WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives > The 1st WrestleZone Forums Election
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-03-2012, 06:04 PM
klunderbunker's Avatar
klunderbunker klunderbunker is online now
More Comfortable with the Seesawing
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 17,770
klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default First Debate Begins Now

Due to the problems of getting everyone in here at a certain time, this will be under the format of the candidates will come in, respond to the question and once all of them have (or once a reasonable amount of time has passed) I'll put up the next one. Here are a few rules:

There will be two or so questions at a time. Once a new question has been posted, the debate on the previous questions is over, period.

Anyone posting in here other than myself or the three candidates or Sly will get their post deleted and if they post again, they'll be warned and/or infracted for spamming. It's about these three and that's it.

Some questions will be serious, some won't be, some will be about wrestling and some won't be.

Before we get to the first topic, let's hear a little bit from each candidate about what spot they're running for and why they should be the choice. This is NOT about why the others shouldn't get the job. That will come later.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
I am
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
in fact
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
better than you.
sendpm.gif
  #2  
Old 01-04-2012, 02:06 AM
Dagger Dias's Avatar
Dagger Dias Dagger Dias is online now
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lorule
Age: 31
Posts: 8,622
Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias
Default

I am running for a Wrestling section mod spot. While it may come as a shock to some that I didn't pick the Video Games section, that section still comes into play within my vision, I will get back to that in a moment.

The vast majority of my posts have come from the WWE section and I am in there on a daily basis. Since I am already in there daily as it is, I would be an asset to the section as a mod by forming a team with Jack-Hammer to tackle the task of generating discussion. It would make his workload lighter, especially during the busiest time of the wrestling year, Wrestlemania season. I would also be available to assist Nick and Nate as needed with maintaining the section.

Yes, a team is already in place with Jack-Hammer starting threads while Nick and Nate maintain, but something is missing. Somebody needs to be actively involved with the posters by debating with them and helping guide the discussion so that it stays on topic. That is where I come in. It is no secret that I love to post and generate discussion whether it be by debating or starting threads. Plus, with the addition of a 4th member to the WWE stable in myself that could open up the opportunity for me to take over the tasks of anyone currently a mod in there who might wish to change sections in the future.

Everyone knows I spend time on our forum each day. I would therefore be available to moderate every single day. I would also be readily available to provide answers or advice to any poster who needs it both in the "ask a staff member" thread and in PM's. My section would take priority over things like posting or repping, which brings me to my next point.

The non-wrestling non-spam sections are currently the weakest link of the forum, with a grand total of 3 sections that are without a mod. I have kept the video games section alive during its time without a mod on multiple occassions. I promised to keep it active until it receives the attention it deserves. Dave, Doc, and Lee all stepped down. Most of the current staff members do not ever post in there. Since I, on the other hand, DO post there frequently, I would be more than willing to look after it as best I can alongside my mod duties. I plan to keep an eye on it and still post new threads there alongside my mod duties. Lee did that when he was G-Mod and I plan to do the same as WWE mod. If I had further time on my hands I would help out in the Movies & TV section too. The staff is a team and if I get elected to join the team then I will volunteer to help out where needed. I can even check the forum during my breaks at work to do a little extra modding.

Basically, in non-word fort form, I am running for WWE mod and will be available to not only help posters who need it but also volunteer my services to other sections such as Video Games, Movies, or wherever I might be needed on that particular day.
__________________
Come join the best section on the forum WrestleZone Championship Wrestling! You know you want to!



"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif
  #3  
Old 01-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Coco's Avatar
Coco Coco is offline
Future Endeavored
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: PLANET PEACOCK
Age: 9
Posts: 1,297
Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default

Hello, I'm Coco The Monkey.

Hold for applause.

I'm your friendly neighbourhood spam aficionado with a PhD in re-watching Hollywood Homicide on DVD and a Masters in finding my friends' interpretive dance performances to be wildly hilarious. But what you might not know about me is that I'm also the most obvious choice for a moderator this side of klunderbunker. Now I know some of you are rolling your eyes and dismissing that fact because I fiendishly spend most of my time on WrestleZone in the spam sections.

Hold for shrieks of horror from 1950s housewives.

I know, I know. Discussing things in a concise, laid back format isn't serious posting. Lord knows that when I'm just shooting the shit with my buddies, there has been many a time when an overwhelming guilt comes over me about how I could be doing something useful with my time. Like participating in an organized debate society. Or going up to a group of strangers with a prepared statement and trying to generate discussion among them. I guess not doing those things makes me kind of a bad guy and puts my qualifications as a moderator in question. But let's pretend for just one second that spam discussion is as good as all other discussion on this forum. Let's pretend that lots of little posts can lead to big thoughts and big discussions. Well acknowledging that, shouldn't sections dedicated to spam discussion have their own mod to uphold the rules?

Hold for sombre nodding in agreement and/or wild cheering. Throw shirt to handsome child in second row if you're feeling it.

Well there are some here who are going to argue that nobody needs to be appointed specifically to uphold the rules of the spam section. I've heard many times from those opposed to my goals that there are no rules here and that barely anything happens here that the G-mods are incapable of regulating on their own. And in that logic is a fundamental misunderstanding of the potential for naughtiness in the spam sections. There are still rules prohibiting spoilers, flaming, porn, advertising, and so forth. I've been told twice in as many days from guys on the mod team that there's stuff they can see that needs cleaning up in the spam sections. Unfortunately, they'd have to wait for a G-mod to get online. Isn't that a sad story?

Hold for uncontrollable weeping the likes of which hasn't been seen since Kim Jong-il's funeral. A light breeze is making your nipples a little hard. Should have kept your shirt on.

Yes, the spam sections deserve a dedicated mod-presence just like any other section on this site. If the Hall of Fame gets its own mod, then surely we can assign some proper manpower to a neglected section of this forum that people actually care about. And acknowledging that, it's clear that I'm the hero spam deserves.

Hold for the group of pregnant ladies in the first row to give birth simultaneously.

Mazel tov, ladies. Yes, me. Why? Because I'm the best damn spam poster on the site. Because a bad boy like me knows the rules inside and out. And because I have overwhelming support on the mod team. Just ask jmt225. Just ask xfearbefore. Just ask JGlass. Just ask Nate. Just ask Big Nick Dudley. Just ask It's Damn Real. And look at the former mods who have given me their seal of approval: Uncle Sam, Doc, tdigle, Guysenberg. Hell, when I laid out my qualifications to D-Man, I'm pretty sure I saw him pitch a pant-tent. Why am I telling you all this? Because the mod team is a team.

You know why Sidious flopped? It wasn't because he wasn't a hard worker. And in this case, he didn't flop because Alex Wright decided to put on some pants. No, he flopped because he didn't fit in with the team. Because he wasn't respected. And even though I'm known for being a bit of a dissenter, it's clear that I know how to illicit the respect of those cut from the same mod-worthy cloth as myself. No other man in this election can say the same of himself and there are certainly few on the entire board who would be able to fit into that team while remaining true to their convictions. Me? No false-modesty: I'm capable of doing just that.

Cheque, please.
  #4  
Old 01-04-2012, 03:21 PM
The Crock's Avatar
The Crock The Crock is offline
WOO!
WCW TV Champion
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,644
The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...
Default

Last one to the party, aww shucks. Anyway, you all know who I am by now, but here's my little spiel:

I'm gunning to be the next WWE Moderator. Yeah, there are already 3 others, but I'd be a solid addition to that team. I'm not going to run on the platform of "driving discussion," because everybody and their mother knows that with or without guys like Jack-Hammer, the section would live on. I'm looking to take care of the section and make an impact behind the scenes.

I love WWE, I love posting about WWE, and I love being able to help out however I can. I wouldn't be in this contest if I didn't think I could help, if I didn't think I was right for the job. Not only am I active in the section, but I have an excellent understanding of the rules. I'm a fine fit for the job. I also think that I have an excellent grasp of what a moderator should be. You have to be a fine balance of a lot of things -- you have to take all the abuse that will come with a bold name, you have to be willing to help, you have to know how to keep your section clean, etc. While I may not flaunt who I rep or if I help posters regularly, I've done more than enough of that myself. I'm not going to be a strict hand who abuses his power, but I won't be a pushover, either. As a moderator, you cannot let people walk on you, but you must understand their concerns. I can do that.

For a very long time now, I've felt myself fit to be on staff, I've wanted to grab the brass ring. I've posted all over this forum, but I always had a passion for WWE. When I first came around here, I joined one of the factions, the Smackdown B-Team. I used that as motivation to post in WWE. I kept on broadening my posts out, ranging to different sections, at one point posting thread upon thread in the Old School section, but regardless of that, I always came back to WWE. I've seen what the WWE section can become if neglected for even one second and I'm more than willing to change that. I've said it from day one: I want the spot because I think I can help. Period.

I can't predict how this election will turn out, but I know I have my supporters -- current guys on staff, former moderators, regulars, whoever -- and I'm confident in my stance. I'm this close to winning and I hope you guys can get/stay behind me.
sendpm.gif
  #5  
Old 01-04-2012, 03:36 PM
klunderbunker's Avatar
klunderbunker klunderbunker is online now
More Comfortable with the Seesawing
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 17,770
klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default

Question #2: Why should the other candidates not get someone's vote?

Question #3: What do you think a mod's job is to do? As in, what should a mod do on a regular (not necessarily daily) basis?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
I am
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
in fact
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
better than you.
sendpm.gif
  #6  
Old 01-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Coco's Avatar
Coco Coco is offline
Future Endeavored
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: PLANET PEACOCK
Age: 9
Posts: 1,297
Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
Question #2: Why should the other candidates not get someone's vote?
Why shouldn't my opponents get your vote? Because they're not me, the far-and-away best choice. But if you're looking for me to take some direct shots at them, I'm more than willing to oblige. Consider the gloves off.

Let's start with Dagger. That thing I mentioned in my opening post about respect among the staff being vital? Well he's a joke among our current crop of decision-makers. In all fairness, Doc was also a joke when get got bumped up to staff. But he earned his stripes and, more importantly, wasn't as prone to rage as Dagger is. As such, using the example of Doc as precedent for Dagger's potential appointment to staff is kind of ludicrous. I prefer comparing Dagger to Sidious. Remember when Dagger raged-out when people mocked his video game? I do. Pure Sid. You think he's going to take any less mocking once he's part of the staff? Darn tootin' you don't. Mods and civilians alike are going to force him to switch to stronger blood-pressure medication. Those who care about the site wouldn't want to put WrestleZone through the embarassment of another Sidious. Those who care about Dagger wouldn't want to put him and his wife through the health woes. As a matter of fact, I encourage Dagger's wife to vote in the coming election for this very reason.

I'm sure that right about now, some of you would like to reply to this thread and tell me that Dagger can change. Well let me save you the trouble of asking: He can't. He's incapable. Have you seen how he's posted and carried himself on here for years in spite of all the constructive feedback he's received? He's more set in his ways than Milenko. And he's like this in real life too. Remember when his boss was “sabotaging his work performance”? He's not the kind of guy who's willing to take responsibility for anything. When he fails as a mod or is admonished in any form by his superiors, it will be their fault.

If you're looking for a little less amateur psychoanalysis and a little more analysis of one's qualities as a potential WWE section mod, look no further than this shining example of your average Dagger post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
I disagree with this idea. It sounds too much like how they already push bigger guys. We need something different. It is so boring to see the same old push each time. Rumors have been floating around of Skip returning as Ryback, a character who is (kayfabe) from the future. He could still destroy people like he did in Nexus but would need to get on the mic in order to help his character get over. As long as his cowboy antics from NXT do not return then he should do fine on the mic. His promos during Nexus were ok and he can only improve. Even if he does not return as Ryback then he should still do promos because the idea of another "monster" push without promos just adds to my fast forward button's usefulness.
Ordinary in every way, right? He does this in most threads and has done so for years. He's not really interested in discussion. WrestleZone serves as more of a diary for him. Which is fine coming from somebody like Jack-Hammer who's able to tackle an issue from multiple angles, but Dagger isn't that guy. As such, it comes off as dime-a-dozen e-birdcage liner. He doesn't really generate discussion, which he claims is a goal of his and one of his strong-suits as a poster. He's not shown himself to be of above-average skill when putting his back into something (as evidenced by Division Blade). He's not going to add anything to the WWE section that Nate, Nick, and Jack-Hammer don't already. If anyone would like to point out one reason to vote for Dagger beyond loyalty to the ABC Party, I'd love to hear it. Rohan is more qualified to be a mod at this point. At least he's level-headed.

As for Crock, don't make me laugh. A better choice than Dagger by a country mile, but you're fooling yourself if you believe his intentions to be pure. For all his cliché-riddled talk about brass rings and passion and helping out, I don't think he's really thought this through. Look at his opening argument: Zero mention of a demonstrable need for his services, zero mention of the impact he plans to make behind the scenes, zero mention of how he thinks he can help out, not even a solid anecdote about one of these posters he's supposedly helped out. How about some substance? I haven't see anything that empty since the last time I accidentally looked in Newt Gingrich's eyes. I'm sure Crock is going to fire back with a tonne of examples about how I'm totally wrong and fabricate a need for his continued existence, but you can see in his opening post that all he really wants is the glory. Which is cool. I like glory as much as anyone. But I also see that my glory will fill a void that needs filling in a section I frankly dominate.

Want further proof of Crock's motivations? Look at his WZCW character. He uses his real name, Sam Smith. Smith used to be a lawyer, just like Crock wants to be. Smith played football, just like Crock. Crock's so interested in thrusting himself to glory that he neglected to come up with an interesting character and just writes for an idealized version of himself. How self-involved can a guy be? Crock worships no God higher than himself. Nice fellow, but it's true. He might love the forum, but nothing comes above him getting that bold name and feeling like one of the cool kids.

Any questions?

Quote:
Question #3: What do you think a mod's job is to do? As in, what should a mod do on a regular (not necessarily daily) basis?
What should a mod do regularly? Shower. Put on clean underwear. Brush his teeth. I say “his” because there are no female moderators. Oh, and he should keep his section clean. As clean as he would his keep his body or his teeth or his underwear. Nobody respects a mod with skid-marks in his tighty-whities or Cheetos residue on his fingers. Mmm, Cheetos... Wait, what were we talking about? I forget. Anyway, I've been told there are other mods whose job it is to “drive discussion,” but I don't believe there should be. Sam raised me better than that. He even taught me to wash behind my ears.
  #7  
Old 01-04-2012, 08:08 PM
The Crock's Avatar
The Crock The Crock is offline
WOO!
WCW TV Champion
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,644
The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
Question #2: Why should the other candidates not get someone's vote?
I'm going to start off with Dagger. Personally, I've never had any problems with him, but that doesn't mean I think he's a very good choice for the mod spot. I mean, not only is he getting blasted by many people involved in this election, but moderators (people who he would have to work with) are blasting him as well. I'll quote what Tasty said, which utterly surprised me, as it's out of character:

Click for Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastycles View Post
Not read any of this bar the first 5 posts, but I can tell you the answer to the question. In all the time I've been on these forums I have bad mouthed two posters in any capacity. I do not take the forum home with me. I am not bothered about the TM scandals, Sidious being self-important or the fact that I've basically been totally ignored by the new crop of posters. Seriously my rep goes back to October! I generally just get on with it and don't really get affected by the people on here. The first person I badmouthed was Monkey, because he epitomised the cliquey nature of the forums when I got here. I called him a cunt for specifically that, once, possibly in the board room, and that was that. I have said all this so that you know that I don't speak down of people for no reason.

The second is Dagger Dias, in this post.

Dagger Dias does not deserve to be a mod for the following practical reasons, in this order:

1) None of the mods like him

2) Very few posters like him

3) He is a terrible poster. Quantity over quality is an understatement. There isn't enough megabytes in the world to store the amount of Dagger Dias posts you'd need to find the insight in 1 paragraph of a Gelgarin post.

But these things are all overcomable. Ferbian was guilty of 3, Sidious of 2, and TM of 1, and all did a reasonable job.

So why no to Dagger?

Because he is a snivelling cunt who will do anything to get the mod spot. He has reported posts of people supporting him. He has constantly bothered fellow mods with PMs begging for tips. When Lee posted an obvious joke about "how to become moderator", he followed it verbatim. He made a shit game, then got offended when he asked for criticism and got it. If everyone thinks you're a tool, it's because you're a tool.

These are reasons not to vote for him, but it's not my reason. My reason is when he sent a PM to a moderator, behind the backs of myself, the admins and everyone else asking for my spot, while I was still doing it, because he didn't feel I was doing the job. Regardless of the fact I was moving house at the time. Regardless of the fact that I had obviously informed the admins of this. Regardless of the fact that he is dog shit at posting.

My question to you is how could you work alongside someone who has deliberately gone behind your back? I am not going to resign if he wins, I shouldn't have to, but I can't see how it will make for a pleasant board room. And when you get an unpleasant board room, you end up with trigger happy mods trying to make an impression. I've been here and seen it all before.

If you vote for Dagger Dias, you might end up banned. Both because he will stab the people who voted for him in the back, and because it will create unrest in the board room, which leads to more bannings.

If it was a choice between Dagger Dias and DEADMANSNUMBA1FAN, then you still shouldn't vote for him, but it isn't, it's a choice between some people who have earned their chance, and someone who will step on anyone to get theirs.



As I said, it's completely out of character for Tasty, but that's pretty telling. He's just not a good candidate at all. The term "Daggering" a post exists, you'll never hear about "Slying" a post, "JGlassing" a post, or "Crocking" a post, though, will you? Quantity over quality seems to be the creed that he goes by around here -- then he tries to make it seem as if that makes him any more worthy than anybody else for a position. Look here, if I didn't give a shit about what I was trying to say, I'd probably have that many posts too. Non-spam is something I put effort and thought into, but he seems to just post the minimum so that it gets by. Posting machine =/= good.

I'd also like to point out that he's now running for the WWE mod spot. I find this laughable because he's not even the best candidate for the job in this election. I somehow came to terms with people voting for him to be a Video Games and Technology mod, even though I felt Muffin Top Merkley was better, but when I learned he was gunning for the WWE spot, I couldn't believe it. I'm certainly not the only one.

Some people think this is unnecessary Dagger hate, but it's people wanting this election to count for something. I have never seen such a unanimously negative response to one poster in my time here, barring trolls or Sidious. I don't blame anybody for speaking up either. Dagger is a wanna-mod with no understanding of the rules, as is evidenced by the string of reported posts with no broken rules. He's only gotten this far because he was willing to rep people to get here, I mean, there's nothing against the rules with that, but there are many people who are utterly disgusted that he got this far.

As for Coco, I've said it throughout this thing that I respect the approach he took. He went outside the box, willingly going for a spam mod spot. He's creative and witty, all the respect in the world for that... He's not perfect though. He's left WZCW multiple times, not on good terms, either (in the middle of a major push). For that, I doubt his commitment. I just don't know how badly Coco wants this -- It could all be one big joke to him.

On top of that, as much as I respect his approach, is there need for a spam mod? I can't concretely say that there is or isn't, but I know there's more need for a WWE mod (that's not to say the current WWE team isn't doing a nice job).

In this type of a competition, you need to vote for who is the best potential moderator out of the bunch. Yeah, Dagger has the largest following (due to rep, most likely), although he has lost some members of his party, it seems, and Coco has a large one in his own right, but this election is going to be close. Every vote matters and I can only hope that the right choice is made. Coco for Spam mod? Dagger for WWE mod? Crock for WWE mod? Which one makes the most sense? I'd argue that I certainly make the most sense.

Quote:
Question #3: What do you think a mod's job is to do? As in, what should a mod do on a regular (not necessarily daily) basis?
A mod has to be committed to his section and to his job. You have to go through and keep your section in good shape. It's not all about deleting posts and moving threads, but rather, making your section run as well as it can. I mean, you do have to go through and read all the threads, no doubt, to make sure there's no spam, but you also have to be able to give suggestions and so on. As moderator, if a poster is struggling with the rules, maybe you have to shoot him a quick PM to try to help and other side of that, you have to be able to deal with questions/abuse on your own. It makes you a target, but it also makes you an example of sorts. Newer posters will look for help from you and you have to be able to do that, but you cannot allow yourself to be manipulated.

Being a moderator is a job and a responsibility. You have to be ready for that. As a moderator, I would regularly keep up with my section, making sure the best discussions possible are going on and not being hindered by spam, I would be helping posters, and I would bring commitment to my job, most importantly. I wouldn't be going for this if I couldn't help out. I truly believe I have what it takes to do the best job possible. I'm not going to give empty promises of "driving discussion," because that's not who I will be as a moderator. I'm always going to be an active poster, but the section will run with or without me, my job will be to make it run as smoothly as possible. As a moderator, you have to have balance and knowledge, it's part of the job. You have to be able to deal with it all -- I can do that.
sendpm.gif
  #8  
Old 01-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Dagger Dias's Avatar
Dagger Dias Dagger Dias is online now
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lorule
Age: 31
Posts: 8,622
Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias
Default

Let's start off with Coco.

Coco should not be a mod because he is in this for the wrong reasons. He is running for a section that does not need moderation. The spam zone has the shortest list of rules and therefore would be the easiest to mod, as over half the staff didn't already spend most of their time in there. They can infract posts that have anything against the tiny miniscule list of rules for The Bar Room together. Also, he constantly stirs drama. Coco will only end up stirring up more drama in The Board Room because he loves to mess with people. Inevitably, he will cause problems with other staff members just to give himself something to laugh at. He cannot be trusted. A mod needs to be trustworthy, and I know that the higher up's would agree with me here. This is about getting the job done, not getting a bold username displayed with your posts. Finally, he has been obsessed during this campaign with the support he claims to have from Mods, G-mods, and former Mods. That's well and good, but the opinions of newcomers matter and newer regulars matter just as much as the opinions of the veterans and spammers. A lot of them do NOT want Coco to win due to the drama he causes and a lack of trust in him.

Crock is just as bad. Sure, he wants to clean up the WWE section and maybe even throw out a few new threads, but then what's he going to do? Head straight back into the spam zone to join the latest discussion on what posters "suck", and other boring garbage that doesn't matter. He also comes across as someone who will do anything it takes to be seen as "cool". So, much like Coco we have someone who is prone to cause drama, or add to it just so other posters will like him or rep him. He makes promises only when they benefit HIM personally. You cannot count on, or trust, Crock. Once again, that's NOT what being a mod is about.

The bottom line is this.... Neither one of them can be trusted. They are both in this for the glory. When it comes down to it the forum members need to vote for someone who not only can get the job done but also WANTS to volunteer their services in any way needed.

Now then, what IS a mod's job? How should a mod act? I'm glad KB asked this. By now I'm sure many of you have seen JGlass' thread.

In that thread, Tastycles shared a story regarding myself from earlier this year. I want to respond to Tastycles' accusation because it ties in with my answer to the question. As the saying goes, there are two sides to every story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastycles View Post
These are reasons not to vote for him, but it's not my reason. My reason is when he sent a PM to a moderator, behind the backs of myself, the admins and everyone else asking for my spot, while I was still doing it, because he didn't feel I was doing the job. Regardless of the fact I was moving house at the time. Regardless of the fact that I had obviously informed the admins of this. Regardless of the fact that he is dog shit at posting.
Ok, here we go. This is WRONG. For one, Tasty should have discussed this issue with me in private. Also, that's not even what happened. I would be more than happy to shed some light on what REALLY happened.

Ferbian had just resigned. I sent a message to a Mod (name withheld) asking if he might need some help in his section now. He told me everything is under control but to try asking (other Mod name withheld) if he needs help instead since he was r unning a whole section by himself. So I did and was told to ask KB or Sly about it but that he would endorse me within the Board Room. I was contacted again by the first mod I spoke with (name withheld) who informed me that I should inquire about General Wrestling instead. So I asked Sly and KB if any further help was needed, and they said not right now. Both of the mods I had spoken to, as well as a third(name withheld), told me to start by reporting posts. This is the part that JGlass has brought up several times. Yes, I made a mistake that day and the next by reporting too much. I am man enough to admit it. It only lasted a couple of days until a fourth mod (name withheld) told me one of my reports was wrong, and D-Man (not withheld since he himself brought it up in another thread) told me I should stop, and I did.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastycles View Post
If you vote for Dagger Dias, you might end up banned. Both because he will stab the people who voted for him in the back, and because it will create unrest in the board room, which leads to more bannings.
These accusations disgust me. Coco and The Crock will just be more of the same if you elect them. Deliberately posting lies about someone that they don't even know, just because it's the "cool" thing to do. Personal matters need to be dealt with in private messages. Not by creating drama in The Bar Room. That is NOT how a moderator should behave like.

So how SHOULD a moderator act and what tasks does that entail? Simple. A mod should keep traffic coming to his section. By POSTING. Debating with those who they disagree with or to further a well brought up point. Coming up with new topics. Keeping the section clean. Being actively involved with the posters by discussing things with them or even offering them advice within emails. Repping for those who help provide good discussion. Someone who will be willing to help out in other sections rather than hunt for spam in each thread then head straight to The Bar Room to insult others. There are unmodded sections that need to be looked after as well. Video Games being one of them. I personally plan to look after it alongside my WWE mod duties. I have kept the section alive this long when many of its regulars have either resigned from the staff such as Dave, Lee, or Doc; and/or stopped posting there. Someone who is kind, friendly, intelligent, passionate about their section's subject matter, trustworthy, approachable, willing to lend a helping hand whether that be to HELP new posters (not insult them or post the message in a public thread) or volunteer to help look after other sections.

A mod should be willing to take rookies under their wing. I have helped out a number of people. Hamler, JWGunslinger, and Notorious718 are just a small handful of guys I took under my wing as a mentor to help them become the posters you know them as today.

Last but certainly not least.... when it comes to dealing with spammers who try to cause drama or posters who are angry about infractions.... I believe in taking an approach similar to customer service at my store. Fighting back with angry customers comes back on me in the end. I maintain a professional attitude and let them know what the rules are. Then I help them with whatever might require assistance. As for drama, one needs to deal with it appropriately within the context of the rules. Drama between Mods should stay in the Board Room. Drama with posters should be dealt with in a respectful way as much as possible.

In closing, Mods need to be friendly, smart, passionate, available, dependable, and trustworthy. I provide all of the above, while Coco and Crock come up short in all of these areas.
__________________
Come join the best section on the forum WrestleZone Championship Wrestling! You know you want to!



"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif
  #9  
Old 01-05-2012, 10:58 PM
The Crock's Avatar
The Crock The Crock is offline
WOO!
WCW TV Champion
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,644
The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
Crock is just as bad. Sure, he wants to clean up the WWE section and maybe even throw out a few new threads, but then what's he going to do? Head straight back into the spam zone to join the latest discussion on what posters "suck", and other boring garbage that doesn't matter. He also comes across as someone who will do anything it takes to be seen as "cool". So, much like Coco we have someone who is prone to cause drama, or add to it just so other posters will like him or rep him. He makes promises only when they benefit HIM personally. You cannot count on, or trust, Crock. Once again, that's NOT what being a mod is about.


Oh my God, let me run to all the other mods in the spam zone and tell them they're not doing their job right. So what if I go to the spam zone? Some of the best discussion on here go on in there and even if we're trash talking a poster, why does it matter? I'm going to trash talk a guy like Ryan86, alongside staff and regulars alike, I won't make a thread on a guy like Rayne who posts awesome stuff.

Not only are you talking out of your ass, but you're literally making me laugh. Go into the spam zone and see what we normally talk about. We talk about life, video games, sports, you name it. Don't paint the spam zones as something negative, don't even try.

Quote:
These accusations disgust me. Coco and The Crock will just be more of the same if you elect them. Deliberately posting lies about someone that they don't even know, just because it's the "cool" thing to do. Personal matters need to be dealt with in private messages. Not by creating drama in The Bar Room. That is NOT how a moderator should behave like.
Anything goes in the Bar Room, champ.

Quote:
So how SHOULD a moderator act and what tasks does that entail? Simple. A mod should keep traffic coming to his section. By POSTING. Debating with those who they disagree with or to further a well brought up point. Coming up with new topics. Keeping the section clean. Being actively involved with the posters by discussing things with them or even offering them advice within emails. Repping for those who help provide good discussion. Someone who will be willing to help out in other sections rather than hunt for spam in each thread then head straight to The Bar Room to insult others. There are unmodded sections that need to be looked after as well. Video Games being one of them. I personally plan to look after it alongside my WWE mod duties. I have kept the section alive this long when many of its regulars have either resigned from the staff such as Dave, Lee, or Doc; and/or stopped posting there. Someone who is kind, friendly, intelligent, passionate about their section's subject matter, trustworthy, approachable, willing to lend a helping hand whether that be to HELP new posters (not insult them or post the message in a public thread) or volunteer to help look after other sections.
So, you actually think if you didn't post in the WWE section that there wouldn't be as much traffic? Please, spare me that trash. Oh, and I picked out some of the last few threads you've made, in order to point out that you're not the master of generating discussion you think you are:

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=192168

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=192171

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=190556

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=194884

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=195698

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=197334

Color me impressed.

Quote:
In closing, Mods need to be friendly, smart, passionate, available, dependable, and trustworthy. I provide all of the above, while Coco and Crock come up short in all of these areas.
Lulz.

Last edited by The Crock : 01-05-2012 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Accidentally left some of Dagger's text in there.
sendpm.gif
  #10  
Old 01-06-2012, 12:08 AM
klunderbunker's Avatar
klunderbunker klunderbunker is online now
More Comfortable with the Seesawing
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 17,770
klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default

Question #4: What is your own biggest flaw?

Question #5: What are some of your favorite moments/matches/wrestlers of all time? This can be single word/phrase answers if you would prefer or can be detailed.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
I am
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
in fact
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
better than you.
sendpm.gif
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices