WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlezolympics '10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Kenta Kobashi vs Shawn Michaels, Ironman Match
Kenta Kobashi 46 48.94%
Shawn Michaels 48 51.06%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...
Default Rd. 1 Ironman - Kenta Kobashi (JAP) vs Shawn Michaels (USA)

Kenta Kobashi (JAP) vs Shawn Michaels (USA)

This is a first round Ironman Match in the 2010 Wrestlezolympics. As a first round match, the match will last 30 minutes, and the competitor with the most falls in that time will win. If the score is tied after 30 minutes, sudden death overtime will ensue following a 45-second rest period. First fall will win from there. This match is contested under otherwise normal rules - if a wrestler is disqualified or counted-out, they will lose a fall.

The match will open for discussion on Monday, January 25th, and voting will begin on Wednesday, January 27th. This is a non-spam thread, so if you decide to post, you must provide reasons why you are backing a particular wrestler. You may vote without posting.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-25-2010, 10:11 AM
WZCW Veteran
WWE Diva's Champion

Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I am going to take Shawn Michaels on this one. Kenta Kobashi is no slack and is a tough task, but these are the type of matches that Shawn Michaels lives for. He is the show stopper and always comes up big in these type of matches on the grandest stage. In 30 minutes I expect Shawn to either win 2-1 or win in sudden death overtime, but it should be a great match.

credit to Red Skull!
sendpm.gif
Old 01-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

No doubt Shawn Michaesl would get pounded on for a good 20 minutes before he miraculously scores a pinfall for the victory, oh no wait, the first fall. I'm not an expert on endurance, but I'm certain nobody can get pounded on like HBK get's pounded on for an hour and still come out with a victory.

Kobashi has a weight advantage and he's also used to long, physically taxing matches.

In the one Iron Man match I've seen Michaels participate in, he spent 45 minutes thinking up moves to do in the final 15 minutes and he still couldn't get the job done against a similarly sized opponent in the alloted time.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Gone but never forgotten.
Mr. Money in the Bank

D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to D-Man Send a message via MSN to D-Man

Kobashi is a powerhouse with tons of stamina. For those who aren't familiar, most Japanese wrestlers still follow the path of the "old school" and rely on stamina in their matches in the same way that Ricky Steamboat and Ric Flair used to. This can prove to be extremely dangerous for HBK.

However, we all know that Michaels had a classic clinic with Bret Hart, one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, and came out with a victory. But, he was only able to score one pinfall against the legend, and that was in overtime. Some may feel this makes HBK weak, but you also need to take into consideration that he didn't get pinned in that time period, either. So this shows his superior resiliency. On the other hand, Bret was also a much smaller opponent than Kobashi and he was less powerful. It's a real see-saw, statistical battle here.

Kobashi just seems more well-rounded here. HBK is famous for his work in the Ironman match at WM, but really did nothing in that match to convince me that in a kayfabe world, he'd be able to score multiple pinfalls on Kobashi... especially enough of them to be more than what Kobashi is capable of doing.

Maybe I've got to give this some more thought...

Click for Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696
Let's IP ban you and find out. Who the fuck are you kidding? Do you really think you understand the situation better than I do? Fuck off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal
I will say it though, this would be pretty fucking cool if it didnt suck ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC25 View Post
Wait...a SMILEY with a LIGHTSABER!? God, no! Anything but that!
Are you going to hurl your virginity at me next???
sendpm.gif
Old 01-25-2010, 12:38 PM
WWE European Champion

Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dr. Of Ballernomics View Post
I am going to take Shawn Michaels on this one. Kenta Kobashi is no slack and is a tough task, but these are the type of matches that Shawn Michaels lives for. He is the show stopper and always comes up big in these type of matches on the grandest stage. In 30 minutes I expect Shawn to either win 2-1 or win in sudden death overtime, but it should be a great match.
Kid, give me a break; you obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Hmm...am I going to take someone who weighs 190 pounds and whose one noted Iron Man match consisted of a ton of rest holds, or am I going to go with someone who weighs 265 pounds but can go for 45 minutes at non-stop full-speed in his sleep?

Kobashi punishes Michaels in every way imaginable. Of course, I'll be making a longer post in this thread, but I couldn't help myself from responding to the bullshit that's already been posted. Oh, and along with my post, I'll be linking some awesome Kobashi matches which I'm sure none of you will watch but will say you did so you can say Shawn Michaels is better .
Old 01-25-2010, 01:33 PM
More Comfortable with the Seesawing
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

I'm split here. Kobashi is a legend, period. At the same time though, this is Shawn Michaels. He couldn't draw to save his life, but the man could put on some damn fine wrestling matches and made his career out of miraculous comebacks. The key thing is Shawn has to only get one fall to win and then he can run. That being said, it's Kobashi. If you've never seen it, watch his match with Samoa Joe. It's a damn performance to say the least. I'm split still and don't know who I'm going for yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

LascoX is looking to come up from OCW...LascoX is looking to come up from OCW...

Micheals comes at him like a chainsaw attacking a petrified log. Dispite his best efforts after 25 minutes Shawn takes the fall as the fatigued Micheals cannot kick the bigger opponant off.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-25-2010, 02:18 PM

No Hype is looking to come up from OCW...

I am going with Michaels on this one. I have seen both of these men wrestle in person and if this match ever took place it could sell out the new cowboys stadium. Kobashi is no slouch but HBK has done the impossible and will continue to. All he has to do is slap on the figer-four leg lock and Kobashi's bad knees will make him tap.

Yes Shawn's back is shot but Kenta isn't exactly a spring chicken he has had as many surgeries has Shawn and Shawn's submission is designed to put pressure on the lower body which is Kenta's weak point.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
TNA Champion

Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via AIM to Little Jerry Lawler Send a message via MSN to Little Jerry Lawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Hype View Post
I am going with Michaels on this one. I have seen both of these men wrestle in person and if this match ever took place it could sell out the new cowboys stadium. Kobashi is no slouch but HBK has done the impossible and will continue to. All he has to do is slap on the figer-four leg lock and Kobashi's bad knees will make him tap.

Yes Shawn's back is shot but Kenta isn't exactly a spring chicken he has had as many surgeries has Shawn and Shawn's submission is designed to put pressure on the lower body which is Kenta's weak point.
How many times has HBK used the figure four and how many times has somebody tapped to it? I don't think anybody so Kobashi is not going to submit to it. Kobashi will have Michaels fighting for his life and if HBK couldn't get a pinfall over Bret Hart in 60 minutes, what makes you think he will get one over a stronger and possibly better opponent in thirty minutes. I say Kobashi will win this with a score of 3-1.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:52 PM

No Hype is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Jerry Lawler View Post
How many times has HBK used the figure four and how many times has somebody tapped to it? I don't think anybody so Kobashi is not going to submit to it.
True it is not used as often but in recent years it has become much more prevalent in HBK's move set and HBK has made submissions victories with it, and could again especially with Kobashi's horrible knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Jerry Lawler View Post
Kobashi will have Michaels fighting for his life and if HBK couldn't get a pinfall over Bret Hart in 60 minutes, what makes you think he will get one over a stronger and possibly better opponent in thirty minutes. I say Kobashi will win this with a score of 3-1.
Because during that time Hart could get a fall over Micheal's either. Shawn might not be the biggest dog in the fight but I have never seen a bigger fight in the dog. That being said Shawn isn't going to make this a brawl so I call Shawn making the first fall and then avoiding Kobashi for the remainder of the match.