WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-29-2017, 05:17 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default What's Happened To Sasha Banks?

I've found myself wondering if something has happened that's gotten Sasha Banks heat backstage as her career is in a completely different place now than it was a year ago. Sasha and Charlotte were basically THE Women's Division for much of the second half of 2016 and while we may not have always liked some of the decisions made for them, it was a great feud and Sasha has gone from feud of the year with Charlotte to feuding with Alicia Fox. Alicia's win over Sasha on Raw a few weeks ago is the first time I can remember Alicia winning a match, I know it's not her first win but it's been so long since she's gotten one that I can't remember when it was or who it was against. To make matters worse, Sasha has been added to a mixed tag team match for Extreme Rules in which she teams with Rich Swann to face Alicia Fox and Noam Dar.

There were various reports last year going about stating that Vince wasn't all that high on Sasha and, if true, I'm wondering if he decided that he'd had enough of her being one of the top female names in the company. Maybe all this means nothing and is just to give Sasha something to do for a while before moving her back up the card, it's just been a while since I can recall seeing someone pushed so much having fallen so far from less than a year ago.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 05-29-2017, 05:32 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...

Well I'll tell you what happened. ROADBLOCK: END OF THE LINE. We have an iron women match which was pretty good with Sasha winning. Then there is 3 seconds left on the clock, the crowd is chanting down and she taps, Then proceeds to lose the match. At that time, I had just lost all faith in women's division on raw. Another reason could be the fact that she had 4 title reigns and doesn't even have 30 days of being champ. Another reason could be she was injured twice last year although had been healthy for the past 6 months so that can't be it. It could also be her match with Nia Jax at fast lane which was atrocious, or they could just be trying to build up a talent such as Alicia Fox who has been on the roster in 10 years and hasn't gotten over yet.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-29-2017, 05:40 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

what happenned with sasha is pretty simple, WWE never really saw anything in her. When you look back at her feud last year with charlotte. what we has fans saw was 2 women on equal footing trying to determine who was the best, what WWE saw is, who can help us put Charlotte over. She in the role of the other girl in this situation. Then they we're building her up for some kind of heel turn against bayley but then the roster shakeup happened and they decided that since charlotte was going to smackdown, why not bring alexa to raw and be the number 1 heel on the Raw divas roster, so again Sasha get push to the side until her time comes and i wouldn't be surprise if she get that spot against Alexa Bliss after extreme rules. Either that or you'll get the heel turn against bayley either at extreme rules or after.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-29-2017, 06:27 PM
Reinstate The Fox
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey

Wrestlers bob in and out of the big picture from time to time. It seems very par for the course to me. Banks and Charlotte were Raw's Women's Division for almost a full year. Eventually I see her coming back to it after programming has had its share of Bliss and Bayley. It seems like the usual writing, one major storyline with the women, and maybe one or two minor things for the rest of the girls to do. Swap some names around. Repeat. Maybe I'm optimistic about Banks, because last year or so we were wondering if WWE forgot about Bayley and we know how that went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
sendpm.gif
Old 05-29-2017, 07:01 PM
I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Million Dollar Champion

Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...

I believe that all of the women's programs happening currently in the two main brands are simply hold-over programs until we get deep in the Summer. I think the promotion knew from the moment that they executed the "shake-up" that the plan was Sasha versus Bayley, and Charlotte versus Becky at SummerSlam. I'm completely sure that is still the direction, creative is just really bad at stalling.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:20 PM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

When you consider how much Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks dominated the women's scene on Raw, it is quite refreshing to see other faces on screen and doing things. Having said that, there's no excuse for how far she has fallen. Virtually every program she has been in since December has been meaningless and led nowhere. Her feud with Nia seemed only to exist because Charlotte had only Bayley to feud with as a face. Similarly, I feel Sasha has a program with Alicia Fox because otherwise, what would she be doing? Something more interesting most likely.

Perhaps we are looking at it wrong though, and WWE are trying to legitimise Alicia Fox with someone they know connects well with the crowd. The problem is, I don't think the fans have interpreted it that way, and that's probably because of how WWE dealt with the feud with Charlotte. It was exhausting, though the matches were brilliant, but ultimately we always knew how the end would come. In the end I actually think her feud with Charlotte did less for Sasha and more for the overall women's scene in WWE.

If Vince dislikes Sasha though, that's his loss. I remember her NXT days and they were damn good. To be fair to her, when she first won the Raw Women's Championship, the pop was massive. So it's not like she can't connect with the crowd or perform in a way that gets people excited. Ultimately, this is surely just a placeholder for a bigger summer feud. Bayley and Alexa will surely not last through to SummerSlam and so Sasha can be used accordingly there.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-29-2017, 07:32 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

There are quite a few things that could be going on with Sasha:

1. She's taking a "break" - Sasha helped Charlotte carry the Raw women's division last year. Remember all the complaining about the never ending title matches? Fans got down on Sasha despite he and Charlotte putting on some of the best matches of the year.

2. Emma got hurt - I'm guessing that Fox's spot would have been Emma's if she stayed healthy. That is a much different and important feud for Sasha. Sasha and Fox is kind of a throwaway to just keep Sasha on the card.

3. Alexa showed up - Alexa feuding with Bayley writes itself. Alexa is talented enough to carry the work outside of the ring. It wasn't doing anyone any good having Sasha involved. It made Bayley look worse and less sympathetic by having Sasha stand up for her.

4. We're just killing time - Sasha is likely to be in something bigger come Summerslam. Whether it is a feud with Alexa for the title or a feud with Bayley, we are just killing time right in May.

She is fine. She just isn't Charlotte (who is kind of getting a "break" of her own), they want to establish Alexa on Raw, and they still really want to see how much they can monetize Bayley.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
sendpm.gif
Old 05-29-2017, 08:54 PM
Has Ascended
WWE Diva's Champion

Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Skype™ to Aeon Mathix

Really? No one has pointed out the fact that there about 6 women per "division" on each show? Charlotte vs Sasha was the ONLY women's match on Raw for about 5 months! Sure there was some Dana and Nia shit thrown in there but that's literally the only match that mattered. Sasha is completely fine, shes taking a backseat due to winning the title what 4 times during the fall?

This brand split drives me crazy because we get the same exact matches for months on end because there isn't enough talent on either show to shuffle around. We saw it with Ambrose vs Styles and Owens/Jericho vs Reigns/Rollins all throughout the fall. It makes for quite boring television. Charlotte vs Sasha didn't go on from Summer to the end of the year because it was an epic feud, it went that long because there was literally NO other match that could happen because there was like 3 women on the Raw roster.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-29-2017, 10:35 PM
2018: Year of War Zone

Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Nothing. Top stars are allowed to break from the limelight and do some filler feuds every now and then.

Though, admittedly in the future; I can't expect Sasha to be as red hot as she was before. It has been rumored that she was injury-prone, and that's been known to kill a few wrestling careers. (Case in point: Wade Barrett)

#WildcatWayz
Cat of Controversy, Writer of Wrestling
sendpm.gif
Old 05-29-2017, 11:10 PM

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

She works better than everyone, but one female person on the main roster and that one person went to Smackdown. They don't want to over saturate her, and they never really saw her in the light that they saw others. Not saying it's because of her race or anything, but it wouldn't surprise me. Naomi is already token black champ on Smackdown, and with people liking Disney channel Alexa Bliss insults about kissing boys the demand for Sasha seems even more lost. She also has a history of speaking up against people publicly and not being shy to be vocal. Her tumblr had some pretty... interesting pieces on it a while ago.

William Regal on who in NXT he is most proud about signing: "I don’t really like singling anyone out, but Sasha Banks. I’ve known her since she was 18, and the previous people that were doing what I’m doing now wouldn’t even give her the time of day."

"When I was asked by Triple H to be part of that team, of which there is nobody still here who was in the team at the time, I kept asking to bring her in, to which people replied ‘oh no, there is nothing in her, she’s useless.’ Sasha was the first person I went to bat for, and her development is a great thing to see."

Then she left NXT, and went to a place where the lovely creators of sports entertainment have free range over her. The chairman of WWE didn't think people found Asian women attractive. There was no women's revolution, and as many leaps WWE has made to catch up to the actual real world it's still in delusion and out of touch. There are plenty examples to see why they wouldn't see anything in Sasha banks and it's not just women.
sendpm.gif