WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-14-2011, 11:11 PM
Nome is where your heart is
ROH Pure Champion

INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to INDYjon22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester View Post
If Rodriquez directed Death Proof it would of been good....yeah The Falcutly was a good sci fi-horror film. I was hoping that Rodriquez one day directed another horror film, like Friday the 13th. Now I know people will say he is bigger then FT13 but it would be an actual good film under Rodriquez and not just mindless killing. But its a wet dream, maybe Rodriquez will do a film similar to Inglorious Basterds, he likes to do films that are similar but still different from Tarantino.
He will probably get around to another horror movie eventually. His movie selection is really odd. He will make a really violent, bloody movie like Desperado and then turn around and make Spy Kids. It is mind boggling at times to see what movies he is doing. He did produce the new Predators movie which was sort of a science fiction/horror action film. It wasn't bad but it definitely took a lot from the original Predator and just reused it.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Dean Winchester is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDYjon22 View Post
He will probably get around to another horror movie eventually. His movie selection is really odd. He will make a really violent, bloody movie like Desperado and then turn around and make Spy Kids. It is mind boggling at times to see what movies he is doing. He did produce the new Predators movie which was sort of a science fiction/horror action film. It wasn't bad but it definitely took a lot from the original Predator and just reused it.
Yeah but I mean directing one not producing. I like to see him direct FT13, especially if he is gonna use really violent, bloody stuff.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-14-2011, 11:17 PM
ROH Pure Champion

INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Now that I think of it, he did direct Planet Terror which was a zombie-esque horror movie. It had all of the over the top violence and funny dialogue that a Rodriguez film has. It was actually rather funny. Not all that great but an enjoyable film to watch from time to time. So there you go, a RR horror movie that isn't circa 1990's.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:19 PM

I know he directed Planet Terror and it was awesome, but him directing FT13 man he take that to all new heights. Imagine Jason Vorhees under him, that be wicked man.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-14-2011, 11:22 PM
ROH Pure Champion

Oh I am not saying it wouldn't. I don't disagree at all. I don't exactly if I would want to see RR do a Friday the 13th movie but I do think he would excel in the slasher genre. A movie like Hatchet already looks like a RR movie just without him. Had it been an RR film I am sure not only would it have gone to theaters but it would have been all that much greater. I would love to see him do a slasher style movie, he is already a part of the splat pack.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:28 PM
ROH Pure Champion

Quote:
He should direct that Thanksgiving film Eli Roth did for the Grindhouse films back in 2007.
It is supposedly being made, but I would put my money on Eli Roth doing it. I don't know how I feel about that though seeing as Roth hasn't really done anything of note since Hostel Part 2. The movie would be much better off if Rodriguez did it.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:30 PM
People Like Me, We Don't Play
ROH Pure Champion

FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...

It's either Spy Kids or Sin City, but I'm leaning towards Sin City. Spy Kids is a classic kids film, fun for all the family and is a well done movie. Sin City is a dark, gritty and nasty film. It's noir feel only helps add to the work. It also probably helps that Frank Miller was on board to co-direct, as I think he, much like his buddy Tarantino, work best within a contained environment. If there isn't something to contain the story, it spills all over the place and it gets messy. The fact that there is a source material for this work really helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
THis guy gets it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Legend.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-15-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunKay D. Wolfwood View Post
It's either Spy Kids or Sin City, but I'm leaning towards Sin City. Spy Kids is a classic kids film, fun for all the family and is a well done movie. Sin City is a dark, gritty and nasty film. It's noir feel only helps add to the work. It also probably helps that Frank Miller was on board to co-direct, as I think he, much like his buddy Tarantino, work best within a contained environment. If there isn't something to contain the story, it spills all over the place and it gets messy. The fact that there is a source material for this work really helps.
Tarantino is good by himself though, Frank Miller however is not, as was proven by The Spirit. Which is a film that should of been directed by Robert Rodriquez.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Quote:
FDTD just as stupid and had same amount of action as Machete.
But From Dusk Till Dawn is well written, properly paced and doesn't sag when there isn't a melee or something happening on screen!
sendpm.gif
Old 01-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Rear Naked Bloke
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

Sin City really just needed the Mickey Rourke section to work. The additional stories don't really add much. The middle story, in particular, is the very definition of filler. Never read the source material but I'm sure there was another, more compelling story that they could have arbitrarily stuffed in there instead. The ending was suitably tragic, mind you. Points for that.

From Dusk Till Dawn is a movie I had hyped up to no end by the time I watched it. I wish it hadn't been. It seems like a movie that works a lot better when you're not sitting around, waiting for the vampires to show up. I still think it's pretty great.

Following the build-up for Machete, I just knew it was something that would have been better served staying a trailer, being fawned over by nerds. Never bothered to see it.

Spy Kids never sat that well with me. Haven't seen it in years and it's hardly like I'me gonna bother watching it again soon.

So, I guess, FDTD wins by defualt. Sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.
sendpm.gif