WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Television
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

There've been four new categories added to this year's Slammy Awards. As of right now, the field reads like this:

Superstar of the Year
Extreme Moment of the Year
Insult of the Year
Double-Cross of the Year
This is Awesome! Moment of the Year
"Total Diva" of the Year
LOL! Moment of the Year
Match of the Year
Trending Now (Hashtag) of the Year
Beard of the Year
Fan Participation of the Year
Breakout Star of the Year

I should've known that WWE would simply HAVE to have some award revolving around Twitter.

Beard of the Year is easily the goofiest of the categories thus far, though it actually has some degree of merit. Well... as much merit as any of the other Slammies. Quite a few roster members are sporting beards like Daniel Bryan, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, Mark Henry, Seth Rollins, Randy Orton, Sheamus and Wade Barrett. Of course, the whole purpose of it is some corny joke but I bet the place will erupt if Bryan wins it.

I'm not really sure what Fan Participation of the Year is, though I'm guessing it has something to do with how hot the crowd is. If so, then the audience at the post WrestleMania 29 Raw will almost certainly take it.

I dunno if Breakout Star of the Year is the same thing as Rookie of the Year or not. If it is, then it should go to The Shield. If it's about someone that's been on the roster for a bit but has had a really big year in which he's stepped up his game, then it should be Daniel Bryan.

I think the Slammy Awards could be a big night for Daniel Bryan. The Slammy Awards episode of Raw takes place in Seattle, Washington and Bryan's hometown of Aberdeen is only about 105-110 miles away.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:55 AM
Mistakes Were Made

Galvatron is looking to come up from OCW...Galvatron is looking to come up from OCW...Galvatron is looking to come up from OCW...Galvatron is looking to come up from OCW...Galvatron is looking to come up from OCW...Galvatron is looking to come up from OCW...Galvatron is looking to come up from OCW...Galvatron is looking to come up from OCW...

Superstar of the Year: Daniel Bryan

Match of the Year: Daniel Bryan vs John Cena at Summerslam

Diva of the Year: AJ Lee

Insult of the Year: Punk calls Authority douches (obviously will not win)

Double Cross of the Year: Heyman screws Punk at Money in the Bank

LOL Moment of the Year: Sin Cara stops match for dislocated finger (obviously will not win)

This is Awesome Moment of the Year: Bryan wins WWE Championship at Summerslam

Extreme Moment of the Year: Punk beats Heyman with a kendo stick

Trending Now (Hashtag) of the Year: #HBShizzle

Beard of the Year: Daniel Bryan

Fan Participation of the Year: I don't know

Breakout Star of the Year: Roman Reigns

I will not be surprised if Cena gets Superstar of the Year and the same for if a member of the Total Divas show wins Diva of the Year.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

The nominees in some of the categories have been released over the course of the day.

Superstar of the Year
John Cena
Randy Orton
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Big Show
Brock Lesnar

Total Diva of the Year
AJ Lee
The Funkadactyls
Natalya
Kaitlyn
Eva Marie
The Bella Twins

Double-Cross of the Year
Triple H and Daniel Bryan at SummerSlam
Shawn Michaels and Daniel Bryan at Hell in a Cell
Mark Henry and John Cena retirement angle on Raw
Paul Heyman screwing CM Punk at Money in the Bank.

Superstar of the Year is pretty wide open. I could see WWE "handing" the award to Randy Orton but I don't see that going down. As the winners are supposed to be determined by vote, I don't see a heel winning this; especially not a heel as unsympathetic as Orton has been. Without it actually looking rigged, Cena, Bryan & Punk are the only realistic choices I think.

The Total Diva of the Year Slammy, realistically, should go to AJ Lee. A good 95% of the resurgence in relevance the Divas have seen over the second half of this year is due to AJ. If Eva Marie winds up getting this, I'll put my foot though the friggin' television.

Double-Cross of the Year is pretty broad, in my opinion. I'm ashamed to say that I forgot about Henry's amazing performance in the retirement angle on Raw. He had EVERYBODY fooled in what might honestly be among the greatest acting performances any wrestler has ever given. I honestly won't complain if this wins it, but it's probably more realistic if Trips & HBK screwing Bryan over wins it as they've both been an ongoing topic of discussion over the past 3.5 months.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 12-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Has never been a
WWE Women's Champion

NegativeFeedback is looking to come up from OCW...NegativeFeedback is looking to come up from OCW...NegativeFeedback is looking to come up from OCW...NegativeFeedback is looking to come up from OCW...NegativeFeedback is looking to come up from OCW...NegativeFeedback is looking to come up from OCW...NegativeFeedback is looking to come up from OCW...NegativeFeedback is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
The nominees in some of the categories have been released over the course of the day.

Superstar of the Year
John Cena
Randy Orton
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Big Show
Brock Lesnar
I think it's a pretty big deal that The Rock isn't nominated. I guess the rumors are true. They're done with him.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:50 AM
Future Endeavored

DietPepsiRocks is a member of the JOB SQUAD

DB could win all of the awards except Total Diva of the Year.....he could literally win all of them, its in his hometown afterall. And if we get deprived of an HBK/DB interaction, then it'll be sad.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Has never been a
WWE Women's Champion

NegativeFeedback is looking to come up from OCW...NegativeFeedback is looking to come up from OCW...NegativeFeedback is looking to come up from OCW...NegativeFeedback is looking to come up from OCW...NegativeFeedback is looking to come up from OCW...NegativeFeedback is looking to come up from OCW...NegativeFeedback is looking to come up from OCW...NegativeFeedback is looking to come up from OCW...

Here's the full list for tonight! My predictions are in bold. It seems like they're not calling it "Total" Diva of the Year anymore... I'm hoping that means AJ has it in the bag.

Superstar of the Year (presenter: Shawn Michaels)
• Big Show
• Brock Lesnar
• CM Punk
• Daniel Bryan
• John Cena
• Randy Orton

Analysis: I would have had Alberto Del Rio win this, but seeing as he isn't nominated, I'm going to have to go with Cena too. Two title wins, beat The Rock, great matches with Punk and Bryan, new reality show that's all about him, etc.

Diva of the Year (presenter: Eve)
• AJ Lee
• The Bella Twins
• Eva Marie
• The Funkadactyls
• Kaitlyn
• Natalya

Analysis: I would obviously go with AJ too, but it wouldn't shock me too much for them to have The Bellas or Natalya win it and have AJ go berserk on them. I think AJ has it in the bag though.

Double-Cross of the Year (presenters: The Shield)
• Mark Henry's "retirement speech" on Raw
• Paul Heyman costs CM Punk the Money in the Bank Contract at Money in the Bank
• Shawn Michaels Superkicks Daniel Bryan at Hell in a Cell
• Triple H costs Daniel Bryan the WWE Championship at SummerSlam

Analysis: All of them were predictable as hell, but I'd give the slight edge to Mark Henry because it was the best segment of them all. I think Triple H is winning this though. He'll do some silly Best for Business speech.

Match of the Year (presenter: Bret Hart)
• Cody Rhodes & Goldust (w/Dusty Rhodes) vs. Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns (w/Dean Ambrose) with the Rhodes Brothers' jobs on the line at Battleground
• The Rock vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 29
• Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar in a Steel Cage Match at Extreme Rules
• The Undertaker vs. CM Punk at WrestleMania 29

Analysis: Cena/Punk should have been nominated, but my pick of this liter is Undertaker/Punk. But ugh, Rock/Cena is probably winning, which will just show how full of shít this whole award show is.

Insult of the Year (presenter: The Miz)
• AJ Lee disses the "Total Divas" cast on Raw
• Stephanie McMahon degrades Big Show on Raw
• Paul Heyman disowns CM Punk
• Zeb Colter offends the Universe

Analysis: AJ's promo was great. I can't see anyone else winning.

"LOL!" Moment of the Year (presenters: The New Age Outlaws)
• The Great Khali and Jinder Mahal try to charm Santino's cobra on SmackDown
• The Rock Concert at Raw 20th Anniversary
• Titus O'Neil throws up on JBL, Michael Cole and Zeb Colter on SmackDown
• Vickie Guerrero is fired as GM of Raw

Analysis: Rock isn't here to accept the award, so I'm guessing Titus wins it. I think all four are lame, but Santino gets the slight edge for me. I chuckled a bit when I saw it. I don't get what was funny about Vickie's firing though.

Extreme Moment of the Year (presenter: Mick Foley)
• CM Punk exacts vengeance on Paul Heyman at Hell in a Cell
• Ryback spears John Cena through the LED light board at Extreme Rules
• The Shield Triple Powerbombs The Undertaker on SmackDown
• The Wyatts crush Kane at SummerSlam

Analysis: I think Ryback is winning to get some heat back on him. I have no problem with that, well deserved.

Fan Participation of the Year (presenters: The Prime Time Players)
• Fandango-ing
• Yes! Yes! Yes!
• Let's go Cena/Cena sucks!
• What's Up?

Analysis: R-Truth's nomination is hilarious. Fandango needs to win all the way. I think Bryan will be winning the Beard award so he won't leave empty-handed. Still, they might want him to win a 2nd one so he could take this.

APP EXCLUSIVES
Trending Now (Hashtag of the Year) (presenters: Cody Rhodes & Goldust)
• #BelieveInTheShield (The Shield)
• #FollowTheBuzzards (The Wyatt Family)
• #BestForBusiness (The Authority)
• #WeThePeople (The Real Americans)

Analysis: Zeb should win. I'm gonna love it when Cody and Goldust have to give an award to their rivals. Let's hope for some good TV.

Beard of the Year (presenter: Santino Marella)
• Damien Sandow
• Daniel Bryan
• The Wyatt Family
• Zeb Colter

Analysis: Zeb should win.

"THIS IS AWESOME!" Moment of the Year (presenter: Christian)
• Big Show knocks out Triple H
• Daniel Bryan wins the WWE Championship from Randy Orton at Night of Champions
• Dolph Ziggler cashes in his Money in the Bank contract
• Kofi Kingston hops on a chair to stave off elimination in the Royal Rumble Match

Analysis: Dolph's cash in was the mark out moment of the YEAR. Daniel might win this, but only if people's memories betray them and they forget about how awesome Dolph's win was.

Breakout Star of the Year (presenter: John Laurinaitis)
• Big E Langston
• Fandango (w/Summer Rae)
• The Shield
• The Wyatt Family
Analysis: I'd go with Big E personally. Shield were my breakout stars LAST YEAR. This year, it's between Big E and Bray, and Bray has hardly wrestled, so Big E for the win.

WWE.COM EXCLUSIVES

"What a Maneuver!" Award
• Black Widow (AJ Lee)
• Cesaro Swing (Antonio Cesaro)
• Running knee strike (Daniel Bryan)
• Spear (Roman Reigns)

Analysis: Cesaro's got to win this, but I think Bryan will edge him out.

Faction of the Year
• 3MB
• The Real Americans
• The Shield
• The Wyatt Family

Analysis: I'd love it if 3MB won, but Shield is obviously getting the win.

"You Still Got It!" (Best Superstar Return)
• Chris Jericho
• Goldust
• The Bella Twins
• Bruno Sammartino
• Rob Van Dam

Analysis: Goldust is the only one of the bunch nominated for match of the year. It's a no-brainer.

Couple of the Year
• Daniel Bryan & Brie Bella
• Fandango & Summer Rae
• Naomi & Jimmy Uso
• John Cena & Nikki Bella
• Triple H & Stephanie McMahon
• Tyson Kidd & Natalya

Analysis: Triple H and Stephanie should win considering they take over 2 out of Raw's 3 hours every week.

Tag Team of the Year
• Cody Rhodes & Goldust
• The Prime Time Players
• The Real Americans
• The Shield (Rollins & Reigns)
• The Usos

Analysis: Realistically, Shield should win this one too, but its a poll so I think it's clear that Cody and Goldust are winning this one.

Feat of Strength of the Year
• Antonio Cesaro swings The Great Khali
• Mark Henry pulls two trucks with his bare hands
• Ryback Shell Shocks Mark Henry
• The Shield Triple Powerbombs Big Show

Analysis: Mark Henry is taking this, but it's a shame that Cesaro's swing will lose two awards.

"Say What?!" Quote of the Year
• "Paul, say somethin' stupid." - Brock Lesnar
• "Rise above THIS!" - Damien Sandow
• "One stipulation: I'm in my boys' corner and I'll be your huckleberry all night long." - Dusty Rhodes
• The "Paulcano" eruption

Analysis: Let's make Sandow a Slammy winner!

Best Dance Moves
• Fandango
• The Funkadactyls
• The Great Khali
• "Miz-co Inferno"
• R-Truth
• Summer Rae

Analysis: I have no idea. Hardest award to predict. The Funkadactyls might win, or Miz-co or w/e. I'm hoping for Summer Rae though.

Favorite Web Show
• "30-Second Fury"
• "The JBL & Cole Show"
• "WWE Inbox"
• "WWE Top 10"

Analysis: I don't watch any of them, can't say.

Best Crowd of the Year
• Raw after WrestleMania 29 (East Rutherford, N.J.)
• Raw in England (London, Apr. 22)
• Payback (Chicago)
• SummerSlam (Los Angeles)

Analysis: No-brainer. This award was made just so this crowd could win.

Catchphrase of the Year
• "Believe in The Shield" - The Shield
• "FAAAAAHHNNNN…DAAAAHHHHNNN…GO." - Fandango
• "Follow the Buzzards" - Bray Wyatt
• "That's What I Do" - Mark Henry
• "We the People" - The Real Americans
• "YES! YES! YES!" - Daniel Bryan

Analysis: I'd give the award to Bray. That line was clever. But Bryan is the biggest face nominated. He's totally getting this one.

Last edited by NegativeFeedback : 12-09-2013 at 12:22 PM.