WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-13-2018, 04:05 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Backlash surrounding the Fabulous Moolah Battle Royal

On raw last night, they announce the first ever fabulous moolah memorial battle royal and within a day, they're as been some backlash around the fact that she's getting honored while she wasn't necessarily a great role model for women'S. I'm not going into specific of everything that's been reported about her past but some of it is really bad if you look at it through 2018 eyes.

The thing is, if you go back to her era of wrestling, she pretty much the most well known women wrestler of her era. And if where going to condemn her for the choice she made back then, why not condemn Mae Young, who got her own tournament last year, for some of the stuff she did back in the day, and for what i've read, it's as bad as what Moolah did.

How about being upset about Andre The giant getting his own Battle royal while it was well known that he was a bully backstage.

The fact is, it's easy to condemn somebody when they're dead without trying to understand the reasons why they did it in the first place. You can't compare what happened in present day to what happened in the 60's, 70's or even 80's. They we're different era with different mentality.

I'm not saying that what she did was correct or anything but going on a witch hunt over something that happened over 30 years ago is dumb in my opinion.

Anyway, Moolah wasn't a perfect person, nobody is and we all have skeleton in our closets but instead of looking at all the bad things she did, let's just celebrate all the doors she opened for today's women's wrestlers and what she meant to the world of wrestling.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:57 PM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

Don't compare being a backstage bully to the type of stuff Moolah did. It's not even fair to compare to her Mae Young. Mae wasn't a saint, but a large portion of the bad things that she did to were directly related to her association with Moolah.

Moolah has done some absolutely heinous things that thankfully over the past few years have only become more and more widely known thanks to the internet, she doesn't deserve to be celebrated in any way shape or form. The fact that you're trying to make excuses for her by saying we don't why she did it or you can't compare this era to the past is quite frankly, very alarming. There's no justifiable reason for pimping out women that you're training and then stealing their money, I don't know why you'd even attempt to find one.

I'm amazed at WWE's ignorance sometimes. They try so desperately hard to protect their squeaky clean image, going as far as to edit out a #MeToo hashtag on someone's shirt yet they continue to celebrate all of these awful excuses for human beings. I hope this doesn't go away, I hope there continues to be a pushback to the point where WWE is forced to either get rid of the Battle Royal completely or change the name. There are far better and more deserving names they can use to celebrate their female talent.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:26 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

You shouldn't have to try to understand why someone was basically a pimp to up and coming women wrestlers. There is no way to rationalize that as being right. Moolah is one of the greatest black marks on pro wrestling, yet because most common fans don't know her awful past, WWE runs her name around like she was Jesus Christ.

To compare what she did to anyone else you listed, is so off base I can't even begin to find words to talk about it.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:34 PM
Reinstate The Fox
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey

You tried to paint Moolah in a better light by telling us to shrug her history off.

Then you turned around and tried comparing what she did to what Andre and Mae did, in essence telling us not to ignore said history.

This line of reasoning is too confusing to even begin but I assure you it's the most ridiculous thing I've read here in several, several months.

Also, comparing the three is a huge false equivalence fallacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Old 03-13-2018, 07:16 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Disgraceful portrayal of Andre’s influence on the locker room. Shame on you.

Another check on Stephanie’s Who Gives a Shit women are great checklist. How about instead of a Fabulous Moolah memorial battle royal, they start the Trish Stratus “not lazily throw 6 women in a match” tradition?
Old 03-13-2018, 07:50 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

Why are we just hearing all this about Moolah now? Arguably the greatest female wrestler of all time so I'm shocked to hear all this and surprised I hadn't even heard rumours before, If true I don't think she should be celebrated by WWE dedicating matches to her, At this stage the reports sound genuine but can't tell for sure.
Also Andre being a bully? Do you have any evidence of this? As I have mainly only heard positive things about Andre the Giant.
I know she was better known as a manager but how about renaming it the Sherri Martel battle royal.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:02 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGlasgow View Post
Why are we just hearing all this about Moolah now? Arguably the greatest female wrestler of all time so I'm shocked to hear all this and surprised I hadn't even heard rumours before, If true I don't think she should be celebrated by WWE dedicating matches to her, At this stage the reports sound genuine but can't tell for sure.
Also Andre being a bully? Do you have any evidence of this? As I have mainly only heard positive things about Andre the Giant.
I know she was better known as a manager but how about renaming it the Sherri Martel battle royal.
Everything about what happened with moolah are based on women's that came out and did "shoot" interviews if I get this right. I'm not sure if that anybody has concrete proof of these allegations or not because we know that shoot interviews are as reel as what is reported in the dirt sheets, by that I mean, if somebody hates somebody strong enough they can say anything to hurt that person. Personally, I heard those stories for the first time today, so I can't tell you if anything was proven to be true or not.

As far as Andre is concern, again these are based on stories that we're told by his peers throughout the years and was using this as an example to prove a point. Sometimes It's easier to spread rumours on somebody when he or she's dead.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:19 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Pretty sure you can do that on everyone. Hogan is branded racist, StoneCold is branded "wife beater". Pretty sure in future there is bound to be "StoneCold, stick it out to your Boss" award. Ultimate Warrior was pretty crazy and problematic especially with his statements and every year there is an award with his name.

What I am trying to say, SJWs could always find to complain about anything if they dig hard enough. And in the spirit of them being like that I say, lets hope FMMBA lasts as much as possible.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:56 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...

Yeah, a lot of people are jerks or not nice people, but Moolah is a whole other level that is damn near galaxies away from that sort of stuff. Sure, there is a remote chance there is this giant conspiracy to discredit her, but I'm not seeing many people from that time period denying it and it seems pretty much everyone who associated with her isn't shocked by it. Again, a lot of this info is based on "shoot" interviews and mini-documentary style things but considering the massive amount of power she had over these women it does seem to paint a dreary picture. The encouragement of drug abuse and the prostitution claims are well beyond anything the WWE should willingly associate themselves with at this point.

I realize she is a major part of wrestling history but these are sadistic things more on level with what Chris Benoit did, perhaps even worse when you consider he just snapped one night while she was knowingly introducing and grooming people into this weird cult family for many, many years. I understand the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing and that there really should be a deeper investigation into this, but if even a fraction of these stories are true then history is better off forgetting she ever existed.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:07 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Everything about what happened with moolah are based on women's that came out and did "shoot" interviews if I get this right. I'm not sure if that anybody has concrete proof of these allegations or not because we know that shoot interviews are as reel as what is reported in the dirt sheets, by that I mean, if somebody hates somebody strong enough they can say anything to hurt that person. Personally, I heard those stories for the first time today, so I can't tell you if anything was proven to be true or not.

As far as Andre is concern, again these are based on stories that we're told by his peers throughout the years and was using this as an example to prove a point. Sometimes It's easier to spread rumours on somebody when he or she's dead.
Wrestlers typically aren't well known for ther angelic behaviour but the accusations against The Fabulous Moolah are evil and I'm surprised its not a bigger story as she was arguably the greatest womens wrestler of all time, The WWE has nothing to gain by naming this match after her so I can't understand why they are, Is it worth the bad publicity?