WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-21-2017, 07:37 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

We all have our opinions on the significance of February being Black History Month, either way it seems like an appropriate time to post an animated video featuring one of the most brilliant human beings who ever lived.

Maya Angelou reportedly did not speak until she was eight years old, the reason for which is one of many very intense experiences that she had to endure throughout her life. In her life, she was the rarest gem among a populace that was, at best, not nearly as refined as her. I absolutely love this woman with all my heart, and I heed her lessons every day throughout the year.

The following is an interview conducted by Studs Terkel in 1970, presented in animated form by the PBS series known as "Blank on Blank". All of their episodes are available on YouTube, and every one of them are amazing examples of the character behind some larger than life figures. Also; this particular interview makes reference to the origins of the term "mark", which I think bears significance on a pro-wrestling forum.

Patrick Smith - Maya Angelou on Con Men

Old 04-24-2017, 11:49 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

Dreams are many things to many people, they're an anomaly of our subconscious mind that can reveal truths of ourselves that we've never considered. One can't help but wonder if a dream is more than just our mind placing our perspectives into irrationally arranged imitations of reality, if perhaps we're being given directions from a higher power or if we're being presented with a mild impression of things to come. However we interpret our dreams, when we dream we're often trapped in that world of our mind's creation while being convinced that every odd occurrence is (at the very least) real.

Before any major production really attacked the idea of dreams being more than they seem, British animator Tony Collingwood produced his first work known as Rarg. This film found so much success around the world, that Tony Collingwood was able to start his own production company -- Collingwood & Co. -- that still exists today.

Tony Collingwood - Rarg

Old 05-01-2017, 08:41 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

We have the ability to assign meaning, through our wild imaginations we can grant significance to anything. Your current state of mind, environment and potential are all subject to the whims of how you interpret them. What's real can be scientifically proven, but what's believed can shape what's real from an obscure set of mundane facts into a beautiful tapestry of blissful truths.

The Old Man and the Sea was a story published by literary great Earnest Hemingway in 1952, and it was as much an allegorical lesson on the wonders of existentialism as it was just a simple story about a determined old man. You read the book, and the book speaks to you, as if a God-like observer is reporting to you as though you're an even higher power. The story involves the old man, who watches the fish of the sea as a God in his own right and wonders out loud how far his love for them can reach. The old man is determined to catch one particular fish, and his effort to do so shows that his struggle is more for purpose than survival.

Russian animator Alexander Petrov won the Oscar in the category of "Animated Best Short Film" in 2000 for his animated interpretation of Mr. Hemingway's masterpiece, and I believe that it was well earned. Alexander's film was created with frames that were hand painted on glass, the result being a film that's as if one is watching a painting come to life.

Alexander Petrov - The Old Man and the Sea

Old 05-22-2017, 07:41 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

Very shortly after we're born, our minds go into a frenzy. Neurons develop exponentially, and our perspective becomes a star of observation. We're made of carbon forged from stars, and we become stars in our own right. Unaware of our own diminutive stature, or the invisible walls society intends to impose on our will, we discover a world of wonder that, for the fleeting moment that is childhood, fuels our voracious imaginations.

John Hubley is a highly respected name in the world of animation. He's given us the misadventures of Mr. Magoo, and he very boldly refused to name names while being forced to testify on behalf of Joe McCarthy. His bravery caused United Productions of America to fire and blacklist him, and he promptly founded Storyboard Studios. Free to express his imagination through animation without boundaries, he (and his future wife, Faith Elliot) developed his first independent work based on the idea of a child's perspective of the world being the most significant part of an existence.

John Hubley - The Adventures of *

Old 05-30-2017, 07:18 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

One influence can affect an entire artistic medium. One American animator, named Wes Archer, is responsible for some of my favorite cartoons. He worked with Matt Groening on the first series of animated shorts that would eventually become The Simpsons, being the one who recommended using a smaller palette of colors and thus gave Matt Groening's work its distinctive colorful vibrancy. He was an on-again-off-again director for episodes of King of The Hill, and was instrumental in guiding the episodic direction of the show. He's currently a supervising director for one of my favorite cartoons of all time, Rick and Morty.

In 1983, Wes Archer was a student at the California Institute of the Arts. Inspired by a comic strip featured in Robert Crumb's Weirdo comics, he created a cartoon that would serve as the benchmark for future cartoons based around the idea of comical mayhem. This cartoon was called "Jac Mac and Rad Boy, Go!", and it was every bit as frantic and nonsensical as the title implies. Originally aired on Night Flight in 1985, this cartoon featured the first and last appearance of the original chaotic comedic duo.

Wes Archer - Jac Mac and Rad Boy, Go!

Old 06-05-2017, 07:06 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

Through the eyes of a child, the visual world is landscape of distractions. What's seen is filtered through our minds, and what remains in our memory is what we were capable of making of our experience. Our memory is a link to ourselves, a window that reminds us of ourselves as we once were. This submission is a tragic example of an individual's perspective through memory, in that it's the only way they can perceive their place in the visual world.

Vladislav Fesenko - I Go Seek

Old 06-12-2017, 10:15 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

Mark Twain once said "Never let facts get in the way of a good story". Stories endear themselves to us by providing all the emotional nuance that we'd otherwise have to figure out how to responsibly apply on our own. There are times when facts overshadow the magic of fiction, and at those times all one has to do is reveal the facts in an amusing tone to tell a purely factual story.

This submission has commentary from comedian John Morrison (not the wrestler), made even more amusing by the claymation mastery of American animator Barry Bruce. It's an examination of the darker side of public consciousness regarding the cultural identity of being an American, made amusing by tone and presentation.

Barry Bruce - The Great Cognito

Old 06-19-2017, 08:06 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

When I was a teenager, I dealt with the usual challenges of having to deal with an ever evolving world and the expectations of a society that were becoming obsolete. Eventually I asked myself "What is a perfect life?" and "What is a perfect person?" Regarding both questions; my answer to myself was, and still is, "Perfection is whatever I make of it."

In 1935, a German animator named Lotte Reiniger used her own invention designed to take pictures for stop-motion animation to create one of her many breathtaking works. That short film is called "Galathea", and it's based off of the Greek myth regarding a sculptor named Pygmalion and a statue he created named Galathea that Aphrodite blessed with life.

The moral of the story (it should be mentioned that the story has evolved over time) is that Pygmalion wanted to share his life with his vision of living perfection, though Galathea resented Pygmalion as he was attracted to her for her appearance. It was only after he recognized that Galathea wasn't just a beautiful woman but was an identity that deserved to be respected, that she was willing to share his life with hers.

Lotte Reiniger - Galathea

Old 06-26-2017, 09:22 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

Freedom is a relative term, we'll never be as free as the potential of its meaning to our imaginations. It seems as though we're taught a paradoxical disposition as we adapt to our surroundings, that freedom can only be achieved by applying your potential to empower a lawful society. Mother nature crafted our physiology to allow us to achieve great feats in athleticism, though we're hopelessly dependent on the resources and physics of the tiny blue dot that is planet Earth to develop properly.

For some of us; life on Earth is another day in a human zoo. We can find pleasure in seeing ourselves achieve great things, and in wanting to match another person's level of achievement. Either way; we've learned to validate our own existence based more-so on the potential we have to serve society, and less-so on the potential we have to sustain ourselves purely on what resources the Earth provides.

At a certain point, life becomes like what is depicted in the following submission. Every day is exactly the same, every living person serves a purpose unto society. Being as content as cattle, we accept our fate and hardly question the Oligarchs.

Santiago Grasso - The Employment

Old 07-05-2017, 07:06 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

This will likely be my last posting for a while, as I'm about to head off on a work related adventure in an area of the world where any internet access is supposedly a rare luxury. Top men are working around the clock to make sure that there will be internet there eventually, so my fingers are crossed that I won't have to be dead to the world wide web.

If the tales are true and I'll be taking a long hiatus from being able to blissfully procrastinate on the internet, I'd like to go out on a fun note. The Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion has been running a series of TV ads that those of us below the border haven't been able to enjoy, where they emphasize their message by adding "as fuck" at the end. It ads humor to a serious message about living life more happily, and these ads prove that Canadian wit is a criminally underappreciated aspect of life in today's world.

Anik Rosenblum - Free AF