WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlezolympics '10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who SURVIVES?
Kenta Kobashi (JAP) 17 43.59%
Antonio Inoki (JAP) 13 33.33%
Mitsuharu Misawa (JAP) 20 51.28%
Jushin Liger (JAP) 8 20.51%
El Santo (MEX) 8 20.51%
El Canek (MEX) 3 7.69%
Rey Mysterio (MEX) 9 23.08%
Eddie Guerrero (MEX) 12 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...
Default Rd. 2 Survivor Series Match - Team Japan (JAP) vs Team Mexico (MEX)

Team Japan (JAP)
Inoki, Kobashi, Liger, Misawa

vs

Team Mexico (MEX)
Santo, Canek, Mysterio, Guerrero

This is a second round 4-on-4 Survivor Series Match in the 2010 Wrestlezolympics. This match follows traditional Survivor Series rules. Once one team has eliminated all 4 men on the opposing team via pinfall, submission, count-out, or DQ, the match ends, and the surviving team advances.

The match will open for discussion on Friday, February 12th, and voting will begin on Saturday, February 13th. This is a non-spam thread, so if you decide to post, you must provide reasons why you are backing a particular wrestler. You may vote without posting.

To make discussion interesting, please take the time to explain who wins / loses falls and who the surviving wrestlers will be.

WHEN VOTING, YOU MAY ONLY VOTE FOR MEMBERS OF ONE TEAM OR THE OTHER. ONLY VOTE FOR THOSE WRESTLERS YOU FEEL WILL SURVIVE AND BE STANDING AT THE END OF THE MATCH!!!
sendpm.gif
Old 02-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Don't thank me; I've done nothing
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

I don't really know enough about Mexican wrestlers outside of the Guerreros and Mysterios but that Japanese line-up just looks fearsome. The sheer endurance and hard hitting of Kobashi, Inoki and Misawa I think is enough to overcome the high flying of the Mexicans.

I think Mysterio and Eddie might be able to take down Liger but the combination of Roaring Elbows, Burning Hammers and Tiger Suplexes will be enough to give Japan a comfortable victory.

Survivors: Inoki, Kobashi and Misawa
Old 02-12-2010, 08:14 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Honestly I see all the Japanese guys going through no offense to el canek or santo. The Japanese team is just too strong and too well rounded. The team is practically staked with some of the biggest and best legends of the sport, no offense to santo etc. The Japanese team is just too physically and mentally tough.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Nome is where your heart is
ROH Pure Champion

INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to INDYjon22

With much respect to Team Mexico, Team Japan is a superior team. I don't think this match would be a total blow out but it would be one sided. Santo and Canek would get eliminated by Kenta and Misawa. Then Liger would eliminate Rey, Eddie would come in and eliminate Liger. After that, Eddie would have an insurmountable uphill battle. Inoki could go hold for hold with Eddie, but even if he was eliminated Eddie would fall victim to Misawa or Kenta. The Japanese team is just better then the Mexican team.

Survivors: Misawa, Kenta, Inoki
Old 02-13-2010, 12:59 AM
.you.lose.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm currently undecided on this one. I really think it comes completely down to the order of elimination, as both teams have a "Hulk Hogan" guy that a fan of either would argue wouldn't be taken out easily at all.

The big question is: what happens when Hulk Hogan faces Hulk Hogan?

Rey and Liger are the guys that will get picked off first. Then probably Guerrero and Misawa. I really don't know about Canek/Santo vs Inoki/Kobashi though. I'm gonna do some research on them and come back to this.

Really both teams bring an incredibly large amount of credibility and talent to this match, and Mexico shouldn't be overlooked just on the current status of Rey Mysterio or an "overrated" Eddie.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-13-2010, 01:44 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate916 View Post
I'm currently undecided on this one. I really think it comes completely down to the order of elimination, as both teams have a "Hulk Hogan" guy that a fan of either would argue wouldn't be taken out easily at all.

The big question is: what happens when Hulk Hogan faces Hulk Hogan?

Rey and Liger are the guys that will get picked off first. Then probably Guerrero and Misawa. I really don't know about Canek/Santo vs Inoki/Kobashi though. I'm gonna do some research on them and come back to this.

Really both teams bring an incredibly large amount of credibility and talent to this match, and Mexico shouldn't be overlooked just on the current status of Rey Mysterio or an "overrated" Eddie.
Ugh tired of the Jr. Heavyweights being considered the sacrificially lambs of sorts. Liger is imo definitely a better in ring worker than 3 of his opponents and perhaps even the fourth, and from what I can see from the posts of others he is apparently believed to be "the weak link" of his team. Now if the weak link is able to best a majority of the competitors then the rest of his team should do a even more capable job and therefore this team should definitely go through, it's just to what degree they'll excel. As I said I believe it possible for the entire Japanese team to go through and that is with the utmost respect for their opponents. And btw I don't prescribe to a strictly "kayfabe" rational to voting: booking, non-kayfabe history, personal entertainment, culture, work rate, career ability/adaptability, legacy etc all factor into my opinions.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-13-2010, 02:20 AM
.you.lose.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...

And yet, strictly being a better in ring worker does not equal a win. If this were the case, Randy Savage would repeatedly be put over Hulk Hogan. I am not counting out Liger, simply stating that in the grand scheme of things Rey Mysterio and Eddie are possibly being counted out as well.

I do agree that Japan looks to have the superior team, and am not committing myself to voting against them, however I wish to really look into the guys that I do not know enough about before my vote is swayed to the team that "looks" better. In some cases, (NOT all, NOT even most, but a select few) the team that "looks" better isn't in fact the better team. I do not know enough about El Canek to really factor him in or out of this match, other than from reading the other posts in this tournament. I only know El Santo as the "Hulk Hogan" of Mexican wrestling. So, I'll refrain from voting until I am sure I can make a correct assessment.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-13-2010, 03:33 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate916 View Post
And yet, strictly being a better in ring worker does not equal a win. If this were the case, Randy Savage would repeatedly be put over Hulk Hogan. I am not counting out Liger, simply stating that in the grand scheme of things Rey Mysterio and Eddie are possibly being counted out as well.

I do agree that Japan looks to have the superior team, and am not committing myself to voting against them, however I wish to really look into the guys that I do not know enough about before my vote is swayed to the team that "looks" better. In some cases, (NOT all, NOT even most, but a select few) the team that "looks" better isn't in fact the better team. I do not know enough about El Canek to really factor him in or out of this match, other than from reading the other posts in this tournament. I only know El Santo as the "Hulk Hogan" of Mexican wrestling. So, I'll refrain from voting until I am sure I can make a correct assessment.
A) Hogan was a good in ring worker in as much as he drew money and knew good "ring psychology" B) Liger imo is better than Rey and Eddie any day of the week so just cause they go out means nothing, at least not to me.C) Like I've already said I don't vote based entirely on kayfabe outcomes and histories which are themselves based on the non-kayfabe booking decisions influenced by backstage politics, injuries, and situational circumstance. The win-loss records of these these men, the most phony aspect of the deal, usually plays the least part in my decisions and subsequent votes.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-13-2010, 03:15 PM
RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Undisputed WWE Champion

X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via AIM to X Send a message via MSN to X

Moderately easy victory for Japan here, as they have easily the most talented team of all of the teams in this tournament, with only Canada really even coming close. There are some solid guys on the Mexican team, but none of them are as good as the Kobashi-Misawa tandem, you throw in Inoki and Liger? Yeah, that team is NOT fucking losing.

In the end, I imagine Misawa and Kobashi will be the last two standing, giving Team Japan the win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman Sam View Post
Women crying with blood all over them. Just how I like them.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-14-2010, 02:16 AM
[This Space for Rent]
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to TheOneBigWill

I know almost nothing about either side, except for the love-fest of Misawa and Kobashi that I read through in the other round(s). Mix that in with the fact I know about Liger and have seen/heard of Inoki's legendary status.. I'm giving Team Japan a full-out clean sweep.

I don't know El Santo, or El Canek, but I do know Mysterio and Guerrero will likely be the two many feel are the team's heart and soul. With that being said, Mysterio isn't better than Liger, and Guerrero can't out-do the awesomeness that I've been told Misawa with-holds.

While I've already voted for Team Japan in a blowout. I would like someone to inform me of El Santo and El Canek, for future reference in not flatout voting against them. Especially if their status in this business is meant to be greater than Mysterio or Guerrero.

Be Happy, Have Faith, Believe That ALL Things Are Possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
There are a lot of retards in this world, it only takes one of them to lick an elevator button for all of us to be fucked.
sendpm.gif