WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > WrestleZone Championship Wrestling > WZCW Network > WZCW TV
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-16-2016, 06:52 AM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Gold Rush 2016 - Review Part 1

Commencement of PPV!!

We had a whole pre-show to talk, the pre-show panel, six split screen and all, which made the commentary panel's work quite easier. It is short and that we went directly into the show which seems good.

Gold Rush - Veejay vs Matt Tastic

Good match in the context of Gold Rush. Both men fought, not tiring themselves off for the Finals. Matt working on the arm of Veejay was something that I hadn't seen off Matt in the past. But I guess Veejay could've worked on Matt's weakness too. Even though both the stars were battling it out, the matched seemed so predictable. Matt was winning all along but I liked the part how he pinned Veejay. Decent match to start the PPV.

Titus Backstage Interview

This one baffled me to the slightest. Vee was announced as Titus's opponent for the Eurasian championship earlier that night but his name wasn't even mentioned in the entire PPV. The whole emphasis was on Flex Mussel and Titus which made it predictable that Flex is going to return either way.

I can see, Titus being a cocky heel can think of Vee as a disdain and not comment about him. But being an interviewer Leon should've asked the Eurasian champ about his opponent for that night, instead he went on and on with Flex. I would've written in a way that Leon asks about Vee but Titus just ignores the question and banters about how he put Flex out. This part could've been better.

P.S. I was excited to see Vee being a potential opponent for Titus but this interview made it so predictable that Flex is going to appear later tonight.

Gold Rush - Garth Black vs Kagura Joheki

Excellent match! Just one word. The match was long, but very descriptive about the every part of it. I like it when the matches are descriptive. Much needed win for Garth Black. He was pushing for it and he got it in the end. I would've fancied the involvement of Ramparte, but Garth needed this clean win.

Logan McAllsitar Backstage Interview

Under any normal circumstance, I would've said this segment was unnecessary. But Logan is evolving to be a massive star and he's facing a mystery opponent in a PPV and he needed a backstage segment.

Anyhow, I am not hyped all for that Suplex Party Sorry to disappoint but Suplex Party chant is quite overrated.

Tag Team Championship

Overall the match was good with some nice spots but... I have some huge concerns to discuss about it. But I should say, Keaton's leap of faith spot was really great and the chant "Please Don't Die" made much sense. What I liked the most was, how Cooper organizes Keaton to do the necessary and Keaton obliges to his Veteran partner.

Alright, let's talk about the cons.

First of all, I'm so surprised with the win. It seemed like a double turn and Ty Burna seemed to be turning heel. I don't know, but I have never seen or can imagine a barbed wire wrapped over steel chair. It doesn't make any sense. The match turned awkward once Ty took that bizarre chair.

Quote:
He pulls out a steel chair...wrapped in barbed wire! He rolls back in and hoists it high over his head. He then grates it against the back of Cooper, ripping and tearing at his flesh. Cooper tries to roll away, but Ty just slams the chair across the back. Cooper is bleeding heavily from his back, his skin torn and tattered. He gets to the ropes and uses them to stand, as Ty loads up a Ruthian swing and cracks Cooper over the skull with the chair, blood instantly pouring from his face.
This part seemed so vulgar and violent. We had seen some huge spots or matches even hardcore than this but for me, this seemed to be violent. Do we need this much of violence from a face?

Abel Hunnicutt vs M

I don't have anything to complain about this segment as it all went after M agrees to the same. Abel needed to booked as a monster and this segment provided him the necessary.

Being a rookie to WZCW, I don't know who Austin Reynolds is. The announcement team could've given a better hype for him. Anyhow, this segment was solid.

Eurasian Championship match!

Titus vs Flex Mussel. It had some fun spots and the whole match was written so well. I have quite a few questions to ask.

Has Titus never used a weapon? Coz I really don't know. Would be glad if someone can clarify me

Quote:
Connor: He's a pure force of will is what he is. Flex can beat Titus and set up Vee vs. Flex. That is a dream match for some.
Wow I never know Flex vs Vee is a dream match for some. I would like to know who are those "some" Book that match!! :P

It was a great spot when Titus yells at the crowd "Been there! Done that!" It really made me to burst into laughter. Excellent match in all sorts.

Steve Holmes Backstage Segment!

Excellent segment. Steve Holmes took all the mic time which made it more interesting. "Big things are happening for Abel and I, and the surprises are not finished yet"

Brilliant work in keeping us all anticipated on what's coming.

That's all fellas. I'll do the rest of the review later, after rereading the rest of the segments and matches.

Credits: Dave
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 02:01 AM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...

MELTDOWN 129

The show starts with the New WZCW World Heavyweight Champion Mikey Stormrage celebrating the championship with the Columbus fans, wearing the last thing people expected! “Snazzy suit and Sunglasses”. This is Mikey’s first World Championship triumph, and his speech was good. But it missed quite a few things. He should’ve mentioned his recently deceased Mum, for whom he won the championship to make her proud. Then came the Invincible Matt Tastic for his friend and they talk about their match at Unscripted and that was all okay. But one thing that bothered me is that, still the story revolves around Matt Tastic and not the World Champion himself. It would’ve been better if James Howard interrupted their celebration. But instead it was Garth Black. I do support Garth Black, but this story seems like again revolving around the Golden Boy of WZCW Matt Tastic. A little underwhelming that it was Mikey Stromrage’s moment. Neither Matt Tastic’s or Garth Black’s.

JUSTIN COOPER VS XANDER LEBBELLE

Now that was intense! Especially after what Ty Burna aka Tyron Blades said at the interview, exclusively on WZCW.com! The heel turn was intense. Similar to that, the slow face turn of Justin Cooper was brilliantly written. Cooper isn’t going to be the one, who the fans will get behind almost immediately but he is gaining the fan support through his hardwork and Championship victory. Brilliant piece of work by the creative to book the match between Xander LeBelle and Justin Cooper. Because, if it were another established star who is getting ambushed by Ty prior to the match, he would’ve lost all the credibility that he gained. But LeBelle is on his debut, so he can afford to get his beating, moreover he will have his match at Ascension.

In a nutshell, this booking for this match is really brilliant. More is the booking of Ty Burna vs Justin Cooper, especially with Mark Keaton unavailable as of present.

JOHN DOE BACKSTAGE SEGMENT

These sort of segment shows, WZCW is not WWE. The superstars confront each other backstage legitimately ending their feud. It is really a good decision for John Doe to dump his mask. He lost it, it is not his possession anymore; he burnt it! Well written.

JOHN DOE VS NOAH RYDER

Big match for Noah Ryder and the match was well written. They both had shown what they’re capable of in the ring and the domination between them both is written in a good way. In a sentence, John Doe was referred as “The Masked Man” which was absurd because we just witnessed John Doe burning his match, a while before the match. Those sort of things could’ve been avoided. I reckon, someone said in the discussion thread about Eve Taylor still getting in the ring wearing John Doe’s mask.

I can understand that every pieces of the shows are being written by different creative members, sometimes the Guest Writers as well. Still when you accumulate it, these sort of errors should be avoided. These aren’t major mistakes but it can be if not noticed well before.

Personally, I don’t like Noah Ryder tapping out to John Doe. This was a good match, Noah Ryder has been on a losing streak and tapping out at the far end of the match could hurt his character more. What should I say more, because the match was really well written and I enjoyed it.

JAMES HOWARD BACKSTAGE SEGMENT

This! This should’ve opened the show or at least to interrupt the Live Mas. James Howard wishes to be a Grand Slam champion, of course, it would’ve been better if he confronted the champion directly whilst a Grand Slam champion was present at that juncture. Anyhow, now we know the intention of James Howard’s attack on Mikey Stormrage at Gold Rush.

THERON AND TIFFANY BACKSTAGE SEGMENT

I liked this one. Tiffany talked without breaking the character of Theron Daggershield and they both emphasis that he is Theron and not Shawn Daggers! Well written.

“I’m no quitter! The light of Mystra will shine on all corners before I’m done”

“We’ll see about that, Shawn”

This is the part I liked the most. I’m excited to see what can Theron bring out of it and what the creatives have in mind for Theron.

THERON DAGGERSHIELD VS AUSTIN REYNOLDS

I don’t know much about Austin Reynolds because I have seen or heard of him since I joined WCZW. But I liked the fact that he enters the ring with no music and intended just for the win. The match was well written except the fact that it was long. When I say long, if you will, the next match of the show which featured the World Champion was relatively short. That baffles me a bit because the World Champion should have more in-ring time than Austin Reynolds. Also I don’t understand why Steve Holmes or Abel Huniccutt even made an appearance.

On the positive notes, I still welcome the idea of keeping Theron as a guy with “Never Give Up” attitude. There aren’t any major flaws in the match but it was tad too long.

MIKEY STROMRAGE VS VEE A.D.Z.

Honestly speaking I don’t like this match. I fancied the idea of Vee facing the World Champion, with me being the handler of Vee. But the match was not good. Many flaws I would say. I’m more concerned about my character which maybe a reason why I find many flaws. First, the match was short. Very short for a World Champion.

“After a brief commercial interlude”

Well, why there’s a commercial between the match? I don’t understand. To my knowledge I have never seen a match written with a commercial break. Next thing is, Vee’s moveset. He doesn’t have NECKBEAKER in his moveset. He is someone who has a MMA background and agile as it comes. The match should’ve been written considering that. I enjoyed how the matches of Vee were written in the past. Emphasizing on his One kick knockouts, technical ability and agility. But nothing was in this match.

Mikey dominated most of the match, apparently throughout the match. I understand he is a World Champion but Vee should’ve fought back more. I was really gutted with the match, not the result of it. World Champion needs a win and I wouldn’t argue that I wrote a better RP than Yaz, I was willing to take the pin, but after such a match, I was really disappointed. This is a review, I’m not shooting on anyone, but giving my honest opinion about the match. Because similar thing happened at Ascension as well, where Matt Tastic’s match was very short against Logan. We’ll talk about that later though.

JOHN CONSTANTINE VS EVE TAYLOR

Again, Eve Taylor legitimately ended her feud with John Doe prior to the match. But her entrance doesn’t help the cause.

The match was good though. There’s no real complain about the match. But Constantine SUBMITS! I never fancied the idea of great stars submitting. Constantine dominated most of the match but ended up being submitted, that doesn’t hold the case well, does it?

I’m more fascinated to see what will happen if/when Constantine joins hands with Abel Hunnicutt and Steve Holmes. Interesting way to end the show. Well done.

This is me writing my honest opinions about each of the match and segment. But as human nature I get more judgmental while looking at my match. Because all the times before Vee was used in a perfect way, win or lose, I was happy with it. Not on this one.

The creatives are shorthanded but still managed to give us a good show to read.

Old 05-12-2016, 03:06 AM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

ASCENSION 106

The show starts with EurAsian Champion Titus blabbering his greatness and all. That’s a good heel tactic and the promo was really cool. He talked about everyone wants a 15 minutes’ fame in the ring with him, absolutely heelish. This was a good start to the show, Titus considering everyone else except him as a disdain and not considering anyone as his threat. Nice way to start the show.

LUKE MANSON VS GARTH BLACK

Initially, I thought this match was relatively short. But at the end it was all alright. Luke Manson was booked in a decent way how he should be. He didn’t write a great RP to match with someone like Garth Black, so I don’t mind this match being short. Excellent writing by the creatives, making the commentators talk about why Black wants this match to end quickly.

Cohen: That's the point! Why would he go out there and work when he was screwed out of a World title match?

Cohen: And at the same time he's dealing with a very bitter and angry man. Garth clearly had no intention of having a wrestling match here tonight. Had this gone any longer it wouldn't shock me if he'd just rage quit.

These two comments made by Jack Cohen justifies why this match ended quickly. After the match, Garth attacked Luke Manson, why not? After all, that’s how you should take out your frustration. Ah and again, Matt Tastic came to the aid. You see, I don’t have any problem in building up a feud between Matt Tastic and Garth Black, or even a potential Fatal Four way at Unscripted between Tastic, Stormrage, Howard and Black. But give the champion some credibility. He was mentioned in the fag end of the segment with this statement, ”Mikey Stormrage is in the ring helping out Luke Mason.” The focus should be on the Champion, if not, on the World Championship.

BACKSTAGE SEGMENT – VEEJAY AND RAMPARTE

This was a short and nice segment. They both seem to be going quite well with each other and this seems like another step for Ramparte in his face turn.

TONY MANCINI & KAGURA VS VEEJAY AND RAMPARTE

I really enjoyed this match. It isn’t going to be an easy task writing a Tag Team match, but the writer did a good job in this one. I have no complaints regarding this match. I loved the end of it with Kagura still trying to summon something from her freakish book and Ramparte cutting her short. Another thing that I loved in this match is how Tony was booked. Great heel work in bad mouthing his opponent’s native place. All in all, this is a good match.

BACKSTAGE SEGMENT – JUSTIN COOPER

Like I said on my review of Meltdown, I like the way how Justin Cooper’s face turn is being handled. Recalling his RP where he was interviewed about his win, is a nice touch. Also, Mark Keaton’s remarkable moment at Gold Rush shouldn’t be forgotten. He himself shouldn’t been forgotten. It was written well with the way he was addressing about Mark Keaton and showing some remorse for encouraging that leap. Nice segment.

The cameraman knocks over a water bottle, and both men turn to check the source of the noise. The camera quickly snaps to black… Fishy….

BACKSTAGE SEGMENT – LOGAN MCALLISTAR

Another backstage segment involving Leon Kensworth. I don’t have problem even if Leon handles all the backstage segment. But just look above, the camera man was distracted and something fishy happened just a while ago. Yet, Leon is ready to shoot another interview? The interview was good though, Logan wanting not to lengthen the talking as he has a big match upfront.

I can see what’s the problem here. Each segments were written by different creative members, and it is the editor’s task to frame them, sort them out and put them in the right order. Not just the matches but also the segments. It might not be a huge error but just still something that I need to point out.

LOGAN MCALLISTAR VS MATT TASTIC

I said on the Meltdown review about how this match was booked and it was quite short. But I take it back now. I had forgotten that Logan posted his RP past the deadline, perhaps that would’ve made the creative to book this match short.

Again, the focus is on Matt Tastic’s feud. It is necessary but why the World Champion isn’t getting as much of exposure as the #1 Contender? This is debatable.

BACKSTAGE SEGMENT – FLEX MUSSEL, STACEY MADDINSON AND VEE A.D.Z.

Nice and short segment. Flex spoke his heart out. He is ready to be a self-centered and dirty player to win the EurAsian Championship. He certainly is ready for this match after this segment.

Flex: Thanks. I appreciate it. But luck won't help me here.

Short and sweet.

XANDER LEBELLE VS JUSTIN COOPER

Decent match and I don’t have much to say about it, because the biggest match of the Ascension is up next!!

FLEX MUSSEL VS TITUS AVISON – EURASIAN CHAMPIONSHIP STEEL CAGE MATCH!!

First of all, Garth Black had been telling weeks that he is not in the flagship show of WZCW that is Meltdown. But look at this, a huge Championship match taking place at the Ascension and that too a Steel Cage match. The prestige of the Eurasian Championship is elevated to another level ever since Titus won it. In that context, I would say this is a huge match for the show.

Huge props for Spidey for written such an incredible match! Right from the start of it, the match was incredible in all the aspects. Vee’s introduction is noteworthy, with him being the next one on the line. The reactions to the match was personified by Vee’s expressions at the Ramp.

Flex lifting Titus with the Ankle lock locked in, these sort of things only happen in e-fed! But what can I say, he carries a huge set of weights under his hoody during his entrance. Considering that, this is not impossible. Anyhow, I fancied that part.

Titus purposefully telling the referee to F*** OFF, wow how more heelish can one get. He might be the greatest Hall of Famer of WZCW but I would say, Titus is the greatest heel in the history of WZCW. Flex biting him and somehow managed to knock off Titus’ Oscars, well he said earlier that he will be dirty to win this match. I really enjoyed every bit of this match.

Titus constantly tried to embarrass Flex Mussel but the fitness freak wasn’t giving up, it was brilliantly written. The end to the match was incredible as well with Flex attempting Titus’ own finisher off the top rope. This loss didn’t hurt Flex. He is destined for great things.

Dorian Slaughter is returning full time? Woah this could be a great feud. I’m expecting more of an answer from Dorian on this attack.

Overall this is a great show and I really enjoyed reading it, apart from few of the commentary lines. Such as…

Cohen: Me neither, but this is textbook Titus. He's letting Flex tire himself out before he goes in for the kill. A rat is right, Connor, and Avison is the rat poison.

Yeah, that happens. Anyhow, brilliant show mateys!

PS. NSL, please don't rep with these huge images -.- Man, I thought you repped me with a huge dick pic for being a dick on the review.

Last edited by Prince Vee : 05-12-2016 at 03:09 AM.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:51 PM
WZCW's Mr Excitement
WWE European Champion

a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via AIM to a0161613 Send a message via MSN to a0161613 Send a message via Skype™ to a0161613

First show review in forever. Apologies in advance. This will be a mostly random collection of thoughts above all else.

Click for Spoiler:
Review of MD129
  • Touching tribute to Sally on both shows
  • Predictable intro, I don’t know if this is going to hit on a nerve but Live Mas in its current form seem uninteresting to me. This picks up when Garth Black comes in but I wonder if he could have been written in earlier he should have been. It ended in the right way but something about it just annoys me. You guys are nailing Black’s character but I don’t know if a four way could appear more obvious at this point.
  • Great work on rearranging the Cooper Lebelle match although Cohen’s line about looking forward to calling it on Ascension seems unlike him.
  • The Doe/Taylor segment achieves all it needs to. The Doe / Ryder match had nothing really interesting going on apart from weird italic formatting in the commentary. The transition to the next segment with no mention of a break is harsh and comes off pretty badly.
  • The Howard segment is fine, although it’s written as if we hadn’t already seen the opening with Live Mas. I would have loved to see something resembling this as an opening. Again, this telegraphs the four way.
  • I would also question why this and the Theron segment were not put in the same post as the Doe/Ryder match. It just comes off a little weirdly.
  • I really enjoyed my match, I was pleasantly surprised how dominant Austin was or at least how it felt to me while I was reading it. Everything about this nailed both characters involved. The long match has been pointed out but I think it was written well and gave both characters everything that they needed to use going forward.
  • The issue I have with the Vee/Stormrage match is similar to the previous relation to the Gold Rush attack and it’s after effects. I don’t mind that this was very predictable squash and it was brief which is what it needed to be. Given their interaction in the opening, Black didn’t get a mention until the very end. His assault was very effective which is exactly what it needed to be. The attempted Tastic rescue was only interesting because of the pyro incident which is clever but only something that I’ve just noticed.
  • I was surprised by how brief the main event was in the circumstances but the thing that really got me was what happened afterwards. The whole sequence of Holmes on the stage with Abel, just letting Taylor walk by and smiling at Constantine seems like was set to be followed. And it really riles me that with all their history that Austin joins them and smiles just as broadly.
  • It’s a perfectly adequate show but some of the choices just seem strange. Admittedly this is nothing that can’t be put down to being short-staffed but I think it’s lacking a bit of focus. The whole thing comes off as a bit soulless.

Review of AS 107
  • I love everything to do with Titus and you nailed the character again. A perfect if brief summary of the character.
  • Manson didn’t stand a chance and rightly so. I thought the Live Mas appearance was unnecessary. The World Champ was an afterthought. This should have been a simple demonstration of Garth’s ability.
  • The tag match was fine if surprisingly long.
  • I think part of my issue with the ordering of things is that I don’t like the segments before matches.
  • While I didn’t get while the match between two faces was quite so short, the aftermath from Tastic helping Logan to the hashtag comment was nailed on.
  • The Cooper / Lebelle match was fine and showed the heart of the Cooper character.
  • The Cage match was great. Interesting use of the supporting cast too.
  • This felt marginally better than MD but I would still argue that it’s lacking a bit of spark. I put that a little down to the numbers on the roster at the moment. That really seems to be hurting things right now.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Meltdown 130
  • The opening segment was very good. Showed the inevitable dissension between the two very nicely.
  • The main event was damn good and the finish was a very unique one. Good way to protect Mikey as needed.
  • Commentary had loopholes in form of dumb statements.
  • The tag match and post match beatdown were good enough.
  • I am really liking Holmes' stable. Need to give it a good name soon.
  • Flex Vs. Kagura was nice too. Flex using two finishers at the end was awesome.
  • Logan has got tough competition in Howard.
  • Ramparte Vs. Dorian was good too.

Pretty good.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:45 AM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

MELTDOWN 130

WORLD CHAMPION ADDRESSES HIS FANS

I thought about writing the review after Ascension is on board but because of the unfortunate delay, I’ll be posting the review now.

The show started with WZCW heavyweight champion addressing the fans. Typical babyface fashion by putting over the crowd and getting applauses. I was surprised by seeing him Mikey talk positively about Garth Black, really was surprising. Solid promo by Mikey which was not-so-surprisingly interrupted by Matt Tastic. Initially Matt started by putting over his Liv Mas making himself stay away from the spot light. I should give props to the creative for giving Mikey the necessary spotlight.

The segment proceeds with the little bit heat between the best friends. We have seen that in the past, but this time, they aren’t arguing because of the egoistical differences or the championship. But because of a third person. This is something new; initially, I thought there will be a four-way match between Mikey, Matt, Black and Howard. Now it seems different. Even though we had seen Mikey vs Matt in the recent past, this seems quite fresh. I’m looking forward for the Mayhem Match result.

The most interesting thing of this segment is, Mikey not stepping up help his friend when he was ambushed by Black. Something what we have never seen of Mikey.

LOGAN MCALLISTAR BACKSTAGE SEGMENT

Ah, I don’t want to sound like as a dick but I am not a big fan of Suplex Party. What makes WZCW unique is that we are unique and completely different from the promotions. So this Suplex Party thing is a little underwhelming.

The veteran interviewer did the first interview of the show. We constantly have been seeing either Leon Kensworth or Stacey Maddinson in the backstage segments and Johnny is barely used. Moreover, Leon has been overused lately. So I like this segment nonetheless. Shame that K Web did a no-show, else we would’ve had a very interesting match between Austin Reynolds and Logan McAllistar.

FIRST MATCH – LOGAN VS AUSTIN REYNOLDS

A minor mistake. I know Austin isn’t having any Entrance music since he returned, but he wasn’t introduced by Harrys. It should’ve been at least like, “Introducing first, already in the ring…” This mistake could’ve been ignored but the reason why I am pointing out this is, Logan was introduced as “And his opponent…

The attack by Steve Holmes and his alliance was inevitable. Logan’s no show made that happen quite obvious. The segment was long and I have no complaints regarding. Steve Holmes himself has involved in this ambush. He put his hands on Logan and Logan too fired back at Steve.

This stable is more frightening, more frightening than the Cerberus. But the question is, who is going to stop them. With only a show away from the PPV Unscripted, it is still left unanswered who they’re going to face and who is going to stop. Good segment.

BACKSTAGE SEGEMENT WITH STEVE HOLMES & ALLIANCE

Abel: You watch you’re tone there, boy! (Good sir, it’s your. Mistakes of these sorts can be avoided)

This is what we need from Abel. I like this direction of keeping Austin Reynolds away from Mic. Steve Holmes is playing a mind-game with everyone by controlling a monster and Austin now.

Holmes: And more will follow…

Abel: Tonight…

Abel is booked in the way exactly how he should be. We don’t know his motive; he doesn’t need to talk much. Honestly, he has been speaking in his RPs these day. That exposure is enough for Abel. He is the most devastating force in WZCW but we have yet to witness it. I look forward to see his path of destruction.

SECOND MATCH – FLEX MUSSEL VS KAGURA JOHEKI

I’m quite surprised by the result of this match. I was expecting a win for Kagura here, instead she got powerbombed thrice to end the match. I haven’t seen the moveset of Flex Mussel, but if that Triple Powerbomb is going to be his new finisher, I welcome it gladly. Apollo Crews fka Uha Nation had this as his Finisher back in the indies. This suits the powerhouse like Flex.

This was really a nice back and forth match, but I expected Kagura to win. Another surprise is that Dynamite has written this match. I don’t know about the creative process but I hadn’t seen a creative write his own match. Not complaining but something that I had to point out.

BACKSTAGE SEGMENT WITH VANCE BATEMAN

Really odd match we’ll have at Unscripted. It came out of the blue that Logan will face James Howard at Unscripted. There is no real logical explanation behind this match. With just a show away from the PPV, we only have two matches announced for Unscripted. Vee A.D.Z. vs Titus for Eurasian Championship and the other one is Logan vs James Howard.

A lot of questions have to be asked regarding this match. Why James Howard attack Mikey Stormrage at Gold Rush, where he disappeared after that and what made Vance Bateman to book Logan against him? Another thing is, Brittany was to be seen nowhere with Logan. She didn’t accompany him to the ring as well. Not sure if it is because there is some reason behind that or just because of the No-show.

Anyhow, at least a good talent as such Logan isn’t getting lost in the shuffle.

BACKSTAGE SEGMENT WITH CONSTANTINE

I was never aware that Eve Taylor surpassed Constantine as the longest Elite X Champion. If this was mentioned only in this segment or already addressed. But this segment was very cool. I really enjoyed it! The brilliant work in this segment is that, momentarily it made me reckon Constantine is slowly turning face.

THIRD MATCH - TAG TEAM ACTION

This match seemed quite alright. I wasn’t surprised with this win. Double’D and Prophet had written a good RP but Dave and Funkay’s RP had beaten that. The only concern for me regarding this match is, Abel should’ve covered for the pin. When I say, Abel shouldn’t be overexposed, I mean only on the mic and as a character. But here, he was barely in the action.

Theron is the John Cena of WZCW, he doesn’t use his buster sword when the referee is distracted It is in his moveset that’s alright, but he doesn’t do that anymore. Just a minor error.

I like the aftermath of that match though. Theron, Cooper and Constantine standing face to face against Abel, Holmes and Austin. Momentarily, I thought Constantine is turning face (yeah, I’m quite naïve to see the obvious) because of his backstage segment and the direction at which his RP headed. Really nice way to end this segment.

DORIAN SLAUGHTER

Weird segment… I don’t know about his character. I don’t know what to comment on that. Sorry, chaps.

FOURTH MATCH - RAMPARTE VS DORIAN SLAUGHTER

I thought this would be a squash match or a dominant match where Dorian takes the complete control. But it was different. Ramparte had his own offense as well. The match is well written and I really enjoyed it. Flex’s intervene was expected and the end result was obvious too. It would’ve been better if Ramparte hasn’t lost his RP. Nevertheless, a good match.

JUSTIN COOPER BACKSTAGE SEGMENT

Another logical error… I thought Justin Cooper will be facing Ty Burna at Unscripted. Ty seems to be nowhere seen throughout the entire show. I know he has been suspended by WZCW management, but he wasn’t even mentioned. This segment looked like Kooper-Ceaton will be facing Holmes’ alliance at Unscripted. Maybe I was confused, but something noteworthy to be pointed out.

MAIN EVENT

Fun match. But has a lot of errs. Let’s talk about both the good things and bad things separately. Good thing is, the way match started. Mikey had so much of fun in the initial part of the match. Secondly, the way he lost that match. He lost after a liplock! That won’t hurt him much, also he could use that to proceed through with his next RP. But I don’t want to see Yaz’s next RP starting with, “I undressed and stepped into the shower. I thought about the liplock I had with Eve and started to…” Yaz please don’t do that!

Now, about the bad things. As the match progresses, it became boring. Like Mikey using three-quarter of his moveset and so does Eve. It continued until the match ended. Honestly, signature move after signature move? Sorry, mate but I didn’t like that. This match doesn’t tell any story to the readers. Another thing is, “beaten by a girl” thingy. It has already been discussed a lot in the GD thread backstage.

OVERALL REVIEW

Positive(s) - Flow through the segments. It came off really well unlike the last set of shows. This is the advantage of one person writing every backstage segment and reviewing through it. Dave wrote majority of the show which made the flow quite easily.

Negative(s) – The Eurasian Champion wasn’t even mentioned! Meltdown and Ascension is two separate brands. Even though Titus wasn’t in the show, he should’ve had a segment. I am not talking about everyone on the Ascension show, but just Titus because of him being the Champion. Another negative is, we don’t have much time to build the feuds for Unscripted. I’m looking forward to see how the creative handle that.

Overall, despite the negative points, the show is really good. Props for Dave and Team to make this show early as possible even when left shorthanded. Good show, guys.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:23 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Ascension 107 (i)

*. Garth Black's Opening Segment
If I need to describe this segment in one word, it would be "Passionate". Commenatry was upto the point in this segment which is good. Giving Black some mic time in the opening segment was refreshing. The finish to this segment was exactly what it needed. Some good points by Black.

*. Manson's Backstage Segment
Xaitlyn ignoring Johnny was funny. But what I liked the most was Manson's opinion about the Xaitlyn. This segment really helped us to know about what Manson thinks and how he respects WZCW for giving him chance. Manson is one of my favorites now.

*. The Triple Threat Match
Don't know who wrote this match but Xaitlyn's entrance wasn't executed as wanted. Noah's forgetting the KFAD briefcase and then Bob reminding him of it was a good one. Commentary was good in this match. Xaitlyn's small size as compared to her opponents was well used. Short but nice. And deserved one got the win.

To Be Continued later....
Old 06-28-2016, 03:31 AM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

ASCENSION 108

This review is going to a bit harsh but don’t mind it because I do know that the creative are shorthanded for this round which is the reason why the shows are not good. Anyhow, I’m going to give my verdict on every points just for the betterment. Don’t take this personally but as a review for every writers and creative team members.

Sometimes I wonder if Garth Black’s conspiracies are true. Because he hasn’t featured in the flagship show Meltdown a lot of times. When Theron and Zeus were the Champions they constantly open the Meltdown shows. But it wasn’t case on Meltdown, it was Dorian Slaughter instead. In fact, both the shows took place in Indianapolis, Mikey’s hometown and him not even featuring on the Meltdown show brings in a debate of his credibility as a champion. Is this because of the overwhelming popularity of Garth Black or the creative’s treatment of Mikey still as a Mid-carder?

Anyhow, the segment was solid, nothing too surprising or unpredictable but solid. It got more excited when Garth and Mikey shoved Tastic back and forth. They didn’t need to get their hands on each other because that’s the Main event! So this segment was quite solid.

Luke Manson vs Vee A.D.Z.

This match was relatively short for the opening match of the show. I can understand both of us (me and FWR) didn’t write any great RPs. Though it had some good spots and I especially enjoyed the ending of the match. Shining wizard + Moonsault slam + Airborne End combo. That was a nice spot. After that match Titus tried to get his hands on Vee only to misfire. It’s quite surprising for me to see the creatives book Vee not as an underdog in this feud with Titus. I don’t complain though because that suits my character. I’m enjoying this feud, it started off nicely, Titus considering Vee as a disdain then losing to him on a handicap match, now with his plans backfired.

Vee is gaining a lot of momentum heading into this match and finally Titus has taken him seriously and made one of the three stipulations as Pure Rules match. It’ll be a shame if I disappoint everyone by losing at Unscripted. Vee needs this win (not I, but I love winning too and I’m going to work hard to write a RP that can outclass Lee).

Coming to the stipulations, Pure Rules and MMA rules suit this feud. But I don’t understand why the stipulation Humiliation match is even considered. We don’t have any bad blood yet. Moreover, if either of us lose in that Humiliation match it’ll be huge step down for us because this feud is running through just one PPV. Still, I’m excited to see how long this feud can go.

Eve Taylor – Face turn

This is interesting. I like the way how Eve’s face turn is being handled. It comes off quite smoothly. The segment seemed to a bit repetitive to read though. She is the dominant champion in WZCW, that’s alright but I read that on .Com’s exclusive interview, then on Falk’s RP and now here in this segment. So that seemed a bit repetitive.

She deserves the World Championship of course; no wonder she decides to surrender the championship. But brilliant tactics by Vis Imporium’s Chief, Steve Holmes. How embarrassing it’ll be for Eve to lose the title to Austin Reynolds. I’m super excited for this match. I want to see more of these sorts of inring segments. I don’t fancy the idea of tons of backstage interviews in one show. One or two segments like this needs to happen.

Constantine – Backstage Segment

We all know, Mark Keaton is going to return for Unscripted. So this match will be a good one. Justin Cooper’s last RP showed his class and his stature as a champion. It’s going to be a great clash between the RPers rather than the wrestlers themselves. Vis Imporium’s dominance is going to take over WZCW.

Logan McAllistar & Noah Ryder vs Vis Imporium (Constantine & Abel)

Confusing match, I should say. I had to re-read a few things to understand the spots. A lot of errs on the usage of the pronoun “he”. Sorry to say this, the match was very much disappointing. I don’t understand why Noah Ryder was crushed in this match. In fact, it was showtime who wrote 3 RPs. If I’m not wrong, he by himself has written those 3 RPs, from the style of writing. But Noah Ryder was beaten to a pulp in this match. He took the pinfall as well!

K-Web, don’t get me wrong but “Suplex-Party” is the worst chant I’ve seen in WZCW. I’m huge hater of that. I had said that in the previous reviews as well and I’ll say that again. WZCW is peculiar which makes us better than the other e-feds. Suplex Party is a direct resemblance of Suplex City. Party? That’s the most ironic name I’ve heard for a move.

The other thing bothers me is that, Logan has been dubbed as an Underdog quite a few times. Honestly speaking, it sounds more absurd than booking Roman Reigns as the underdog. Logan started his career as “Sadistic” Logan which is not before too long and it sounds irrational to dub him as an underdog.

Logan Backstage Segment & Noah’s Segment with Theron

Props for the writers for making the segments. Because, the segments used to be non-cohesive with the shows but now it seems more rational. They’re well timed and well placed. Regarding the backstage segments, I have no problems. There are all fine to me.

Theron Daggershield vs Eve Taylor

Two simple words to describe this match “BRILLIANT WRITING!”

Special props to Yaz for writing this match. Not just because of the action or anything but for focusing on every minute details of the characters (but at the same time I wonder why Yaz doesn’t write my match the same way that I want to see )

Quote:
Theron reaches back and accidentally grabs a handful of hair. Ever the warrior of the light, he quickly releases, but it proves enough of a distraction for him to break Eve's grip.
Keeping Theron a face even when he grabbed Eve’s hair and his reactions after the match to picture how gutted he felt for that win. These sort of small details are well written in this match. Not many used to study the characters this well before writing the match.

Excellent action as well. The match started with headlocks and arm bars, slowly, then it took the pace with some serious ass-kicking. I enjoyed this match very much and it didn’t even have any fancy moves. Some seriously good writing.

Becky Serra’s Segment

I know and we all know this was coming. Not a bad segment though but it was just as expected. No way jose Black’s going to lose this match and get suspended. I liked the spot where she put Ascension as a top show of WZCW.

The unexpected part is Xander Lebelle and Xaitlyn teaming up to face a Mystery tag team. I'm fascinated about that nice. Odd pairing but the mystery opponent adds more flavour to this. Nice little segment.

Another Matt-Mikey Segment

Well, I’ve been in the fed for the past one year and I have seen the segment between Mikey and Matt more than I’ve seen Vee winning. Meh

I haven’t read the Mainevent completely yet; I don’t want to review it without reading it completely. I’ll stop this right here and write it along with the Meltdown review, when the time permits.

Final verdict: Average show

Old 07-23-2016, 03:34 PM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Default Unscripted - Preshow

When the Pre-show was up early this week, it got a lot of hype but not its all watered down as it’s been 5 days since it’s been up and the PPV is yet to be on board. I know the creative’s been working hard on that but this time delay makes me wonder if the pre-show’s up way too early?

Anyhow, let’s get to the review. The pre-show always hypes the matches in a short sweet way and being that written by only one person makes the flow very well. Although, there are some errs in it that I need to point out.

Opening segment

The segment started with Leon acknowledging the presence of WZCW Hall of Famer Everest and Becky Serra, the general manager of Ascension. First things first. I’ve been saying this quite a lot lately but I still don’t understand why this happens. Why the WZCW World Champion is not being recognized? Not been considered as the face of the company? There’s a big gamble in making the story to revolve around Garth Black and Live Mas. Because Live Mas isn’t bigger than the World Championship. Matt Tastic isn’t bigger than Mikey Stormrage anymore. The fact is, Mikey has beaten Matt after vacating the tag title and he is the Champion. But the story keeps revolving around Garth and how he’s been denied of his opportunities.

It is understandable that Garth is the fulcrum here, but Mikey isn’t even given some credits for being the champion. Even the poster has the picture of him on top which makes it quite obvious that he’s going to win the championship. The good thing about the segment is, the reactions of Becky Serra when the name Garth Black was mentioned. Her dismal interest in him was the brilliant part of this segment. Even if the creative has big segments involving the all three Main eventers, I still feel Mikey has been left out.

The segment continued with the discussion about all the title matches. It’s a nice thing because titles are always bigger than names. Even there were not many big discussions about all the title matches, I feel this was enough. Everest mentioned some key points and they quickly moved on to the first pre-show match. The writings were very well despite having some spelling mistakes. Dave should’ve proof read it before posted. Most notable thing is the usage of ‘i’ in place of ‘u’ in many words. For instance, stiffs instead of stuffs and bi for but and so on.

Xander LeBelle & Xaitlyn vs ??? & ???

Both Xander and Xaitlyn makes their entrances. I hope Kapu won’t get hurt by the entrance because again it’s not in the way he wanted it to be. Personally I don’t care how Xaitlyn’s entrance is, because the RPs are not creepy and Xaitlyn’s doing TV shows. I always like when the story in the RPs are brought into the shows. Commentators acknowledging Xaitlyn’s TV show appearance is a nice touch. I just hope the creative acknowledge the backstage interviews the WZCW superstars have in their RPs. Another thing I like with this writing is the commentary. Cohen always act like a dick. He is one-sided, heelish and all. But it all makes sense when Funkay and Dave write the matches. The commentators do an awesome job when these two write that.

The opponents Haven and Carmen Bratchny are revealed with great hype. Certainly no one could’ve guessed this. To be honest, many doesn’t even know who these Carmen is. But Dave did a brilliant job in hyping the crowd every time when Carmen makes a move. The readers definitely would’ve hyped and everyone on the discussion thread were discussing only about Carmen. Brilliant piece of writing.

The end of the match was predictable though. No way Xander is going to take the pinfall. He is always going to let his partner high and dry in one end. Nice win of Haven and Carmen.

Second Segment

Everest got himself goosebumps by the return of Carmen. So much of introduction for this guy but much needed as not many is familiar with him. Perhaps Becky could’ve addressed how she reached him out or about his past and stuffs. But it’s all fine, we can wait till the next set of shows to know that.

Then they discuss about Luke Manson vs Tony Mancini and James Howard vs Logan McAllistar. The death of Tony’s parents could’ve acknowledged here. The segment is all good. Nothing much to say about this.

Theon’s 1-Up Challenge poll results

No wonder Noah won it with a landslide. It’s because of two things. One, Showtime has been putting over him so much in the RPs. Two, Cyberpunk and NSL wrote their RPs even in the previous round in such a way that either of them don’t want to face Theron. Anyhow, the one who wanted this match got it and it’s not so Unscripted.

I have a big doubt here. NSL no-showed, didn’t he? If he had sent a RP (even if it’s not so great) through PM to the creative, then I’m absolutely okay with how this match was written. Else, this match looked quite long than it should be. John Doe got a lot of offense upfront and looked so dangerous. Everyone has their reasons to no-show, the rule is if someone no-show the match should be a squash, if not a squash the match should be short and one-sided. If NSL hasn’t written any RP, this match is questionable. Even if the debate turns out that the match featured in a PPV so the no-show wasn’t considered much, this is just a pre-show and we have tons of other things to overshadow this.

Another thing that bothered me in this match is, the crowd kept cheering and showering claps when the John Doe was ambushed badly in the blood bath. No matter how much a crowd hates a person they’re not going to cheer when this is going to happen. Should’ve reconsidered this before writing.

Final Segment

The segment opens with the presenters discussing about the match between John Doe and Veejay. Then it continues with the discussion about Flex and Dorian. Nothing much to say about the segment. The pre-show concluded with Leon Kensworth announcing the polls are all closed officially, rightly said.

Final Verdict: Good but Controversial writing in my perspective. Not sure how others take this Mikey and NSL thingy I’ve mentioned.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:22 PM
Join WZCW because writing is hip
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...

Unscripted

Review.

SHOW OPENING: Presentation and opening commentary was fine. Good choice for a PPV song as well.

NITPIC : Every match should have a headliner in a PPV, a graphic showing X vs X and maybe even a picture of the belts under the headliner. I've seen this in older PPVs and really like it. Its the little things that come together to make the big things that much better.

TITUS vs VEE : Vee A.D.Z comes to the ring, his family is in the crowd and he has the crowd behind him, Titus announcing that the secret stipulation is an empty arena match is kind of brilliant taken from both RPs and the importance of Vee having his family in the crowd....

Flex vs Slaughter : . Very good opening match between the fitness master and the director of evil Dorian Slaughter. Slaughter jumps Flex with a sneak attack and beats him up for awhile before the bell even rings.....then we get the voting results at a perfect time. I liked that. Great match to start the PPV.

Banks announcement : A welcome surprise making the mid card belts even more unique.

Theron's open challenge
gets a nice large gif headline to give the match a tidy, important opening.

This one was kind of a quick read and didn't feel that important during the read. The use of

1.....2.....3 followed by text is different and seems kind of weird. But it wasn't bad, could've saved the last 1.....2......3 with a spoiler tag to trick the reader a little bit. The ending with both wrestlers "Crossing swords" made me laugh and was kind of a goofy image.

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS : The match voting was close, the decision for a normal match as one of the options was a strange one. Vis Imperium and Cooper come out ....should've used Coopers music instead of the tag music... Vis Imperium surround Cooper eventually until the lights go out, and Mark Keaton appears in a spotlight in the ring playing an electric guitar, match on.. that was cool. Great match, cool ending.

RAMPARTE VS KAGURA : Didn't like it. The writing was good, the idea I'm just not a fan of. It seemed like a normal one on one match would've served this feud better. There is also a tendacy in PPVs to have one or both wrestlers busted open, it shouldn't happen so much. Nicely written, but not for me.

MANCINI VS MANSOIN. ANOTHER closely voted match and lumberjack won the voting.
This was a fun match even if I have little to zero knowledge of the lumberjacks involved. Mancini paying off some lumberjacks was a nice touch. A major brawl breaks out in the ring and Manson wins with his special move. Fun even without the knowledge of these old characters....presumably a mixture of Frank and FWRs old characters?

VEE vs TITUS : Honestly didn't like this match, not a fan of quiet matches where every groan or comment of the wrestler is heard. Seemed strange there was so much chatting during the contest. Incredibly lame joke for no reason during the fight about meteors. After what seems like a grueling submission loss, Vee cuts a quick promo with the ref on why he lost and stuff....even though he should be winded and not in the mood to talk. This match would've been served better with no talking and a roaring crowd.

Logan vs Howard. : . A straight forward match with Logan capturing the victory. Well written contest and have no complaints here.

EVE VS AUSTIN : A great ladder match for Eves title, lots of good moments and commentating. But the ending was nothing to be desired, I can't think of what could've been written right now but I kind of hated the ending. Such a long, long reign with the title deserves a little bit better ending to the match than that.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP : Obviously the best is saved for last and this hell in the cell delivered. Garth pulling the female referee in the way of a chair shot was good. Tastic hitting his special move but no ref around, Stormrage gets destroyed by two mysterious intruders and is left for dead tied up on the ropes. More close calls, Stormrage recovers and Black ends it with a hardcore shot to win the belt. Awesome main event to close the show.

Great read overall, a few spelling errors and lack of match headliner graphics. Big props to all involved and if I could rep all of you at the same time, I would.

TALK TO JIM