WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > The GSD - General Spam Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Don't thank me; I've done nothing
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

And just like that there are rumours in the papers this morning that Rooney could be sold if he does not shape up and stop being so injury prone.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:02 AM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
ECW TV Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

If he does go I wonder who would take him on? He has a 300k a week deal and Man U would probably ask 40 million at least. I'd say Real Madrid or Barca would be candidates, as would Aston Villa and Chelsea
Old 08-26-2012, 08:23 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazloz View Post
If he does go I wonder who would take him on? He has a 300k a week deal and Man U would probably ask 40 million at least. I'd say Real Madrid or Barca would be candidates, as would Aston Villa and Chelsea
Aston Villa seem more than a little out of place in that company... Despite Randy Lerner owning them, they have no money.

A year ago, Man City would have been by far the most likely destination. Wouldn't be so sure of that now. You wouldn't know with Chelsea. Abrahamovic could just take a notion to splash the cash. As for elsewhere, Rooney's stock on the continent is nowhere near what it is in Britain - his performances in the last two national tournaments have been scandalously bad, particularly his inability to hold on to the ball - so I would very much doubt if Real or Barca would touch him with a barge pole, especially with the money that he would command in transfer fee and wages.

If he was to come on the market right now, there is only one non-English club I could see him going to and that Paris St. Germain and even they might not have as much need for him as they had a year agoafter signing Lavezzi and Zlatan.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Sally was here
WWF Hardcore Champion

Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via MSN to Dowdsy McDowds Send a message via Skype™ to Dowdsy McDowds

...dammit Liverpool! Good game though.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Whale in a Teardrop
ROH Pure Champion

The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Creators of our own rise and fall, great game though.

Total turn around from the opening game of the season, we knew It'd take time for Rodgers' style of play to gel with the team and if we can be this good, two games in, over time we could become a very formidable team. Joe Allen looked much better today, his pass completion rate was impressive, Luis Suarez much like the first game is getting into spaces but his finishing is abysmal; great free-kick though, but more goals from non-dead ball situations would be lovely.

Feel bad for Martin Kelly in the build up to the first Man City goal, he reminds me a lot of Steve Finnan, strong, composed, not flashy, just gets the ball down and plays it. What was Martin Skrtel thinking?! One negative of Rodgers' style of play, he depends a lot on back passes to the keeper when under even minimal pressure, can't be doing that.

And Raheem (James) Sterling continues his form from the pre-season. Speed, skill; maybe if he ate a sandwich and drank a few protein shakes he'd have the potential to be a world class player, but for seventeen he has more than enough time to grow stronger. Great game from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunKay C. Cobblepot View Post
Could Dragon Saga stop being so right all the time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlertainment, Inc. View Post
Dragon Saga is better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:38 PM
WWE Women's Champion

A lot of positive performances today even if we squandered two points.

The Tevez goal was definitely a consequence of BR's "pass at all costs" make-up. I was glad to see that he was willing to change the system late on when the midfield started to tire.

Was especially happy with the Allen/Gerrard duumvirate. Young Joe's performance was very Alonso-esque - interceptions, looking to pass forward at every opportunity - and allowed Gerrard to do a bit of everything - passing, tackling, closing, going forward - without having to absolutely everything.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:04 PM
A Life In Monochrome
WWF Hardcore Champion

Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Барбоса View Post
Aston Villa seem more than a little out of place in that company... Despite Randy Lerner owning them, they have no money.

A year ago, Man City would have been by far the most likely destination. Wouldn't be so sure of that now. You wouldn't know with Chelsea. Abrahamovic could just take a notion to splash the cash. As for elsewhere, Rooney's stock on the continent is nowhere near what it is in Britain - his performances in the last two national tournaments have been scandalously bad, particularly his inability to hold on to the ball - so I would very much doubt if Real or Barca would touch him with a barge pole, especially with the money that he would command in transfer fee and wages.

If he was to come on the market right now, there is only one non-English club I could see him going to and that Paris St. Germain and even they might not have as much need for him as they had a year agoafter signing Lavezzi and Zlatan.
Even if Villa had the money for him, money isn't enough. Players want to be playing at the highest level, that means Champions League, not Championship. Man City is even more unrealistic, United would never sell him to City in a million years. To be honest I don't see anywhere he could go, there are only a handful of clubs who can afford him and are at the desired level & I doubt any of them would want him. Best bet would maybe be somewhere like either Milan club or Juventus.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:11 PM
WZCW's Mr Excitement
WWE European Champion

a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via AIM to a0161613 Send a message via MSN to a0161613 Send a message via Skype™ to a0161613

I'm delighted with a draw, despite the negatives. Such potential.

Oh and Rooney can fuck off. Delighted he is injured though.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:05 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
Man City is even more unrealistic, United would never sell him to City in a million years..
You say that but before SAF got personally involved in the contract negotiations two years ago and persuaded him to stay on, Rooney was going to Man City. They were the only team to "match his ambition" or more correctly "pay him far too much."
Old 08-27-2012, 12:06 AM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
ECW TV Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

I meant Arsenal earlier, not Aston Villa. Forgive me, I am a silly American.

One of the things we always hear about Rooney here is that he is a near flawless striker in club competition but can't translate that into success at the national level.