WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Devon 13 86.67%
Kurt Angle 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2012, 04:42 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default [Turning Point] Devon v. Kurt Angle

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turning Point 2012
Devon v. Kurt Angle

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All discussion here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...

Normally I would go with Kurt here, but being that this is a part of the A&8 plot, I can only see this ending in another brawl. Bully might be a factor in this for Kurt to win though.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Vince Russo Wasn't a Bad Guy #HEEL

3drinks is looking to come up from OCW...

Angle likes to put over talent and this rub stands to benefit Devon way more here. Not to mention that Angle doesn't lose anything even from a clean pinfall by Devon here. Just another way to keep Aces N' Eights gaining momentum.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:15 AM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

A win for Devon would really keep momentum going for Aces and Eights. I think somehow they interfere giving Devon the win. I could also see it ending with a brawl. I can't see Kurt going over in this one. I think Aces and Eights need this one much more than Kurt does.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-03-2012, 02:48 PM
3 Time Elite Openweight Champion
Million Dollar Champion

The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Don't really expect much here. All I ask is PLEASE let Devon go over clean and DON'T TURN THIS INTO A BRAWL BETWEEN ACES & EIGHTS AND THE TNA ROSTER! I think both need a win but Devon needs the clean victory to even look like a credible top guy in a stable. Gotta go Devon on this one.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:31 PM

Duke is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post

Turning Point 2012
Devon v. Kurt Angle

All discussion here.
Devon has to get the win or Bully will finally join the stable and become the leader. I pretty much expected him to be part of the troupe during BFG.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-03-2012, 10:56 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

Had you told me a year ago that I'd be looking at a situation where Devon would be the "right" choice to go over Kurt Angle, I'd have told you you were insane, but he is absolutely the right choice here. He's being booked as a top guy with Aces and Eights, and as such, considering the infancy of the angle still, his victory here is essential to his credibility with respect to where he is supposed to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-04-2012, 01:08 AM
#DemBoys

RawIsJericho is looking to come up from OCW...

I really like the choice they have made here. I don't have any problem with Devon and his reveal etc, but he's not the greatest in the ring and on PPV's especially I want good quality matches, so pairing him up with Kurt who could drag my lazy ass to a PPV quality match is a good call.

Expecting Devon to go over here, not expecting anything clean, but please give me something more than just 5 Aces and Eights guys storm the ring and jump Angle.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-04-2012, 05:29 AM
WOOOAHHH-OH!

Machianzo is looking to come up from OCW...

I am actually really, really excited for this match. I am really excited. Let me tell you why, if you can spare a moment.

Last year we saw the rise of the greatest heel in TNA to date - Bully Ray. While he didn't win the big one, he was in many high profile feuds, drew massive amounts of heat, and was generally the biggest dickhead to every grace the impact zone. He also gave us many memorable matches. How did all of this start? His split from Devon.

Now, while I know many members of this forum ain't all that warmed up to Devon, we haven't seen him play a singles wrestler heel since his WWE days. If Bully Ray was proof of anything, it's that a wrestler can reinvent their persona, refine it, and reach previously unimagined levels of success.

Last week on Impact, Devon was drawing massive heat. Now you could argue with me that the heat drawn was due to Aces and Eights being with him, and I can't dispute that. However, you can't tell me this isn't a solid start for Devon, a man who was getting a decent face reaction during his TV champ run.

This match could further springboard Devon's heel turn, and with any luck for TNA, he might just turn out to have as much untapped heel potential as Bubba did. Devon is in great shape for his age, (I'd say better than Bubba) and has never been a bad wrestler. This match some great story telling potential in the ring, and just all round makes me excited to see how it ends.

I'm looking for Devon to go over here, but until what I think will be the inevitable DQ end, I'm also looking forward to what could be a great (and fresh) wrestling match between these two.

Last edited by Machianzo : 11-04-2012 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Typo
sendpm.gif
Old 11-04-2012, 08:44 AM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I personally just don't buy into Devon as a top guy. I know that TNA is trying hard to make it seem like that Devon belongs here but, in my opinion, he really doesn't.

That being said, Devon needs to go over here since TNA is putting almost all of its collective eggs in Aces & Eight's basket. In a way, Devon vs. Angle is sort of the first "legit" match that Aces & Eights have had as fully recognized members of the roster, given their victory at BFG, so having Devon lose here, again in my opinion, obliterates whatever momentum they've got going for them.

I don't expect much from this match in terms of quality. It'll probably be ok for what it is but I expect tons of interference from A&E that results in Devon getting the win. I just don't see Angle losing to Devon in anything resembling a clean pin.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif