WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-30-2017, 11:16 PM
Rigistered Post Offender
WWF Hardcore Champion

Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...

The Vince thing is that he supposedly doesn't want to invest in her much because he feels like she's like Daniel Bryan. She wrestles a risky style that causes her to hurt herself and she refuses to change it. If that's really his line of thinking I can somewhat understand.

It's a no win situation though because if she was featured all the time and was risking injury people would be complaining that she's being pushed too hard.

The other thing that comes into play is how fickle the crowd is.

Paige was supposed to be this great star then the other NXT women came up. Paige got overshadowed because people were so high on Sasha.

Then Bayley came up and people flocked to her. And then Alexa. I think it was in that order.

It seems like women wrestlers have a harder time holding people's interest.

Soon someone else is going to come up and people aren't going to care as much about Bayley. Although I think that's already happened with Alexa.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:13 AM
Sufferin' Succotash.

Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Maybe she's just not as good as you think.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:53 AM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

Isn't it obvious?

Sasha had a dream that she didn't make it. So she joined 205 Live, and now there's nothing dragging her down. She'll proceed to push Alicia Fox out of her way. With all that being considered, she's destined to break back into RAW eventually in that she would have found her way. At that point; nobody is going to be able to take her fame away from her, as they'll likely remember when she pushed Alicia Fox out of the way as an example.

I figure at that point she'll have another dream, this time involving being in the spotlight where she rightfully belongs. She'll thankfully wake up from this dream, so that she can work her butt off to realize it in real life.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:21 PM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

I never believed that story about Vince not liking her style and being afraid to invest in her. The same could be said for Charlotte who will take any risk she can, and they clearly haven't lost any faith in her.

It's probably a combination of a few things, most notably being that RAW can't seem to understand that a Women's division is more than just two people fighting over a belt for months. The main reason Sasha is in the place she's in now is because she's not Alexa Bliss or Bayley, and there's literally nothing she can do about that.

Another reason and this sorta ties in to my first one is that, whatever plans they did have for her seem to have been at most cancelled, and at the very least pushed back. All throughout the Winter and early Spring all we heard was "Sasha Banks is turning heel and is gonna feud with Bayley". Well here we are now in June, Sasha isn't a heel and she isn't feuding with Bayley. They brought Alexa Bliss over from Smackdown essentially in exchange for Charlotte and they probably wanted to push the fresh face into the title picture instead of wasting her. Not to mention, despite how the actual results have been, Alexa's bitchiness and Bayley's Bayleyness on paper sounds like a great dynamic.

I don't think it has to do with there being heat on her or anything of the sort.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:20 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I don't believe the 'injury prone' label at all - Sasha had two short term injuries back to back (which usually means you came back too soon from the first); it's not like she falls into the same category as Emma or Wade Barrett. Furthermore, if Vince was reluctant to push people that were repeatedly injured, explain how Randy Orton is a 13 time world champion?

The reason that Sasha is currently in a lull is the same thing I have said since the brand split was announced last year: there just aren't enough women to fill two separate rosters. All the wrestling women should have been on one roster chasing one women's title. Look at it now: Raw has 8 women on its books, Smackdown has 7 (this doesn't include Brie Bella or Summer Rae, who I don't believe were drafted duee to their respective absences); of Raw's 8, two are injured: Paige and Emma. That leaves six wrestlers for the storylines and feuds to be shared around. It means there will undoubtably be times when certain wrestlers are out of the limelight, and this is Sasha's turn. If she were really in the doldrums, she wouldn't be featured at all, yet she is booked to appear in a match at Extreme Rules, so she can't be in the bad books. (as for Smackdown, their roster is so weak that they are regularly thrown together in multi-women matches to hide the deficiencies of the lesser wrestlers, but it just means they can't develop at their own pace as there is usually only one match/segment per show)

Sasha Banks is a fantastic wrestler - very much the reason I got to start appreciating women wrestling more (alongside Bailey), and her time will come again.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-03-2017, 10:16 PM
WWE Champion
Knockout Champion

Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglebites View Post
Exactly. She's not a top level competitor, her fans just have to live with it.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I think a lot of her current place has a lot to do with the shakeup. Bringing Bliss over meant the Sasha heel turn was likely off. There is no point in turning her heel only to wait for Bliss to lose the title. If Bliss didn't come over we would of likely seen a Bayley/Banks feud through to Summerslam with Banks coming out on top. There just isn't enough heels for her to go against. We can't live off Banks vs Jax matches all the time. I would prefer to see her up the card but I understand not everyone can be built to be gods all at once.

Really Bliss didn't need to come over. It would have been better with Lynch coming over instead leaving Banks to be the top heel instead of Charlotte or Bliss. Then there could of been the good Charlotte face turn vs Bliss on Smackdown and we could also see a good Lynch vs Banks feud (we will see it eventually). Jax has to be second in line for the heels to be the champion so Banks is likely stuck as a face until the start of next year.

The shakeup while needed, sent the WWE mental I reckon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH
sendpm.gif
Old 06-03-2017, 11:47 PM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglebites View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiah View Post
Exactly. She's not a top level competitor, her fans just have to live with it.
Her performance says otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalifa View Post
I think a lot of her current place has a lot to do with the shakeup. Bringing Bliss over meant the Sasha heel turn was likely off. There is no point in turning her heel only to wait for Bliss to lose the title. If Bliss didn't come over we would of likely seen a Bayley/Banks feud through to Summerslam with Banks coming out on top. There just isn't enough heels for her to go against. We can't live off Banks vs Jax matches all the time. I would prefer to see her up the card but I understand not everyone can be built to be gods all at once.

Really Bliss didn't need to come over. It would have been better with Lynch coming over instead leaving Banks to be the top heel instead of Charlotte or Bliss. Then there could of been the good Charlotte face turn vs Bliss on Smackdown and we could also see a good Lynch vs Banks feud (we will see it eventually). Jax has to be second in line for the heels to be the champion so Banks is likely stuck as a face until the start of next year.

The shakeup while needed, sent the WWE mental I reckon.
I agree that Bliss coming to Raw has affected Sasha Banks. But I can't really believe that Bliss and Charlotte could be on the same brand without affecting each other. They are both top heels. I really don't buy Charlotte as a face. I don't know why. I guess that she'll eventually make me believe.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-04-2017, 04:50 PM
Rigistered Post Offender
WWF Hardcore Champion

Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestlingaholic View Post
I don't believe the 'injury prone' label at all - Sasha had two short term injuries back to back (which usually means you came back too soon from the first); it's not like she falls into the same category as Emma or Wade Barrett. Furthermore, if Vince was reluctant to push people that were repeatedly injured, explain how Randy Orton is a 13 time world champion?
Orton, Cena and Hunter all guys with multiple injuries but all three sell tickets and merchandise a lot more than Sasha Banks ever will.

It's not so much an injury prone thing as it is her style of wrestling and refusal to change it.

As with Daniel Bryan. Vince invested a lot into Bryan only to have him have to retire early due to the affects of his style.

It's understandable that after that Vince would be a little concerned. Even if Sasha's injuries weren't major I'm sure it's in the back of his mind.

And there's a difference between workers injuring themselves from moves they're doing and being injured by other people.

But it's all speculation. No one really knows for sure.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:49 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Olan is looking to come up from OCW...Olan is looking to come up from OCW...

To put a positive spin on things, this could show they are behind SASHA. Since they only have the one belt for the RAW women not everyone can be in the title. At the times you are not a contender you tend to disappear: Nia, Mickie, Dana for example. But with Sasha they are finding a way to keep her involved and onscreen that to me says something.
sendpm.gif