WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-26-2016, 08:02 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE Payback - Vince, Stephanie & Shane

It was announced during last night's Raw that Vince McMahon will make a decision this Sunday on who will be "running" Raw: Stephanie or Shane.

I have a feeling that Vince's decision will be that both of them run Raw with the story, on the surface, being a competition between the two siblings as to who puts together more entertaining parts of the show while, beneath the surface, it builds up to a potential match with Triple H at SummerSlam in which the future of Raw is on the line: If Trips wins, then Shane disappears with Stephanie, or the Authority, once again being back in power while, if Shane wins, the Authority comes to an end with Stephanie and Triple H disappearing as on-screen characters for a long while.

I just hope this segment doesn't unnecessarily drag on and on for 20+ minutes as such segments can suck the energy out of a ppv. Most of WWE's promo segments for the past month have been around 10 to 12 minutes with everyone getting their point across and telling their message so I'm hoping that this will be no different. However, I'm not holding my breath because I just have this feeling it'll go a lot longer than it needs to because Vince is out there and he'll be deciding "the future" of Raw.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:19 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Is Vince going to do a Brand Split again? I don't think so, not yet, this has to be built up slowly.

Vince in kayfabe, knows that Shane has been doing a better work than Stephanie, so yeah, like you said, a competition between the two for the next month is very likely.

Imagine if Vince says that each of them will run 2 RAWs up until the next PPV. The RAWs with the better ratings or overall approval, will determine the winner. It would be great if fans were to buy into this storyline and tune in on RAW to watch Shane, thus giving him better ratings, but tune out when Stephanie is in charge.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:53 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

For my money, any Authority angle automatically depletes my excitement the second I see them. Everyone loves to watch villains get their come-uppance, I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed not like about the Authority besides the fact that they're bland as all Hell. They push Roman Reigns around sometimes, well big frappin' hoo haw. If they want real heat they should go after an IWC darling like AJ Styles.

I really don't see how Vince making a "decision" is supposed to sell a PPV. Shane is apparently making people happy, but I don't think anyone is going to lose sleep over the idea that Steph might run Raw.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:11 AM
Roman2Dope

johnnysherman55 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think the brand split would be cool and I think that's the route they need to take. The Authority gets Raw because Shane lost at WM. Shane gets SmackDown. Raw Roster: Reigns, Cena, Orton, Wyatts, Owens, Zayn, Rollins, Ambrose, Cestro, and New Day. SmackDown: Balor Club, Styles, Samoa Joe, Nakamura, Crews, Aries, Roode, Ibushi. Raw titles are WWE title, I.C. Title, World Tag Team Titles, women's title, and bring back the hardcore title. SmackDown titles are World Heavyweight title, U.S. Title, WWE Tag team titles, bring back the cruiser weight title, and why not have a World Cup kinda like Njpw G1 and have before Summerslam and save money in the bank for the end of the year. Change the set for each show make them unique and have brand exclusive ppvs to make raw or smackdown titles changes mean more. This amazing to see I wish it would happen!
Old 04-26-2016, 10:46 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...

I feel like Vince will announce "family united" will run RAW, and we already know where this is going, but if they want to get a real shocker, they have Heyman and Bischoff for that.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:27 AM
Knockout Champion

MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...

Personally I would like to see the return of the brand split, With Vince accepting the fact that Shane is the better choice to Run Raw on a weekly basis. Obviously Steph won't be to happy about that, so to keep her and HHH happy, Vince will give them control of the rest of the company.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:56 PM

dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm over the whole general manager Authority storylines. They were fun for a little while but WWE has a habit of making the person in charge the focus of the show, and it gets old really quick. Id be OK watching Shane and Stephanie have to try and cohabitate to RAW for awhile, it was pretty funny back in the day when Flair was brought in as co-owner watching him and Vince trying to one up each other. That's probably the route they're going to go have Shane and Stephanie run it together, leading up to a winner takes all later on down the line.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:18 PM

Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think it's going to turn into Vince saying Shane and Stephanie will both run Raw. He'll say Shane has done a good job and has gotten some great reaction to his shows, where he'll say Stephanie is just Stephanie.

They'll go back and forth over how the show will be run over the course of the next few weeks, and eventually it'll lead to Triple H vs Shane at Summerslam where if Trips wins, him and Steph control Raw, if Shane wins, he controls Raw. Or Shane will pick someone to take his place. Enter: Returning Seth Rollins.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:03 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Pre-show bullshit as far as I'm concerned. Vince could tell us this in a Tweet, and not what will prove to be a 25 minute promo.

Bold prediction: It'll be as long winded as every Authority segment.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:19 AM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

This smells like a shitty brand split in the making. It will be fun and exciting at first, but eventually fail and stretch thin like last time.

RMK