WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-17-2011, 10:10 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE Money in the Back 2011: The Aftermath

WWE Money in the Bank - July 17, 2011

SmackDown MITB Match - I thought this was a fantastic match to start the show off with. It had all the big spots anybody expected and some just downright hard hitting action. Each time I see him, Iím reminded of just how much I enjoy watching Sheamus do his thing. I just love that big stiff, physical style of his. Iím hoping that Sin Cara really isnít injured. Getting the powerbomb from Sheamus onto the ladder looked awesome and Iím sure that, no matter what, it definitely didnít feel like a loverís caress. Since theyíre in Chicago tonight, I thought that the Doomsday Device between Kane, Sheamus & Daniel Bryan was a great touch, even though the commentators didnít say anything about it. I have to say, however, that the ending was just plain great. Daniel Bryan comes out of nowhere and wins the MITB match at the 25 minute mark. I donít think anybody really gave Bryan much of a chance and the live crowd popped huge and Bryanís excitement at winning seemed completely genuine and it was a great moment for him. Of course, now comes all the threads asking if Bryan is going to be the first one to cash in MITB and lose. Awesome match with some great wrestlers taking some big bumps and selling them with an awesome ending. ****

Kelly Kelly vs. Brie Bella - Generally speaking, the match was ok. Letís be honest, this match is primarily just a buffer and filler. Itís never really meant to be much more than that, thereís hardly anyone thatís legitimately interested in womenís wrestling but they did alright. I wouldnít call the match good but I wouldnít call it bad. It served itís overall purpose to give people a chance to hit the restroom, go for a beer run, get some snacks or pick up some merchendise. Kelly Kelly hits her finisher to retain at the 5 minute mark. *

The Big Show vs. Mark Henry - It wasnít a classic for the ages and, letís be honest, nobody ever thought it was going to be. However, I enjoyed the match. I thought both of them worked hard and put on a good, physical big man match. Some people might be put off that both men went off their feet so soon but it didnít bother me at all. Both of these guys are such huge powerhouses that I think itís refreshing to see each of them in there with someone thatís on equal footing in terms of power. It makes for a more interesting story in my opinion as Iím long since over seeing the whole giant or powerhouse tossing a guy half his size all over the ring like heís nothing. Show delivering a shoulder tackle from the second rope was different and him selling a knee injury afterward was convincing in my view. Realistically, a guy that size hitting the mat hard and being ďinjuredĒ is a possibility. Show initially kicks out of Henryís first Worldís Strongest Slam. Henry follows it up with another then hitís a couple of splashes for the clean win at the 6 minute mark. Iím surprised he got a clean win but I liked it. The post match stuff was a great touch and it just plays nicely with the intensity that Henry has shown lately. WWE shouldíve done this with Mark Henry 10 years ago. The right guy won and both guys gave it their best. They didnít try to go overboard here or to stretch this out to be longer than it needed to be. **1/4

Raw MITB Match - Another very good showing for the MITB matches. Last year, Rawís match was the better of the two but it lost out to the blue brand this year. Still, a very good effort with lots of great spots and some real drama going on with The Miz. If The Mizís knee really isnít hurt, then he just sold the absolute shit out of the injury. The crowd was really quiet and were definitely wondering if Miz is hurt. Miz came hobbling back down from the back a little bit later, the crowd booed the crap out of him and I thought it was great. Mysterio essentially takes him out after hitting a powerbomb off the ladder. It looked as though it might be Mysterio but Del Rioís use of the mask and subsequent fall from the ladder with Rey worked nicely. It made Del Rio look like a cheap opportunist and thatís exactly how it should be. Del Rio eventually makes his way back up the ladder and gets the briefcase at the 16 minute mark. Iím not at all surprised Del Rio won the match and heís really the one that should win the match. The predictable ending and the shorter time are two factors make this match inferior to the SD! match but it was still a very high quality match at any rate. ***1/2

Randy Orton vs. Christian - I thought this was another great showing for Orton & Christian. The action was good, I knew thatíd be the case going in. It wasnít up to snuff with some of their other matches, but I thought they told a helluva story here. The crowd was super hot here, especially when it came to Orton. Some good back and forth stuff here and Christian showed some good resilience for himself as well. The ending felt a little cheap in some ways but it plays in perfectly with the story thatís been told with the overall angle between the two. Christian hocks a loogie in Ortonís face and Orton goes apey. The punt to the groin was a great touch and Orton just plain went medieval on Christian. Christian becomes the new World Heavyweight Champion about the 12.5 minute mark. Orton ultimately winds up delivering the RKO twice to Christian on the announce table, which doesnít break, and Christian does a great job selling the effects of both moves. The sight of Christian clutching the title on his way out drew great heat from the crowd. I have little doubt that some people are going to crap all over this win. The IWC has this obsession with every heel being this near superhuman badass for some odd reason. Heels are supposed to be opportunistic lowlifes whereas faces are supposed to be the good, honorable guys. Hence, Daniel Bryan didnĎt come out to cash in his MITB contract with Christian half dead. ***1/2

John Cena vs. CM Punk - Holy shit...this was a downright amazing, epic match. I honestly don't see how anybody could not have enjoyed this match. Both of these guys worked their asses off and told an infuckingcredible story. It was back and forth the entire time with the crowd being so white hot that they all had to be on the edge of their seat. I know I was on the edge of mine the entire time. Punk & Cena both hit each other with everything, including the kitchen sink, and kept coming back for more. Both of these guys looked like superstars in this match. About the 31 minute mark, Cena slaps Punk in the STF for the 3rd or 4th time during the match and Vince suddenly comes out with Laurinaitis with him. It looked like Vince tried to do a Montreal Screwjob thing here and sent Laurinaitis to ring the bell. Cena, being the good guy that he is, jumps out of the ring and stops it from happening. Punk recovers, hits the GTS and becomes the new WWE Champion at the 34 minute mark. The crowd goes wild and Vince screams for Del Rio to get out there. Del Rio hits but Punk lays him out and walks out of Chicago the new WWE Champion. *****

Overall Show - This was a fantastic show from top to bottom. There were a few legit surprises here and there, some incredible action, great storytelling and every match that was expected to deliver was able to do that and then some. I was legitimately surprised to see Daniel Bryan win the SmackDown! MITB match. I may have given the match a slightly greater rating because of the surprise ending but it was a great match anyway you slice it. We expected the Divas Championship match to be filler and it was, but it didn't suck. Big Show vs. Mark Henry was a good big man match. Both of them worked hard and did the best they could. Henry going over cleanly was another little surprise and it makes me wonder why WWE didn't do what they're doing with Henry now years ago. The Raw MITB match was another great outing, not as good as SD!, but it was still very entertaining and Alberto Del Rio winning was the obvious and best choice. Randy Orton vs. Christian delivered in my opinion. I enjoyed the action but the storytelling is what stood out here. Christian is the new World Heavyweight Champion as Orton is DQ'd. Some people will hate it because they have this crazy idea that heels are supposed to be super badasses with an honorable side to them instead of being cheap, opportunistic jackals. John Cena vs. Punk was epic, just plain epic. It was a classic in my view and seeing Punk walk out as WWE Champion was not only a great moment but ended the ppv on a huge cliffhanger. Again, I may have given the match a slightly higher rating but it was just better than I expected it to be, it felt like an epic match and it had the perfect ending. If this doesn't pop a big rating for Raw tomorrow night, then I honestly don't know what else can be done. Helluva ppv and most definitely worth the money.

Grade: A+
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 07-17-2011, 10:15 PM
WWE Right Now=Same Ole Shit

ringthebell is a member of the JOB SQUAD
Default THE MAIN EVENT AT MITB MADE THIS ONE FOLKS

Don't get me wrong, this ppv scored a 9/10 for me. The reason: The ladder matches and of course the main event. The orton/christian match ended in a good ole fashioned WWE Bullshit DQ that I think everyone knew was going to happen, although I believe Christian will carry the title well.

Now when the music hit for Punk, the ppv completely rocketed up in the ratings game. The Chicago crowd was raucous as fuck. It reminded me of a good ole fashioned ECW in your fucking face crowd. They put so much heat on Cena that I thought Cena would get booed right out of the Allstate Arena. The match was intense, so many close counts and they absolutely exhausted themselves. Although, I am happy that CM Punk won here, and I would like to give a big FUCK YOU to Cena because as the Chicago crowd said it best, YOU CANT WRESTLE, YOU CANT WRESTLE!!! WHAT A PPV AND WHAT A LANDMARK NIGHT FOR THE WWE. CONGRATS CM PUNK.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Future Endeavored

ralphie9181 is looking to come up from OCW...

Wrestling Observer is calling it one of the best PPVs this company has ever produced and that is a long list of great shows. I absolutely agree, it felt like the good old days again. Hot crowd, hot angle, the matches that were supposed to be great were and the filler wasn't unwatchable. I feel like it's 1998 again. WWE has lightning in a bottle right now. All they have to do is follow through and they stand a shot at reinvigorating the business. This show made me proud to be a fan.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:19 PM

Daniel.Wood is looking to come up from OCW...

The crowd were indeed massively intense. Massive props to both guys, One hell of a match made better by 1) An amazing crowd and 2) An amazing storyline.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Future Endeavored

This main event was for us, not the 6 year olds, and women. It feels nice to have the company throw us hardcore fans a bone every now and then. Well wrestled by both men, I have much respect for Cena for going through with this to show an under appreciated talent like Punk that he does matter and is needed. All wrestling fans should remember today, because it was a good day, it was everything that is right about the business.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The_Reptile_ is looking to come up from OCW...The_Reptile_ is looking to come up from OCW...The_Reptile_ is looking to come up from OCW...The_Reptile_ is looking to come up from OCW...The_Reptile_ is looking to come up from OCW...The_Reptile_ is looking to come up from OCW...The_Reptile_ is looking to come up from OCW...

This PPV fucking sucked balls!

... Whoa whoa whoa, wait I a minute I'm kidding! Jesus.

Best PPV of the year WWE's had, and hell might be the best PPV of the year in general. Seriously.

Daniel Bryan was a mark out moment, Del Rio was exactly what needed to happen for him, I did not expect Christian to win it, and Punk getting the title and actually LEAVING with it will probably go on to be one of those timeless moments in WWE history.
Just hope Sin Cara's fine, he looked like he landed on that ladder pretty badly.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-17-2011, 10:27 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...

WWE fans experiencing something good again. Hot damn. It's like handing a Whopper to a guy who hasn't eaten anything in 5 years. I wonder if your view of what WWE has been doing for the last few years has changed. At least now we have something to compare it to, don't we?

MITB PPV vs Everything else WWE has done in half a decade.

Now do you see why I used to hate that fucking company? I'm saying used to because I'm back on board (until they blow it again, which I'm certain won't be soon so I'll enjoy it while it lasts).

The PPV was great. Well, the Punk match. I'm yet to watch the rest of the show, but with the results out I can already tell it was epic. They just gave the FANS (not the pre-schoolers) what we wanted. Christian, Punk, Bryan. Judging by the Punk match, we saw a great story play out and turn into an amazing match full of real EMOTION, PASSION and COMPETITIVENESS. There was the shock factor, the crowd, the in-ring athleticism and of course psychology. This is all we're asking for. Stories, matches, outcomes. Not dance offs. Not arm wrestling. Not midgets. Not tasteless skits. Just some rewarding product. Can't be too hard.

Last edited by Zeven_Zion : 07-17-2011 at 10:29 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

RkoMachine is looking to come up from OCW...RkoMachine is looking to come up from OCW...

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all know this means Punk has resigned in some way and will be back eventually (even though im sure he is taking time off) Cena gets a well deserved break while he's "fired" and we will most likely get a new title tommorow that will hopefully not look like a rapper's necklace! I dont know if i have ever been so excited for a RAW! I GUARANTEE i huge ratings boost from this! even casual fans will be tuning in to see what happens next! GREAT job WWE!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:30 PM
First Immortality..Then the Bitches
Knockout Champion

lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...

A very very solid ppv, I would go as far and say it was miles even beyond Wrestlemania. There was a very clear and distinct buzz surrounding this ppv and it really managed to deliver.

Both money in the bank ladder matches were great. Del Rio winning over on Raw was really the right move and Bryan winning on Smackdown was a big surprise, he was the last person on my mind that I figured WWE would give it to, everybody in the IWC jizzed their pants after that one.

Henry and Show was alright, I wasn't expecting a 5 star match but it did do what it was suppose to do and that was put Henry over. Nothing mind blowing but it was decent.

The World title match was pretty good. I'm a bit surprised they went with the DQ finish though, would have been nice if Christian went over clean but what can you do. I was expecting D. Bryan to come out after Orton beat down Christian,it just seemed that's what they were building up for.

Punk vs Cena had a slow start but the crowd easily made up for that. The atmosphere in the match was incredible and just made that match much more enjoyable to watch. Some good moments,liked the suplex to the outside,looked painful. I was on the edge of my seat near the end. Is Punk really going to tap? Is that how there going to finish it? Is Cena really going to win with an FU? Then Vince came out and I thought that something major was going to happen, and something did, Punk won and the reaction blew the roof off that place. I literally jumped out of my seat and scream in exhilaration. I couldn't figure out which route wwe was going to take with this and I'm so pleased with the result. Even now, wwe has created more questions than answers and I'm pumped to find out what happens tomorrow on Raw.

Overall,I'm very pleased with this ppv. The first ppv that wasn't Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania I've ordered in a long time and I am very satisfied. 5 stars for Money in the bank.

Here comes the pain!
sendpm.gif
Old 07-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Future Endeavored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeven_Zion View Post
WWE fans experiencing something good again. Hot damn. It's like handing a Whopper to a guy who hasn't eaten anything in 5 years. I wonder if your view of what WWE has been doing for the last few years has changed. At least now we have something to compare it to, don't we?

MITB PPV vs Everything else WWE has done in half a decade.

Now do you see why I used to hate that fucking company? I'm saying used to because I'm back on board (until they blow it again, which I'm certain won't be soon so I'll enjoy it while it lasts).

The PPV was great. Well, the Punk match. I'm yet to watch the rest of the show, but with the results out I can already tell it was epic. They just gave the FANS (not the pre-schoolers) what we wanted. Christian, Punk, Bryan. Can't complain there.
Absolutely correct about comparing it to everything they have done for like the last 5-6 years. It's like night and day how different this show felt and how good it was. It's almost like Vince woke up today and instead of saying "This is how I wanna book the show!" he said, "What is the best possible show we can put together for the fans?" bravo WWE