WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Sports Arena
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-14-2017, 10:26 PM
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
1. You're lying, as usual. You're an idiot.
2. You're trying to argue over 1000 rebounds isn't statistically significant. You're an idiot.
3. I already addressed this from you and exposed it for the stupidity it is. You're an idiot.
4. If that's really what you've gotten from what I've posted, then your reading comprehension skills are the equivalent of a 13 year old. You're an idiot.

1. Competitiveness is an internal trait. Being a good teammate is not. Which is why one can be measured and the other not. You're an idiot.
2. No one flocked to play with Jordan. They flock to play with LeBron. This is not hard to understand, for anyone who is not an idiot. You're an idiot.
3. 6 championships is a team accomplishment and I said LeBron's team accomplishments exceed Jordan's. Anyone with a 6th grade reading level would understand what I said. You're an idiot.
4. And, again, you're making excuses for Jordan's failings. You're an idiot.
5. You literally took something I said to JGlass and are now pretending I said it to you. Once more, you show a pathetic level of reading comprehension. You're an idiot.

You really should stop posting, you're exposing yourself as an incredibly stupid poster. Regardless of your ignorance of basketball, the fact you consistently show zero understanding of what you read reflects upon your low level of intelligence. Seriously, just stop.
More deflecting and refusing to answer. Couldn't come up with any examples of 80s 90s players "flocking" to play with others? How come? Mad? Going to the finals is better than winning the title? Noted. I made you so mad that you're just arguing anything now. You all up in your feelings. Just a real hoe ass dude. Hard to talk sports with hoe ass dudes. No wonder you're all on this "Mike was mean and Lebron is nice" hoe shit.

You're too young. Perhaps someday you'll grow up and have a bit more perspective on these things, chap. Until then.... just shut the fuck up when grown men are talking hoops, hoe.

Last edited by LBGetBack : 06-14-2017 at 10:37 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:50 PM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I hate the quote game, but what the hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Let's ignore for a moment the difficulty in comparing two different types of players who played two different positions in two different eras and pretend there can be a valid argument.
An argument that I can't believe hasn't been brought up by others. They're 2 different positions. Frankly, I'd argue Jordan averaging only 1 rebound less than someone at a position closer to the basket (and in this era James sometimes plays center) is an argument for Jordan, and not against him.

Jordan was also a shooting guard, which, by definition, doesn't pass as much. James, as basically a point forward, plays a much (and it's not even close) different style. Besides, it's not like Jordan couldn't pass the ball well. In year 1997 he made a pass that seemed to work out well. I know it's only one example, but James seems to do this way too often.

And different eras. Screw that argument about Jordan/James. I think it's more interesting about teams. People are comparing the 96 Bulls to this years Warriors. Which rules do they play by? That alone would likely determine the winner.

Quote:
If you take Michael Jordan's six championships, which are team accomplishments, out of the equation, by what metric can you claim Jordan is better than LeBron? He wasn't a better (or more versatile) defender or a better ball handler. He was a better scorer (though with a lower shooting percentage), but not nearly as good of a passer or rebounder. And, simply put, he wasn't as good of a teammate as LeBron.
If you want to refer to all championships as team accomplishments, then any statement regarding James carrying his teams there are null and void.

And better shot? Barely in terms of FG%. And that's mostly because James's jump shot was so bad early on he drove all the time. He has developed it over time and even has a better 3P%. But considering he takes 4 3's a game compared to Jordan's 1.7, he should be better. Their careers parellel a little in that area because as Jordan aged he developed the turn around fadeaway (which imo is one of the prettiest shots ever).

Better defender? Since you're such a nut for numbers, I will refer to Phenom's original post as my argument.

Quote:
So when you take the ONE team accomplishment out of the equation, how can you say Jordan was better? The fact is if the roles had been reversed, if LeBron had come before Jordan and Jordan had grown up in the 24/7 social media era, Jordan would never be as heralded as he is today and LeBron would be the ghost everyone tries to catch. Jordan's gambling and womanizing would have been far more prominent in the headlines, his merchandising would not be revolutionary and the Bulls wouldn't have been able to put a quality team around him.
I don't care about any of this in regards to the game of basketball. You can speculate all you like.

Quote:
They, along with Wilt and possibly Kareem, are the greatest basketball players ever. But if you want to ignore the difficulties in comparing them and do so anyways, there's just not any argument which can be made to support Jordan over LeBron, aside from pointing to the accomplishment of 12 guys, numerous coaches and front office personnel. And that's not really the best way to compare individuals.
I'd throw Magic and Bird in there as well. I'd even argue removing Wilt. Though a stat machine, championships do matter to most everyone but you, Sly

Quote:
So what you're saying is that Jordan is better than LeBron because the early 90s Bulls front office was better than the mid-00s Cavs front office, and because people actually want to play with LeBron and people didn't want to play with Jordan?
So what's your excuse for James in these Cleveland years? Or even in his Miami years? He's certainly had plenty of help. They were easily the best superteam in the league in Miami (partly by his own colluding). 50% seems like a failure to me. Shall I link the "how many championships...?" clip here?
Hell, he is the GM of the Cavs, regardless of what position someone else in the organization holds. If you can attempt to use Jordan's personal life transgressions as an argument, James's abilities as a de facto GM surely are in play. Also, besides Pippen, who else did Jordan have that was anything but a role player? Bill Cartwright? John Paxson? Horace Grant? Not exactly world beaters.

See a lot of this really differs on our personalities (obviously). You can quote James's stats all day and say he's better. I could quote Jordan's stats alone and still make a fair argument (because player A vs. player B, with no position, era or any other information provided, anyone would take James). But not everything is reflected in the stat sheet. What I can also do is say, without a doubt, if I need someone to win me a basketball game, I pick Michael Jordan 10 times out of 10. Would James certainly be a good #2 choice? Definitely. Though if I'm picking a floor general with those abilities I'd probably still take Magic (a much more fun, or at least equal, comparison on who's better btw). But James would certainly help my team. The thing is though, with the game on the line near the end, Jordan will take that ball, score under most any circumstance, and likely hit the game winning shot. James, he might be the the one to pass it to him...

Last edited by Fire Marshall Bill : 06-15-2017 at 12:57 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote