WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-10-2017, 11:47 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
Am I the only person who felt sorry for Slater and Hawkins last night during the Great Balls of Fire PPV. They were sent out after the Strowman/Reigns fight supposedly to put on a hastily put together match.

The only part of the match I saw was the intro's and not even much of that. Everyone must have been watching the tron and the action in the back. You know what action I mean, Reigns backing up the ambulance with Strowman in it into one of the WWE semi-trucks.

The commentators tried a little to describe the match but got carried away with what happened to Strowman. My question is, why put Slater and Hawkins out there to begin with? No one cared about that match at all, every one was interested in what was going on in the back of the arena.

I can't help but feel it was a little disrespectful to Slater and Hawkins to put them out there when the other match hadn't even really finished yet. Is Vince really such a fool at times. I have a feeling though that we had glimpses of the first dark match to actually air halfway through an ongoing PPV.

It will be interesting tonight on RAW to see if it is mentioned, as Bo Dallas was saying on RAW Talk last night he hasn't had a PPV match in two years, don't know if that figure is correct, but that's why he's glad to be part of the Miztourage, this way he gets air time.
This comes off as pretty markish. You imply that they were "sent out there" in real life...not as part of the show. I don't think anyone in the back was scrambling and sent these two jobbers out as a bandage. This was most likely all planned and simply presented as a last minute addition to further the plot. If you feel bad Slater is low enough to be used in this role, that's one thing. But to feel bad that he was actually asked at the last minute to go out there...like I said, you sound like a mark.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:42 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I felt bad for Slater too. Having this match (if it can even be called a match) didn't really make sense. The live crowd didn't even give it a chance and quickly started "We want Balor!" chants. This match was not advertised whatsoever. It was 100% random so why should anyone have cared? I would have changed a couple of things instead of doing this match where it was. The first change would be a revision to the Raw Tag Team Championship so that it would not HAVE to be 30 minutes long. A simple best 2 out of 3 falls would have been better. This frees up more time. This means Finn Balor and Elias Samson suddenly have time to actually have a match, which could have gone just about anywhere on the card. Now, put Slater VS Hawkins on the pre-show since no one would have cared about the match either way. Bump up the Cruiserweight Championship match to open the show, and then just keep the two ambulance aftermath segments as one long one. Reigns crashes the truck, Angle and the officials show up, Braun emerges full of blood. All one long segment. They did not need to do two segments with a random jobber match in between. The match kept going while the segment video aired, so even the fans watching the show in person didn't care about Slater's win. It was odd, really.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:35 AM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

As guys have said, Slater's role is as a jobber, now and again they'll give him a win or a nice run of recognition like they did with his tag-team with Rhyno.

If Slater's happy then let he'll continue doing what he's doing in WWE, he's a recognised jobber and I'm sure he has a following of some sort.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:13 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Radical is looking to come up from OCW...Radical is looking to come up from OCW...Radical is looking to come up from OCW...Radical is looking to come up from OCW...Radical is looking to come up from OCW...Radical is looking to come up from OCW...Radical is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't feel bad for Slater at all. In his role right now in the WWE he's pretty lucky to be where he is.

Technically, he actually got a PPV match win! I don't know the last time he got one.

Of course, the match itself was not supposed to be watched by many. It was just to extend the illusion that this Reigns and Strowman ambulance incident 'was not planned' and the 'show must go on'. But of course, it WAS planned and so they don't want to put out two other wrestlers who fans care about more because that would be an unwanted distraction.

If they put out Finn Balor vs Elias Sampson, that would have been much worse because the match would not have gone on any longer and fans would be torn between what to watch.

The Slater / Hawkins match did exactly what it was supposed to do.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:06 PM
ROH Pure Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I have a great idea how to use Heath Slater.

I would have someone with a lot of money take him under his wing. I would then have Slater turn heel, saying that he needed to "sell out" because he has kids, and needs the money.

Slater should then say that he has worked hard over the years, to give his family the best, but his hard work went unnoticed by the WWE.

He says that most of the WWE universe, if given the same opportunity, would do the same thing, if it meant continuing to give their family all those things they only dreamed of. Hard work got him nowhere, but cutting corners, selling out his friends and taking the easy path pays better.

I think that this "character" could make Slater more relevant. Too bad he is on RAW. If he were on Smackdown, maybe he could join up with Jinder Mahal, and Mahal use his opulent wealth to hire Slater to help the Singhs keep the WWE belt around his waist.