WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-19-2012, 12:32 PM
what the fuck is a
WCW TV Champion

Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default A Storyline That Can Be Re-Done in Impact Wrestling

Now don't get on my ass about how old angles should not be rehashed and what not. I love originality and jizz but name a storyline from WWF/WCW/AWA/ or any territory that can be well executed again.

I would suggest the year long wait till Sting & Hogan faced off at Starrcade '97. Let Storm and Roode fight other competitors build momentum and finally meet at BFG this year. I would actually want them to interact less and only cross each others path rarely yet make Storm's road to Roode be a big deal.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:33 PM
The Mouth of the South Shore
Knockout Champion

JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by La PaperGhostique View Post
Now don't get on my ass about how old angles should not be rehashed and what not. I love originality and jizz but name a storyline from WWF/WCW/AWA/ or any territory that can be well executed again.

I would suggest the year long wait till Sting & Hogan faced off at Starrcade '97. Let Storm and Roode fight other competitors build momentum and finally meet at BFG this year. I would actually want them to interact less and only cross each others path rarely yet make Storm's road to Roode be a big deal.
There's already a MAJOR difference between the two though. Roode and Storm have already fought multiple times. Hell, they had a match on Impact within the last month!

At this point, it's not about waiting a year for a match we've never seen. Now it should be about building heat for a match we have seen but not on a big stage. Unfortunately, we do have to get through the Sting stuff for a month before doing so, but hopefully there will be enough interaction to make the thing work.

In my opinion, a show like Lockdown should be used to end the big feuds. You are putting guys in a cage with no way out and it should be brutal. That's why you hopefully build it as the match to settle the score between those guys. I don't think that's what will happen unfortunately, but at the very least you should get heat on the match going in so it means something.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:00 PM

dudedudedude is looking to come up from OCW...

Stupid thread is stupid. TNA already get called a low rent WWE and now you're suggesting to retool historical storylines? That would be a stupid idea. Especially when I know exactly what 'event' they will try redo....as certain screwjob.......
sendpm.gif
Old 02-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

snoopy is a member of the JOB SQUAD

The majority of Pro Wrestling storylines have been done before and rehashed! So that is nothing new,The thing is Tna just did a almost two year build for Sting and Hogan leading into bound for glory last year!
sendpm.gif
Old 02-19-2012, 02:18 PM

Maikeru_1979 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudedudedude View Post
Stupid thread is stupid. TNA already get called a low rent WWE and now you're suggesting to retool historical storylines? That would be a stupid idea. Especially when I know exactly what 'event' they will try redo....as certain screwjob.......
the only thing i see that is stupid in the whole thread so for is this response.
Quote:
Stupid thread is stupid
it isn't a smart idea, but in no way stupid. in todays age i don't think people will want to follow a year long story line, look how the Rock/Cena match has gone for the last 9 months.(crap) people are far to used to getting instant gratification and won't settle for anything less. and that is why professional wrestling sucks these days. they get a good storyline and have to cut it short because the fans are impatient little sh*ts. so nothing lasts more than like 2 months.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-19-2012, 02:53 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

yoshi_doce2006 is looking to come up from OCW...yoshi_doce2006 is looking to come up from OCW...yoshi_doce2006 is looking to come up from OCW...yoshi_doce2006 is looking to come up from OCW...yoshi_doce2006 is looking to come up from OCW...

Personally I think they should do a Horsemen type faction. I don't mean like Fourtune, a Horseman ripoff, I mean fur guys who bs, shoot the breeze back stage, do everything together, and let them go. Simply put the reason TNA doesnt have the viewers is because they have nothing that the WWE doesn't. When Crockette exploded they went from 1500 in the Omni to 18000 almost overnight.

All you need is one, one feud, one group, what the Horsemen did was calculated gang warfare, it created stars out of Magnum TA, Lex Luger, Sting, and Nakita Koloff, then it mad stars like Dusty Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat, Ricky Morton, and the Road Warriors household names. All you need is to know how to do it.

You want to rehash history you don't want to do the exact same thing so that comparisons are made, you want to go through the same process but you want it unique unto itself. That way it is something old, yet completely up to date.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Is a horrible poster.
WWE Diva's Champion

This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...

I like the idea that you have stated op. The only thing I wouldn't want to happen in the end is what happened to Sting at the event in which Sting lost. I hope if they were to ever do this story line again, Storm is the one who/should prevail in the end. This would give TNA and over the top, super over heel, in Roode, and it would give TNA there well needed over the top, super over, Face in Storm.

The storyline would work, but, I wouldn't go a full year into it. I would make it a 6 month feud where it was actually pushed and written properly. I wouldn't go swerve happy at all, I would just make it the ultimate game of cat and mouse. They should make this feud turn into a personal rivalry where it doesn't lose its thunder. We could use a feud/rivalry like this in wrestling again. And who better to do this feud then two of the best solid workers in the business then Storm and Roode? (This of course is a personal opinion there) It could be epic and now that I think of it I really do what this to happen.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-19-2012, 02:54 PM

dudedudedude is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru_1979 View Post
the only thing i see that is stupid in the whole thread so for is this response.

it isn't a smart idea, but in no way stupid. in todays age i don't think people will want to follow a year long story line, look how the Rock/Cena match has gone for the last 9 months.(crap) people are far to used to getting instant gratification and won't settle for anything less. and that is why professional wrestling sucks these days. they get a good storyline and have to cut it short because the fans are impatient little sh*ts. so nothing lasts more than like 2 months.
You're making no sense. I for one am a massive fan of drawn out storylines. I merely stated that copying historical storylines is stupid for a company already seen (right or wrongly) as a low rent WWE. Please don't suggest, or imply my comments meant anything else.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Bob Marley's White Bastard Son

Batteryguy is looking to come up from OCW...

TNA needs to redo the Katie Vick Storyline with Abyss and someone.It could have the potential to be alright or just plain bad...Who knows?It would at the very least be funny.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:16 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

yoshi_doce2006 is looking to come up from OCW...yoshi_doce2006 is looking to come up from OCW...yoshi_doce2006 is looking to come up from OCW...yoshi_doce2006 is looking to come up from OCW...yoshi_doce2006 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batteryguy View Post
TNA needs to redo the Katie Vick Storyline with Abyss and someone.It could have the potential to be alright or just plain bad...Who knows?It would at the very least be funny.
The difference is that Kane was a monster, people wouldn't believe it because it was so outlandish for Kane. Now Abyss is just screwed up in the head, storyline wise James Mitchell (As twisted a character that was) is his father. It may not be a stretch to accuse Abyss of anything and everything.
sendpm.gif