WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlemania XXXIII
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-14-2017, 01:09 PM
WWE Women's Champion

XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...

It feels like they are way too many matches going on for WM. Their are rumors now they might do Stephanie vs Noelle Foley at Mania. Vince is running the risk that the crowd just gets fatigued and disinterested midway through Mania.

WM is like the Superbowl of wrestling. I don't think everybody has to be part of the show. If you can't make the cut thats too bad. Half the talent in these battle royals, tag matches and triple threats aren't even over. Every year it feels like the ppv just gets longer.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:31 PM
Knockout Champion

The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXJJ View Post
It feels like they are way too many matches going on for WM. Their are rumors now they might do Stephanie vs Noelle Foley at Mania. Vince is running the risk that the crowd just gets fatigued and disinterested midway through Mania.

WM is like the Superbowl of wrestling. I don't think everybody has to be part of the show. If you can't make the cut thats too bad. Half the talent in these battle royals, tag matches and triple threats aren't even over. Every year it feels like the ppv just gets longer.
I know what you mean. When I sit and begin to piece together what I expect the card to look like I come up with 15 matches. I point to Mania's like 6 that featured alot of matches but around a third of that card had matches that were 5 minutes or less. With the way WWE handles Mania's currently it's tough to envision them having that many short matches which creates the issue above.

All American Boys
Old 03-14-2017, 02:27 PM
WWE Women's Champion

XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fabulous Rougeau's View Post
I know what you mean. When I sit and begin to piece together what I expect the card to look like I come up with 15 matches. I point to Mania's like 6 that featured alot of matches but around a third of that card had matches that were 5 minutes or less. With the way WWE handles Mania's currently it's tough to envision them having that many short matches which creates the issue above.
Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar Raw Title Match
Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton Smackdown title match
Triple H vs Seth Rollins
Undertaker vs Roman Reigns
John Cena/ Nikki Bella vs The Miz & Maryse
AJ Styles vs Shane Mcmahon
Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho - US title
Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin - IC title

That is 8 matches and those angles have been the main focus of Raw & SD leading up to WM... Let New Day host and add a little comic relief and thats your ppv. Everything else feels unnecessary.

Last edited by XXJJ : 03-14-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:43 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXJJ View Post
Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar Raw Title Match
Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton Smackdown title match
Triple H vs Seth Rollins
Undertaker vs Roman Reigns
John Cena/ Nikki Bella vs The Miz & Maryse
AJ Styles vs Shane Mcmahon
Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho - US title
Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin - IC title

That is 8 matches and those angles have been the main focus of Raw & SD leading up to WM... Let New Day host and add a little comic relief and thats your ppv. Everything else feels unnecessary.
I think that will be the actual main card and the rest of the matches will be on the pre show.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:52 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMallard View Post
I think that will be the actual main card and the rest of the matches will be on the pre show.
Thats kind of the problem though. If you are throwing out 6 or 7 more matches during the pre show or whatever they call it.. that is a lot of wrestling to sit through for the live crowd. Pre shows IMO are just meant for throwing out a quick match or 2 to get the crowd pumped up. I don't think thats whats going on here.

Last edited by XXJJ : 03-14-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:13 PM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

They can't put half the card on the pre-show. That just cannot happen.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:33 PM
Gribble me this, Gribble me that...
WWE Diva's Champion

The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...
Default WWE Smackdown Womens Championship Match Idea.

I just had a passing idea, and wondered what you guys thought of it. Asuka has been tearing up NXT for a while now. She is legit as balls and will inject a powerful something into whatever division that she is a part of.

On Smackdown they will be having some sort of match for the Women's title involving every available woman in the division. As lame at that sounds (and it does) it does present an interesting opportunity.

Announce that the match will run as a gauntlet match, with Bliss out first. Then have D/Bry come out and announce that the first woman Bliss will face is the NEWEST addition to the Smackdown Live womens roster, Asuka.

Then have Asuka literally run through the entire women's roster, with each match getting closer and closer but Asuka ultimately coming out on top.

You then add a super legit woman to the thin ass Smackdown roster.

Thoughts?
Old 03-14-2017, 09:33 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

If Asuka comes out at WrestleMania and essentially runs through the entire female roster on SmackDown in some gauntlet match, then there's really nothing else for her to do. Who's left that she hadn't beaten? Tamina and Naomi? Compared to the likes of Mickie James or Becky Lynch, they're nobodies; Naomi is injury prone and Tamina is only there because of her family heritage. I mean...what else is left when you literally beat everyone in one night one right after the other?

If they want to bring out Asuka, and do so as part of the SmackDown roster, maybe do it at the first SmackDown after WrestleMania. Give the first live blue brand episode a little bump post WrestleMania like we often see with Raw.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 03-20-2017, 04:19 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Earlier today, it was announced that the Usos will take on American Alpha tomorrow night on SmackDown Live for the SmackDown Tag Team Championship. I sort of figured they'd save this match for WrestleMania, considering the Usos scored a nontitle win over them last week, but this has me thinking that there might not even be a SmackDown Tag Team Championship match for WrestleMania. Aside from the Usos, there's not really a team on the blue brand that can remotely hang with the Alphas and while it's possible they could have them drop the titles tomorrow night and have the rematch at WrestleMania, I think that they'll ultimately be part of the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

The Tag Team Divisions of both brands are their weakest points, though Raw has the stronger division. It might be best to just let the tag team division for the blue brand not be a factor for WrestleMania and maybe be able to start out fresh in the post WrestleMania season.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 03-21-2017, 05:41 AM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

So, looking like a 15 match Wrestlemania, which in this day and age, simply does not happen.
Are we seriously looking at a 9 match card and 6 match pre-show? Problem is, the live crowd wont get a chance to catch a breath and some of the bigger matches may have a dead crowd.
Does anybody not see this also, or have an idea of what may be the go? Sure Lesnar vs Goldberg will be short and sweet, but that cant finish the show, can it?
For what its worth, I think the following is how the event will pan out:
PRE-SHOW
1. RAW TAG TITLES: GALLOWS AND ANDERSON VS SHEAMUS AND CESARO VS ENZO AND CASS
2. SMACKDOWNS WOMEN TITLE INVITATIONAL ALEXA BLISS VS THE ROSTER
3. IC TITLE: DEAN AMBROSE VS BARON CORBIN
4. CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE: NEVILLE VS AUTIN ARIES
5. SMACKDOWN TAG TITLE MATCH: AMERICAN ALPHA VS THE USOS
6. ANDRE THE GIANT BATTLE ROYALE:
------------------------------------------------------------
MAIN CARD (assuming Shaq plays ball)
1. US TITLE: CHRIS JERICHO VS KEVIN OWENS
2. BIG SHOW VS SHAQUILLE ONEILL