WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-21-2017, 07:32 PM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The should go on with destroying IMPACT the name and come on to the new year as Anthem Wrestling Federation and completely put IMPACT to rest. A four sided ring, tapped only in Canada while having a better color scheme and brand new titles. The final reboot as it would not be a reboot per se, it would be a new company with a new identity. Keep who they can keep name wise and create newer stars if the must which is a must.

But can they go dark, I doubt it as they have barley any sponsorship and whatever source of income they got might be lost. I would be all for it if my fantasy booking idea went into effect but I know that this would not happen.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:28 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...

Impact need to rebrand fully and find it's own new identity. This is the only way they can have success one day.
nobody will be able to compete with Vince until some miracle happens or Vince will make some fatal mistake. Like it or not, WWE is years ahead of any other wrestling company in the world in everything, have worldwide market, money, talent and Vince McMahon - the guy who became #1 since the day he bought WWWF from his father, and still is. There is no another Bischoff/Turner combination and there are no reasons to leave WWE right now for big names.
Old 12-23-2017, 03:15 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think TNA/GFW is kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

In terms of fan support they are somewhere along the spectrum between a popular indy promotion with no TV exposure, Ring of Honor, Lucha Underground, NJPW and WWE. I said, SOMEWHERE along that spectrum.

But they don't seem to know what they want to be. I think ROH knows what it wants to be, Lucha Underground knows and NJPW knows. They stick to that and have stuck to that for years and it seems to be successful for what they want to accomplish.

They are in a really tough position. New Japan is gaining more exposure and support in the American market now and Lucha Underground got, I believe, season 1 and 2 on Netflix, and possibly more coming up. ROH seems to have their sweet spot between dedicated fan base, some TV exposure and some PPV events that seem to go well.

What is left for TNA/GFW? I do not think going dark is the answer. Perhaps, at most, a month, if the show before they go leaves fans with enough of a cliffhanger and interest in what is to come.

All I can really say is good luck to them. I do think competition in any form for WWE is good and if TNA/GFW can find a way to do that then great. But not sure what they do form here if it hasn't really worked already.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 04:09 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

that's kind it really, 15 years they been existing and we still don't know what their identity is. They've change so many time that it's no wonder that even they most hardcore of their fanbase is starting to leave them.

Right now, while my original thought was just sell everything and restart from scratch, i realize that this isn't possible in this day and age because at soon as they leave,, somebody else will take their spot. So i fell like they just need to refocus and actually sign some talents to long term contract, it doesn't need to be guarantee money but just have a decent number of performers locked in for at less a year so that the company doesn'T fell like a revolving door like it did in 2017 and just go on from there. Build the company's identity and stick to it for the long run. Stop bringing guy from other promotions if their not going to stick around after the set of tapings and for god sake, if they can't produce 2 hour of original material every week, just fill the first hour with what they taped for xplosion at it's original content and it won't fill like you're trying to fill time or make fans remember how great the promotion use to be like they're doing right now.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:15 AM
Jerichoholic since 1997
WWE Diva's Champion

akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...

It was clear that Dixie Carter wanted to compete with WWE, and everything done in the last few years she was in charge was to position TNA as an equivalent to WWE. It did not work, she sold the company and they tried to brand it as GFW so Jeff Jarrett could run it as his own promotion. Sadly Jeff was not in a position to run the promotion so somebody else is doing it. Right now, I think Impact has no real direction. Going dark might help them figure out a direction to go, but at the cost of losing momentum. Really they need to find a path for the next year, focused on talents that can make them some money. The days of Impact taking on WWE as a legit competitor are over. ROH has surpassed Impact in popularity and has a stronger roster. Impact needs to start over, again, or just fold up shop.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:30 PM

GhettoV1 is looking to come up from OCW...

Looks like until the next tapings the next two weeks of Impact Wrestling will have best of 2017 episodes to fill air time.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:48 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoV1 View Post
Looks like until the next tapings the next two weeks of Impact Wrestling will have best of 2017 episodes to fill air time.
They did best of to fill time because they only have one show left from the ottawa tapings and it's a big episode since a lot of stuff will happen on that shows.