WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Sports Arena
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #61  
Old 06-14-2017, 10:26 PM
LBGetBack LBGetBack is offline
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 977
LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
1. You're lying, as usual. You're an idiot.
2. You're trying to argue over 1000 rebounds isn't statistically significant. You're an idiot.
3. I already addressed this from you and exposed it for the stupidity it is. You're an idiot.
4. If that's really what you've gotten from what I've posted, then your reading comprehension skills are the equivalent of a 13 year old. You're an idiot.


1. Competitiveness is an internal trait. Being a good teammate is not. Which is why one can be measured and the other not. You're an idiot.
2. No one flocked to play with Jordan. They flock to play with LeBron. This is not hard to understand, for anyone who is not an idiot. You're an idiot.
3. 6 championships is a team accomplishment and I said LeBron's team accomplishments exceed Jordan's. Anyone with a 6th grade reading level would understand what I said. You're an idiot.
4. And, again, you're making excuses for Jordan's failings. You're an idiot.
5. You literally took something I said to JGlass and are now pretending I said it to you. Once more, you show a pathetic level of reading comprehension. You're an idiot.

You really should stop posting, you're exposing yourself as an incredibly stupid poster. Regardless of your ignorance of basketball, the fact you consistently show zero understanding of what you read reflects upon your low level of intelligence. Seriously, just stop.
More deflecting and refusing to answer. Couldn't come up with any examples of 80s 90s players "flocking" to play with others? How come? Mad? Going to the finals is better than winning the title? Noted. I made you so mad that you're just arguing anything now. You all up in your feelings. Just a real hoe ass dude. Hard to talk sports with hoe ass dudes. No wonder you're all on this "Mike was mean and Lebron is nice" hoe shit.

You're too young. Perhaps someday you'll grow up and have a bit more perspective on these things, chap. Until then.... just shut the fuck up when grown men are talking hoops, hoe.

Last edited by LBGetBack : 06-14-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-15-2017, 12:50 PM
Fire Marshall Bill's Avatar
Fire Marshall Bill Fire Marshall Bill is offline
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,259
Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

I hate the quote game, but what the hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Let's ignore for a moment the difficulty in comparing two different types of players who played two different positions in two different eras and pretend there can be a valid argument.
An argument that I can't believe hasn't been brought up by others. They're 2 different positions. Frankly, I'd argue Jordan averaging only 1 rebound less than someone at a position closer to the basket (and in this era James sometimes plays center) is an argument for Jordan, and not against him.

Jordan was also a shooting guard, which, by definition, doesn't pass as much. James, as basically a point forward, plays a much (and it's not even close) different style. Besides, it's not like Jordan couldn't pass the ball well. In year 1997 he made a pass that seemed to work out well. I know it's only one example, but James seems to do this way too often.

And different eras. Screw that argument about Jordan/James. I think it's more interesting about teams. People are comparing the 96 Bulls to this years Warriors. Which rules do they play by? That alone would likely determine the winner.

Quote:
If you take Michael Jordan's six championships, which are team accomplishments, out of the equation, by what metric can you claim Jordan is better than LeBron? He wasn't a better (or more versatile) defender or a better ball handler. He was a better scorer (though with a lower shooting percentage), but not nearly as good of a passer or rebounder. And, simply put, he wasn't as good of a teammate as LeBron.
If you want to refer to all championships as team accomplishments, then any statement regarding James carrying his teams there are null and void.

And better shot? Barely in terms of FG%. And that's mostly because James's jump shot was so bad early on he drove all the time. He has developed it over time and even has a better 3P%. But considering he takes 4 3's a game compared to Jordan's 1.7, he should be better. Their careers parellel a little in that area because as Jordan aged he developed the turn around fadeaway (which imo is one of the prettiest shots ever).

Better defender? Since you're such a nut for numbers, I will refer to Phenom's original post as my argument.

Quote:
So when you take the ONE team accomplishment out of the equation, how can you say Jordan was better? The fact is if the roles had been reversed, if LeBron had come before Jordan and Jordan had grown up in the 24/7 social media era, Jordan would never be as heralded as he is today and LeBron would be the ghost everyone tries to catch. Jordan's gambling and womanizing would have been far more prominent in the headlines, his merchandising would not be revolutionary and the Bulls wouldn't have been able to put a quality team around him.
I don't care about any of this in regards to the game of basketball. You can speculate all you like.

Quote:
They, along with Wilt and possibly Kareem, are the greatest basketball players ever. But if you want to ignore the difficulties in comparing them and do so anyways, there's just not any argument which can be made to support Jordan over LeBron, aside from pointing to the accomplishment of 12 guys, numerous coaches and front office personnel. And that's not really the best way to compare individuals.
I'd throw Magic and Bird in there as well. I'd even argue removing Wilt. Though a stat machine, championships do matter to most everyone but you, Sly

Quote:
So what you're saying is that Jordan is better than LeBron because the early 90s Bulls front office was better than the mid-00s Cavs front office, and because people actually want to play with LeBron and people didn't want to play with Jordan?
So what's your excuse for James in these Cleveland years? Or even in his Miami years? He's certainly had plenty of help. They were easily the best superteam in the league in Miami (partly by his own colluding). 50% seems like a failure to me. Shall I link the "how many championships...?" clip here?
Hell, he is the GM of the Cavs, regardless of what position someone else in the organization holds. If you can attempt to use Jordan's personal life transgressions as an argument, James's abilities as a de facto GM surely are in play. Also, besides Pippen, who else did Jordan have that was anything but a role player? Bill Cartwright? John Paxson? Horace Grant? Not exactly world beaters.

See a lot of this really differs on our personalities (obviously). You can quote James's stats all day and say he's better. I could quote Jordan's stats alone and still make a fair argument (because player A vs. player B, with no position, era or any other information provided, anyone would take James). But not everything is reflected in the stat sheet. What I can also do is say, without a doubt, if I need someone to win me a basketball game, I pick Michael Jordan 10 times out of 10. Would James certainly be a good #2 choice? Definitely. Though if I'm picking a floor general with those abilities I'd probably still take Magic (a much more fun, or at least equal, comparison on who's better btw). But James would certainly help my team. The thing is though, with the game on the line near the end, Jordan will take that ball, score under most any circumstance, and likely hit the game winning shot. James, he might be the the one to pass it to him...

Last edited by Fire Marshall Bill : 06-15-2017 at 12:57 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-13-2017, 07:31 AM
shooter_mcgavin shooter_mcgavin is offline
Registered User
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,439
shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
When LeBron's career is over, do you think it possible that he will have surpassed Jordan as the greatest of all time? Is he already close? Does anyone think that he's already surpassed Jordan? Let me know your opinions.
I don't really watch Basketball but most of my friends do and of course the NBA gets a lot of attention that's too hard to ignore.

My feeling is no, LeBron will never surpass Jordan. That's not to say LeBron isn't a great athlete and I always find it pretty pathetic for people who make fun of him in the internet. The guy has won 3 Championships and made it to 7 Finals (I think). Until very recently in the NHL Sidney Crosby only made it to the finals twice and had one Championship (though he's won 2 in recent years).

Plus I am sure if I were a Cavs fan I would consider LeBron a folk hero for giving the franchise it's first Championship. And I am sure Heat fans are happy with his brief stint due to the 4 finals appearance and 2 Championships during that period.

But better than Jordan no. And even if he wins another 3 Championships I can't see him being better than Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, and Tim Duncan either.

And the reason for that is because he switched teams to chase (and eventually get) his Championship rings. When you think about the greatest players of any team sport you imagine players playing for one team and becoming franchise players where they have become synonymous with that team.

Sure Jordan played for Washington but his glory years were all with the bulls.

When you think of The Bulls you think of Jordan, when you think of The Patriots you think of Tom Brady, when you think of the Oilers you think of Wayne Gretzky.

Can you really associate LeBron with The Heat or The Cavs?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-13-2017, 11:01 AM
Slyfox696's Avatar
Slyfox696 Slyfox696 is offline
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Missouri
Age: 33
Posts: 5,885
Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_mcgavin View Post
When you think about the greatest players of any team sport you imagine players playing for one team and becoming franchise players where they have become synonymous with that team.
Like Babe Ruth going from the Red Sox to the Yankees, Barry Bonds from the Pirates to the Giants or Greg Maddux from the Cubs to the Braves? Wayne Gretzky with the Oilers, King, Blues and Rangers? Peyton Manning with the Colts and Broncos, Joe Montanta with the 49ers and the Chiefs or even Reggie White from the Eagles to the Packers? How about Kareem going from the Bucks to the Lakers or Wilt playing for the Warriors, 76ers and Lakers?

Out of curiosity, where are you getting this idea the greatest players never changed teams during their greatest years?

Quote:
Sure Jordan played for Washington but his glory years were all with the bulls.
And again with the excuses why Jordan doesn't have to abide by the standard LeBron and others do. It's so ridiculous.

Quote:
When you think of The Bulls you think of Jordan, when you think of The Patriots you think of Tom Brady, when you think of the Oilers you think of Wayne Gretzky.

Can you really associate LeBron with The Heat or The Cavs?
When I think of the NBA from 2004-2017 I think of LeBron James. Why does that not count? Why does it count against LeBron because he was great with two different teams? Like, seriously, that's a terrible argument..."LeBron James cannot be as good as Jordan because LeBron was great on two different teams and Jordan was only great on one".

The arguments are just absurd.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-13-2017, 11:14 AM
Slyfox696's Avatar
Slyfox696 Slyfox696 is offline
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Missouri
Age: 33
Posts: 5,885
Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
More deflecting and refusing to answer.
I didn't deflect anything and utterly destroyed your lying arguments.
Quote:
Couldn't come up with any examples of 80s 90s players "flocking" to play with others? How come?
Because free agency didn't exist until the late 80s, like I said? And I've already pointed out several players who played in the 90s who switched teams chasing a ring: Barkley, Drexler, Malone, Shaq, etc. Hell, even Pippen requested he be traded from the Rockets so he could win another title.

Seriously, you may win the award for most dishonest poster on these forums. All you have done is lie in this thread.
Quote:
Going to the finals is better than winning the title?
I noted NUMEROUS team accomplishments for LeBron. Stop lying.
Quote:
I made you so mad
Oh, I was never once mad. You're just lying out of your ass. Me calling you a liar doesn't mean I was mad, it just means you were lying.

Quote:
Just a real hoe ass dude.


What the fuck does that even mean? Seriously, how stupid and dishonest can one person be?

Quote:
You're too young.


No, I'm just not an idiot and a liar. That's the problem you seem to be having.

Quote:
Until then.... just shut the fuck up when grown men are talking hoops, hoe.


There's no way you're over the age of 15 if you're saying things like that. No way. That's absolutely hilarious. The best part is that, despite all your lies about me being mad, it is painfully obvious YOU are the one who was being all pissy. You constantly lie and then get pissy when someone calls you out for being a liar. That's absolutely hilarious.

Look, if you can't take getting your ass handed to you about basketball by someone who CLEARLY knows far more about basketball than you ever will, then don't post in this thread. You have done nothing but constantly lie and come up with the stupidest arguments possible (for example, your claim 1000 rebounds is insignificant...stupid). How about you wait until you're old enough to buy alcohol before you come back into this debate with someone who clearly outclasses you.

Have a great day.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-13-2017, 11:49 AM
LBGetBack LBGetBack is offline
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 977
LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
I didn't deflect anything and utterly destroyed your lying arguments.
Because free agency didn't exist until the late 80s, like I said? And I've already pointed out several players who played in the 90s who switched teams chasing a ring: Barkley, Drexler, Malone, Shaq, etc. Hell, even Pippen requested he be traded from the Rockets so he could win another title.

Seriously, you may win the award for most dishonest poster on these forums. All you have done is lie in this thread.
I noted NUMEROUS team accomplishments for LeBron. Stop lying.
Oh, I was never once mad. You're just lying out of your ass. Me calling you a liar doesn't mean I was mad, it just means you were lying.



What the fuck does that even mean? Seriously, how stupid and dishonest can one person be?



No, I'm just not an idiot and a liar. That's the problem you seem to be having.



There's no way you're over the age of 15 if you're saying things like that. No way. That's absolutely hilarious. The best part is that, despite all your lies about me being mad, it is painfully obvious YOU are the one who was being all pissy. You constantly lie and then get pissy when someone calls you out for being a liar. That's absolutely hilarious.

Look, if you can't take getting your ass handed to you about basketball by someone who CLEARLY knows far more about basketball than you ever will, then don't post in this thread. You have done nothing but constantly lie and come up with the stupidest arguments possible (for example, your claim 1000 rebounds is insignificant...stupid). How about you wait until you're old enough to buy alcohol before you come back into this debate with someone who clearly outclasses you.

Have a great day.
So you're so mad that you came back a MONTH later and responded? You were probably hoping to sneak this one by and hope I didn't notice or respond, huh? Wanted the last word that badly? How hoe-ish.

Your ring chasing thing is the most dishonest thing you've done yet. So hoe-ish.

You: Nobody flocked to play with Jordan!
Me: The rules were different. Name someone in that era that people flocked to play with.
You: The rules were different, like I said. But uh, duh, uh...Scottie Pippen got traded to Portland in 1999!

WTF? YOU claimed nobody flocked to play with Jordan and used that as a negative against him. Then you come back and say that it wasn't possible for people to flock to play with him(after I already told you that).....wow. So dishonest. Pathetic.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-13-2017, 12:29 PM
Slyfox696's Avatar
Slyfox696 Slyfox696 is offline
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Missouri
Age: 33
Posts: 5,885
Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
I hate the quote game, but what the hell.
Sorry for getting back to you so late, but between vacation and various summer projects, I just kind of forgot about this thread.

Quote:
An argument that I can't believe hasn't been brought up by others. They're 2 different positions.
And they are. It's why comparing Jordan to Chamberlain is silly, as is Jordan and LeBron.

Jordan is seen as the greatest ever for multiple reasons unrelated to basketball. Don't misunderstand, he was a phenomenal player, one of the best ever, but it's the other things (increased television exposure, a booming age of merchandising, lack of 24/7 media, etc.) which contribute to his legacy.

Quote:
Frankly, I'd argue Jordan averaging only 1 rebound less than someone at a position closer to the basket (and in this era James sometimes plays center) is an argument for Jordan, and not against him.
I don't buy that argument a bit. LeBron has often in his career guarded the other teams best player, so he's chasing guys around the perimeter as much as Jordan would have...and Jordan had Pippen to take the hardest defensive assignments. LeBron averaging more rebounds is a point in his favor and the idea Jordan gets the benefit for putting up inferior numbers doesn't make any sense to me.

Quote:
Jordan was also a shooting guard, which, by definition, doesn't pass as much. James, as basically a point forward, plays a much (and it's not even close) different style. Besides, it's not like Jordan couldn't pass the ball well. In year 1997 he made a pass that seemed to work out well. I know it's only one example, but James seems to do this way too often.
Again, not buying that argument. If LeBron wanted to shoot 25 times a game, he could. LeBron chooses not to. If Jordan wanted to not take 24 shots in a game, he could. He chose not to.

You don't get credit for what you did AND for what you didn't do. Jordan gets credit for being a better scorer than James. No one would ever dispute that (though it can be argued James is a more efficient scorer). But Jordan doesn't get a pass for the tradeoff of being the better scorer.

Quote:
And different eras. Screw that argument about Jordan/James. I think it's more interesting about teams. People are comparing the 96 Bulls to this years Warriors. Which rules do they play by? That alone would likely determine the winner.
It wouldn't. The Warriors would beat them. The Bulls did not have any inside game, which is the only place the Warriors might be vulnerable. But with the Warriors ability to spread the floor, the Bulls would have too much trouble handling that and would not have an offensive counter to take advantage. This year's Warriors would beat the '96 Bulls, I have no doubt. Would last year's Warriors have defeated the Bulls? I think they COULD have, but it would be much more of a coin flip.

Quote:
If you want to refer to all championships as team accomplishments, then any statement regarding James carrying his teams there are null and void.
I disagree. The point of James carrying his teams to championships is to point out what the team did without James. He was constantly taking inferior teams and non-playoff teams to much higher heights than they were before or after James was there.

That wasn't true of the Bulls. When Jordan left the Bulls, they were still a playoff team. When Jordan joined the Wizards, they never cracked .500. The point of James carrying his teams is to show his greatness, not to tout team accomplishment.

Quote:
And better shot? Barely in terms of FG%. And that's mostly because James's jump shot was so bad early on he drove all the time. He has developed it over time and even has a better 3P%. But considering he takes 4 3's a game compared to Jordan's 1.7, he should be better. Their careers parellel a little in that area because as Jordan aged he developed the turn around fadeaway (which imo is one of the prettiest shots ever).
I think you may have misread my post here. I said Jordan was the better scorer.

Quote:
Better defender?
Again, I think you misread my post. I never said James was a better defender, I said Jordan wasn't a better defender (leaving open the possibility of rough equality), but I did say LeBron was the more versatile defender, which is absolutely true.

So if they're roughly the same quality of defender, but LeBron is a more versatile defender...

Quote:
I don't care about any of this in regards to the game of basketball. You can speculate all you like.
It's not speculation and it's entirely important to this conversation. People don't compare LeBron to Jordan, they compare LeBron to the myth of Jordan, a myth which has been cultivated on those things I've mentioned.

When you compare the two men, not their legends, then it's clear Jordan is not what people make him out to be. He was a great player, but he wasn't what people pretend he is.

Quote:
I'd throw Magic and Bird in there as well. I'd even argue removing Wilt. Though a stat machine, championships do matter to most everyone but you, Sly
I'm not saying they don't matter, I'm saying they're irrelevant when comparing the quality of an individuals.

Quote:
So what's your excuse for James in these Cleveland years? Or even in his Miami years?
....why do you think I need an excuse? For what does LeBron need an excuse?

He's been to seven straight NBA Finals. He's won 3 championships. In the years his team didn't win the championship, he only played semi-poorly in one of those years (2011). In 2015, James was CLEARLY the best player on the floor and only didn't win the Finals MVP because of some stupid mentality that the MVP can only come from the winning team. In 2017, James became the first player in NBA history to average a triple-double for the Finals. The last time James wasn't in the NBA Finals, his team was eliminated by "The Big Three" of Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, all of whom are now retired, and James was 25 years old...he's currently 32.

What's there to excuse?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-13-2017, 12:39 PM
Slyfox696's Avatar
Slyfox696 Slyfox696 is offline
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Missouri
Age: 33
Posts: 5,885
Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
So you're so mad that you came back a MONTH later and responded?
Not mad at all. I had a vacation in that time and forgot about this thread until another poster commented in it. You'll notice I also replied to Fire Marshall Bill who, unlike you, isn't an idiot and a liar.

It's amusing you're trying so hard to pretend I'm mad about something, just because I'm honestly calling you a liar.

Quote:
You were probably hoping to sneak this one by and hope I didn't notice or respond, huh? Wanted the last word that badly? How hoe-ish.
No, I just have a life outside of arguing with an idiot and a liar and totally forgot about this thread.

Quote:
Your ring chasing thing is the most dishonest thing you've done yet. So hoe-ish.

You: Nobody flocked to play with Jordan!
Me: The rules were different. Name someone in that era that people flocked to play with.
You: The rules were different, like I said. But uh, duh, uh...Scottie Pippen got traded to Portland in 1999!

WTF? YOU claimed nobody flocked to play with Jordan and used that as a negative against him. Then you come back and say that it wasn't possible for people to flock to play with him(after I already told you that).....wow. So dishonest. Pathetic.
And again you lie. I said free agency wasn't a thing until the late 80s. People could have flocked to play with Jordan anytime after 1988, but they didn't. You asked for people who went ring chasing and I gave you names.

Your lying has gotten old and it stops now. I have no problem with you arguing with me and I have no problem with your insults which sound like they come from a teenager experiencing acne for the first time. But your lying stops. Consider that an official warning from an Administrator. Argue/debate all you want. Insult if you choose. But stop lying about what I said. I am no longer going to tolerate it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-13-2017, 12:51 PM
LBGetBack LBGetBack is offline
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 977
LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Sorry for getting back to you so late, but between vacation and various summer projects, I just kind of forgot about this thread.

And they are. It's why comparing Jordan to Chamberlain is silly, as is Jordan and LeBron.

Jordan is seen as the greatest ever for multiple reasons unrelated to basketball. Don't misunderstand, he was a phenomenal player, one of the best ever, but it's the other things (increased television exposure, a booming age of merchandising, lack of 24/7 media, etc.) which contribute to his legacy.

I don't buy that argument a bit. LeBron has often in his career guarded the other teams best player, so he's chasing guys around the perimeter as much as Jordan would have...and Jordan had Pippen to take the hardest defensive assignments. LeBron averaging more rebounds is a point in his favor and the idea Jordan gets the benefit for putting up inferior numbers doesn't make any sense to me.

Again, not buying that argument. If LeBron wanted to shoot 25 times a game, he could. LeBron chooses not to. If Jordan wanted to not take 24 shots in a game, he could. He chose not to.

You don't get credit for what you did AND for what you didn't do. Jordan gets credit for being a better scorer than James. No one would ever dispute that (though it can be argued James is a more efficient scorer). But Jordan doesn't get a pass for the tradeoff of being the better scorer.

It wouldn't. The Warriors would beat them. The Bulls did not have any inside game, which is the only place the Warriors might be vulnerable. But with the Warriors ability to spread the floor, the Bulls would have too much trouble handling that and would not have an offensive counter to take advantage. This year's Warriors would beat the '96 Bulls, I have no doubt. Would last year's Warriors have defeated the Bulls? I think they COULD have, but it would be much more of a coin flip.

I disagree. The point of James carrying his teams to championships is to point out what the team did without James. He was constantly taking inferior teams and non-playoff teams to much higher heights than they were before or after James was there.

That wasn't true of the Bulls. When Jordan left the Bulls, they were still a playoff team. When Jordan joined the Wizards, they never cracked .500. The point of James carrying his teams is to show his greatness, not to tout team accomplishment.

I think you may have misread my post here. I said Jordan was the better scorer.

Again, I think you misread my post. I never said James was a better defender, I said Jordan wasn't a better defender (leaving open the possibility of rough equality), but I did say LeBron was the more versatile defender, which is absolutely true.

So if they're roughly the same quality of defender, but LeBron is a more versatile defender...

It's not speculation and it's entirely important to this conversation. People don't compare LeBron to Jordan, they compare LeBron to the myth of Jordan, a myth which has been cultivated on those things I've mentioned.

When you compare the two men, not their legends, then it's clear Jordan is not what people make him out to be. He was a great player, but he wasn't what people pretend he is.

I'm not saying they don't matter, I'm saying they're irrelevant when comparing the quality of an individuals.

....why do you think I need an excuse? For what does LeBron need an excuse?

He's been to seven straight NBA Finals. He's won 3 championships. In the years his team didn't win the championship, he only played semi-poorly in one of those years (2011). In 2015, James was CLEARLY the best player on the floor and only didn't win the Finals MVP because of some stupid mentality that the MVP can only come from the winning team. In 2017, James became the first player in NBA history to average a triple-double for the Finals. The last time James wasn't in the NBA Finals, his team was eliminated by "The Big Three" of Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, all of whom are now retired, and James was 25 years old...he's currently 32.

What's there to excuse?
First, we all know you didn't watch the 96 Bulls live, and if you did you were like 8 years old and didn't know what you were seeing.

Funny how you only apply that "Warriors are vulnerable inside but Bulls had no inside game" one way. It applies the other way too. Those Bulls basically only had trouble against elite centers, like Hakeem and the Rockets. The Warriors don't have that.

The Bulls had 3 elite perimeter defenders in Jordan, Pippen, and Harper....plus Rodman. If there's any team equipped to defend these Warriors, it was the '96 Bulls.

I think the Warriors tendency to get loose and careless with the ball would hurt them against a disciplined and veteran team like those Bulls too.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07-13-2017, 12:56 PM
LBGetBack LBGetBack is offline
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 977
LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Not mad at all. I had a vacation in that time and forgot about this thread until another poster commented in it. You'll notice I also replied to Fire Marshall Bill who, unlike you, isn't an idiot and a liar.

It's amusing you're trying so hard to pretend I'm mad about something, just because I'm honestly calling you a liar.

No, I just have a life outside of arguing with an idiot and a liar and totally forgot about this thread.

And again you lie. I said free agency wasn't a thing until the late 80s. People could have flocked to play with Jordan anytime after 1988, but they didn't. You asked for people who went ring chasing and I gave you names.

Your lying has gotten old and it stops now. I have no problem with you arguing with me and I have no problem with your insults which sound like they come from a teenager experiencing acne for the first time. But your lying stops. Consider that an official warning from an Administrator. Argue/debate all you want. Insult if you choose. But stop lying about what I said. I am no longer going to tolerate it.
AGAIN you are subtly lying by changing it to ring chasing. Still ain't named ANY PLAYER that people flocked to play with. Who was Pippen flocking to play with? Rasheed? Who was Shaq flocking to play with....Nick Van Exel?

You're subtly trying to change the conversation. Veterans jumping on good teams and "ring chasing" and stars "flocking" to play with other stars are not the same thing. You tried to apply something from one era to another, and it failed because you're going up against someone who actually watched basketball back then. You can't google your way through this one. Take your L, and stop flopping around like a fish.

LMAO at you being so shook that you want to use your "administrator powers" to stop the onslaught. That's the saddest thing I've ever heard. FOH.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices