WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives > Cigar Lounge Debator's League
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-25-2010, 11:20 PM
You don't want it with me.
WCW TV Champion

FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default QF - Game vs. Sivsyboi

Me, GD, and IC will judge this round. 2/3 wins.

Game affirms

Resolved: When in conflict, the United States' goal obligation of national security outweighs the human rights of the enemy combatant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill
FTS is my hero. I'm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
We're awesome. That's really all there is to it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Future Endeavored
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Roid Rage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Roid Rage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Roid Rage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Roid Rage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Roid Rage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Roid Rage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Roid Rage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Roid Rage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Roid Rage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Roid Rage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Roid Rage worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Topic: When in conflict, the United States' goal obligation of national security outweighs the human rights of the enemy combatant.

This is a topic normally discussed on the internal aspect of national security. The main debate has been that as far as national security within the country goes, it does not take precedence over OUR human rights or the popular coined term civil rights. The common target of debate is always “The Patriot Act” and rightfully so. Within our country the government need not pry, need not know, and need not act against the people impugning their rights whatsoever. When the situation is dealing with an engaged combatant I would have to argue to the contrary though.

One can bring up any argument they wish as to the human rights of people in foreign lands. You could say “Because they are human they inherently have those rights which is up to no man to take away.” and in any regular situation you would be right. The problem there is that we aren't negotiating these ideals under normal terms, we're talking about soldiers at war, the U.S. in conflict as it is noted.

No one can ever say that it is always right, always just, and always necessary to kill. That is an argument you just can't make, you can't weigh life against anything, because nothing is more valuable. The fact that we in American recognize life as invaluable is one of the main reasons it is a great country. We cherish it, we honor it, we defend it. If we look around the world we see that in many other countries life is not so valuable and it doesn't take on as much meaning as it does here in the U.S. This also is another reason why war is so bad, it negotiates and often takes many innocent lives, it's also very difficult to put the role of judge, Jury, and Executioner in the hands of men in the form of soldiers.

No one ever said it was fair business, or that it was right business, but in a time of war there is no choice but to eliminate the enemy if they are hell bent on eliminating you. At that point human rights have been thrown out the window and the enemy has waived theirs goodbye. When Japan hit pearl harbor and wiped out the people they did, that's just asking for an ass beating. At this point your enemy is saying “ I'm coming to kill you now, you can kiss your ass goodbye” and in that instance the only thing you can do is stop them. That might mean ground attacks, naval attacks, or in Japans case 2 nuclear attacks if your really stubborn.

Now I am not saying that 2 nukes is humane, but once again humanity has been cast by the wayside at this point and it comes down to who is going to wipe out who and you better hope to God you got the bigger better weapons. Our national security should always be a top priority as there are plenty of people in the sand box that want to wreck out castle

No one can argue that military strength isn't a large part of what has made America great. We've fought England, we've fought each other, we've fought most of Europe, most of Asia, and now we're fighting most of the world in general trying to stomp out terrorist groups...cough (and secure the worlds oil supplies) cough....Ahem, sorry. Had to clear my throat. Where was I? Oh yeah, Out military kicks ass, it's always kicked ass, and it will always kick ass. If it didn't we couldn't worry about national security within the country because we wouldn't have that right, we'd still be under British rule.

I'd say that alone is grounds enough to say that our national security takes precedence over human rights of our enemies at war. You want the freedom we enjoy in America, baby you gotta fight for it as our history shows. Life is important and you fight to protect that life. If that means taking another when they are trying to take yours, what else are you to do? The enemies aggression has tied your hands on the matter. It's kill or be killed, rule or be ruled, take your pick.

My opponent may now have the floor.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:10 PM
You don't want it with me.
WCW TV Champion

FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...

Game wins. Someone gets a free ride to the finals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill
FTS is my hero. I'm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
We're awesome. That's really all there is to it.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Plump, Juicy User
United States Champion

gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...

Tough decision, I'll have to agree with FTS though. Anyway this thing can be run in Prison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyourinmaru View Post
it's a prestarted family. My Girlfriend has a 3 year old
Old 05-04-2010, 05:06 PM
DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
WWF Hardcore Champion

Turd Ferguson is getting some looks on Smackdown...Turd Ferguson is getting some looks on Smackdown...Turd Ferguson is getting some looks on Smackdown...Turd Ferguson is getting some looks on Smackdown...Turd Ferguson is getting some looks on Smackdown...Turd Ferguson is getting some looks on Smackdown...Turd Ferguson is getting some looks on Smackdown...Turd Ferguson is getting some looks on Smackdown...Turd Ferguson is getting some looks on Smackdown...Turd Ferguson is getting some looks on Smackdown...Turd Ferguson is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via MSN to Turd Ferguson

Game Rage wins. I doubt he's coming back to the prison though.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Game, of course, wins. I am willing to accept the idea of posting the next round in prison for him if he shows up. Then again, I am no longer admin, so I don't have a say.