WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-02-2017, 03:45 PM
Writer of smut
WWE European Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate

The Amazing Spider-Man #200 (Jan 1980 (Marvel))
(recommended by John McCass)

How Everything Flows Together: It's a single comic so it flows together nice

The Storyline: Mysterio has shot Spider-Man with something that takes his powers away at the same time his Uncle's killer comes back to NYC looking for something in the Parker house. Spider-man must save his aunt and avenge his Uncle's murder (that he could have prevented but didn't)

Artistry: very dated. It's ok but not anywhere near my favorite

How much I Liked It: It was ok. The lack of back story is what killed it for me. Action was good though so it wasn't to bad

Final Thoughts: This made me realize why I don't do single edition comics. In order for me to get the whole backstory I would have to go back and read a few more which is a pain in the ass on my computer. I much prefer someone else combines them into one book than doing it this way.
My Rating : * * * 1/4 out of 5
Quote:
Up Next
X-Men: Second Coming Revelations

On Deck
Uncanny X-Men: Manifest Destiny

Wolverine: Get Mystique

Get Jiro

Thor

WGW:
Sunday Night Shiver (Spidey [1st show up])/Wednesday Night Fire & Blood (Me)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:54 PM
Writer of smut
WWE European Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...Frank N Steins_Gate is being held back by Triple H...

X-Men: Second Coming Revelations (Marvel)

How Everything Flows Together: It flows ok. It's not a single title but it does have a single overarching storyline that brings it all together.

The Storyline: Mutantkind is on the brink of extinction but are fighting for the survival of the species

Artistry: There's actually a few different styles but none of them are bad to the point that it takes anything away.

How much I Liked It: I liked it but that's probably because of my love for everything X-Men more than anything else.

Final Thoughts: It was ok but without the ones Justin said comes before this one I was a bit lost. Read them in order or risk confusion.

My Rating : * * * * out of 5
Quote:
Up Next
Uncanny X-Men: Manifest Destiny

On Deck

Get Jiro

Thor

WGW:
Old 06-07-2017, 02:12 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

The Darth Vader series from last year is fantastic.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Writer of smut
WWE European Champion

Uncanny X-Men: Manifest Destiny (Marvel)

How Everything Flows Together: It flows pretty good

The Storyline: Emma Frost & Scott Summers move everyone from New York to San Francisco where they face the same trouble they had before.

Artistry: Very realistic. I actually thought some of the scenes had photos in them.

How much I Liked It: I liked it but that's again that's probably because of my love for everything X-Men more than anything else.

Final Thoughts: Well worth the read if you got some time to kill.

My Rating : * * * 3/4 out of 5
Quote:
Up Next

On Deck
Get Jiro

Thor

WGW:
Old 06-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Writer of smut
WWE European Champion

Wolverine: Get Mystique (Marvel)

How Everything Flows Together: It's all a single story

The Storyline: Wolverine chases Mystique around the world while we (the reader) get a glimpse into their history.

Artistry: Dark & Gritty which really suited this Graphic novel.

How much I Liked It: I love everything Wolverine and this was no exception.

Final Thoughts: Only one thing bothered me. They said Mystique betrayed the X-Men a few times and that's why Wolverine wants to kill her but they never said what exactly she did, which bothers me just a little bit.

My Rating : * * * * 3/4 out of 5
Quote:
Up Next
Thor

On Deck
Get Jiro

WGW:
Old 06-17-2017, 05:05 PM
Writer of smut
WWE European Champion

Thor (Marvel)

How Everything Flows Together: perfectly except for the last few short stories that didn't have anything to do with the main story

The Storyline: The main storyline is that Odinson is unable to lift the hammer after Nick Fury whispers something in his ear. However a strange woman does pick it up and is now the new Thor. Odin wants the hammer back and goes a bit nuts trying to do so including sending The destoyer to Midgard to get it. Odinson spends his time trying to figure out who the new Thor is.

Artistry: Very good for the main story. The short stories ranged from meh to just silly.

How much I Liked It: One of the newer Graphic Novels I've read (2014) but it was very good. The comic industry is very good at keeping up with the times.

Final Thoughts: Well worth the read, especially if you don't know who the new Thor is and want to find out..

Quote:
Up Next
Get Jiro

On Deck
The New 52 Batman: The Court of Owls

Anita Blake Vampire Hunter: Circus of The Damned

Anita Blake Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse

The Chronicles of Wormwood Vol. 1

Crossed Vol. 2: Family Values

Crossed Vol.3: Psychopath

WGW:
Old 06-18-2017, 01:54 PM
Writer of smut
WWE European Champion

Get Jiro(Vertigo)

How Everything Flows Together: It's all a single storyline so it flows well

The Storyline: LA is now run by chefs. The culinary industry is the only industry left and 2 chefs control everything. In steps Jiro, a man hell bent on taking them down so great food can be accessible to everyone.

Artistry: Very good & it suit the story perfectly.

How much I Liked It: Being a chef & a fan of Anthony Bourdain I absolutely loved it.

Final Thoughts: A must read for anyone who loves a more out there grahic novel. You won't be disappointed.

My Rating : * * * * * out of 5
Quote:
Up Next
The New 52 Batman: The Court of Owls

On Deck

WGW:
Old 06-19-2017, 04:26 AM
Writer of smut
WWE European Champion

5 Stars
Wolverine: Old Man Logan (Marvel)

The Ultimates (Marvel)

Ultimate Avengers: Next Generation (Marvel)

Get Jiro(Vertigo)

The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle (Del Rey Books)

Civil War (Marvel)

Ultimate Avengers: Crime & Punishment (Marvel)

The Green Lantern Archives Vol. 1 (DC)

Ms. Marvel: No Normal (Marvel)

Batman Vol. 7: Endgame (DC)

Kingdom Come (DC (recommended by @Smarkmouth))

Superman: Red Son (DC (Recommend by Lee))

Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger, The Journey Begins (Marvel)

4-5 Stars
The New 52 Batman & Robin Vol. 4: Requiem For Damian (DC)

Ultimate X-Men (Marvel)

Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying (DC)

Troublemaker Book 1 (Dark Horse)

Troublemaker Book 2 (Dark Horse)

Astonishing X-Men: Dangerous (Marvel)

Ms. Marvel: Generation Why (Marvel)

Batgirl: Silent Running (DC)

Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 9 Vol. 3: Guarded (Dark Horse)

Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 9 Vol. 2: On Your Own (Dark Horse)

Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 9 Vol. 1: Freefall (Dark Horse)

Ultimate Avengers Vs New Ultimates: Death of Spider-Man (Marvel)

X-Men: Second Coming Revelations (Marvel)

The Amazing Spider-Man: Civil War (Marvel)

Gotham Academy Vol. 1: Welcome to Gotham Academy (DC)

Thor (Marvel)

Flashpoint (DC)

DareDevil: The Man Without Fear (Marvel)

Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia (DC)

Batman/Superman: Supergirl (DC)

All*Star Superman(DC)

Batman/Superman: The Search for Kryptonite(DC)

Superman: A Celebration of 75 years (DC)

Wolverine: Get Mystique (Marvel)

Civil War: Frontline Vol. 1 (Marvel)

Civil War: Frontline Vol. 2 (Marvel)

3-4 Stars
Civil War: X-Men (Marvel)

The Amazing Spider-Man #200 (Jan 1980 (Marvel))
(recommended by John McCass)

Uncanny X-Men: Manifest Destiny (Marvel)

Batman: A Death In The Family (DC)

Gotham Academy Vol. 2: Calamity (DC)

Ultimate Fantastic Four (Marvel)

X-Men: With Great Power (Marvel)

The New 52 Batman Vol. 6: Graveyard Shift (DC)

The New 52 Aquaman Vol. 1: The Trench (DC)

Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again(DC)

Batgirl Vol. 1: Batgirl of Burnside (DC)

Guardians Of The Galaxy (Marvel)

Spider-Girl: Avenging Allies (Marvel)

2-3 Stars
The Road To Civil War (Marvel)

Supergirl: Book 1 (DC)

Superman Codename: Patriot (DC)

Daredevil: Yellow (Marvel)

1-2 Stars
Hellboy: The Right Hand of Doom (Dark Horse)

Batman '66 Vol. 2 (DC)

WGW:

Last edited by Frank N Steins_Gate : 06-19-2017 at 04:34 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:39 PM
Writer of smut
WWE European Champion

The New 52 Batman: The Court of Owls (DC)

How Everything Flows Together: It's all a single storyline so it flows like fine wine

The Storyline: Batman finds out he is targeted (as Bruce Wayne) for assassination by the mysterious Court of Owls. He spends the G.N. trying to prove the Court doesn't exist only to be pulled deeper into their world.

Artistry: Dark, Gritty & Amazing.

How much I Liked It: I was hooked from page 1. I loved it

Final Thoughts: A must read for anyone who is a Batman fan. This shows a different side of Batman that I've never seen before and it's awesome.

My Rating : * * * * * out of 5
Quote:
Up Next

On Deck

WGW:
Old 06-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Writer of smut
WWE European Champion

Anita Blake Vampire Hunter: Circus of The Damned (Marvel)

How Everything Flows Together: It was the start of a single story so it stops rather abruptly.

The Storyline: A man is found dead with bites on him from about 5 different vampires controlled by a rogue Master vampire. The police call Supernatural expert Anita Blake to help them find out who is responsible.

Artistry: A bit childish looking for my taste. I didn't really care for it.

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it. My kind of story

Final Thoughts: I didn't know this was only the beginning so I was a bit bummed not finding out who did it. Good read th o ugh

Quote:
Up Next

On Deck

WGW: