WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-02-2012, 10:34 AM
semi-retired from WZ
ECW TV Champion

Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I don't see a problem with it. They specifically mentioned that it's ONLY taking into account their WWF/E accomplishments, not their entire careers as a whole. Once you can filter the results that way, it makes far more sense. Obviously, the Road Warriors would take the top spot in an overall greatest Tag Team list, but when you limit it to WWF/E only, it's hard to argue that Edge and Christian's accomplishments don't surpass everyone else's.

The parameters for this particular list was presented in a straightforward manner, even providing specific examples to avoid confusion. If you aren't smart enough to understand that, then I do not feel sorry for you.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:50 AM
King Of The Wasteland
ROH Pure Champion

Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I don't see what the big deal is. All of the tag teams that everyone is going on about are on the list so it doesn't really matter. Don't forget as has been previously said its WWF/E accomplishments only. Regardless of that all the teams you'd want to be on the list are so whats the big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
You can get rid of chlamydia. Much easier and cheaper than getting rid of a fetus.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-02-2012, 11:15 AM
G.O.A.T.
WWE Diva's Champion

relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...

yea i get it, i get that its a wwe only list and i dont have a problem with it from that standpoint. i wouldnt have a problem with this list if it came out pre 2001 because you never acknowledge the competition, what im sayin is that the wwe needs to stop pretending theyve been the only big time in wrestling, these lists they put together should have more of a universal scope on accomplishment because like it or not they dont just represent wwes views now they should be representing the views of all of wrestling history so to make a list based purely on wwe merits when they own the history of other great organizations as well is ignorant.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Gone but never forgotten.
Mr. Money in the Bank

D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to D-Man Send a message via MSN to D-Man

This is a topic that's near and dear to my heart. And I just finished reading through the list. Here is my take on it...

I honestly feel that WWE.com is putting to much weight on the number of championships that these teams have won. Sure, championship define greatness at times and lengthy reigns are memorable but I can't agree with the Hardy Boyz taking a spot over the British Bulldogs. If both teams were in their primes and faced each other, the British Bulldogs would crush the Hardy's.

Lastly, I don't care how many championships they've won... Edge & Christian will NEVER be a better tag team than the Hart Foundation. Hell, I can make an argument that the Bulldogs are better than Edge & Christian but according to the paragraph I wrote above this one, that would mean I'd have to find arguments against the New Age Outlaws, Demolition, and the Hardy Boyz. I'm sure I could do it but it'd be a waste of my time, considering the weight that many new fans put on teams of the Attitude Era.

The team I'm the happiest for is definitely Demolition. As far as I'm concerned, this list FINALLY gives them the respect they rightfully deserve in WWE tag team history. Besides the Hart Foundation and British Bulldogs, a finer and more dominant team had never been assembled. Their team synergy, power, dominance, charisma... it all defined exactly what we all believe a tag team should be about.

Click for Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696
Let's IP ban you and find out. Who the fuck are you kidding? Do you really think you understand the situation better than I do? Fuck off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal
I will say it though, this would be pretty fucking cool if it didnt suck ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC25 View Post
Wait...a SMILEY with a LIGHTSABER!? God, no! Anything but that!
Are you going to hurl your virginity at me next???
sendpm.gif
Old 05-02-2012, 01:38 PM
WWE European Champion

Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Love Demolition got so much love on this list, same as the Hart foundation but for the most part I wasn't a huge fan of this list.

For example E&C at #1, are you HIGH? Sure, I loved E&C and always thought they were the best team out of the Hardyz and Dudleyz but better than teams like Demolition and the Hart Foundation? I don't think so.

The Steiners at #41 is a joke (Not sure how Billy and Chuck is better than the Steiners but OK), they should be in the top 15 (top 5 if you count their time in other promotions).

Don't care they only used teams in WWE since its a WWE list but just think the ranking of most teams is flat out wrong, my opinion.

At least the top 5 singles stars list of WWE I agreed with (with the exception of no Hogan). To me, it seems like this list was made by someone who started watching wrestling in 2005 and has no idea about many of the teams listed. I'm pretty sure he wiki'ed most of the teams.

Make Dimension X great again!
sendpm.gif
Old 05-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Gone but never forgotten.
Mr. Money in the Bank

D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to D-Man Send a message via MSN to D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanerandterry View Post
The Steiners at #41 is a joke (Not sure how Billy and Chuck is better than the Steiners but OK), they should be in the top 15 (top 5 if you count their time in other promotions).
Quote:
Don't care they only used teams in WWE since its a WWE list but just think the ranking of most teams is flat out wrong, my opinion.
But you have to care. Many teams on the list revolve around this concept. For example, LOD was #8 and the WWE knew this, otherwise they wouldn't have justified this position by stating:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWE.com
Although the Legion of Doom was wildly popular in their early days in WWE, they struggled to maintain their success as the years passed. The L.O.D. left WWE in 1992 but returned in 1997 and won the tag team titles. However, after seemingly splitting up and reforming as L.O.D. 2000, the duo was unable to regain their control over the tag division. Hawk and Anima’s time in WWE wasn’t always as fortuitous as their runs in smaller territories, but their popularity and intensity was rarely matched.
Compared to teams like the Hart Foundation, Demolition, the Bulldogs, Hardy's, and others, LOD really didn't compare in their WWE runs.

-The Steiners really never did much of consequence in the WWE, either. They won the tag titles twice: once for 86 days and once for two days.

-Billy and Chuck had two runs: one for 89 days and one for 28 days.

Technically, Billy and Chuck did "more" than the Steiners did in the WWE.

(Like I said earlier, the WWE put way too much weight on championships when comprising this list.)

Click for Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696
Let's IP ban you and find out. Who the fuck are you kidding? Do you really think you understand the situation better than I do? Fuck off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal
I will say it though, this would be pretty fucking cool if it didnt suck ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC25 View Post
Wait...a SMILEY with a LIGHTSABER!? God, no! Anything but that!
Are you going to hurl your virginity at me next???
sendpm.gif
Old 05-02-2012, 02:50 PM
WWE European Champion

Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
But you have to care. Many teams on the list revolve around this concept. For example, LOD was #8 and the WWE knew this, otherwise they wouldn't have justified this position by stating:

Compared to teams like the Hart Foundation, Demolition, the Bulldogs, Hardy's, and others, LOD really didn't compare in their WWE runs.

-The Steiners really never did much of consequence in the WWE, either. They won the tag titles twice: once for 86 days and once for two days.

-Billy and Chuck had two runs: one for 89 days and one for 28 days.

Technically, Billy and Chuck did "more" than the Steiners did in the WWE.

(Like I said earlier, the WWE put way too much weight on championships when comprising this list.)
Ultimately that was the biggest problem with the list, too much emphasis on championships instead of pure relevance to the tag team division in general.

Even if Billy and Chuck held the titles more days than the Steiners they were in no way better than the Steiner's were during their run in the WWE (and only their WWE run). Were the Steiner's overly relevant in the WWE? No. But at the time they went over every team but also put on great matches on a consistent basis (see their Headshrinkers match at WM9 for example). I just remember the Steiner's being one of my favorite parts of WWF television during the early 90's.

What I meant is that I didn't have an issue with the WWE ranking the teams based solely on their WWE run and not taking their other runs in other promotions into account, if they did that the list would most certainly look VERY different than it does currently.

Its also why I don't mind LOD was ranked at #8 when they were probably the best tag team of all time. They had a good run in WWE but weren't nearly as good as teams like the Hart Foundation if you only look at their time in WWE.

sendpm.gif
Old 05-02-2012, 04:38 PM

Peaky1969 is looking to come up from OCW...

[quote=THTRobtaylor;3883013]You have to remember that policital issues will come into play on lists like this... The Steiners and Vince do not get on after they refused to play ball with him in the 1990's... They walked rather than wrestle each other... thats gonna colour the list.

I never knew that about the Steiners leaving WWF....I remember them not being there are all that long.....interesting indeed....what year did they leave again?
sendpm.gif
Old 05-02-2012, 04:49 PM
WWE European Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaky1969 View Post
You have to remember that policital issues will come into play on lists like this... The Steiners and Vince do not get on after they refused to play ball with him in the 1990's... They walked rather than wrestle each other... thats gonna colour the list.

I never knew that about the Steiners leaving WWF....I remember them not being there are all that long.....interesting indeed....what year did they leave again?
They left right after the 1994 Royal Rumble I believe. I think Scott Steiner was the first or second person in that Royal Rumble but by WM10 (2 months later) they were both gone from the WWE. I remember they were in the main event of the Survivor Series in '93 during their feud with the Quebecer's when the lost the titles by DQ in "Province of Quebec" rules match.

No doubt politics played a big part in this list, its the only reason Edge and Christian were voted #1 on the list, especially since they are trying to push Edge as one of the greatest of all time since his retirement.

Last edited by Poop Master Flex : 05-02-2012 at 04:51 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-02-2012, 06:20 PM

DHInc is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruffDog View Post
Edge & Christian #1. Now I love Edge & Christian, and they're defiantly in the top 5, but I don't think #1. I think, like most people, the Legion of Doom should be #1. They have them at #8 on this list. How are they not in the Top 5?
I would have E&C as #1 on my list too but that's because i'm biased towards Edge and Christian because i am a big fan of their singles work.
sendpm.gif