see Rusev making his return and do something to distract Naomi enough to where she loses the match and the title. While she's celebrating, I can easily see Carmella cashing in with Rusev being kept from interfering, due in no small part to him beating the piss out of Ellsworth just long enough for Carmella to get the win. This ultimately leads to some sort of triple threat match for Battleground or both Lana and Naomi get separate rematches so WWE can save the triple threat match for SummerSlam.

Lana's not remotely ready to be in a title feud, she's not ready to be champion, so I can easily see Vince deciding to put the title on her. It just simply seems like the sort of thing he'd do: there's a roster full of women who can actually perform well in the ring but he goes for the buzz of putting the title on a woman who can't.

But yeah, whether or not Carmella cashes in or Rusev returns, there's a strong probability they're moving towards Lana winning the title. Ah well, it took longer than I thought but it looks as though Vince is starting to saddle elements of the blue brand with some Raw nonsense.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 06-30-2017, 03:55 PM
I Don't Need No User Title
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Can't say I'm excited for this. Yeah Lana looks great (that's an understatement), but she isn't ready to be champion. She doesn't need to lose again either.

What are Charlotte and Becky doing? They would be much better challengers. And so would Natalya.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-30-2017, 04:28 PM

Kamala316 is looking to come up from OCW...Kamala316 is looking to come up from OCW...Kamala316 is looking to come up from OCW...

Gotta love WWE logic...the night of Lana's "relaunch":

Lana: "I want a Women's title match."
Shane: "You have to earn a title shot here on Smackdown Live."

5 minutes later, she's awarded a title match. She's been back for less than a month, and she will have had 3 title matches (including this one). She still can't wrestle, and they pretty much gave her the Eva Marie/Emmalina gimmick. Gotta love the "Women's Revolution".
sendpm.gif
Old 06-30-2017, 04:47 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

I don't get Naomi past the entrance and big arse, which is supposed come hand in hand.

As far as I'm concerned, if there were two women's divisions worth having, none of these ladies involved would be anywhere near the belt. So who cares what happens.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-30-2017, 04:57 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

I highly doubt they put the title on either Carmella or Lana this close to Battleground and Summerslam. Carmella needs to milk the case for a while. It makes her and every women's title match far more interesting holding on to it, bragging about it ("I'm the first ever two time women's MitB winner!") and teasing a cash in. Simply using it this quickly is a waste.

Putting the title on Lana whether it is for 30 seconds or 30 days also makes no sense either. I suspect this is just a way to fill time on SD, see if wrestling Lana can get ratings, and introduce the looming threat of Carmella and the case.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:08 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Why should Lana get another shot? This is getting ridiculous. She already had her chance and she failed. When a roster has women like Becky and Charlotte who more than deserve a title shot, it's stupid for Lana to get another one when she hadn't even earned the first one. Lana's awful in the ring. Her match with Naomi at Money In The Bank is a contender for the worst match of the year so far. If she does win, I'd hope Carmella cashes in on her immediately. The women and their division have improved so much recently and I would hate to see them go back to having someone who can't wrestle as a champion. Lana should stick to being Rusev's manager. She has no place challenging for the title when women like Becky, Charlotte, and Natalya who can actually wrestle are on the same roster waiting for opportunities they earned with their in-ring skills. The only way Lana winning makes any sense is if they want her to be the one Carmella cashes in on. That is literally the only reasoning I can think of behind these title shots.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-30-2017, 08:09 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Logic and booking wise it doesnt make sense. You have bunch of other women who had to try to earn that title shot with MiTB ladder match. And then you give that shot to person who didnt have singles match outside of NXT development brand. Would make much more sense to

1) give Lana a non title match at MiTB
2) give her heelish win there
3) then give her title shot based on that
4) she loses title match

Makes her look fine and not just as some rookie, makes Naomi look good because at the end she retains and it makes much more logic when you have bunch of other women including multi time women champion in Charlotte battling for something you award first women who came on roster not included in MiTB.

But then again, Smackdown women division title picture at the moment sucks. You have Naomi as Champion, Lana as no1 contender and Carmella with briefcase. I cant really see any good match there because none of them is that great in ring and character-wise Lana(who is worst in ring) has most character of them. Meanwhile you have Charlotte, Becky and even Natalya there, maybe even returning Nikki Bella. I get that "Smackdown- land of opportunity" gimmick thing, but it is getting ridiculous with both women and men divisions.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-30-2017, 10:34 PM

Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...

They are doing it because it is summertime and they want Lana to do
some of those bikini matches like they had years ago.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-01-2017, 05:23 AM
Sufferin' Succotash.

Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...

This is the right decision. She was robbed in both matches and it's only fair she has another shot.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:22 AM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Who else are they going to trot out there?

Charlotte? AKA the worst face in the women's division.
Becky? When was her last meaningful win? She works much better as the one chasing the belt
Natty? Remember when she farted all the time? Literally the only personality she has ever shown. She wrestles the exact same match each night and her gimmick is "Bret Hart is my uncle"
Tamina? I'd rather cheese grate my own nipples than watch her wrestle

Honestly their best bet would be to have Ellsworth win the title. He is the most over person in the division.