WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > WrestleZone Championship Wrestling > Backstage
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-15-2017, 09:36 PM
Turn Bayley heel
TNA Champion

Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Tastycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prophet View Post
The Aftershock match had me so worried.

I can't remember what the exact votes were but if 7 people voted (it's been weird lately with all the changes, never know how many people are voting these days) than it was a 4-3 vote. Super, super close match just like it was at the PPV.

Working with you really made me step up my game even more than I already had. Especially that Aftershock match I figured out what it takes to keep the World Title. I may be 4-0 but it could easily be 2-2 with you having won the title and retained it.

One of my favourite feuds even if it was only a single cycle.
If Cooper was always going to turn, then I am glad Black didn't win. Black leaves having been in the right all along and if and when he ever comes back, he will be a face, and the feud isn't so stale that you couldn't do it with the allegiances split.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Not a question but 20 points for use of the S Express theme. Perfect wrestling theme for sure.
I've been wanting to use it for years. I had about three character ideas, but the theme made me pick this one.

WrestleZone Tournament, 2015
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:04 AM
Don't thank me; I've done nothing
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

What would Garth Black have made of Barbosa?
Old 05-17-2017, 11:05 PM
Turn Bayley heel
TNA Champion

Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Барбоса View Post
What would Garth Black have made of Barbosa?
I'm not sure this version of Garth Black could exist in a world with Barbosa - he was a reaction to identikit performers, and Barbosa isn't that. Black expressed his respect for Eve Taylor a few times directly because of that, and I suppose it would be the same.

From a Tastylces point of view, which I suppose fuels the above, I think Barbosa is one of the most interesting characters we've ever had, if not the best.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:54 AM
Don't thank me; I've done nothing
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastycles View Post
I'm not sure this version of Garth Black could exist in a world with Barbosa - he was a reaction to identikit performers, and Barbosa isn't that. Black expressed his respect for Eve Taylor a few times directly because of that, and I suppose it would be the same.

From a Tastylces point of view, which I suppose fuels the above, I think Barbosa is one of the most interesting characters we've ever had, if not the best.
Thanks for that. Barbosa was a lot of fun to write.

I always thought that someone like Garth Black could have been an interesting addition to the chaos of say BarboSHIT or Saxoteur. His (and your) take on what were essentially the 'real-life comicbook' adventures of ridiculous characters could have been amusing.

For some reason, I saw Black as potentially a Narrator type character, recording the latest mess that these lunatics had gotten themselves into and wondering why/how he had been roped into it, only for Garth to eventually snap completely and join up with someone like Dr Zeus to rid WZCW of such colourful/mentally ill characters, only to then prove himself to be as unstable or more so than any of those he was crusading against.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:48 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
ECW TV Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Hey Tasty, I know I'm a bit late to the party. First off, I want to say thanks for the kind words in my stepping down thread.

I know that our feud wasn't the best, most of it I feel was my fault because despite being in the World Title picture those last few PPVs, I was struggling creatively. Anyway, I know that Stormrage was a constant target in Black's rants about authority favorites and special treatment. I would joke to the team at the time that you legit hated me and my character. Do you think you would have gone after anyone who had been a top star at that time or was Mikey just an easy target?
Old 05-23-2017, 11:18 PM
Turn Bayley heel
TNA Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Yaz View Post
Hey Tasty, I know I'm a bit late to the party. First off, I want to say thanks for the kind words in my stepping down thread.

I know that our feud wasn't the best, most of it I feel was my fault because despite being in the World Title picture those last few PPVs, I was struggling creatively. Anyway, I know that Stormrage was a constant target in Black's rants about authority favorites and special treatment. I would joke to the team at the time that you legit hated me and my character. Do you think you would have gone after anyone who had been a top star at that time or was Mikey just an easy target?
I think it's a bit of both. It was way easier to go after someone on creative, and perhaps that's why I pretty much only did that. Creative have the benefit of having total control over their characters, whereas we don't. The only time it actually bothered me was when Black was derogatory about someone losing to a woman, but it bothers me when any character does that. It's clear that in the WZCW Universe, women are equal in terms of success, so they shouldn't be viewed as weaker. Anyway, I digress.

It's easy to go after Creative's characters because of that advantage - their characters always look stronger because there is the input of their creator at every juncture.

Mikey in particular was interesting because he basically ended up on top for such a long time that he had lots of high profile losses. He still won when it mattered, and for all intents and purposes deserved to be there, but I was fortunate that Mikey became champion without beating the champion and then had to face me.

I don't have any beef with creative at all. The whole Black character came from the fact that I prefer realism, and was trying to present a realistic character, and I don't think the fed was at that point so I went as far that way as I could.

I wanted creative to feel that way because it makes it a lot more real. It's a move from the Vince Russo playbook. Haiku wrote his thread saying how he thought my post was real. I remember listening to Dave's podcast a while back and he said he always felt bad after reading one of my RPs because I was shitting on the hard work. And now you say this. It means I was doing my job properly. Wrestling is about making fake fighting give you real feelings, and that's hard enough in real wrestling. To do it on here was a real challenge, but I think I achieved it, which I'm happy about.

I guess that's a roundabout way of saying Mikey, being handled by the Head of Creative, was in the wrong place at the wrong time to suffer Black's wrath.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:56 PM
Reaper of Miracles
World Heavyweight Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Who was your favorite opponent to RP against during this last run with Black? Do have any thoughts on Kagura's latest run? We were semi-final round opponents in the Gold Rush last year.

Thanks.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:10 AM
WZCW's EurAsian champion (Still)
World Heavyweight Champion

Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...

Yello, Oh yeah. Back up theme song?
Dave also did my sig.