WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-18-2011, 09:04 AM

Savior with faith 101 is looking to come up from OCW...

There is no doubting that WWE have hit a home run with not just the CM Punk storyline but with several. Daniel Bryan had no storyline to speak of and now he has something to work with. Christian has stepped up comfortably to the main event spot and brought out the best in Orton who was phenomenal last night. Most importantly, CM Punk and Cena have both brought out the best in each other.

Cena's promo work recently has been incredible, the only reason people arnt talking about it is because of how brilliant CM Punk has been. The "you cant wrestle" chants faded pretty damn quick last night, Cena and Punk both had equal amounts of offence, hit some great moves and sequences, specifically the FU-GTS-STFU. This is another example of Cena being involved in a 5* Match but people will only really talk about the fact that "Punk is a great wrestler."

Either way, brilliant PPV. Lets just enjoy it
Old 07-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Yesiamaduck is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Cena just did his usual shit
So Cena does mat based and chain wrestling on a frequent basis does he? I'm not his biggest fan and Punk is the better wrestler on a technical level BUT Cena held his own and varied up his usually very limited move set with a couple of nice suplexes, grapples and holds. Usually Cena is the face in peril for about 10 minutes then he hits his 5moves then wins, or occasionally he will play face in peril for about 10minutes try his 5 moves get stopped then do his 5 moves then win.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-18-2011, 09:23 AM
AJ Lee calls me everynight!!
WCW TV Champion

Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Hell yah im happy for now lets recap!! No particular order D bryan wins the Smackdown MITB (suprise on that one at the same time Cole shit his pants) ADR wins no suprise on that one... Cena losing haha enjoyed that one and christian winning was awesome also!! To me a perfect PPV cant wait for raw and smackdown
sendpm.gif
Old 07-18-2011, 09:34 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sally View Post
You sound like a guy who hasn't had much luck with the ladies, huh?

As to the subject of this thread, any member of ICW that calls WWE totally predictable will hopefully be happy with this. Since no one was 100% sure whether Punk was serious about leaving or not, I was positive Cena would retain. Of course, the logical presumption now that Punk is the champion is that he's staying, right? After all, if he was truly leaving, why indulge him by letting him walk away with the title? I mean, what for?

But since he won, the beauty of the scenario is that we're left with more questions than answers. What happens now? All we can do is guess......and all we've been doing the past few weeks is guessing.

Predictable? No way!

Many of you are bored with WWE? Fine for you, but I think Vince McMahon and his Creative team are geniuses.
Uuuhhhhhhhhhhhh ... they book one good angle and they're geniuses? Those are the same people who had Hornswoggle disappear into a drawn hole in the wall. You realize that, right? Same people who had R-Truth lose after a kid poured water on him. That's recent. Don't blow this out of proportion. These inbreds have a LONG way to go until they are credible writers/bookers again. Especially the one that walks like he's got a broom up his ass.

On a side note ...

Punk already made the belt more meaningful than it has ever been. Check this bad boy out ... http://a.yfrog.com/img740/6158/b09zy.jpg [Not posting it as an IMG because it's too big]

P.S: How come WWE fans are preachers of all that's good and holy when WWE does something awesome. "Just enjoy the show guys". And when TNA does something awesome (they have, don't act like they haven't), you're the first to go into smark mode about it or sweep it under the rug? Just saying, a lot of hypocricy going on.

WWE does something good - BEST IDEA EVAR! VINCE IS A GENIUS! A NEW ERA HAS BEGUN! Let's all enjoy the show now guys. Wrestling at its best!

TNA does something good - FAK TNA DEY COPYIN' WWEZ! HOGEN IZZ A MOLE AND TNA WILL DIE IN 2 MONTHZZ!

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

And while I'm ranting, nice going WrestleZone. You never a posted a poll about Destination X and what the fans rate it, but you posted a poll about MITB minutes after it was over. Someone was afraid too many people would give it a sweet rating and TNA would look good eh? Nice move. Or was it just an honest mistake?

And for crying out loud it's the IWC not ICW.

Last edited by Zeven_Zion : 07-18-2011 at 09:40 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-18-2011, 09:39 AM

phenom-0 is looking to come up from OCW...

That was the best WWE ppv in months. it was better than mania aside form (triple h v taker, rhodes v mysterio, edge v ADR and punk vs orton) but anyway 11 out of 10. from start to finish it was amazing from ppl selling the hell out of those injuries (miz), to new champs being crowned Punk n Christian, and fresh MITB winners who actually i think can do big things with the briefcase. only down fall was that Vince didnt fire him last night like how he said he would. WELL DONE WWE!!!!!!
sendpm.gif
Old 07-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Riley Justin

mrfantastic111 is looking to come up from OCW...mrfantastic111 is looking to come up from OCW...

For me this PPV was better value for money then Wrestlemania 27. That's my opinion though. To follow up this PPV at Summerslam they'll probably do alot to keep the kids/'casual' audience happy. It's kinda like what they did at the beginning of this year; it started with some great PPV's and great stories on television, but it was more or less all drawn back at Wrestlemania. I don't know. To be honest I doubt anyone on here really knows what to expect on Raw this week... However, if WWE somehow manages to f**k up this angle (which right now looks like it's gonna be several weeks of good ratings handed to em' on a silver platter) then Punk was right and nothing can truely help them at this point. No doubt he has probably resigned already though... Or is atleast planning to.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:06 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

yoshi_doce2006 is looking to come up from OCW...yoshi_doce2006 is looking to come up from OCW...yoshi_doce2006 is looking to come up from OCW...yoshi_doce2006 is looking to come up from OCW...yoshi_doce2006 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rge2010 View Post
The ICW love to moan and moan about WWE but surely this miserable lot should be happy for once in what transpired last night at MITB?

All these 'Wrestling fans' and ROH marks got the following:

Daniel Bryan the MITB winner
Colt Cabana on screen
Christian new HW Champion after all the crying they did last time.
John Cena 'beltless' and 'fired'
CM Punk The WWE Champion

Seems let a wet dream doesnt it?
Normal wrestling fans know that the WWE has been garbage for a very long time. We know TNA is getting better but no where near where WWE is. We know that RoH is a great PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING show and is going through a management turnover.

What I am trying to say is that the WWE NEEDS to have buzz, NEEDS to be good, NEEDS to have guys who can bring fans. John Cena in his era has seen ratings plummet into the high 2.9's, seen two strait ppv buys down into the mid-60,000's, the Cena/Orton era has not failed but compared to the Attitude, Michaels, and Hogan eras it has been slowly going down hill fast.

The WWE needed a guy who could make the audience tune in, Punk can do that if they resigned him. Christian does have a fan base larger than his first WWE run because he gained NWA/TNA fans when he was their champion twice. When Christian is unshackled he is entertaining.

Like it or not the WWE NEEDS this, buys are at a two decade low, ratings are at a 15 year low, the WWE needs known commodities who can do the job, remember the WWE has done this before. In 1992 Hogan was gone, savage was leaving, many other stars were on the way out. Piper was given the IC Title for a month, Brett Hart was elevated into the main event by 94, Ric Flair was the WWE Champ for the large part between 92 and 94, Shawn Michaels was elevated into the singles ranks. To the fans this wasn't suppose to work, but it did.

In the end quit whining and enjoy this. The WWE is lacking talent in the overall product, let the talent they have try to elevate the product, right now Christian, Punk, Truth, Cena, Riley, Orton, Miz, and Shaemus are all the WWE has, and they are all spread out over the two brands. That is about 14% of the total active roster that have any drawing power at all not counting Trips and Undertaker, let them loose and let them work.

As far as Bryan Danielson goes he is one of the best WRESTLERS in the world, take advantage of him. He's small, fine, Brett Hart, Ric Flair, and Shawn Michaels, none were over 220 Pounds. Give him the gimmick he had coming in with Nexus and let him become something. The WWE is hurting for stars, cant blame them for trying to elevate and make more.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-18-2011, 10:12 AM

PlayTheGameHHH is looking to come up from OCW...

I haven't marked out like that in a long fucking time! It felt great aswell! The crowd was absolutely amazing from start to finish, hell, even the piss break matc...I mean the Divas match got a decent reaction. I hope WWE continues to give me reasons to mark the fuck out. I'm so hyped for RAW tonight it isn't even fucking funny.

Smackdown MITB Match - - 5/5

A fantastic match with one hell of an ending, I never thought in a billion years that Daniel Bryan would win that match and the crowd went crazy making it even more exciting. I hope the 'E don't screw him over by having him lose when he eventually cashes in.

Divas Title Match - 1/5

Sure, it got a decent reaction from the crowd but the match fucking sucked! I think Kelly Kelly's rope hit at the start of the match was one of the worst I've ever fucking seen.

The Big Show VS. Mark Henry - 3/5

Meh, a fairly decent match, they did OK considering the size of them. The ending was cheesy as hell but like I said, it was a decent match.

RAW MITB Match - 4/5

It was a good match, very entertaining but the Smackdown match was the best of the night WITHOUT A DOUBT.

WHC Match - 4/5

It was a good match, the ending fucking sucked. The crowd went nuts when Randy attacked Christian, don't know why though, it wasn't that much of a beatdown compared to the beatdowns of the past.

WWE Title Match - A MILLION OUT OF A FUCKING MILLION

John Cena was right when he said that this match will be won that we'll remember for years. It was absolutely fantastic! I'm so glad WWE didn't fuck this up, I marked out like a bitch when the ref made it to 3. When Alberto came out I started to worry but when Punk kicked him in the head I marked out again lol.

Absolutely fantastic PPV! 10/10, you know WM27 sucked when the PPV of 2011 that will stay in peoples memories forever is fucking MITB.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:15 AM

That Don Guy is looking to come up from OCW...

With all of the talk about CM Punk "taking the belt out of WWE", there's one option that I haven't noticed anyone mention (although it wouldn't be the first time I just wasn't paying attention):

The constant references to Colt Cabana, and ROH's history of financial difficulties (not to mention not having a current TV deal), has me thinking that Vince is going to be ROH's "savior" just as he pretty much bailed out ECW at one time, with Punk vs. whoever the ROH champion is at the time having some sort of title unification match to fold what's left of ROH into WWE. ("Oh, and Jim Cornette? YOU'RE FIRED")
sendpm.gif
Old 07-18-2011, 12:42 PM

Daniel.Wood is looking to come up from OCW...

Guys. I think the answer to what happens is this.

Vince fires Cena, Cena leaves, has a rest.

Vince offers a WWE contract to the next person to beat Punk for the title (Colt Cabana).

There's no invasion.
sendpm.gif