WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives > The 1st WrestleZone Forums Election
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-12-2012, 07:08 PM
WOO!
WCW TV Champion

The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
This place is important to you, you love discussing wrestling and you want to do whatever you can to contribute...and yet, you've started a grand total of 3 non-spam wrestling threads in the last 6 months. Correct me if I'm wrong, this is the forum you're claiming to want to be mod in, right? In comparison, you've started 3 Bar Room threads in just the last 10 days. 3 threads during the last 180 days in the section you claim to love and want to contribute in , and 3 threads in the Bar Room in the last 10 days.

For some reason, you're coming off as less than sincere to me. Your words say you want to help, and yet you're actions claim otherwise. Which to believe? If you're really so interested in contributing, why haven't you done more to contribute?

So was this your REAL reason for wanting to be a mod, or just what you thought I, and other voters, would want to hear? I'm currently thinking it's the latter.
I've never claimed to be much of a thread starter... If I get an itch to do so, I will, though. I love to just talk wrestling, even in spam sections/through PM, although the WWE section is my favorite place to do it.

I feel like I've done lots around here, but I can always do more. Believe me, I'm more than willing to do whatever is needed.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crock View Post
I've never claimed to be much of a thread starter... If I get an itch to do so, I will, though. I love to just talk wrestling, even in spam sections/through PM, although the WWE section is my favorite place to do it.

I feel like I've done lots around here, but I can always do more. Believe me, I'm more than willing to do whatever is needed.
So if I said to you I think you starting 2 threads in the WWE section each week would serve the forum better than making you a mod, you would no longer be interested in the mod spot?
sendpm.gif
Old 01-12-2012, 07:17 PM
WOO!
WCW TV Champion

The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...

Quote:
So if I said to you I think you starting 2 threads in the WWE section each week would serve the forum better than making you a mod, you would no longer be interested in the mod spot?
I mean, if my being a mod would be pointless, then yes. Although, I don't think it would be.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Quote:
So given the fact your word means very little at the moment, what do you propose we do about this situation? You're looking for votes from people who rightfully don't trust you. You've been shown to act the part of a true politician, someone who will say whatever gets them votes. I'm sorry, but I don't think many of us believe you're being totally sincere. Do you have any evidence you can provide which says otherwise?
You asked where we can go from here. The only direction one can look in a situation like this is forward. I admitted that I was wrong, but now it is time to move on. Focusing on problems from the past cannot prevent anything similar from happening in the future. It would make more sense to dust myself off, get back up, and keep trying. I have come this far and after enduring a tidal wave of hatred, I have yet to utter the words "I quit". This is a great opportunity for me to help improve the forum, which is all I ever wanted.

I place a high value on friendship. Not just with my friends in real life, but also in friendships with members of this forum who I have befriended over the years.

Mitch, who I have long considered one of my closest friends on here. We were rookies together and have sent many messages to each other whether it was one letting the other know about a new thread they posted, talking about things going on at the forum, or making small talk about how things are going in our respective lives outside the forum.

JWGunslinger also comes to mind. He reached out to me when he was brand new to the forum. I appreciated this gesture and took him under my wing, providing advice on how to improve at posting or debating. We became very good friends over that time. He knows he can trust me with anything, just as I can trust him in return.

Mustang Sally is another example. We exchanged numerous PM's after I had made a thread many years back in the GSD needing personal advice. She was one of the first to point out what a nice guy I am, and when our conversations went into more personal topics, she knew she could trust me. I have yet to betray that trust.

I had contacted LSN a few days ago during the midst of all the hate posts going on. I have a ton of respect for him as a poster, more than arguably anyone else on this forum. I wanted to know his true opinions of me, given the things people were saying about me. He responded about 4 days ago with his honest thoughts, and he gave me permission this afternoon to use it as part of my response to Sly.

Click for Spoiler:
I apologize for not getting to this sooner, but I'm more then willing to provide feedback on your questions. I'm not going to pull any punches here, as I'm going to call a spade a spade. So, I'll address the issues you discussed in your previous PM.

With regards to Tastycles, I was pretty upset when I saw the PM you sent. I was surprised as well, because you've never tried to use me in my Moderator position to get ahead. But I feel what you did was wrong, and you owe Tastycles an apology, preferably a private message. I feel you did lie to us when you said you never tried to get Tasty to lose his job, which was proven false. You need to handle this with tact and maturity, because this certainly pertains to the election.

However, I do trust you. You were the first person to befriend me when I joined the forums, and you did nothing to support me. You didn't help me in terms of my posting, as I made my name on my own merits. But you were an encouragement, and in my early days when I was infracted for posts I didn't believe to be spam, you explained to me why, and encouraged me to keep posting. Further, Ive told you things in the distant past about my life, and you've respected my privacy. You've never tried to use me to get ahead, even after I was modded. So I do trust you, I just believe you made a bad mistake regarding Tasty, and you need to own up to it. Both to Tasty, and to the forum as well.

As for your chances in the election, I honestly don't believe you'll win. But the fact that you've made it this far should be an encouragement to you. Alot of people have raised some legitimate points regarding you, and some have been non-sensical. I'd own up to the points people have made that you believe to be true, but Id seriously address those who are completely wrong, which is quite a few. I think this will only help your chances. Further, you won the ABC election by a landslide, so you obviously have supporters. That may be enough to get you through, but you do face a stiff challenge, and you need to step up.

As for the homosexuality issue, it has nothing to do with this election. Your moral values have nothing to do with you being a Mod, as long as you don't try to push your beliefs on others. People can try to argue this all they like, but it has nothing to do with your moderating skills.

Speaking of your ability to be a Moderator, Im mixed about it. im still not sure of what you would add to the WWE section, to be honest. You're a frequent poster in the section, perhaps the most frequent poster. So you bring the passion of being devoted to the section, and I think your posts are better then most in those sections. I think the threads youve previously started have been fairly good, but Id like to see you be a thread starter more frequently, as i believe you do have good ideas. I do think you could add something to the section due to your passion and knowledge of the product, Id just like to see you post more threads that will bring discussion. After the Tasty situation, I was very doubtful of you becoming a Mod, or deserving to be so. But you made a mstake, and knowing you and that you've never stabbed me in the back, I believe the you're guilty of nothing more then poor judgment, and dishonesty in the election. but you've acknowledged your mistakes to me, you were a great encouragement to me when I joined, so i trust you. Im not opposed to you becoming a Moderator.

As for the quality of your posts, they could be better. Id like to see you post more then one paragraph and really dissect the issue, which Ive seen you done before. You're better then most in the non-spam sections, but I believe if you focused on making one or two posts each day special, you'ld be a much better poster. I only say this because Ive seen you do this in the past, and have shown yourself to be a quality poster.

To summarize, I think you've made some mistakes, and it's important to own up to them. I trust you, because you've never broken my trust or betrayed me in two years, and youve had chances. You've been a friend, and I believe if you became a Mod, you'd work your ass off in any way as needed, and you'ld acclimate quickly to learning to find confidence in those Mod abilities, and you'ld be able to stand on your own. As I said earlier, I'm not opposed to you becoming a Mod.

If this came across as harsh, please understand you asked me my honest opinion, so I gave it to you. If you have any questions about my opinions, you know what to do. If people truly knew you, they'ld understand that youre a decent guy who makes mistakes, but who hasn't? Further, you've always been trustworthy with regards to me.

LSN

He believes in me, sees my potential, and fully trusts me.

So the point is.... If my friends can place that much trust in me, and someone already on staff can place that much trust in me, then I believe the staff should be able to find trust in me to be able to be an asset to the team if I get the chance to join them. Someone willing and able to step up to the challenge, someone who wants to help improve the forum experience for each and every single one of our posters.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
You asked where we can go from here. The only direction one can look in a situation like this is forward. I admitted that I was wrong, but now it is time to move on. Focusing on problems from the past cannot prevent anything similar from happening in the future. It would make more sense to dust myself off, get back up, and keep trying. I have come this far and after enduring a tidal wave of hatred, I have yet to utter the words "I quit". This is a great opportunity for me to help improve the forum, which is all I ever wanted.

I place a high value on friendship. Not just with my friends in real life, but also in friendships with members of this forum who I have befriended over the years.

Mitch, who I have long considered one of my closest friends on here. We were rookies together and have sent many messages to each other whether it was one letting the other know about a new thread they posted, talking about things going on at the forum, or making small talk about how things are going in our respective lives outside the forum.

JWGunslinger also comes to mind. He reached out to me when he was brand new to the forum. I appreciated this gesture and took him under my wing, providing advice on how to improve at posting or debating. We became very good friends over that time. He knows he can trust me with anything, just as I can trust him in return.

Mustang Sally is another example. We exchanged numerous PM's after I had made a thread many years back in the GSD needing personal advice. She was one of the first to point out what a nice guy I am, and when our conversations went into more personal topics, she knew she could trust me. I have yet to betray that trust.

I had contacted LSN a few days ago during the midst of all the hate posts going on. I have a ton of respect for him as a poster, more than arguably anyone else on this forum. I wanted to know his true opinions of me, given the things people were saying about me. He responded about 4 days ago with his honest thoughts, and he gave me permission this afternoon to use it as part of my response to Sly.

Click for Spoiler:
I apologize for not getting to this sooner, but I'm more then willing to provide feedback on your questions. I'm not going to pull any punches here, as I'm going to call a spade a spade. So, I'll address the issues you discussed in your previous PM.

With regards to Tastycles, I was pretty upset when I saw the PM you sent. I was surprised as well, because you've never tried to use me in my Moderator position to get ahead. But I feel what you did was wrong, and you owe Tastycles an apology, preferably a private message. I feel you did lie to us when you said you never tried to get Tasty to lose his job, which was proven false. You need to handle this with tact and maturity, because this certainly pertains to the election.

However, I do trust you. You were the first person to befriend me when I joined the forums, and you did nothing to support me. You didn't help me in terms of my posting, as I made my name on my own merits. But you were an encouragement, and in my early days when I was infracted for posts I didn't believe to be spam, you explained to me why, and encouraged me to keep posting. Further, Ive told you things in the distant past about my life, and you've respected my privacy. You've never tried to use me to get ahead, even after I was modded. So I do trust you, I just believe you made a bad mistake regarding Tasty, and you need to own up to it. Both to Tasty, and to the forum as well.

As for your chances in the election, I honestly don't believe you'll win. But the fact that you've made it this far should be an encouragement to you. Alot of people have raised some legitimate points regarding you, and some have been non-sensical. I'd own up to the points people have made that you believe to be true, but Id seriously address those who are completely wrong, which is quite a few. I think this will only help your chances. Further, you won the ABC election by a landslide, so you obviously have supporters. That may be enough to get you through, but you do face a stiff challenge, and you need to step up.

As for the homosexuality issue, it has nothing to do with this election. Your moral values have nothing to do with you being a Mod, as long as you don't try to push your beliefs on others. People can try to argue this all they like, but it has nothing to do with your moderating skills.

Speaking of your ability to be a Moderator, Im mixed about it. im still not sure of what you would add to the WWE section, to be honest. You're a frequent poster in the section, perhaps the most frequent poster. So you bring the passion of being devoted to the section, and I think your posts are better then most in those sections. I think the threads youve previously started have been fairly good, but Id like to see you be a thread starter more frequently, as i believe you do have good ideas. I do think you could add something to the section due to your passion and knowledge of the product, Id just like to see you post more threads that will bring discussion. After the Tasty situation, I was very doubtful of you becoming a Mod, or deserving to be so. But you made a mstake, and knowing you and that you've never stabbed me in the back, I believe the you're guilty of nothing more then poor judgment, and dishonesty in the election. but you've acknowledged your mistakes to me, you were a great encouragement to me when I joined, so i trust you. Im not opposed to you becoming a Moderator.

As for the quality of your posts, they could be better. Id like to see you post more then one paragraph and really dissect the issue, which Ive seen you done before. You're better then most in the non-spam sections, but I believe if you focused on making one or two posts each day special, you'ld be a much better poster. I only say this because Ive seen you do this in the past, and have shown yourself to be a quality poster.

To summarize, I think you've made some mistakes, and it's important to own up to them. I trust you, because you've never broken my trust or betrayed me in two years, and youve had chances. You've been a friend, and I believe if you became a Mod, you'd work your ass off in any way as needed, and you'ld acclimate quickly to learning to find confidence in those Mod abilities, and you'ld be able to stand on your own. As I said earlier, I'm not opposed to you becoming a Mod.

If this came across as harsh, please understand you asked me my honest opinion, so I gave it to you. If you have any questions about my opinions, you know what to do. If people truly knew you, they'ld understand that youre a decent guy who makes mistakes, but who hasn't? Further, you've always been trustworthy with regards to me.

LSN

He believes in me, sees my potential, and fully trusts me.

So the point is.... If my friends can place that much trust in me, and someone already on staff can place that much trust in me, then I believe the staff should be able to find trust in me to be able to be an asset to the team if I get the chance to join them. Someone willing and able to step up to the challenge, someone who wants to help improve the forum experience for each and every single one of our posters.
Most of your post deals with how your friends trust you. What I want to know is how the rest of us can trust you. How can we trust you'll uphold the rules of the forum? How can we trust you won't carry out personal vendettas against people who have mocked you on here?

Also, your post came across as if you were campaigning. I don't want campaigning, I want honesty. How can we trust you, in ways that don't deal with your online friends.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-13-2012, 08:25 AM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Default Question 2, Second Debate - With Your Host, Slyfox696

As the name of this thread implies, this debate is a lot more about me than the three of you. Why? Because I'm going to have to work with one of you, and I'm pretty picky about who we let on Staff. While you are most certainly trying to score points with voters, this debate is about me.

What does this mean for you? Well, it's fairly straightforward. I'll ask each of you the second question I have prepared for you. You will answer. You will not, however, call out the other candidates. Why? Because you've done that already, and quite frankly, all three of you were boring. So instead of letting the three of you debate each other, if I see bullshit in your post, I'm calling you on it. You then get to reply to me. Any candidate addressing any other receives an Infraction. Maybe two of them, depends what mood I'm in. Oh, and I suppose it goes without saying (though I will anyways), anyone who is not a candidate which posts in this thread will be subject to Discipline as well.

Everyone understand? If not, PM me, and I'll copy and paste this section back to you. Let's begin.

Question for Crock

2. While people may "like" you as a poster, I don't think many would disagree with me when I say you're a mediocre poster. You rarely have original or thought-provoking ideas, and so many of your posts just seem to be agreeing with whomever will allow you to suck up to them the most. We have mediocre posters all over the forum, why should we make one of them a moderator? Why should we allow a mediocre poster to represent the WrestleZone Forums, especially in the WWE forum, the most visible forum on the site? Why should people want a mediocre poster to represent them?

Question for Dagger

2. What's the real reason YOU want to be a mod? You've been doing everything short of offering a bribe to get your name in bold. Why are you so interested in becoming a mod? Is it a power trip? I know it's not because you want to help the WWE forums out, you were gunning for Video Games mod ever since Lee stepped down. Then, come Election time, you change to the WWE forum. So don't feed me a line of BS, I want the truth. What's your real intentions here? I want honesty, not flowery words or campaign speak.

Question for Coco

2. You're a racist. I've known that for years, going back to the time we spent on PW together. I remember you once getting banned for changing your name to Ku Klux Koko, and putting on a sig banner which, if I remember correctly, was Christian crosses with a Nazi swastika on them. If you wish to hate black people that's your business, but I'm a little concerned at the idea of letting a racist represent these forums. Tell us why we should let a racist represent these forums.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Future Endeavored
Million Dollar Champion

Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...

I was under the impression that we live in a post-racial society now. As such, your question baffles me. Could you more clearly illustrate the problem?
Old 01-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco The Monkey View Post
I was under the impression that we live in a post-racial society now. As such, your question baffles me. Could you more clearly illustrate the problem?
The problem is a racist Staff member reflects on the rest of the Staff, and the forum in general, as well. The idea the WrestleZone Forums is racist is absurd, and is not one I wish to see falsely attached to us.

Now that the problem has been more clearly explained, please answer the question.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Future Endeavored
Million Dollar Champion

Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...

No, I understand the part about how you don't want one person's actions and beliefs sullying the reputation of the whole team. My problem is the racism thing. Do you really believe it's still an issue? It is 2012 after all.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco The Monkey View Post
Do you really believe it's still an issue?
Yes. So answer the question.
sendpm.gif