WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-13-2017, 10:02 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default What's your favorite wrestling book

Just wondering what favorite book have you read and would recommend to others fans on this board.

Me I have 2 book that I've actually loved.

First one was pat patterson's book accepted. This book is just a great read we're pat patterson talk about his life as far as been a gay wrestlers and just about is life. Their no bullshit to try to settle a score like many wrestling book have been about.

Second one is hardcore holly's the hardcore truth. This is just a fun read that help understand alot about some of the misconception that fans had about hardcore holly and others guys in wwe. Also some of his early career stories are really entertaining.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:14 AM

Romantic_Rebel267 is looking to come up from OCW...

Bob's Holly book was probably one of the best Wrestling books because it reads more like a transcript from a shoot interview than a more traditional biography.

Chris Jericho's book are awesome. I really enjoy reading about his adventures and life lessons he learned along the way.

Also, Mick Foley's first book has the greatest book cover of all time!
Old 05-05-2017, 08:35 PM

GhettoV1 is looking to come up from OCW...

Bob Backlund, Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Jerry Lawler's books are interesting.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:25 AM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I really liked Bischoff's, I really felt I agreed with his vision of pro wrestling.

Bryan's is another one. His career is fascinating and there are some good stories in there of his ROH days, the NXT reality show days, the tie choking etc. The only problem with it though is every chapter starts with a needless inkayfabe monologue following Bryan in preparation for WM30.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:32 PM
Big Sexy Cool
ROH Pure Champion

Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...

Mick Foley's The Hardcore Diaries.

It covers Foley's run in 2006, talking about the build up to One Night Stand to post-Summerslam when he left, other topics talked about are his trips with WWE to Iraq and Afghanistan and his work with the Christian Children's Fund. It's also very informative as to how creative works backstage as he talks about the creative process surrounding his matches for One Night Stand-Summerslam and he criticizes how WWE management works backstage. He also talks about possibly joining TNA.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:56 PM
Reaper of Miracles
World Heavyweight Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Probably either Tim Hornbaker's NWA history book, or Marcus Griffin's Fall Guys. Hornbaker's research is impeccable. He tells an unbiased story of the NWA's rise to power in the late 1940's, to their fall from grace in the mid 1980's, and their last stronghold of relevance with TNA in the early 00's. Every bump along the way is included, and expanded. There's an incredible amount of detail in the book, and it provides excellent insight into the turbulent world of pro wrestling after the events of WWII and pre-Hulkamania.

Fall Guys is arguably the first book ever written to expose kayfabe, penned in 1937. Griffin reportedly received much of his notes from promoter Jack Pfefer, and the pro Strangler Lewis camp at the time, as the book does suppress the likes of Gotch, Stecher, and Londos in favor of the Gold Dust Trio. So some of the information is biased. Steve Yohe's biography of Ed Strangler Lewis is a great companion piece to this book, and provides a well researched counter narrative in some places. Nevertheless, the book provides great insight into the early days of pro wrestling and its transition from legitimate sport to entertainment medium.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:34 AM

tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I just finished up Gary Hart's book, "My Life In Wrestling: With A Little Help From My Friends", and it was fantastic. Quite possibly the best wrestling book I have read; couldn't put it down and I finished it in one day(and it's fairly lengthy, nearly five hundred pages in its hardcover format). It goes into so much detail about the art of booking and the business of running a promotion, I really learned a lot about wrestling. The story of the Von Erich family was fascinating all in itself, told by somebody who was close to the situation. Really in-depth, covering the characters, angles and business of World Class, Florida, Georgia and Mid-Atlantic. Tremendous insights, I highly recommend it.

Last edited by tdmoon : 11-12-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...

Out of all the wrestling books that I've read, the two that I enjoyed the most was Foley is Good and The Death of WCW. Foley's second but seemed to flow a lot better than Have a Nice Day, and it primarily focused on his days leading up to his HIAC match at No Way Out 2000. As for the Death of WCW, the title itself pulled me in, and I'm a fan of Wrestlecrap, so I was interested in their take on how a once prominent promotion collapsed in a few short years.