WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > WrestleZone Interactive > The Writing Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-28-2017, 05:32 AM
Reaper of Miracles
World Heavyweight Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

I'll jump on this too. Hard to limit the card to just 8 matches though.

Opener - Elimination Chamber: Dusty Rhodes vs Randy Savage vs Sting vs Randy Orton vs Bobo Brazil vs Dick the Bruiser

I prefer the EC to the Wargames. These are 6 of my all time favorite wrestlers that I couldn't find a place for in singles competition. I think just about all of these guys would have great chemistry with each other. Bruiser would be the monster. Savage and Sting could pull off the aerial spots. Dusty and Bobo would be the crowd favorites. And Orton would be the snake in the grass waiting to pick the bones of any injured opponent.

Tag Team Match - [Harley Race and Ric Flair] vs [Triple H and Shawn Michaels]

NWA vs WWE. Old school versus new school. Trips admired Race. Michaels admired Flair. Can the students defeat the masters? I think the promos leading up to the match would be fantastic. Especially a gritty and hungry Shawn opposite a prime Flair.

Tag Team Match - [Nick Bockwinkel and The Rock] vs [Verne Gagne and John Cena]

AWA/WWE crossover. Rivals Gagne and Bock taking on rivals Cena and Rock. Not to mention a clash in styles. Rock and Cena were brawlers, while Gagne and Bock were more technical. But despite that, all four men were very flexible and I believe the action would be tremendous. Not to mention the promos. Gagne wasn't known for being the best talker, but Bock ranks up there with the best of them.

Singles Match - Andre the Giant vs The Undertaker

Two of the best all around big men of all time. Two of the most dominant and iconic big men of all time. And two of my favorites. Watching Undertaker chokeslam Andre or Andre hitting Taker with his own Tombstone would definitely put smiles on my face.

Singles Match: No Disqualification - Wild Bill Longson vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

Two of the best brawlers in history. Both of these men were as tough as they came. The piledriver or the stunner? This match would be an absolute war to watch. With the added No DQ stip throwing the rule book out the window, who knows what could happen.

Singles Match - Bruno Sammartino vs Brock Lesnar

Lots of similarities between these two: both were big, inhumanly strong, possessed almost otherworldly stamina, and both could fight for real. Bruno wouldn't fear the Beast. He was the baddest of the bad after all. But could Brock take that title from him?

Singles Match: 2 out of 3 Falls - Lou Thesz vs Kurt Angle

I feel like this one is a bit cliche, like Strangler Lewis vs Lou Thesz. Then again, Kurt Angle is the closest thing the modern wrestling world has had to a Lou Thesz. As far as wrestling ability goes. What a contest this would be. This would be a grappling match for the ages.

Main Event - Jim Londos vs Hulk Hogan

Jim Londos in the 30's was basically a wrestling God. The boom in business he created was unprecedented. Very much like the boom Hogan generated in the 80's. The material on Londos is limited, but from what I have seen he's good. He wasn't a large man, about Daniel Bryan's size, but yet fans saw him as being practically invincible and unbeatable. Next to a behemoth like Hogan, would that cause fans to second guess him? It would make for a great story. Could the great champion overcome Hulkamania, or would the Hulkster prove that size is everything?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:39 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

Opener - NWA Television Championship Match - The Great Muta (c) vs Daniel Bryan

I love the idea of prestige being granted to mid-card titles, and I'd want to set the bar high in the beginning of a show. These two would be high energy to get the crowd pumped up and it wouldn't be too over the top and thus overshadow the rest of the matches.

Match #2 - I Quit Match - George Hackenshmidt vs Rusev

I like to match styles in my imagination to see who does it better. My Grandpa was a big fan of prowrestling, and he let me know that George Hackenshmidt was the greatest wrestler of his time. I see Rusev as being the closest type of performer to an athlete who is an even balance of technique and strength. This one might be a bathroom break for some as it'd likely involve a lot of rest holds, but I for one would want to see who would come out on top.

Match #3 - Last Man Standing Match - Killer Kowalski vs Bruiser Brody

This one is meant to balance the match before it, where instead of an overly technical match the fans will be treated to a brutal beatdown where both men will likely trade stiff punches and chops. The rules will state explicitly that this match cannot end in a no contest. The first man to be unable to answer a ten count will lose, and if both men are down then the winner will be the first man to make it to his feet.

Match #4 - WWF Women's Championship Match - Stephanie McMahon (c) vs Akira Hokuto

I've probably hated on Steph more than anyone else on this forum, but she's proven that she can put on an amazing match even after taking time off. We have some great female athletes in the WWE today, but Steph is the only person that I could see taking someone of Akira Hokuto's caliber to the limit. Akira Hokuto was the top badass of an entire roster of badass women, and taking on the Billion Dollar Princess would be a significant feather in her cap. Given the passion that McMahon's tend to have in the ring, I could see this one putting the rest of the card on notice.

Match #5 - NWA Tag Team Championship Match - The Revival vs The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn and Ole Anderson) (c)

I know that Revival is still pretty fresh, but they've established themselves as a no-nonsense pair of bruisers who can adapt to any opponent's style. If they ran into Arn and Ole Anderson in their prime, it would be nothing short of a barn burner. Arn and Ole would likely cut blazing promos, and Revival would seek to remind them of why it's a mistake to take them lightly.

Match #6 - Elimination Tag Team Match - The Shield vs The Von Erichs (David, Kevin and Kerry)

The Von Erichs didn't need to be in Texas to steal a show, this family was revered world-wide and were the sole reason for the explosion of success that WCCW enjoyed in their heyday. David could overpower the toughest men, Kerry could out-finesse his most technically gifted opponents, and - among other talents - Kevin could set the crowd on fire with a pre-match promo. The Shield would have their own vocal fanbase as well, and would use cunning and strategy to try to out-wit one of prowrestling's proudest families.

Match #7 - NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match - Triple H vs Jumbo Tsuruta (c)

In his later years, Triple H has shown his love for the traditional aspect of prowrestling. He's established himself as an all-around main-eventer, and I can think of a no more appropriate equivalent to his potential than Jumbo Tsuruta. The two would measure each other and put on a clinic for the fans of old-school technical wrestling. I'm imagining that Harley Race would be in Triple H's corner and Giant Baba would be in Tsuruta's corner. Having a belt as prestigious as the NWA championship on the line would make the match about more than just pride, both men would be trying to set the bar higher than it's ever been before.

Match #8 - WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match - John Cena vs Bruno Sammartino (c)

I'm sure that there's nobody on this forum who isn't aware of my hatred for John Cena. Even though my scorn for him cannot be measured, in the continuity of pro-wrestling, he epitomizes the idea of being "the man" more than anybody else. He's been a WWE mainstay, but I know that if any other promotion got him that they'd have to put their top belt on him right away. The only other person that I know of who can compare to that type of status is Bruno Sammartino. While John may have been obnoxious at one point in his career, he reached his zenith as someone who willingly carried all of pro-wrestling on his shoulders. It would answer a lot of questions for fans if they could see both men in their prime have a match, and thus be able to see who would win that match.

Last edited by enviousdominous : 06-28-2017 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:22 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

1. The ELITE (Young Bucks & Kenny Omega) vs. The Shield (Reigns, Ambrose, Rollins)

Omega probably the 3rd or 4th best pro-wrestler on planet Earth right now with what is a tag team that revolutionized the entire landscape of pro wrestling. The Shield: 1x (First) NXT Champ. 6x WWE Champs. 2x MITB Winners. 3x U.S Champs. 2x IC Champs, 1x WWE Tag Team Champs, CZW World Champ x2, ROH x1, 4 Mania Main events, and a whole lot more.

This match has only become increasingly relevant over the last 2 or 3 years and even if it went bad it could still be an absolutely amazing match.

2. John Cena vs. Tanahashi

I don't think I have to explain this one. Especially looking at Cena now and Tanahashi in his prime. These two aren't any of my personal favorites, but I would be invested in this match the first 30 seconds I knew it existed. This would probably be one of the 1st times in years I go out of my way to watch something live.

3. Kenta Kobashi vs. Samoa Joe

These two already had a 5 star classic in ROH when Kenta came to the United States. Kobashi is one of the absolute best and in his prime You could make one hell of an argument in support of Samoa Joe. I'd love to watch another one absolutely blow away the crowd on a bit of a bigger stage.

4. HBK vs. AJ Styles (2 Out of 3 Falls)

Prime HBK vs Styles right before his Royal Rumble debut would be a main event that could not only headline Wrestlemania, but also Wrestle Kingdom. The psychology is there, but so is everything you could want physically.

5. Jimmy Havoc vs. Terry Funk (Texas Death Match)

This is a personal one. I'm only putting it right before the main event, because I wouldn't want this match to be in between anything else if I was personally watching. Jimmy and Terry Funk combined would absolutely decimate each other and somehow tell a better story than any of the matches on this card. In a Texas Death Match once you pin your opponent he has 10 seconds to get up. If they fail to get up they lose the match.

6. Brock Lesnar vs Shibata (60 Minutes)

In a perfect world where Lesnar and Shibata are in their prime and are stiff, but still trying to put on a spectacle I'd want this match over any of the others. Having these two brutal men go head to head would be enough for me to watch it alone. This 60 minutes would be a surreal hour of anyone's life watching let alone the two in the ring.

There are tons of matches that have never happened and never will that'd I'd love to see. As well as some that have occurred that I'd enjoy in better circumstances. I'd rather just have a big, but somewhat still intimate venue with an absolutely stacked 6 match card and plenty of time for these guys to work.