WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives > The 1st WrestleZone Forums Election
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Gone but never forgotten.
Mr. Money in the Bank

D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to D-Man Send a message via MSN to D-Man

This thread... I like it.

Click for Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696
Let's IP ban you and find out. Who the fuck are you kidding? Do you really think you understand the situation better than I do? Fuck off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal
I will say it though, this would be pretty fucking cool if it didnt suck ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC25 View Post
Wait...a SMILEY with a LIGHTSABER!? God, no! Anything but that!
Are you going to hurl your virginity at me next???
sendpm.gif
Old 01-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Special Victims Unit
WWE Women's Champion

Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to Serious Mozzarella Send a message via MSN to Serious Mozzarella Send a message via Skype™ to Serious Mozzarella

I'm more interested in why he called him "D Double" when there's a perfect opportunity for "Double D"

Because Dagger has tits.

Because he's a woman
sendpm.gif
Old 01-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Gentleman of the Old School
WWE Diva's Champion

Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Gelgarin

In the UK potential Conservative leader David Davis already tried that one - he even had large chested women accompany him bearing the slogan "I'd for Double D". It didn't work.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Best angle of all: retirement
WWE Women's Champion

DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...

A few things:

1: People are taking this way too personally.

Lulz. Just as funny as the idiot who claimed that this has become some people mission in life or something. Good stuff. Like I've never seen an argument on the internet end with the losing party accusing the better man of simply having no life or of taking things too seriously.

2: Coco will get modded anyway, so vote Dagger.

This is absurd. Whatever guy in your private forums is telling you to forward this talking point needs to be drawn and quartered. Yes, yes, let's just go out there and admit that without this election our guy stands no chance of ever being mod, and we should bank on people being sympathetic to that.

3: Flame wars

Snakey baby, I'm sorry, but you are being an idiot about this. I get that maybe you don't hang around those parts much often on account of being called out as a twat, but these frequent "flame wars" you talk about just don't happen. Having been a member for a little while now, I can safely say that the spam zones don't see half the flame threads that it used to back in the days of Jenks and Furyof5. This is a big talking point of Dagger's too, and it's just flat out inaccurate. Don't worry, though; I won't tell anyone that the supposed nice guy is willing to exaggerate and lie about forum events to spin things in his favor. At least, not yet.

4: Dagger, the nice guy

So Monkey makes two posts in one thread about Dagger, and he blows up over it. You guys claim it was also over Monkey saying the same thing SIX MONTHS PRIOR, and you expect us to see that as somehow a good thing? Like, I'm supposed to be impressed that he held on to his butt hurt over half a year before blowing up about it?

And then there's the Tasty thing. Sorry, but I'm much more inclined to believe the words of someone like Tasty over Dagger. Especially when I read Dagger exaggerating other situations to suit his needs.

5: Accountability

Oh, here comes the big one.

In my life, both online and in person, I have come to know a handful of people who always have the same stories.

"My crazy boss fucked me over..."

"S/He had it out for me..."

"They're just always in my way because they hate me..."

Coincidentally, these comments always seem to come from people who have difficulty holding down jobs. You will never hear them talk about lessons they learned from a job and what they could have done better. You will never hear them talk about the ways they've improved themselves since then. You will ONLY ever hear them moan about how it wasn't their fault, and that it was someone else out to get them.

I see people like this and it's hard for me to have much respect for them. Having been an employee and an employer and manager in the many jobs I've held, I can say that there really aren't "crazy bosses out to fuck you over" out there as often as people will cry about them. What there are is incompetent bosses, sure. And lazy ones...ok, I'll buy that. But you know when a manager has decided they don't like you...when they start to focus on you alone? It's not because they are evil and are just out to fuck you over at random. It's usually because of you. It's because you are lazy, lackadaisical, and slow. Or maybe it's because you have an attitude problem, whether you know it or not.

Dagger is another person like this; he won't take much responsibility for his actions. It's always someone else's fault. That is not the type of person I want to vote for.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-06-2012, 02:05 PM
What's the craic?
WWE European Champion

FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Damn sleep and work! I've responded to everyone that I feel was addressing myself, unless they have already been covered by a fellow supporter. Thanks for all the considered responses, it been enjoyable to engage with y'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyourinmaru View Post
Did you see the way he responded to people who didn't like his game?

I like him but the man does not take criticism well
I have seen this highlighted many times but I am unaware of anyone illustrating any real record of him having a noted history of unfavorable reaction to things not of his own creation (ie people disagreeing with his opinions). Would God have taken it well if Budda, Zeus and Odin had laughed at man (" What's that useless piece of flesh meant to do? ") or would a parent react well to laughter at their offspring?

WrestleZone isn't his creation so what would he have to take as an attack of something that is his?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harthan View Post
Do you think it's a coincidence that the majority of his detractors are members with longer tenures and staff experience, while the majority of his supporters are the opposite?
About as big a coincidence of those detractors being friends and supporters of Coco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dallas Page View Post
FF4L, as usual you raise good points. However, I must disagree that voting for Coco would prevent the vote from "meaning something". Sometimes, the key to getting on staff is letting people know that there is, in fact, a need, and you are the best [or only] person to fill that need. I became Graphics Mod after demonstrating that there was in fact a need for one, through my reported posts and posts in the section. Previously, there hadn't been a Graphics Mod for quite some time. Now, we can obviously make good arguments about me annoying my way to the position, but the fact remains that I showed there was a need and I was chosen to fill it.

Now, this shows that just because the need for a Spam Mod hasn't been filled or previously brought to light, does not mean it doesn't exist. This election has just made it clear. What need would Dagger or Crock fill that the current WWE team does not already? We have Jack-Hammer for discussion, and Nate and Nick for cleanup. Since you are supporting him, what can Dagger bring to the table?
Thanks, Doc and you make a compelling argument. However, you answer your own question. Asides from his own formidable ability to lobby for the post, he is supported by current mods. Unless there is something that I am not aware of with the G-Mods, he should have absolutely getting the position, which would mean that the voters would be performing a job that is unnecessary.

The WWe is, by far, the biggest section (four sub-sections) and receives the largest amount of non-spam traffic. Nick and Nate have seniority, so in a team game, I'd give one of them the option of joining my old buddy Jack as a discussion driver. Dagger would then take his place under the wing of the member who remains in clean up and learns the ropes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR View Post
The "Why I won't vote for Dagger" thread was posted on the 3rd. This was made on the 5th. That should be indicative of Dagger's support, no?
Ah, the impulsive nature of youth. Asides from the fact that Dias supporters have posted regularly in the anti-Dagger thread, I was waiting until I saw some criticisms before performing a positive rebuttal thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelgarin View Post
So... have I got this right?

You concede that Coco is qualified enough to become mod based on his own merits alone, and that Dagger is not... and you are using this as a pretext to vote for Dagger?
Quote:
SlyFox696
The WrestleZone Forums Administration is proud to bring the community the very first WrestleZone Elections! Over the years of this forum's re-birth from the crash of '06, WZ has seen many members come and go, some doing so garnering respect and Staff positions, some seeing Prison time, but many others just living in the world of the forums. It's been those who have garnered respect and been awarded Staff positions which have traditionally held some of the most controversial debates, with regular community members claiming being on Staff is purely a popularity contest, a charge which has been denied and debunked on numerous occasions. After all, Lord Sidious was a Moderator and nobody liked him.

However, all of that is about to change because now, for the first time, a Staff member will be chosen completely on the grounds of popularity! It will not, however, be the popularity of a poster with the current members of the Staff, but based on popularity with the members of WZ. That's right, every member on the WrestleZone Forums will have their chance to vote for the newest member to the WZ Staff. How will all of this work, you might ask? Read on for the Election rules.
Of course Coco is qualified to be spam mod, he ticks all the boxes in Sly's first paragraph but, as this also indicates, he doesn't require this election to attain this position. The ABC was straightforward in dedicating itself to electing a non-spam mod and the bolded part shows why we are fully supported in the spirit of this exercise to want someone who doesn't tick the previous paragraph's boxes. My idea of this election is to elect the underdog, the guy who mightn't otherwise be considered for quite some time but that the members of the forum do believe deserves that chance. Dagger aced our party, so he is our embodiment of this ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco The Monkey View Post
So what your entire post essentially boils down to is that you're voting for Dagger out of party loyalty and that since I'm already worthy of my getting my mod spot on merit alone, everyone should vote for a charity case like Dagger who has no chance of making mod but this?

Interesting strategy. You used the term "forward thinking" to describe ABC Party members. Would you be willing to define that for me?
I believe I have addressed your first paragraph in reply to Mr Gelgarin, sir but if you do not believe so, I'd be more than happy to clarify.

In response to the "forward thinking", first and foremost (and we have had this called into question) we wanted to place forward a less established but quality candidate. We also didn't narrow our vision as a party, we didn't say "You can't be in our party, we're not interested in the Video Game section". We simply wanted non-spam candidates (another party was already championing this cause quite well). As I stated in my original post, I brow beat JWG into putting his name forward and I also asked Notorious as I felt both these guys are relatively new and could bring a younger eye to the forum. Dagger won through the elections, so it is his responsibility to carry forward this ideal. I'm not suggesting anarchy in the WZ, just that someone outside of the guys with the biggest reps might, just might, bring in new ideas that could be to the benefit to our little piece of the IWC.

Quote:
JGlass
I'm not ignoring your post J, but LSN has addressed it. I do apologize for the typo, just put it down to my advanced years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
So the arguments for Dagger are "he is in my party" (so what?) and "he appears to be learning" (cool, but does that make a good mod?)? That's not enough for me.
If a party has a mandate that they all believe in, is it not weak willed to bail the first time something doesn't go your way? "Oh no, I didn't get Habs through! Sod this, I'm going to join DFP!" Yup, I'd feel really good about myself wouldn't you, or is jumping ship a quality in your world?

Where did I say "He appears to be learning"? You really shouldn't use quote marks when you are not quoting. However, when he is accused of being incapable of learning and there is evidence to the contrary, should the accusation not be debunked? No matter who wins this election, they will have to 'learn' to be mods - that makes learning a valid skill, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD View Post
Nate and JGlass have brought up the need for a spam mod multiple times, errybody stop deying it. I still don't know why there is such a fuss about this though. Coco is a good poster, Dagger is not a good poster. Simple as that.
Erm, think my main point was that Coco does not require to win to become spam mod and, as such, does not need this election. Once again, you join the list of detractors providing evidence to support this claim. As for Dagger's quality, Coco provided an average post to show his lack of quality. Is everyone of your posts A* quality, is anybodies (well, maybe Sly's)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
I don't know much about Dagger, but I do know that mods need to be thick skinned. If he's that sensitive then I don't see a potential mod tenure working out well.
He reacted to a personal creation being criticized. He hasn't, however, been attacked for reacting bad to any other circumstance. One swallow does not a Summer make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
This thread... I like it.
Expound, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy "Two-Times" Mozzarella View Post
I'm more interested in why he called him "D Double" when there's a perfect opportunity for "Double D"

Because Dagger has tits.

Because he's a woman
Thought I'd avoid someone embarrassing themselves by making obvious sexual innuendos or hermaphrodite slurs, guess you don't blush easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelgarin View Post
In the UK potential Conservative leader David Davis already tried that one - he even had large chested women accompany him bearing the slogan "I'd for Double D". It didn't work.
Example of classy use of the pun, didn't need to make an obvious personal attack. Instead, uses history to create a subtle insinuation that the candidate is doomed. Not the case, but still very classy.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:15 PM
AKA Milenko
WWE European Champion

Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Face McShooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitFinlay4Life View Post
About as big a coincidence of those detractors being friends and supporters of Coco.
Hey now I can't fucking stand Coco and hope he loses too
Old 01-06-2012, 02:18 PM
What's the craic?
WWE European Champion

FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyourinmaru View Post
Hey now I can't fucking stand Coco and hope he loses too
I'll turn you all, one by one, with my soothing tones...
Old 01-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
ROH Pure Champion

Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...

Quote:

You're either missing or evading the point. Why are the posters with the most experience and respect on the forums supporting Coco - or, more accurately, not supporting Dagger?
Old 01-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Future Endeavored
Million Dollar Champion

Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
The WWe is, by far, the biggest section (four sub-sections) and receives the largest amount of non-spam traffic. Nick and Nate have seniority, so in a team game, I'd give one of them the option of joining my old buddy Jack as a discussion driver. Dagger would then take his place under the wing of the member who remains in clean up and learns the ropes.
Sounds like you're refining Dagger's position on the fly to fit your argument because Dagger's actual intention of driving discussion has been exposed as severely flawed considering he isn't capable of that. You're living in a fantasy land.

Quote:
Ah, the impulsive nature of youth. Asides from the fact that Dias supporters have posted regularly in the anti-Dagger thread, I was waiting until I saw some criticisms before performing a positive rebuttal thread.
See, this IS a rebuttal thread. Now where are the actual reasons I should vote FOR Dagger.

Quote:
My idea of this election is to elect the underdog, the guy who mightn't otherwise be considered for quite some time but that the members of the forum do believe deserves that chance. Dagger aced our party, so he is our embodiment of this ideal.
Dagger's an idiot who never has a chance of becoming mod through conventional means. You've essential said that your entire party holds the ideal that electing someone of that ilk is a good thing. I think that answers any questions people had about Dagger making a mockery of the process.

Quote:
In response to the "forward thinking", first and foremost (and we have had this called into question) we wanted to place forward a less established but quality candidate. We also didn't narrow our vision as a party, we didn't say "You can't be in our party, we're not interested in the Video Game section". We simply wanted non-spam candidates (another party was already championing this cause quite well). As I stated in my original post, I brow beat JWG into putting his name forward and I also asked Notorious as I felt both these guys are relatively new and could bring a younger eye to the forum. Dagger won through the elections, so it is his responsibility to carry forward this ideal. I'm not suggesting anarchy in the WZ, just that someone outside of the guys with the biggest reps might, just might, bring in new ideas that could be to the benefit to our little piece of the IWC.
So this isn't about Dagger being good enough for the spot, this is a vote of protest against the evil establishment. Nice to know you're in this for the right reasons.

Quote:
If a party has a mandate that they all believe in, is it not weak willed to bail the first time something doesn't go your way? "Oh no, I didn't get Habs through! Sod this, I'm going to join DFP!" Yup, I'd feel really good about myself wouldn't you, or is jumping ship a quality in your world?
This isn't about mindless flag-waving or loyalty. A party isn't getting elected. A mod is. Dagger won't make for a good mod as much as the ABC is obsessed with victory at the expense of the good of the forum.

Quote:
Erm, think my main point was that Coco does not require to win to become spam mod and, as such, does not need this election. Once again, you join the list of detractors providing evidence to support this claim. As for Dagger's quality, Coco provided an average post to show his lack of quality. Is everyone of your posts A* quality, is anybodies (well, maybe Sly's)?
None of Dagger's posts ever creep above a C-. My posts don't have to be consistently in the A+ range to top Dagger.

Also, "Coco deserves it the most" is still a terrible argument. But please do continue saying it as I love hearing nice things about myself.

Quote:
Expound, please?
That's a request, not a question.

Looks like more of the same from the ABC Party. Everyone who doesn't jump off that ship at this point is really showing what they're made of intellectually.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harthan View Post
You're either missing or evading the point. Why are the posters with the most experience and respect on the forums supporting Coco - or, more accurately, not supporting Dagger?
These posters with the most experience and respect on the forums were supporting Coco regardless of his opponent. I'm quite sure if KJ or myself had advanced, they would have supported Coco over us too. Hell, long before we identified our candidate, when there were numerous other options, many of whom are also experienced and respected, these guys were backing Coco. And that's perfectly fine, their prerogative. The fact that these experienced and respected posters back Coco doesn't automatically mean they're correct, it simply reflects their opinions. And as a classy guy like Tastycles suggested, his opinion does not nor should not count for any more than anyone else.

But if we want to go down this road, there are plenty of well respected and experienced guys in the ABC Party. Mustang Sally. Jack-Hammer. LSN. Falkon. Mitch Henessey. Big Sexy. Shattered Dreams. Theo. And many many more. The suggestion that Coco is supported by the only guys that matter around here, and the only supporters of the ABC Party are nameless nobodies, is wrong on all accounts.