WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-21-2017, 06:35 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

Best show this weekend and like always the matches were given time and none of the losers looked weak unlike the crap we got at Shitterslam.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:49 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

A great display of wrestling with variety of different matches. A couple of results were headscratching but that's just a personal pet peeve. Adam Cole along with Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish was an awesome way to debut and have an immediate impact. Really happy to see Drew McIntyre win the title. You know, the best of 3MB won NXT Title and the worst is World Champion.

Asuka's injury might change some plans but I felt that Ember Moon could be called up soon. All in all, a very good event.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:02 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Just caught up with the latest episode. Another good match between Johnny Gargano & Andrade Cien Almas. Don't know where this leads for Gargano. Ciampa isn't coming anytime soon because of his injury. Peyton winning was a surprise as I expected Nikki Cross to win. Lars Sullivan is such a beast. I wonder who slays this beast? I've no idea.

Street Profits are fun but I would like to see more.

Excited for the Undisputed Era (Still don't get the name.) Vs. SAnitY next week. Also,expecting Ember Moon to qualify for the title match.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:55 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
Just caught up with the latest episode. Another good match between Johnny Gargano & Andrade Cien Almas. Don't know where this leads for Gargano. Ciampa isn't coming anytime soon because of his injury. Peyton winning was a surprise as I expected Nikki Cross to win. Lars Sullivan is such a beast. I wonder who slays this beast? I've no idea.

Street Profits are fun but I would like to see more.

Excited for the Undisputed Era (Still don't get the name.) Vs. SAnitY next week. Also,expecting Ember Moon to qualify for the title match.
While it's true Ciampa won't be back soon, I think that this is all part of a slow burn for Gargano. For instance, I could see Gargano ultimately manage to journey back towards prominence in a way where it truly seems like he's "gotten over" Ciampa's betrayal only for Ciampa to make his return and do something to cost Gargano dearly, thus bringing all those months of frustration and struggle right back to the forefront.

I also expected Nikki to win, I think they're still planning to put her in an extremely strong position otherwise I don't think they'd protect her so much whenever she does come up short.

It's a lot of fun watching Lars Sullivan, the guy's just this burly beast, a surprisingly eloquently speaking one at that, and I can see them positioning him for a match at the next TakeOver. I would say that Aleister Black is a likely choice, but it's all but guaranteed that Black will be taking on the Velveteen Dream at the event. Maybe Hideo Itami or Kassius Ohno? Either would present Sullivan with his toughest challenge to date and I think both are realistic choices at this point. Itami is no longer the priority he was as he's spent more time out injured than being an active member of the roster; as a result, a lot of other talented wrestlers have come along so it's not as though time could just stand still. As for Ohno, he strikes me as someone that's settling into the role of gatekeeper in NXT; while he can still deliver high quality in the ring, he's almost 38 years old, he's about 65 lbs. heavier than he was just a few years ago and I wouldn't be surprised if he saw the writing on the wall. I don't think it's likely he'll wind up on the main roster, so I see him staying in this role for another year or two before possibly retiring and taking a job as a trainer or coach at the PC, possibly as a talent scout or as a producer.

The NXT product is just so consistently smooth with coherent booking. Stephanie McMahon recently said something in an interview in which she stated that fans are the ones who determine the direction of WWE. After realizing that I hadn't suffered a stroke over how absurd such a statement was, I realized that it is something that's at work in NXT. I've watched NXT since getting the WWE Network and it's obvious that Triple H does pay attention to the fans and who they respond to as a means of helping determine who to feature and push. You know, using common sense based on the reactions of the people who're paying their money to watch rather than using his father in law's method of trying to tell fans who they should be invested in just because he likes them.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 11-18-2017, 10:52 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

NXT Takeover War Games

This show had a pretty strong card on paper and looked like it would be real fun. We saw the return of a match not seen for 20 years and we also have new champions. Let's take a look at each of the matches at this event.

Kassius Ohno VS Lars Sullivan
Glad this was first, to get it out of the way. Both guys are extremely uninteresting. Lars is the slightly less boring of the two so him winning was fine. Worst match of the night.

Aleister Black VS Velveteen Dream
Wow, where in the heck did THIS match come from!? I was not expecting such a good match out of these two guys. Shockingly good. I mean, I like Aleister Black, but Velveteen Dream surprised me in this match. I still can't stand the guy, however he did a good job. The mind games were well done by both guys. Black winning and still acknowledging his opponent afterwards was certainly the right call.

Ember Moon VS Kairi Sane VS Nikki Cross VS Peyton Royce [NXT Women's Championship]
This was awesome. All four women were very impressive in the match and the fact that all four were deserving of the title opportunity made it all the better. Ember winning is so well deserved. It was a long time coming. The moment with Asuka when she was awarded the title was also a special show of respect between the two former rivals. Great match. Be sure to watch it if you missed it.

Drew McIntyre VS Andrade Cien Almas [NXT Championship]
This sucked. I have no idea what the WWE are thinking here. Cien Almas had done NOTHING to deserve the title shot in the first place, let alone win the NXT Championship. If Drew is being promoted to the main roster they could just as easily have given the title to Adam Cole instead. You know, someone who is actually believable in the main event. Decent match, stupid ending.

Sanity VS Undisputed Era VS Authors of Pain & Roderick Strong [War Games]
Well, this going on last made sense. We haven't seen the match in 20 years. Plus all the chaos from this would have made the crowd so tired they wouldn't have cared about anything that followed the excitement of this one. I was never the biggest fan of War Games back in the day, though having it come back was nice. If anything for doing something different. Multiple great spots in the match and Undisputed got the win they needed. Cole should take the NXT Championship from Cien immediately while his two underlings should seek the Tag Team Championship.

Overall Thoughts
I would have changed a couple of things. First of all.... How in the world did Pete Dunne VS Johnny Gargano for the United Kingdom Championship not make it onto this card? They could easily have replaced Ohno VS Lars as the opener. I would also have given Drew a credible challenger. Or had him retain. Cien Almas? Seriously!? I doubt it lasts long. Cole will have that title soon. And Ember Moon is finally the NXT Women's Champion! Fun show overall skip the opener and Cien VS Drew, watch everything else if you missed out on the show. It is doubtful that the main roster tops this show tomorrow with the Survivor Series event. NXT Takeovers have been "must see" level quality for a while, and that continues to be the case. Other than possibly Chicago, this was the best Takeover of 2017.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:19 AM

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
NXT Takeover War Games

This show had a pretty strong card on paper and looked like it would be real fun. We saw the return of a match not seen for 20 years and we also have new champions. Let's take a look at each of the matches at this event.

Kassius Ohno VS Lars Sullivan
Glad this was first, to get it out of the way. Both guys are extremely uninteresting. Lars is the slightly less boring of the two so him winning was fine. Worst match of the night.

Aleister Black VS Velveteen Dream
Wow, where in the heck did THIS match come from!? I was not expecting such a good match out of these two guys. Shockingly good. I mean, I like Aleister Black, but Velveteen Dream surprised me in this match. I still can't stand the guy, however he did a good job. The mind games were well done by both guys. Black winning and still acknowledging his opponent afterwards was certainly the right call.

Ember Moon VS Kairi Sane VS Nikki Cross VS Peyton Royce [NXT Women's Championship]
This was awesome. All four women were very impressive in the match and the fact that all four were deserving of the title opportunity made it all the better. Ember winning is so well deserved. It was a long time coming. The moment with Asuka when she was awarded the title was also a special show of respect between the two former rivals. Great match. Be sure to watch it if you missed it.

Drew McIntyre VS Andrade Cien Almas [NXT Championship]
This sucked. I have no idea what the WWE are thinking here. Cien Almas had done NOTHING to deserve the title shot in the first place, let alone win the NXT Championship. If Drew is being promoted to the main roster they could just as easily have given the title to Adam Cole instead. You know, someone who is actually believable in the main event. Decent match, stupid ending.

Sanity VS Undisputed Era VS Authors of Pain & Roderick Strong [War Games]
Well, this going on last made sense. We haven't seen the match in 20 years. Plus all the chaos from this would have made the crowd so tired they wouldn't have cared about anything that followed the excitement of this one. I was never the biggest fan of War Games back in the day, though having it come back was nice. If anything for doing something different. Multiple great spots in the match and Undisputed got the win they needed. Cole should take the NXT Championship from Cien immediately while his two underlings should seek the Tag Team Championship.

Overall Thoughts
I would have changed a couple of things. First of all.... How in the world did Pete Dunne VS Johnny Gargano for the United Kingdom Championship not make it onto this card? They could easily have replaced Ohno VS Lars as the opener. I would also have given Drew a credible challenger. Or had him retain. Cien Almas? Seriously!? I doubt it lasts long. Cole will have that title soon. And Ember Moon is finally the NXT Women's Champion! Fun show overall skip the opener and Cien VS Drew, watch everything else if you missed out on the show. It is doubtful that the main roster tops this show tomorrow with the Survivor Series event. NXT Takeovers have been "must see" level quality for a while, and that continues to be the case. Other than possibly Chicago, this was the best Takeover of 2017.
Almas is a fantasic wrestler with an amazing mouthpiece, downplaying him and his ability is fucking stupid! Los fucking Ingobernables!

Last edited by JoeMallard : 11-19-2017 at 01:31 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:38 AM
Natural 20 G-Mod

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMallard View Post
Almas is a fantasic wrestler with an amazing mouthpiece, downplaying him and his ability is fucking stupid! Los fucking Ingobernables!
You're entitled to that opinion. However, that doesn't mean you're correct, which you aren't. His manager is a good talker but Almas shouldn't have been anywhere NEAR the NXT Championship. The guy is boring. The decision to put the title on him is very strange. Not that it matters all too much in the long run since Adam Cole will probably win it soon.

The show was still good. The War Games match and NXT Women's Championship match more than made up for the stupid result of the Drew VS Almas match because those two matches were excellent.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:37 AM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
ECW TV Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

I was a bit disappointed with the Lars/Ohno match. I got my hopes up for a solid ten minute hoss fight with two guys just beating the piss out of each other, and got a five minute meh affair. It made sense to have a decent name finally give Lars a bit of a challenge and I think he looked good by responding to adversity by just charging through it though. Lars could, and I stress could because the main roster really kills most of them, be the next big monster heel.

For a guy that has only been wrestling for three years, Dream has really come along. I expected Black to get the win here, but I didn't expect such a good match. The mind games were great and Dream's flamboyance cost him, classic time honored stuff. Black is a good character, but I hate Black Mass. It's just a fucking kick, the same kick he does multiple times in each match.

The women's match was very average for me. Moon, who I don't care for, was the least interesting pick to win, and honestly I think her winning devalues the title. She couldn't beat Asuka, so her being the first champ after the dominant champ vacates the title makes her look like a paper champ. All I feel she has is a good finisher. She doesn't really have a character other than "hey I have colored contacts in." I really disliked Asuka handing over the title as well. I get it, her and Moon were rivals and its a passing of the torch moment, but Asuka was really pulling some heel moves in their program, but as soon as she vacates the title they are BFFs? No, too much of a stretch.

The Almas/Drew match was solid, but the end kind of confused me. I have no issue with Almas winning as 1) Drew doesn't do anything for me and 2) He never needed to be back in NXT, but after that DDT, Drew just had a glazed over look on his face while staring at the ref, the same look most guys have when they are going to kick out of a big move, but the three count happened. I almost thought it was a botched finish because even Almas and Vega seemed shocked. You sometimes need a shock title change like this to keep the title picture interesting and I at least appreciate that it deviates from the recent trend of rushing the newest indy darling to a title win. I'm sure Cole is likely to start that trend up again though.

War Games match was very fun. Dain looked like a star (though all nine guys look like money), AoP hit all their big fun spots and it sets up Cole, Fish, and O'Reilly's rise nicely. I hope Wolfe doesn't need a transfusion after losing all that blood though.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
You're entitled to that opinion. However, that doesn't mean you're correct, which you aren't. His manager is a good talker but Almas shouldn't have been anywhere NEAR the NXT Championship. The guy is boring. The decision to put the title on him is very strange. Not that it matters all too much in the long run since Adam Cole will probably win it soon.

The show was still good. The War Games match and NXT Women's Championship match more than made up for the stupid result of the Drew VS Almas match because those two matches were excellent.
I'd go with Black beating Almas since he's done it before, they won't drop the title to another heel.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:52 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Personally, If I'm being honest, I thought this was a one match show and one of the weakest nxt takeover they ever produce.

Let's go match by match,

Lars Sullivan vs kassius ohno

Why was that match even on the card. This was an glorify enhancement match. Lars Sullivan is suppose to be the NXT version of strowman but he lack the charisma and presence of strowman. In the end, this was a really boring match and they could have done this on nxt tv instead of a special

Allister black vs Velveteen dream

Again same as the first match. Nothing again Velveteen, but he scream job guy. Allister is a superstar and deserve better then this match.

Fatal four way for the women title.

Really descent match, I miss some of it because the first 2 matches put me to sleep so I had problem staying awake throughout this match. Anyway good match by all four wrestlers and a predictable ending

Drew McIntyre vs Andrade Chen Palmas

Again a nothing match in my opinion but I was shock to see Andrade win the belt. I don't know what this mean for drew but I really hope this mean he's getting called up really soon because he deserve better then getting stuck in nxt.

War games

This is Where I thing the show picked up. This was an incredible match and if I had to not pick about this match, I would say that this went a little bit too long and they didn't use the second ring enough. I felt like they didn't have enough cameraman to film the whole match so they gave the instruction to do as much as they could inside ring number 1 and It took away from the match a little bit but again, this was still an awesome match and this is what saved the show in my opinion.

I know that this won't be a popular opinion because their always be a bias toward NXT takeover special from the fans, but if it was for war games, this was a pretty forgettable show and I wasn't up to the standard of what a nxt takeover special is

The fact that the show wasn't sold out didn't help think because when they took a wide shot of the arena, you could Cleary see that They're was one side that was pretty empty and that why they didn't do a lot of wide shot during the show.